Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose - The Facemate got rid of my crisscross wrinkles above my cheeks. There is a thread on EDS on the Facemate. Hope this helps.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch!!!! Sad
Incidentally, I did the laser thing and spent $4,000 on Thermage - complete waste of money.[/quote]
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kelin- I don't mind you suggesting this at all. This is what this board is for to help one another.

I have a tube of Tazorac sitting in my drawer. But I must say...........even with my Elysee I am seeing a difference already with the Dermaroller. This gadget does work. I am a believer. Not sure where I am going to be in the end of all this but know I will definitely be using the Dermaroller with products.

Stovetop- Have never heard of a facemate. Now I need to look at this.
Mathematician

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
My first post -- I'm 58, brunette (now silver) with fair skin, tons of beauty marks, tendency to freckle, and have had pigmentation on upper cheeks. Now that I'm post-menopausal I see REAL changes in skin texture and elasticity -- last spring I had the brown spots lasered off my face (by Dr. Geronemus, #1 laser doc). However, the cost is truly high, insurance won't cover the treatments, so I bought a BabyQuasar in January as a b'day gift to myself.
Excellent results with the BQ, using the hyaluronic acid/copper peptide serum recommended with it. It's evened out my skin tone, reduced crow's feet and the fine lines starting on the upper lip, and has literally re-surfaced my decolletage (too much sun in my teens & 20s), no more lumps, bumps, it's even starting to remove some of the "fold line" in the middle of my upper chest (I sleep on my side).
I use a non-soap cleanser, aveeno dry skin lotion with spf 15, and do the BQ in the evenings, usually while watching a movie or listening to music. Takes about 30 minutes, and next project will be to use it on my hands, no wrinkles but a few larger "freckles".
I'd appreciate hearing from other 55+ women, particularly regarding make-up adjustments -- my eyebrows have gone grey, so I use a dark greyish/brown brow powder, lots of eyeliner & mascara, paler lipstick than before (those upper-lip lines!), and MAC, MAC, MAC Strada blush/contour powder.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Mathematician
Very Happy
You are going to love this forum.
One tip I can share for make up is the Lauren Hutton Face Disc.
Thanks for sharing your results with the BQ.

Smile
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arielle, and happy birthday to all the bdays! I heard Ester C is more bio-available. That is stays in a more useable form longer in the body?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mathematician wrote:
My first post --I use a non-soap cleanser, aveeno dry skin lotion with spf 15, and do the BQ in the evenings, usually while watching a movie or listening to music. Takes about 30 minutes, and next project will be to use it on my hands, no wrinkles but a few larger "freckles".
I'd appreciate hearing from other 55+ women, particularly regarding make-up adjustments -- my eyebrows have gone grey, so I use a dark greyish/brown brow powder, lots of eyeliner & mascara, paler lipstick than before (those upper-lip lines!), and MAC, MAC, MAC Strada blush/contour powder.

I concur with 'skin care addict' on all counts!

Your BQ results sound awesome! And wait till you see how well it will work for your hands. And the LED results get better and better as time goes by, so enjoy every minute of it.

For the makeup, I agree with 'skin care addict' that you might enjoy the Lauren Hutton Face Disc....It really is awesome! Here's a thread to wet your whistle;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=3040

Once again, welcome! And thanks for sharing your trials, tribulations and successes with us all.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
forever hoping
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
so I bought a BabyQuasar in January as a b'day gift to myself.
Excellent results with the BQ, using the hyaluronic acid/copper peptide serum recommended with it. It's evened out my skin tone, reduced crow's feet and the fine lines starting on the upper lip, and has literally re-surfaced my decolletage (too much sun in my teens & 20s), no more lumps, bumps, it's even starting to remove some of the "fold line" in the middle of my upper chest.

I was wondering how long you have been using the BQ with the products? Also which brand product was recommended or did you find beneficial? Sorry I may be asking an obvious question as I have not researched this product. Thanks
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:09 am      Reply with quote
forever hoping, how often do you use the BQ? That sounds like great results that you have had with it.
forever hoping
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
[i]oops. I was quoting from the previous post from Mathematician and wanted to ask her about her experience. sorry for the confusion.
momcat2lou

Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
[code]
I thought I was current on skincare, but you all have taught me so much!

I'm 57 and was willing to age gracefully until I was 54 and it hit the fan! My problems are mostly sagging, dull skin. I also have a "leathery" look that just started. What other products should be used when you are using CPs or DPL? I assume at least day and night moisturizers. Does any particular type or brand work best?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
momcat2lou wrote:
[code]

I'm 57 and was willing to age gracefully until I was 54 and it hit the fan! My problems are mostly sagging, dull skin. I also have a "leathery" look that just started. What other products should be used when you are using CPs or DPL? I assume at least day and night moisturizers. Does any particular type or brand work best?

Yes, It's amazing how you think that you're on top of the aging thing and then wake up one morning and you look like Old Mother Hubbard! I'm 58 and have looked young for my age my entire life - but the rot definitely sets in eventually.

I have had the best results from using Retin-A and the Dermaroller - I also like emu oil. I think I'm going to give up on the CPs and am about to order some Remergent DNA Repair as there's allot of buzz about this at the moment. I really would encourage you to try the Dermaroller though - it will make a significant difference to your skin.
momcat2lou

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Keliu. What other products do you use in your skincare regimen?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
momcat2lou wrote:
Thanks, Keliu. What other products do you use in your skincare regimen?

I'm basically a fan of oils now. I think all the years of using high-end creams just clogged up my pores. I use Rosehip Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Pomegranate Oil and Emu Oil - just 1-2 drops of each. For serums: DIY Vitamin C, Skinactives "Let's Make Collagen". I haven't got the Remergent DNA Repair Formular yet but if you have a look at this thread you will see why I'm considering it.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu- I just the Remergent DNA repair and the Barrier cream. The DNA repair did win Allure product of the year so I am going for it.

I did get my Tazorac out and am rolling with this along with the new SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF.Day and night.

Will post back when I start using all these products about my results.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
momcat2lou wrote:
[code]

Yes, It's amazing how you think that you're on top of the aging thing and then wake up one morning and you look like Old Mother Hubbard! I'm 58 and have looked young for my age my entire life - but the rot definitely sets in eventually.

I have had the best results from using Retin-A and the Dermaroller - I also like emu oil. I think I'm going to give up on the CPs and am about to order some Remergent DNA Repair as there's allot of buzz about this at the moment. I really would encourage you to try the Dermaroller though - it will make a significant difference to your skin.

Keliu - what size rollers do you recommend? I just started flex effect and have decided my next gadget will be two dermarollers - one big dog, one small size.

thanks
Sis
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
If you have a look at the Dermaroller thread you will see that there has been allot of discussion on what size rollers to use - and a lot of differing opinions.

However, basically you need one roller to stimulate collagen - this roller is used weekly for six weeks. I chose to use a 1.5mm. And one roller to aid in product penetration - this roller can be used more frequently. I chose a .5mm - some use even small needles but I find the .5 quite comfortable to use and use it every second or third day. HTH.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I started using a 1.5mm roller. I've had great luck with it and suggest anyone intereste to look at the thread on the "do it yourself and tools" section.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
JMO- I would recommend going slow with the Dermaroller. I actually have the .15 from L & R and even though it is pricey I love it because I can use it every day. My chest is very sensitive and did not like even the .5

Welts and broken capillaries were not what I was looking for. If you have sensitive or thin skin in places this what you might get.

You can get the .25 from Dr. Roller. If you tolerate this you can always move up.

You won't be stimulating collagen with smaller roller but you will get the benefit of product penetration. That I can tell as my brown spots are gone in such a short time.
momcat2lou

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to understand all there is to know about the Dermaroller. The Leaf & Rusher "dermaroller" is not the original "dermaroller", as I understand it. Since there are many fakes out there, how can you be sure that the L & R "dermaroller" is as good as the original? Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
My eldest sister is scared too of getting old and she asked for my help.

I advised her the ff:
- eat healthy
- exercise
- get enough sleep
- don't stress yourself too much
- be happy
- use OBAGI regimen kit...
- use vitamin c serum
- use facial mud packs....
- drink lots of natural water....
- have fun in your life...

I think, a healthy lifestyle, NO SMOKING, moderate drinking will keep you young...

I am worried too, but that is the fact of life. But if we take EXTRA CARE about ourselves, we can go through this issue GRACEFULLY...
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Jade 1234,

What other products are you using on top of the Obagi Nu-Derm Kit?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
JMO- I would recommend going slow with the Dermaroller. I actually have the .15 from L & R and even though it is pricey I love it because I can use it every day. My chest is very sensitive and did not like even the .5

Welts and broken capillaries were not what I was looking for. If you have sensitive or thin skin in places this what you might get.

You can get the .25 from Dr. Roller. If you tolerate this you can always move up.

You won't be stimulating collagen with smaller roller but you will get the benefit of product penetration. That I can tell as my brown spots are gone in such a short time.

I am in agreement here. It's no problem for me using the 1.5 mm on my body. Face, neck and chest is a different story. Initially I bought the 0.5 mm for these areas, but had to capitulate. I am now considering the L & R 0.15 mm to help with product penetration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be in this category in a few years. I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or add my question to this thread, so, I understand if it gets moved elsewhere.

My question: I've been very unhappy lately with clothing styles. I just can't seem to find a nice look, fabric I like, etc. I've never had this problem before, so, not sure if it's me or the current trends.

Where do you like to shop for everyday casual clothes? I sure don't want to dress like I did in my twenties, but want my look to match my age/shape/attitude/outlook. Thank you.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cedar. I'm going through the same thing regarding clothes. I usually have luck in Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Nordstrum.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |