Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
arym wrote:
In response to expense-yes I do spend about about $200 a month on vit. and supplements but I could spend that much on cigarettes, alcohol and gambling.

Oooooh, but the latter is so much more fun ... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

I really need to turn over a new leaf in the New Year and behave myself... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to wish everyone the happiest of holidays and for being so wonderfully helpful and welcoming. I've had a short run on this forum but have never felt in such good company. You all rock!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
And Rileygirl, I haven't tried that particular SB product although I seem to have every other CP-containing product known to humankind. The regular SB ones didn't work for me at all.

I had no results at all with the SB BND cream, unfortunately. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I had no results at all with the SB BND cream, unfortunately. Sad

Thanks for letting me know, Bethany. I know all products are a YMMV. Too bad we all can't have the great results of others with every product we try, huh? Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
(A somewhat early greeting....) Happy New Year Girls!!!!! (and boys???)...
May we all find the best and hardest working skin care options in 2009 without going broke Laughing
So glad to have my EDS 'sisters'. I'm just a bit younger than some on this thread so I feel encouraged and mentored. Wish we could all meet for tea or wine or a supplement taking party Laughing

Hugs all around.

Sis
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
or a supplement taking party Laughing

Sis

Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I toast to that, Sis!!!! with my high protein smoothie. Happiest,healthiest and wealthiest,wrinkle and zit free New Year. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I toast to that, Sis!!!! with my high protein smoothie. Happiest,healthiest and wealthiest,wrinkle and zit free New Year. Very Happy

Amen! Very Happy Wishing that for all of you, and myself as well!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:25 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
(A somewhat early greeting....) Happy New Year Girls!!!!! (and boys???)...
May we all find the best and hardest working skin care options in 2009 without going broke Laughing
So glad to have my EDS 'sisters'. I'm just a bit younger than some on this thread so I feel encouraged and mentored. Wish we could all meet for tea or wine or a supplement taking party Laughing

Hugs all around.

Sis

Echoing everyone here to wish all of you a good skin year for 2009. I love that lil phrase "without going broke"!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of the wonderful posts on this thread, and here's to another year of friendly advice and encouragement!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wishing a happy + healthy New Year to all the gang at EDS. That goes for behind the scenes and on the front line...

I truly love you all, and thank you for a fun filled 2008..

Happy New Year to you all ... Image
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this thread - I can't believe that it's laid dormant for as long as it has! We have many issues that are so different at this age. Suggestions on skincare, not skin devices interest me. (I'm looking for an eye gel for puffiness & advice for a high end organic or natural line.)
I confess that I did just return a Tanda & purchase a FaceMaster from The Shopping Channel. Neutral And I LOVE my Clarisonic, Janson-Beckett, ZO & retinol.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Ruth, I'm glad you bumped this thread up. It's a great resource for those of us of a certain age. I'm not familiar w/ FaceMaster. I'm in my second week of using Kandis' 3 in 1 Beauty and Intelligent Ultrasonic hand helds from Lips2Kiss. It's a little too soon to write a review, but I honestly think I'm seeing a difference skin texture.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Ruthmarion, why did you return the Tanda, and how long did you use it before you returned it?

For the organic/natural lines, have you tried Sophyto or Suki?
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Ruth, I'm glad you bumped this thread up. It's a great resource for those of us of a certain age. I'm not familiar w/ FaceMaster. I'm in my second week of using Kandis' 3 in 1 Beauty and Intelligent Ultrasonic hand helds from Lips2Kiss. It's a little too soon to write a review, but I honestly think I'm seeing a difference skin texture.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=429396#429396

I plan on a short 30 day trial period with the FaceMaster then I'll see if I need to go to the amped up tools Laughing
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ruthmarion, why did you return the Tanda, and how long did you use it before you returned it?

For the organic/natural lines, have you tried Sophyto or Suki?

I wasn't too excited about the Tanda - I saw no difference in the couple of weeks that I used it (I know that it may not have been a fair trial but I also thought that it might make me blind Embarassed )

I have looked and the Suki & Sophyto lines both look interesting to me. In the past I used Darphin (I think that it's natural but I HATE that it's an Estee Lauder thing now)and for about a year I used Henry Tianus. His products were awesome, the delivery was super fast to Canada. The part that they were to be used up in 4 months meant a lot of waste for me because I do like to compliment with other "chemical" things. Time is moving on so I'm needing the high test stuff too. The Organic Pharmacy looks very comparable to Henry Tianus. I don't know why I switch around. If something is good & it works I still experiment with other products. Sigh.

http://www.henrytianus.com/site/1345939/page/45030
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know, RuthMarion. I definitey know what you mean about the switching around! Good luck with finding a natural/organic brand!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Catballou- I'm very anxious for your eventual review on these toys! Thanks - Don't forget!!!
They sounded good on the site.

Sis

catballou wrote:
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
i'm glad you bumped this RuthMarion,

Organic Pharmacy products look really, really good to me, too..
as does Suki..and Image(which i read about on truhinaging.com..and is available at skincarebyalana.com.. and which appeals to me even moe than Suki)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion,
i have also heard... from many sources..(including folks at lightstim and Prolight)..that it takes a while to create new collagen..i believe it maybe something like 6-8 weeks or so....

i may be wrong about the exact amount of time it takes to create new collagen..but i do know that it isn't be created in just 2 weeks time...(and i think that that is the primary purpose for using led's)..although i believe there is some superficial smoothing, etc. that can be seen immediately ....for some people...from using leds.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion,

i didn't mean to imply that you should have given your led more time before returning it..

i just wanted to clarify about the time it takes to create new collagen...

..(and i tend to think about others who may be reading these posts in the future who might need that info)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
RuthMarion,
i have also heard... from many sources..(including folks at lightstim and Prolight)..that it takes a while to create new collagen..i believe it maybe something like 6-8 weeks or so....

I believe it's 3 complete skin cycles (18 weeks) for significant collagen synthesis...

In my personal experience, from LED use, significant new collagen, that resulted in lifting and firming, was apparent at the 6th month of committed LED use. I am 59, so things are much slower to kick in ... Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
SisterSweets, I did a preliminary review, thinking we might get a discussion going and nobody commented.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32425&highlight=

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks catballou - Maybe noone on EDS has tried it. Hopefully someone will come forward with some results - it does sound like some things are working for you.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I agree with you whole heartedly. I think that it does take longer for some things to "work" now than it did while I was in my 20's, 30's 40's.... Rolling Eyes Deep down I guess I thought that the Tanda was the cheaper of the LEDs so I may try out a better type later. I get sucked in all the time by The Shopping Channel Embarassed . I have purchased more skincare from them than I care to think about. It's pretty much all crappy Sad . I may as well buy Avon from my next door neighbour. No shipping & handling. (Not that either doesn't have good products - but not for me) I know my skin & I know what I like & need so I just need to slow down & experiment but stick with what I know is good. Oh well. Not that I'm made of money but the battered women's shelter is always happy to take my rejects ( which become their treasures Smile )
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |