Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari and Eminence on EDS!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I love finding new lines on EDS!

First I am THRILLED to see Eminence appear (only one product listed thus far, I guess they are in the midst of loading them all in). I have been wanting to give this line a go for quite a while since it gets rave reviews..

And the are stacks of Sundari products just listed. Anyone tried Sundari?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
i've tried a couple of eminance products Smile

their masks are pretty good! esp alpha fruit pulp and stone crop Smile

so happy now! i used to call a lady in canada to get my hands on them!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
OK, they must be loading them as I write.. now thre are 3 products.. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard of Sundari but their products look good. Very Happy Anyone who has tried their products please share your experience. Razz
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim, isn't it exciting to log in and discover new lines on EDS EVERY DAY? Cool
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, my credit card is groaning and my will is losing its power Laughing

My EDS cart already has over $200 worth of stuff we "need" (OK, well maybe $140 or so of "need" and the remainder are "ooh.. that looks nice.. well, I really do need to bump up for free shipping" kind of products. Laughing

The sundari line (especially their mists) look lovely.. and those Eminence masks... oh dear, oh dear, why can't the Yen be stronger....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
That's great news! There are a few things that I would like to try from Eminence. I need to go and have a look at Sundari now. Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the Sundari products really look interesting with the combination of peptides and natural ingredients. I will be eagerly awaiting reviews but I will probably try some myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing Sundari for quite sometime, but couldn't find a place to order it that would deliver to Thailand. Also, I've heard raves about Eminence masks and had no clue where to order them either. Now, I'm just so happy EDS is offering both lines. My finance will be suffering though! Anyone with any comments about Sundari? I haven't heard much reviews of the brand.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote

I am so excited to see Eminence on EDS! Their masks are gorgeous (though some are just too potent for me). I feel an order coming on! Rolling Eyes
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, can you give a brief rundown on the ones you have tried.. not a full review, just a line or two (and noting which were potent little suckers) Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, i'm not sure if i should be happy or sad that i found EDS! i'm losing my will power minute by minute! so many new skincare to try!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Oooh, yes please, Mabsy, do tell. I want potent masks!
Mabsy

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
majorb - check out the review of the Lime Stimulating Mask and my followup on this as well. Eve's first line sums it up nicely Smile http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9737

Going from memory, I have tried the following masks:

1. Hungarian Mud Mask http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2912
2. Carrot Vitamin Mask http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2086
3. Pumpkin and Orange Mask
4. Lime Stimulating Mask Shock http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9737
5. Stonecrop Mask
6. Rose petal mask (can't remember exact name)

In a way they are all nice, ok... maybe not the lime mask but I think this one is actually a beautician only mask so maybe I had no business using it on myself by myself....

Rolling Eyes

1. The hungarian mud mask was really nice. I can't remember exact smell anymore but I liked it, I think it was a herbal cinnamon type and it looked like... watery mud. It left the skin quite red for a while (not to be used if you need to leave the house within an hour say) but gave a nice fresh glow afterwards (I think most masks that increase blood circulation tend to do that). I had quality control issues with that one. The samples that Thoughtcrime sent me were not hot at all - she told me that it was painful as all hell but I only felt a slight tingling. Then I bought the full size product and the story was much different - it was quite potent. I would buy this one again actually.

2. The carrot vitamin mask smelled gorgeous (carrot & honey?) but looked terrible! Just think about it... what else always looks like carrot? Maybe it didn't look this bad - it was actually quite dense and not as watery as the mud treatment. The carrot mask actually has larger bits of carrot in there too, so looks rather interesting on the face (as well as being quite orange). If it dries on your face you'll be spending quite some time rubbing all those little carrot pieces off but the result afterwards was good. Nothing spectacular but, again, fresher looking skin.

3. The Pumpkin and Orange mask - I got similar results to the Hungarian Mud. It did sting and burn a little bit, but not as bad as the Hungarian Mud. Again, same results as above - fresher skin, smooth (if I remember correctly - sorry this was a long time ago) and a nice glow. I would buy either this or Hungarian Mud but not both at the same time.

4. OMG! That's all I can say about this one. Again quality control problems. I tried a sample ages ago and it wasn't this bad but a year later tried another sample and - I am not kidding - I have not ever used another mask that made me continually splash cold water on my face for what felt like eternity. Please read Eve's review and be careful if you choose to track this down and try it.

5. Stonecrop I believe is one of Eminence Organics' most popular masks though it wasn't my favourite. It's a gel-like green base with darker green speks of some sort of plant (stonecrop?). I didn't really see much results with this other than my face feeling more moisturised. Wouldn't buy this one again but I know that Thoughtcrime loved it because it calmed her skin.

6. This mask I got purely for the name. The ultimate luxury - crushed rose petals in a gel-like base on your skin Smile It's very nice, I think it may have some AHAs in there because it does seem to tingle slightly and clarify the skin. It also has this weird effect on my skin in that it makes it feel slightly numb. The only other mask that has done that to me was the DDF gel moisture mask. In terms of moisture, it leaves the skin plump and quite moisturised (but not as much as some other masks I tried). I think I still have some of this one left, I'll try it tomorrow and report back with some "fresh memories".

Btw, if you have dryish skin then **please** try the rose moisturiser - it is a really good moisturiser and a little goes a loooong way. Thoughtcrime reported vanishing of pores when she used this for a while, I only use it on and off (too humid right now) and I'm not seeing much in terms of pore reduction. As the name suggests, the cream scent is to die for - although, if you don't like scents (even if they are natural) then this may not be for you because it's quite strong.

HTH
Mabsy

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I stand corrected. The lime mask is a retail product, not a beautician only. I seriously hope that they have toned it down!

ETA: While I'm in an Eminence frenzy now, let me also say that the wild plum toner is very good. It has some AHAs and refreshes well. I used it as a toner and wasn't all that impressed until I started using it to set my MMU and then I went through two or three bottles of this. Also, there is a red rose cleanser. Again - pure luxury. Luxury that unfortunately stings your eyes if you happen to get any in them (I use cleansers to remove eye makeup). I loved it although it is not suitable for removing heavy makeup, but gave it to my mum after using it for a while because I didn't like the stinging.

Let me see..... Nope, I think I have covered everything that I wanted to cover.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
OK, all the things I have a bit of a lemming for you have not tried Laughing

- rose cleanser
- Ginko Biloba mask
- Rosehip & Maize exfoliating mask
- Sour Cherry Mask
- Eight Greens Phyto Mask
- Sugar Plum revitalizing

we wont even mention the Sundari list...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
ah, OK, you did try the rose cleanser... is it a milk or gel or cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I only have a few minutes and will check EDS later, but a few years ago I tried some of the Eminence products while getting facials at my local dayspa.

I remember that everything smelled/felt DIVINE!!! Especially a mask that had sour cherries in it. The stone crop mask was also wonderful.

Cool And NOW that rose mask is calling my name!!!

This was one of those lines where I never could tell if the products were DOING anything, but I didn't really care because everything felt/smelled so nice.

*** do they still have the lemon cleanser and, if so, I'm wondering if anybody can review it for me? ***

THANKS for the heads up!
Marla

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
The lemon cleanser is still in the product line, but I haven't tried it. I agree with you - most of the masks are a very luxurious experience. I saw similar results with most of them (glow, skin clarity, etc) but nothing very specific or longlasting.

Tiger_tim - it's a milky base. I haven't tried any of the others, sorry.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Sundari? I'm in trouble...I've been checking this line out for a while. Christy Turlington (sp) the supermodel is affiliated with this line (I think I read that). Anyway....cant wait to order.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
time to spend $$
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Wow isn't there a lot of Eminence masks, most of which I want to try!
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
First I am THRILLED to see Eminence appear (only one product listed thus far, I guess they are in the midst of loading them all in). I have been wanting to give this line a go for quite a while since it gets rave reviews..

I'm verklempt (sp?)... I don't know what to say... SO excited.... reaching... for.... the.... Visa...!!!!!

As for Sundari, I checked them out a while back and decided the line was not right for me because they include certain ingredients (propelyne glycol, parabens, dimethicone, etc.) that I have chosen to avoid. But if that isn't a consideration for you, they seem like they might have some nice products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

crushed rose petals in a gel-like base on your skin Smile It's very nice, I think it may have some AHAs in there because it does seem to tingle slightly and clarify the skin. It also has this weird effect on my skin in that it makes it feel slightly numb.

Mabsy,

It is rosehips in this mask? Rosehip seed oil, I noticed, has a slight numbing effect on my skin...Just thought I'd point that out. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, I once received an entire box of free sundari products, and whereas I felt myself very lucky at first, they smelled very strongly and clogged my pores. they wre nothing special in my opinion, but this was about five years ago when they launched, so I'm sure they have duly improved...Or at least I hope so!

I'm excited to check out eminence, though!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Sundari eye products years ago, and was not impressed at all - I belive one was oil for the eyes and the other was an eye cream. IMHO they are fit for a 20+ years old, not for someone in forties. Also, Cristy herself was going to Mario Badescu and getting her facials there and using their products (before she started Sundari), and I have a very low opnion about that line.

HTH,
Lucy.

Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |