Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for new cleanser...pls help?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lonestar
5% products discount

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi...need help pls! Looking for a new cleanser...I have normal/combo skin..sometimes get the occasional pimple and tend to have an oily t-zone and have pores which i would love to minimize if possible..do get blackheads on the nose and am looking for something to take of dirt,make-up (I don't wear makeup everyday..but still when i do...), etc. I like that clean feeling after cleaning my face and would like a one step cleanser...already have a good toner but need a really good pore cleanser! Was using the Caudalie Foaming Cleanser and although it wasn't too bad, I just didn't like the fact that I had to use the Cleansing water to get any left over debris or makeup and then a toner...so..any advice would be so appreciative! thanks in advance!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily/combo skin and have been using Osea Ocean Cleanser and Osea Cleansing Mudd and they both have really helped to balance my skin. I don't find I need to use a toner or anything to remove any excess afterwards, and find that they leave my skin feeling really clean but not overly dry afterwards. The Ocean Lotion definitely removes all of my makeup. The Cleansing Mudd does an amazing job of making more pores look barely noticeable after using it.

Cellcosmet Cream Cleanser aswell is a great cleanser, especially when you're skin is feeling a little drier. As is their Purifying Cleansing Gel used with the Activator Gel.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
i'm using naturderm lavender foaming facial cleanser now and
tried foaming cleansers ages ago and hated them but this is really nice, skin feels clean and not tight at all
i have 7 cleansers n my bathroom and this is the one i use all the time now
hth Smile
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
B Kamins vegetable facial cleanser is a good, simple cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Murad pomegranate cleanser is really nice for combo skin. Removes makeup, doesn't leave a film, smells absolutely wonderful and rinses off clean without leaving your skin too dry or tight.

Peace!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Kate Somerville Purifying Exfoliating Cleanser! Awesome stuff!

It is very concentrated, and little goes a long, long way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
i'm using naturderm lavender foaming facial cleanser now and
tried foaming cleansers ages ago and hated them but this is really nice, skin feels clean and not tight at all
i have 7 cleansers n my bathroom and this is the one i use all the time now
hth Smile

I second the Naturderm Lavender Face Foam--- it's wonderful!! It zaps any redness right out of my face and leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I used to try a new cleanser every month, but now I've been using this one for more than half a year and I still love it!

5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz and cahoot...where do u get your Naturderm products..is there a website? I couldn't find anything...thanks in advance!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
lonestar wrote:
Manslayerliz and cahoot...where do u get your Naturderm products..is there a website? I couldn't find anything...thanks in advance!

Not manslayerliz or cahoot, but you can get it fromwww.greatnewskin.com orwww.goldportbeauty.com. Hope that helps Smile

5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you andaman_gypsy !!!
lonestar
5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Still can't find it! Goldport doesn't sell the lavendar foaming cleanser and the other site doesn't have it available by itself yet...any other websites or places where one can buy this product?? Thanks!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sothys Beauty Cleansing Milk is good.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
greatnewskin.com has the lavendar cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Lonestar, I think we have the same skin type and here's what works for me: DHC cleansing oil to remove makeup followed by PSF Papaya cleansing gel.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
i've been loving dermalogica anti bac cleanser and the rose cold cream from co bigelow to remove makeup
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've got combination/sensitive skin. I just have to have that clean feeling when I use a cleanser too, so I prefer foaming cleansers that rinse away easily. I've tried quite a few, but keep coming back to Shiseido's cleansers - I like both The Skincare Purifying Cleansing Foam and Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
Sothys Beauty Cleansing Milk is good.

I vote for Sothys. And i am using Sothys Normalizing Beauty Milk (Cleanser). It is clean and not dry.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
primavery milk is nice too...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I just love a new organic cleanser I bought at the Health Food Store. It's called HUMPHREYS non-drying CLEANSING GEL. (Witch Hazel and Jasmine, Sensitive Skin Therapy.) It removes makeup and leaves your skin very clean feeling. Costs about $8 in the US. BTW, I have normal-dry skin.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
OBagi Foaming and also their Gentle Cleansers are very good. Cleans w/o stripping, yet it really does clean well. Switched over after using Cetaphil for years after my esthetician swore by how gentle it was. She uses it on all her clients for precleaning prior to their facials. When she first tried it on me, I just loved the smell, went home and ordered it right away. IS CLinical has a good cleanser but it was a bit strong for me, so I gave it to my son.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
lonestar wrote:
Still can't find it! Goldport doesn't sell the lavendar foaming cleanser and the other site doesn't have it available by itself yet...any other websites or places where one can buy this product?? Thanks!

Lonestar, I've been tempted to try this cleanser as well because I'm hooked on EpidermxII! This link will take you to the option to purchase lavendar foaming cleanser only..

http://www.greatnewskin.com/pages/products/facefoamlav.html

$32.95 for 6oz.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is a very gentle and effective cleanser. It removes all traces of makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. I love it during the hotter months!! I think you can get a trial size for $8.00 at Sephora.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
GOW has a lemongrass cleanser that is great for oily/congested skin. Markey also has a new all purpose foaming cleanser that she is in trial runs with right now. Good luck.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
jjb wrote:
I've got combination/sensitive skin. I just have to have that clean feeling when I use a cleanser too, so I prefer foaming cleansers that rinse away easily. I've tried quite a few, but keep coming back to Shiseido's cleansers - I like both The Skincare Purifying Cleansing Foam and Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid.

Yeah, I like Shiseido cleansers, especially in summer.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using IFP's Clarifying Cleanser for a few days and it is great for my acne prone skin. It compliments my whole routine and it just smells so earthy!
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |