Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)
help for nails
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
What is the best thing you've found for ridges on nails? I hate them - right where the ridge is, my nails tend to split. Any good ideas?

Betsy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have ridges also. I haven't been able to find anything to get rid of them. However, my nails have become a lot stronger from taking Biotin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
You should buff the ridges out of your nails. You can get a buffer pretty much anywhere. I buff mine out every couple weeks, and I also buff the tips so they're smooth. They're less likely to break or snag.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you about 'ridges'? I thought every girl had a nail buffer in her pocket. Very Happy I mean, there's no other way to really get rid of them. Your nail has natural ridges.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I found Seacret Nail Care kit to work great for my nails. It comes with a buffing block which turns my nails shiny, and also cuticle oil to run around my fingertips to smooth out cuticles. The nail file also comes in handy. My kit also comes with a really nice body lotion. You can get it on ebay for much cheaper than the mall.
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I have found the best thing....Burts Bees lemon cuticle butter. I have had horrible nails all my life: weak, breakage, cuticles all over the place, and had gotten manicures etc. I also have tried other hand creams, but this lemon butter....wow! It is one of those products the more you use it, the healthier and stronger your nails become. It really made me say wow and now I have them everywhere, like in the purse and by the bed. Really try this stuff, your nails will love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
You should buff the ridges out of your nails. You can get a buffer pretty much anywhere. I buff mine out every couple weeks, and I also buff the tips so they're smooth. They're less likely to break or snag.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you about 'ridges'? I thought every girl had a nail buffer in her pocket. Very Happy I mean, there's no other way to really get rid of them. Your nail has natural ridges.

Yes, I agree about buffing and I do that to get rid of the ones I have. But I seem to have many more, or the ridges are maybe more pronounced in recent years (approaching menopause I guess). I wondered if there is something I can take, like a supplement, that helps to minimize them. I never had to buff as much as I do now.

Thanks,
Betsy
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Betsy,
Are your nail ridges horizontal or vertical?
If they are horizontal, just buy a pot of zinc ointment from the chemist, and apply it sparingly around the base and sides of the nails at night.
The new nails will grow out smooth and ridge-free.
HTH
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I have same problem, too. Sad ugly nails!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I've found that rubbing emu oil into my nails has really strengthened them enormously. Before they used to break and flake constantly, not any more. If its strengthening the nails, think about what it's doing to the skin - got to be beneficial.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
The ridges are hereditary it seems, and buffing IMO only weakens and thins the nails. A ridge filler will smoothe them out. Dr H Neem Nail Oil is a luxury that is nice, but keeping your hands moisturized, esp in the winter is important + drinking lots of water.
MSM 1000 mg + vitC 1000mg daily by mouth will strengthen them dramatically and also help your skin and hair. It fattened up my puny nails!

Sun May 26, 2024 7:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |