Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Diana P wrote:
I have been trying to be so careful not to get the KH products on my eyebrows but it's pretty near impossible not to get it on the lashes when applying the eye cream. My lashes, which used to be so black, are now blond Confused

If you coat your brows and lashes with vaseline prior to your KH application, it will prevent them from being bleached.

Then just carefully wipe it off after your product has been 'fully' absorbed, say 20 or 30 minutes.

Great suggestion, Kassy. If you use lash grow stuff you might want to remember to apply the lash stuff first, let it dry and then the vaseline.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Diana - If you go with the 1000 hr I recommend the blue-black color - it is hands down the favorite here on EDS ...for eyelashes anyway.

I love it and will be using it tomorrow - going to a big all day blues band party at a friends with hunky boyfriend.
P.S. I'll be doing the Fanie accent masque too! Wink
My eyebrows got lighter with KH also Rolling Eyes
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone using a lash growth formula and the KH eye? Tonight, I applied the BeautyLash, waited about 45 minutes and then applied my KH. I got a rush of heat at the lash line and I'm wondering if I'm doing this in the wrong order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was using the eye with my RL and then the Massive - didn't have that happen.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I am using Jan Marini and have not noticed this either. I don't think I apply the KH so close to the lash line maybe.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am using Jan Marini and have not noticed this either. I don't think I apply the KH so close to the lash line maybe.

I didn't notice it with my RL but I think my RL was getting old. I apply a rice size grain of KH to my lids and brows. I was so surprised to feel that rush of heat. Maybe making the Beautylash penetrate deeper?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I didn't notice it with my RL but I think my RL was getting old. I apply a rice size grain of KH to my lids and brows. I was so surprised to feel that rush of heat. Maybe making the Beautylash penetrate deeper?

i bet its making the beatylash penetrate more if you are applying the eyecream on the lash line. i use a lash grower from my dermatologist and the eyecream, haven't had any burning
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I must be a freak...or horrors, my BL is fraudulent and contains some nasty ingredient!! I'm getting myself all worked up here.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
why is brand so popular
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
hahaqj wrote:
why is brand so popular

Because it works! Razz
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
i like you have had a very good response to karin herzog. i have used many brands like decleor, thalgo and natura bisse, to no avail. the only brands that seem to work for me are jan marini and karin herzog. after a couple of days my skin is always balanced, the pores are gone and the texture and radiance is increased.
i like you, will continue to use karin herzog
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say a few words about my experiences with the line. i have used it on and off for 3 years and find my skin benefits from it always. My pores disappear and the texture is smooth and hydrated. the skin needs oxygen to function better and this is the only range that does that.
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I just receive my Toner 12.

2 week ago i stop my silhouette and wait for the toner to come, i want to have to two and see what both will do.

I was very happy with the silhouette one, cannot wait to see what will happen with the two.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
Hello,

2 week ago i stop my silhouette and wait for the toner to come, i want to have to two and see what both will do.

I was very happy with the silhouette one, cannot wait to see what will happen with the two.

I love the Tonus cream. It provides such deep moisturization that lasts and lasts. Good luck to you with the duo, Manon!
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Manon20 wrote:
Hello,

I love the Tonus cream. It provides such deep moisturization that lasts and lasts. Good luck to you with the duo, Manon!

Thank you brenpatsa,

I was so happy with the silhouette i cannot wait to see what will happen with the two combined.

I will post back in a couple of days.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
Manon20 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you brenpatsa,

I was so happy with the silhouette i cannot wait to see what will happen with the two combined.

I will post back in a couple of days.

I'm glad you're happy with the products, Manon. And nice to hear Bren, that you think the Tonus is as moisturizing as I do. Not many people have commented on these products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart, i will have more to come because 4 peoples where i work bought the silhouette because of me Laughing EDS skin care will be very happy.

I received the samples of the scrub and Vita A apricot i will try it tonight.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
I finally received my Karin Herzog items. My question is about the instructions on the Vita Kombi 1. It says not to massage. How does everyone do this? I tried just rubbing it on without moving my fingers in circle. Is this good enough? Or do I have to gently pat it on the skin? Do you only apply it on a completely Using dry face? Also, since it comes with a plastic spatula, how much do you fill this spatula? I found that if I heap it on, then I have too much product. Half is not quite enough.

See the little indent in the spatula? That's about the amount you need and it shouldn't be heaping. Approximate to the size of a pea. I go with a little bigger pea. Using the spatula, I dot it on and then pat it in connecting the dots. Others use a brush and that's probably the easiest way.

ETA that they tell you to apply to a dry face.

Thanks BH. I've been away but appreciate your response. Took me a while to find it. lol This thread is growing fast.

That's interesting about the dotting application. I must try it.

I did not know about applying on dry face. No wonder if I apply after exercise and my face was sweating, the cream looked runny.

Does the Vita Kombi 1 help with brown spots?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hello jf - I use the eye cream and I don't think one of the main indications for it is actual lifting. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen Laughing P.

My perspective on the eye cream is that it brightens and clarifies and smooths. I did a long experiment using the KH cream vs others (all high end) and the Kh definitely came ahead in those areas.

The professional cleanser is one of my favorites. I love it. Use it every night - kind of a treat really. I look forward to it. If you don't have the essentail mask I recommend this also. It's a lovely product.

Does the eye cream help with fine lines and wrinkles?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
Ok i'm too lazy to scroll back through the 79 pages of this thread Surprised ...(too bad you can't search for a keyword within a thread) anyways, how does everyone like the KH eye cream? So far (about 1 week) its ok. I think I need something that gives me more upper eyelid lift.

I got great lifting results with L'Oreal Revitalift eye cream. You might want to try. It's only about $17. I used the entire jar and now have to get another.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
jf wrote:
Ok i'm too lazy to scroll back through the 79 pages of this thread Surprised ...(too bad you can't search for a keyword within a thread) anyways, how does everyone like the KH eye cream? So far (about 1 week) its ok. I think I need something that gives me more upper eyelid lift.

I got great lifting results with L'Oreal Revitalift eye cream. You might want to try. It's only about $17. I used the entire jar and now have to get another.

I forgot to add that it was for the upper eyelid lift. For undereye fine lines and wrinkles, it doesn't help that much at all.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hello jf - I use the eye cream and I don't think one of the main indications for it is actual lifting. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen Laughing P.

My perspective on the eye cream is that it brightens and clarifies and smooths. I did a long experiment using the KH cream vs others (all high end) and the Kh definitely came ahead in those areas.

The professional cleanser is one of my favorites. I love it. Use it every night - kind of a treat really. I look forward to it. If you don't have the essentail mask I recommend this also. It's a lovely product.

Don't mean to interupt this conversation but just thought I'd report that I've found that the KH Vitamin H cream topped with the KH Vita Kombi oil has helped plump-up the fine lines under my eyes a great deal! Razz
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I found it smoothed the area around the skin very nicely. Had a brighter, more toned appearance - my favorite eye cream ever.
shibagirl

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Good Morning! I am new to this board but was reading some of your reviews and wanted to ask a few questions.

I am interested in trying Karin Herzog products but I am so confused as to what to use. My skin is dehydrated and oily. I am very dry around my nose and mouth but that could be from treating the acne there. I am oily by the end of the day.

does anyone have any advice on what products to use?
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, Shibagirl. KH can be very good for combination skin; it has entirely eradicated my t-zone, and there are a couple of KH products that can be combined to avoid dryness whilst also fighting acne.

Although KH has been mainly wonderful for me (except for my chin!), what I would advise any new KH user is the same advice I received - get samples. I would also advise any new EDS member that just because a thread is very long does not necessarily mean it's the best product. There is a wealth of wisdom on this forum but it is easy to get carried away and spend a lot of money. Carry on doing your research for what is best for your skin, and invest in samples first whenever possible.

But to try and answer your question: Oxygen Face is known to be good for acne, but I found it drying on my more mature skin (though others have put it over the VK-Oil or Vit H to combat the dryness). My own regimen is Professional Cleansing, Vita-Kombi-1, Vita-Kombi-Oil and Vit H Cream with the Essential Mask as an occasional treatment. I occasionally have a few days off and use Retin-A. But we're all different, so I would suggest you email JoElla with a detailed list of your skin type and desired outcomes, buy one or two products that she suggests and ask for a few samples.

Good luck if you decide to take the plunge - I think it's a wonderful line and I've been delighted with my results.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |