Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, I have ordered the Rose Face Cream because I wanted to take advantage of the 20% discount. I'm still not sure how or where I'll fit it in but I'll eventually figure out a place for it in my routine. It sounds like a beautiful cream and I couldn't resist purchasing it.

I've restarted the KH program. I missed the clarity of my skin when I'm on this routine. Since my skin is so senstive I do get a little irritation but nothing major if I presently keep to 1% hydgrogen peroxide and every several days skip the KH and use another moisturizer. Hopefully, over time the sensitivities will decrease and I'll be able to use it on a full time basis. Well, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Please wish me luck. I really do like KH and want to keep on using it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leelee,
You'll have to let us know how you do with the new cream. It looks like you're the first so I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts. Are you using every other day? Have you tried using a moisturizer lightly on top of your oxygen product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bluesheart!!
I haven't received the Rose Cream yet since I only ordered it on Saturday. I'm anxiously awaiting it and I'll be sure to let you know what it's like.

Right now I am using a moisturizer on top of the VK1 but I only have to use it sparingly on certain areas of my face that are drier. However, I feel that this is an indication that the KH products are slowly balancing my skin. Previously, my face was much drier after using the VK1 and I had to use a moisturizer all over. The dryness seems to be improving. I'm also using KH approximatley 3 or 4 days in a row and then taking a day off. Again, I used to have to take a day off every other day, so another improvement with my skin.

I think for people like myself with extremely sensitve skin the key is to go really slowly rather than just give up on them. I don't want to abandon KH. When I'm wearing her product I notice a clarity and glow to my skin that I don't achieve with other products.

Anyways, I'll keep you updated on my progress. Thank's for all of your help and support.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi Bluesheart!!
I haven't received the Rose Cream yet since I only ordered it on Saturday. I'm anxiously awaiting it and I'll be sure to let you know what it's like.

Right now I am using a moisturizer on top of the VK1 but I only have to use it sparingly on certain areas of my face that are drier. However, I feel that this is an indication that the KH products are slowly balancing my skin. Previously, my face was much drier after using the VK1 and I had to use a moisturizer all over. The dryness seems to be improving. I'm also using KH approximatley 3 or 4 days in a row and then taking a day off. Again, I used to have to take a day off every other day, so another improvement with my skin.

I think for people like myself with extremely sensitve skin the key is to go really slowly rather than just give up on them. I don't want to abandon KH. When I'm wearing her product I notice a clarity and glow to my skin that I don't achieve with other products.

Anyways, I'll keep you updated on my progress. Thank's for all of your help and support.

Can't wait Leelee! It does sound like you're becoming accustomed to the oxygen which is good news. And I agree with you, going slow seems the best way to proceed. The dryness is to be expected so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
bluesheart, Do you think it's OK to substitute Vita-A-Apricot cream and Oil for the Vita-Kombi cream and Oil in this Oxygen Facial technique? (I have normal skin but don't care to dry it out so much.)
Thanks for your excellent help! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie,
Honestly, I don't think it will matter all that much since you're not using this combination daily, right? I use the VK2 and VK oil and while I had some initial dryness, I quickly adjusted. I think Cookie used the VitaApricot cream. My suspicion is that many of the people who experienced dryness didn't have the patience to wait out the adjustment process. Do let us know how it turns out, please. With that said, some people should probably just stick with the VK1 so I think you'd do just fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bluesheart for answering all my questions so patiently! No, I won't do this facial every day. In fact, I am still waiting for the O2 cream and the mask and the oil to arrive so I can start!

Lovelovelove the Vita-A-Apricot, the Mild Scrub and the Professional Cleanser. It took a while to judge how much Cleanser to use and how to remove it, but now I really love it! So gentle. Going into fall here in IL, I need more moisture.

I have noticed that the fuzz on my face and my eyebrows are lightening a lot - which doesn't rly concern me as I have light hair. Great stuff! Thanks for letting us know about it!!
LOVE

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Thanks Bluesheart for answering all my questions so patiently! No, I won't do this facial every day. In fact, I am still waiting for the O2 cream and the mask and the oil to arrive so I can start!

Lovelovelove the Vita-A-Apricot, the Mild Scrub and the Professional Cleanser. It took a while to judge how much Cleanser to use and how to remove it, but now I really love it! So gentle. Going into fall here in IL, I need more oisture.

I have noticed that the fuzz on my face and my eyebrows are lightening a lot - which doesn't rly concern me as I have light hair. Great stuff! Thanks for letting us know about it!!
LOVE

Fawnie, I'm in Indiana and the winters can be drying. Just wipe your brows after applying your oxygen products and you should be ok.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I have been looking for a new skincare line, specifically one that uses oxygen. I want something to address oiliness, congestion, and aging.

I haven't tried any KH products yet, but am researching my little heart out. I'm wondering what other products people are using with KH and what seems to be the most compatible? I currently use vitamin C serums in the morning from SkinCeuticals, but I've been planning to switch to ISC Super Serum in the a.m. and Active Serum in the p.m. Is anyone using these serums with KH? Or is there any reason I shouldn't? Confused
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Hi Ladies! Sorry I have been away for so long but real life got very demanding on my time. I wanted to pop in and give a quick update on what I am still using.

Oxygen Face- Still love this, I really think that this was responsible for healing my face up as well as shrinking up some bigger pores around my nose and cheeks. It has endless uses and ALWAYS makes my skin look fresh when I use it. I cant leave it on for an extended time cause I get greasy so fast here in TX, but using it as a 10 min. mask every day or every other has really been key in keeping my face clear. Will repurchase.

Essential mask- Sadly I my face became sensitive to the EO's in this and I ended up raw after using it so I had to shelf it. Will not repurchase.

Vita K 2- I had a bad reaction to this after a several weeks too, even if I used it as a mask my skin felt raw and sensitive after using. Would not repurchase.

Eye Cream- Still love this as well, takes about ten mins to really sink in but there is such a brightening/tightening/moisturizing of my eye area that the wait is well worth it. Makes an excellent lip treatment too. Would repurchase.

Face scrub- Love this mild scrub, not too rough or too light. Expensive but worth it for those who are scrub picky. Will repurchase.

Fruit Acids- For me this was very average. No other comments really. Would not repurchase.

Silhouette- Still haven't used this for the reason I bought it but it does a great job of healing up little body rashes/bites/cuts. Cant say if I would repurchase but will update later.

Chocolate cleansing- Not for me. Smells great tho. Would not repurchase.

Milk cleanser- Nice but I want a multitasker cleanser and this just didn't do the job of removing my MU. Would not repurchase.

All in all I think that this line is very good and worth the money if the products work for your skin. I would recommend starting with samples first and go from there.

I also have 3/4 of the Vita K 2 and a full Chocolate Cleanser if any one is interested please PM me, I really don't want to just throw them out.

Hi Vonstella,

Do you still have your Vita K2 & choc cleanser? I'd be interested. Sorry, I know you said to PM, but I don't know how to do it (hanging head in shame)...
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
hi bluesheart and all KH experts all there, please give me your opinion on how i should introduce the oxygen face cream into my routine.

Presently, I have a simple routine of differin followed by sothys hydrating serum and light hydrating cream at night. For the day, i use on oil control gel followed by the sothys hydrating cream.

After reading this thread, I know i should stop the differin for about 5 days before trying the KH oxygen cream. I plan to use the FC at night for a week before moving on to 2x daily. While using the FC, should i still continue laying with the sothys hydrating serum and light hydrating cream?

I have oil but extremely dehydrated skin.

thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Oops forgot to ask. Is anyone here using the clarisonic as well? i don't think the clarisonic goes with the prof cream (please correct me if i'm wrong). that being said, how do you girls incorporate the clarisonic into KH routine?

thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
. Sorry, I know you said to PM, but I don't know how to do it (hanging head in shame)...

Jeanni, on the left of the page, underneath the user name is a spot that says "pm". Just click on that icon. That is how to PM someone. HTH! Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi vonstella & welcome back - I am just getting to know KH products so appreciate your excellent reviews....the eye cream sounds like something I need now.

Hi Jeanni, I too am using SkinCeuticals C+E ferulic serum in the a.m. under my Apricot Oil and Vita-A-Apricot cream, followed by Devita Solar 30. If I am wearing foundation, I use Guerlain L'or primer over the Devita, then liquid foundation. But the more I use these KH products, the more days I go "commando" (without foundation, I mean!!!) I think my skin looks better without it.
Once I use up all my SkinCeuticals serums and Devita, I would like to just stick with KH, since the Vita-A-Apricot cream contains Vit C and E already, and KH makes a sunscreen that sounds nice. Eventually I'd love to simplify everything and use just a few good products instead of the cafeteria approach! (some of this some of that...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
It such a great review. Thank you very much, I had a sample from this product in my cubbord. I will start to test it.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone here who recommended JoElla.She's wonderful to work with and was extremely patient. How patient? I emailed her over 2 months ago asking about the products and her advise. Due to the havoc on the stock market, I was busy and let the entire thing slide. After over a month or so, I emailed her again, fretting over which product to buy again and finally made a purchase. Yes... i'm not a very decisive person... Throughout the entire process, she was a dear and extremely reponsive. I live in Asia and will get a reply from her within 24 hours.

Despite EDS having a 20% off, I decided to go with JoElla just cos she has been super nice. When my package arrived today, I was pleasantly surprised to see several additional stuff

1) 2 packets of VC1% samples and 2 packets of additional sweet (??)
2) a little booklet on KH products
3) a short printed info on the more popular KH products

It's been a wonderful experience and I'm crossing my fingers that KH will work for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I did take up the EDS 20% off to order the pink clarisonic and am a happy happy girl as BOTH packages arrived on the same day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

someone please tell me if the KH prof cleanser can be used with the clarisonic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know about the Clarisonic being used with the Professional Cleansing Cream also. From the threads, it sounds like the Cleansing Milk would be more conducive to being used with the Clarisonic. I was going to order both cleansers and use the Milk in the a.m. with Clarisonic (after I buy one, lol!) and the Cleansing Creme in the p.m.

Also, does anyone know if the Vita A Kombi Facial Oil works for people who get clogged, congested pores easily? I typically have oily skin, but it also gets dehydrated very easily. Right now I'm really dry, but producing lots of oil...so flaky and shiny...not so cute Crying or Very sad

I was wondering if I could use the Facial Oil when I'm dry and during the Oxygen Facial, but not break out...what do you all think?
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
I did take up the EDS 20% off to order the pink clarisonic and am a happy happy girl as BOTH packages arrived on the same day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

someone please tell me if the KH prof cleanser can be used with the clarisonic.

snowstar, how'd you get 20% off your Clarisonic? I looked at it and it was regular price...and there wasn't anything in the Specials. Maybe I was too late and I've missed it Confused
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:

snowstar, how'd you get 20% off your Clarisonic? I looked at it and it was regular price...and there wasn't anything in the Specials. Maybe I was too late and I've missed it Confused

Hi Jeanni,

I ordered it on 12th oct. EDS was celebrating their 25 anniversary and had a 20% discount code.

Do try looking for offers on Ebay, I've seen some going for ~$130 usd with free shipping within North America.

I live in Asia and most Ebay sellers will charge an arm and a leg for international shipping. Hence EDS was the choice to go. Despite EDS helping out with the shipping cost, i still had to fork out $20 cad as the pro set weights over 1kg.

Good luck! I'm waiting for it to charge - 24 hours feels so long!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks snowstar, for the info. Too bad I missed it! Oh, well...anyhow, let me know how it goes if you try your Clarisonic with the KH Professional Cleansing Cream. I just made an order and actually got both types of cleansers...can't wait to try everything out! Good luck with the Clarisonic!! Very Happy
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a clarisonic but I do use the cleansing cream and it's pretty thick. I don't know how easy it would be to clean the clarisonic. Also I think the idea behind the cleansing cream is the massaging of it into the skin and in the process pulling out the gunk in the pores. If you use the clairsonic you are not going to get that pulling effect.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jeanni, which color did you order? Razz

I'm not sure if i'm losing my mind. I *think* KH is making a differece! My skin was pretty smooth to start out with and I was wondering if I would get any effect. After just using it by itself 1x at night, followed by sothys moisture serum and cream in the morning, I can feel a difference! My skin feels more tender and delicate to the touch, it reminds me of my niece's skin! Well, definitely not as good as hers but it's going in that direction!

I can't wait to continue this for a week and see the results. My skin is generally pretty non reactive to most items and takes a good couple of months before there is any effect. I hope i'm not dreaming!

Crossing my fingers and planning on how to incorporate my differin back in now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, I forgot to add that I tested the clarisonic on the SO. I think i've gotten such amazing 1 day effect/result from the oxygen face cream that I want to use it ALONE - to ensure that the face cream is what's making a difference. So no clarisonic for me until about 1 to 2 weeks later.

On the SO, i can tell you it is AMAZING. He was dissapointed initially when i used it on him. " huh? it's barely doing anything ". I persisted but cheated and did 2 cycles on him instead. Then he went off to shower and hollered to me that it makes a HUGE difference! even better than when i catch hold on him and use dermalogica daily microexfoliant! His skin is NOT baby soft and smooth and never will be, BUT there was a very noticeable difference!

So far, this month's skincare items are proving to be money well spent!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi snowstar! I didn't order the Clarisonic...just the KH products (the whole darn line!). I'm waiting to find a deal on the Clarisonic. Wish me luck on KH - my credit card is pretty upset...but as long as my skin's happy, I don't care! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |