Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 am      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx wrote:
Lightstim is coming to UK QVC in June/July of this year. Cool

That is great news, do you have any info online, i can look at?

Thanks

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I rang Lightstim and asked Steve about UK distributors for the Lightstim Serum as the cost of buying from them direct was really expensive with shipping and customs charges.

He told me that QVC UK will be airing it around June/July of this year.

I'm guessing it will be a TSV but as I already have 2 Lightstims I'm only really going to be interested in buying the serum.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
This is an email I got today!!

LightStim for Wrinkles is
QVC's Today's Special Value®!

Now is the time to buy LightStim for Wrinkles for an amazingly low price! QVC is sure to offer an exceptional value for the 24 hour "TSV" and we wanted you to be the first to hear about it!

Today's Special Value (TSV).
Every day since 1987, QVC has offered one item at an exceptionally low price good from that day until 11:59 p.m. ET. That's Today's Special Value®. Tune in on Friday, January 25th, to find out QVC's special value price!

FDA Clearance and Exclusive New Handle.
LightStim for Wrinkles is the only light-based, at-home device with OTC FDA clearance to treat wrinkles on the entire face. Get the 2013 model with a redesigned handle exclusively available from QVC. Based on customer feedback, this new handle is sleeker, sexier, and even more comfortable to use than before.

Joniann Live, On the Phone, and Online.
Joniann will be live on QVC beginning at midnight and throughout Friday! We invite you to call in during the live segments to share your LightStim experience. Read Joniann's blog on QVC.com. Learn about the latest breakthroughs in LED light therapy and why Joniann is so passionate about bringing affordable, effective and natural beauty solutions to all of you at home.

24 hours. Friday, January 25th.
Whether purchasing your first Light, a second Light to cut your treatment time in half, or a gift, now is the time to buy LightStim for Wrinkles from QVC. You'll never get a better price!

Sincerely,

LightStim

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 am      Reply with quote
http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=A229878&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151

PQ

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 am      Reply with quote
The LightStim for Wrinkles is $179 as Tuesday's showstopper on TSC also: http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/LightStim/Facial-Tools/LightStim-for-Wrinkles-LED-Light-Device-for-Full-Face/pages/productdetails?nav=R:434166
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I got an email from Lightstim that they will be featured tomorrow(Thursday Feb.7th on "Good Morning America". Now the mystery is what is new with Lightstim that they are getting this coverage. I tried to find out and couldn't, so I plan to tune it and see! Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I'm seriously considering purchasing this for my 33 year old skin for mostly ageing prevention. I'd like to see if it could help my prematurely hollowed tear troughs! Could people in my age group share how this has helped them?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just received the Lightstim and have used it for the first time.

I have a couple of questions regarding using it on the neck and around the eyes.

I have read where a lot of you use it on the neck area yet I read somewhere that you shouldn't use it near your thyroid.

Has it been determined to be safe for the neck area?

Also, when placing the Lightstim on the side of my eyes, should I not have any of the light coming into my eye? Do most of you wear the googles or close your eye at that time?

...just want to be safe.

I've also read where some of you are using more than the 3 minutes on an area per day. Some may use twice a day. Yet I've read where Steve says that using more than 3 minutes per day won't produce more results and that 3 minutes is all you need.

I think I will just use once a day for 3 minutes but if y'all have heard that using more really works then perhaps some days I'll use twice if I have more time.

The Lightstim I purchased was new from Ebay and I got it for 91.00. I had just bought the 84.00 mini Lightstim from the GMA promo but hadn't received it yet. I think I'll return it and just keep the bigger one.

Thanks for the info and I'm enjoying reading everyone's results and suggestions. It's been very helpful.
diddlydudette

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone here order the Lightstim Mini and receive it? I ordered back on Feb.8, but never received a confirmation email or the product, yet the 84.50 was charged right away.

I've emailed them a couple of times this week but hadn't received a reply.

I'll have to call today and see what's up.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a gently used full-sized Lightstim for $129 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Stim-for-Wrinkles-LED-Infrared-Anti-Aging-Treatment-Therapy-/230936947383?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item35c4ea2ab7

I'm going to get one, but I can't afford it until June. I was thinking about getting the mini, but I really want the full-sized one. I saw a new one on ebay for $189 - no serum but that's fine with me!

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a full size Lightstim on Ebay for 125.00 brand new. I'm liking it but have only had it a couple of weeks so I hadn't noticed any results.

I just received my mini Lightstim last week and have it listed on Ebay. If it doesn't sell, I'll just return it for a full refund.

I like my full size better but I can see where the mini would come in handy also...especially the neck and forehead and nose....Oh heck, maybe I'll just keep it too. lol

Anyway if anyone that doesn't have an Iphone and no access to the Lightstim app, I made my own timer. It's online and goes off every 3 minutes. Every 3 minutes it sounds an alarm and then continues for 3 more minutes until you turn it off. I can make one also to go off every 2 minutes if interested.

Here's a link to it. You could pull up the link on your phone or computer. oops..evidently I'm too new to the forums and not allowed to post a link.

It's for those that only have computers or android phones.

I have the link if you want to pm me.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to share you you'all that I think lightstim is really helping me tolorate the obaji system. I started 6 weeks ago. I have used obaji in the past and have never been able to do the neck and chest daily. This time I use the lightstim and I can do obaji daily to these areas!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Two months ago I was given the LightStim Mini for free, in exchange for my honest review. I've used it once or twice a week since then, and ONLY on a clean/dry skin. When my treatment was over, I then applied my nourishing serum/lotion, and if time permitted, I would do a quick dermaroll for product penetration only.

- It is a carbon copy of the full size LED in feel, look and warmth/heat generated.
- The treatment head is 2 + 1/4", versus 3" for the full size device
- The LED's are the same diameter in both units, and the wavelengths are the same; (605nm, 630nm, 660nm + 855nm.)
- Treatment modality is the same, 3 minutes per spot.
- In comparing it in size with a friends BQ the treatment head of the LS is bigger, with many more diodes. (BQ has 25, LS has 36)

PRO's

- The device is a perfect fit for treatment around the eyes, nose, chin and neck.
- Because it fits so well around the entire eye area, I believe my treatments were more effective, because this area is just looking a bit more refreshed, healthy and a tiny bit firmer. With that said, I still have mild crows feet, but they don't look as noticeable.
- It's the perfect size for travel.
- The 9 volt power plug is excellent quality.

CON's

- I wish it came with a pouch, for storage + travel
- If I "only" use the mini, and wanted to treat my face, neck, chest and hands, it would take me probably 2 hours. Shock
- I wish the diodes were just a little more recessed, so when it's pressed around bony areas, the light wouldn't escape.. (This is my complaint for all the LS devices. It's only around the bony areas, where you can't press it much.)

DO I RECOMMEND THE MINI

- I can whole heartedly recommend it as a high quality device, that is extremely safe and effective to use, just like the other LS devices I've used and enjoyed for the past 6 years.
- If you are reading this and don't own any other LED yet and can only justify purchasing one, then I would encourage anyone to get the full size, simply because the treatments will take half the time. (An hour for me, treating face, neck, chest + hands.)
- If you are simply interested in spot treatments (i.e. eyes, around mouth, neck), then the LS Mini would be absolutely perfect for that.
- If you are looking for a great traveling unit, this mini is perfect. (Just wish it had a pouch for storage, but I'm sure I'll find something suitable.)

NOTES

- LightStim's instruction remains the same and suggests 5 time a week treatments. I whole heartedly disagree with this, and my feelings on the "why's" are in this thread. To each their own of course, but 2 or 3 times per week (at most), is how I realized my best results.

- As for treating the skin prior to treatment I stand firm (with good reason), on the protocol I've been using for close to 6 years;

1. Clean and gently exfoliate skin
2. Drink a glass of water
3. Do a quick manual lymphatic massage to get rid of the toxic fluid in the tissues (good practice for MC and other devices as well!)
4. Steam/hot towel to open pores and ready the skin and make it receptive to treatment
5. Have at it for 3 minutes per spot (more is not better!) I work from the forehead down, which further encourages lymphatic drainage.
6. Apply nourishing serums/lotions/oils afterwards. I use only the actives that will nourish my skin cells, promote skin renewal + fight free radicals... DIY formulations can't be beat in this regard.

I can't think of anything else to add, but I'm happy to answer questions if you have any...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
saro

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Two months ago I was given the LightStim Mini for free, in exchange for my honest review. I've used it once or twice a week since then, and ONLY on a clean/dry skin. When my treatment was over, I then applied my nourishing serum/lotion, and if time permitted, I would do a quick dermaroll for product penetration only.

I can't think of anything else to add, but I'm happy to answer questions if you have any...

Dear Kassy
I have been reading these forums for about a year and have found your contributions incredibly interesting and helpful.

I was interested in the LightStim and so happy to see you had just posted on it!

Thanks for your updated thoughts.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand Lightstim's logic in bringing out a mini device. I, for one, would really appreciate an affordable panel device that treat's the face in one hit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I dont think its an " either / or" situation.. the mini sounds great for around the eyes, a panel sounds great for a comprehensive treatment when you have time to sit in front of it!

Yes its true. I want it all!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
saro wrote:

Dear Kassy
I have been reading these forums for about a year and have found your contributions incredibly interesting and helpful.

I was interested in the LightStim and so happy to see you had just posted on it!

Thanks for your updated thoughts.

Thanks for the kind words 'saro', I'm happy to help.

Don't be a stranger Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I don't understand Lightstim's logic in bringing out a mini device. I, for one, would really appreciate an affordable panel device that treat's the face in one hit.

They've had "panel" devices all along... They're spa/pro units though, and have a pretty hefty price tag as I recall. Look's plenty small enough for home use though.. Smile

http://www.lightstim.com/light-therapy-professional-products.html

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu wrote:

They've had "panel" devices all along... They're spa/pro units though, and have a pretty hefty price tag as I recall. Look's plenty small enough for home use though.. Smile

http://www.lightstim.com/light-therapy-professional-products.html

Yes, I've seen those and, yes, they're way too expensive for me.

I'm hoping for something along the lines of the DPL which is priced around $300.00.

In relation to Catski's comments about treating the eyes - it's easy to just hold the "standard" Lightstim directly over the eye and treat the area in just 3 mins. I believe that this is perfectly safe to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
The standard lightstim is fine under the eyes. It sounds like the mini is geared for a travel situation with limited space for packing. From what I read of Kassy's review- If you can only get one I'd get the full-size. It's packable too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I definitely agree Sis, if someone just wants one, the full size is the way to go..

The mini does fit perfectly though, around the eyes + nose. I do like it for that, and I will definitely take it with me when I'm gallivanting. I didn't always take the full size one, but this one will be a no brainer.

Keliu, don't you have Nanci's panel device?

ETA: LED's are in use to treat macular degeneration, so that makes me feel comfortable using it in the eye area. Of course I keep my eye closed, but I put that sucker right over the entire eye. (Not telling folks to follow suit, just sharing what I've done all these years.)

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
ETA: LED's are in use to treat macular degeneration, so that makes me feel comfortable using it in the eye area. Of course I keep my eye closed, but I put that sucker right over the entire eye. (Not telling folks to follow suit, just sharing what I've done all these years.)

We did have someone here who was studying ophthalmology and she said LEDs were good for the eye - I think they have really helped with my dry eye situation because I no longer need to put in the drops everyday.

Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu, don't you have Nanci's panel device?

I do - but I would much prefer the anti-aging amber LEDs which are in the Lightstim.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
...I would much prefer the anti-aging amber LEDs which are in the Lightstim.

This is me.

I have the Sirius Aurora and I've been pleased with it, but that amber light in the AALS is tempting. I want to give the Aurora to my daughter and upgrade to something else. Been looking back and forth between the Lightstim and the Quasar MD Plus ... keep changing my mind! Laughing
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have a lightly used Lightstim for sale. If anyone is interested please pm me. I also have a Quasar & really don't need both. Need to lighten the toolbox!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

We did have someone here who was studying ophthalmology and she said LEDs were good for the eye - I think they have really helped with my dry eye situation because I no longer need to put in the drops everyday.

This is interesting - I'm trialing some contacts right now and it seems my eyes are too dry for them. I wonder if my AALS would help??

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |