Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
dm26 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Dm26, I can't tell you about the MD Forte sunscreen, as I have never used it! Sorry.

red head, so you mean that after a while on maintenance you started getting red, or did you start a new full cycle and then get red? I honestly would not add anything right now until you figure out what is causing the redness all of a sudden. Have you been in the sun more than usual or anything out of the ordinary, trying new products, etc?

rileygirl,
i actually plan to take a break from obagi, maybe for a week. after this break i plan to use md forte in the morning and continue with my clear, blender and tretinoin at night. any advice on this? do md forte products cause any kind of initial irritation?

dm26, I suggest you take a break from Obagi for a week. It looks like you are having the same reaction I had. About a week into Obagi of using it daily I started getting red like a tomato and continued to be red for the entire 7 days during which I stopped Obagi. Stopping it the second week didn't really affect the end result after my 18 week program.

I stopped for 1 week to let my skin calm down and the redness subside, and for that week I went back to my moisturizer to help calm the inflamation. After the week was over, I altered the recommended dose. I used less than the recommended gram in clear and blender and only used retin-a every other day or every 2 days. I was still getting the same peeling effect as everyone else on the regimen. I also upped to the full gram of clear when my face didn't feel hot or look red. By the 4th-5th week, I had no problems using all the products in the amounts recommended, however I found that the amount was still too much and didn't need that much for my face. I also added a week to the program because of that 1 week I stopped initially. I still had great results! On the plus side, I was using the travel size and still didn't finish the whole bottle so...go figure!

For me, I think the culprit was an initial allergic reaction to the HQ, if not, then it was the daily use of retin-a that was too strong for me because it was the first time I ever used a retinol product. Whatever the case may be for you, best thing to do is stop it until your face is better and then start slow. You'll figure out which is causing the most redness when you do the blender&retin-a combo every other day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Great article, Bethany. Thanks for posting. I have always loved Dr. Obagi's professional line and I am quite pleased with the ZO line thus far!

I think I'm going to have to give it a shot myself. Bushy gave some rave reviews on the Product Reviews forum for 2 products, I think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
My reaction is done and over now that I have stopped using the Exforderm I ordered the Daily Defense Serum and the night moisterizer from the ZO line. This will give the cell renewal during the day and some moisture at night. I have had no problems using everything except the Exforderm. I was not starting a new course just the product was just to much for my skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Iam sooo excited my products arrived today can't wait to use them. Daily Power Defense and Overnight Recovery Cream Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
That is exciting, red head. Please update after you have used the products for a while, especially the Daily Power Defense (which I am most interested in!) Very Happy
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
dm26, I suggest you take a break from Obagi for a week. It looks like you are having the same reaction I had. About a week into Obagi of using it daily I started getting red like a tomato and continued to be red for the entire 7 days during which I stopped Obagi. Stopping it the second week didn't really affect the end result after my 18 week program.

I stopped for 1 week to let my skin calm down and the redness subside, and for that week I went back to my moisturizer to help calm the inflamation. After the week was over, I altered the recommended dose. I used less than the recommended gram in clear and blender and only used retin-a every other day or every 2 days. I was still getting the same peeling effect as everyone else on the regimen. I also upped to the full gram of clear when my face didn't feel hot or look red. By the 4th-5th week, I had no problems using all the products in the amounts recommended, however I found that the amount was still too much and didn't need that much for my face. I also added a week to the program because of that 1 week I stopped initially. I still had great results! On the plus side, I was using the travel size and still didn't finish the whole bottle so...go figure!

For me, I think the culprit was an initial allergic reaction to the HQ, if not, then it was the daily use of retin-a that was too strong for me because it was the first time I ever used a retinol product. Whatever the case may be for you, best thing to do is stop it until your face is better and then start slow. You'll figure out which is causing the most redness when you do the blender&retin-a combo every other day.[/quote]

hi Kareberry, thanks for the advice, but my reaction was a little different from yours. you experienced your redness etc at the beginning of the program and this is quite normal. however, i began experiencing extreme redness in my third month of using the products. i have stopped all obagi products now with the exception of retin-a, which i still use every night. my redness has subsided a great deal, but certain areas of my face still tend to act up on occasion. i guess as time passes this will eventually go away. i hope it does.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That is exciting, red head. Please update after you have used the products for a while, especially the Daily Power Defense (which I am most interested in!) Very Happy

rileygirl, how are the Zo products working out for you??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi, dm26. I really am liking the ZO products. They seem to be working well for my skin, and I am liking how my skin looks. I have only used them for a few weeks, so I'll post more when I have used them for 6+ weeks.

Glad to hear your skin is doing better! Did you ever get help from someone in person?
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, dm26. I really am liking the ZO products. They seem to be working well for my skin, and I am liking how my skin looks. I have only used them for a few weeks, so I'll post more when I have used them for 6+ weeks.

Glad to hear your skin is doing better! Did you ever get help from someone in person?

thanks rileygirl. i did have an appointment with my aesthetician. but i had stopped using obagi before that so when i went to see her my face had already calmed down alot. she seemed to think i did really well on obagi when she saw me.
anyway, i did 12 weeks and she told me that i could use the clear only 3 times a week now. she also told me that i could stop the blender and just continue with the retin-a. i don't need to use the exfoderm anymore. so that's my program now.
are you using the radical night repair cream from Zo also, rileygirl?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Iam starting the Overnight Recovery Cream tonight and the Daily Power Defense in the am so I will keep everyone posted. Iam only using the Clear 3 times per week now exforderm at all

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
dm26, I am alternating Retin A with the radical night repair. That is great news on your skin. It really sounds like the Nu Derm was great for you!

Good luck, red head. Keep us posted!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
ok call me crazy!!! At lunch I just could not wait so I splashed water on my face to get my face clear. So I decided do put the Daily Power Defense on. It sinks right in and I can feel that I may have to start out every 3rd or every other day with this. I feel a slight tingle but not burning sensation. So I will skip Tues and use it on Wed but the Cream is a go for tonight. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
dm26, I am alternating Retin A with the radical night repair. That is great news on your skin. It really sounds like the Nu Derm was great for you!

Good luck, red head. Keep us posted!

really rileygirl! that's exactly what i would like to do, but was wondering if it would be too much for my skin. i was thinking to use the retin-a every other night and the radical night repair cream on the nights i'm not using the retin-a.
how is the radical night repair? did it cause any irritation or redness??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
dm26, the radical night cream gives me a very slight burning/tingling upon application, and I have been flaking a little above my upper lip. This is most unusual for me, as I don't flake with the Retin A anymore! I definitely think this is a very good product and more powerful than I thought it would be. I am very pleased with it thus far!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Since I am taking a complete break for 302 for a bit, and I can't use any of the Remergent products Mad , I am going to try some things from this line and will keep everyone posted.

I'll do a formal review after I have used them for a longer period time, but here my initial thoughts on 2 products that I used today:

Offects Exfoliating Polish - This has a very nice, invigorating scent, but it is very low key and dissipates quickly...very beneficial when you have fragrance allergies like me. It is in a jar with a screw off top, and it didn't take much at all to do my face, neck, chest and hands, which means a container should last quite some time if you use it judiciously. My skin was a bit dry after using it, however.

Interestingly, it has more actives than I anticipated for a scrub: Vitamin A, Vitamin C & C Esters, and Vitamin E. You use it once or twice a week and leave on for 1-2 mins. I could see people with rhino flesh using this daily, but I wouldn't recommend it at this price point ($75), nor do I think there is a need.

Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme - This is a very lightweight day cream that has a number of actives like sodium hyaluronate (the non acid version of hyaluronic acid), Retinol, photosomes (reduces the appearance of discolorations and inflammation), and additional stuff to calm skin. We ALL know how I feel about inflammation Very Happy contributing to aging skin, so I like that this is an important component in this line.

This cream is very lightweight and has minimal scent (yeah!!)...it absorbed super quickly, and even a couple of hours later I still feel like I have a slightly matt finish to my skin. I do still feel a little dry, but I am hoping that the ingredients will help my skin start holding moisture a little better, and that will hopefully change in the next few days.

BTW, the cream comes in a pump format that I have not seen before...after you take the lid off, there is a HUGE round circle that covers the entire top of the product. You press down anywhere on the circle, and the product squirts out in the middle...very sanitary, and perfect for anyone with reduced vision or arthritic fingers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI for people who are planning on ordering directly from the ZO Skin Health site...

- If you do the ZO Challenge, be sure to print out your recommendations, or it will make you do it again from the start.

- And when you print out your ZO Challenge results, make sure that everything prints correctly BEFORE you leave the screen...mine printed portrait (and should have been landscape) and chopped off part of my recommendations.

- The Return Policy that just popped up when I placed my order is fabulous:

Dr. Zein Obagi is not your ordinary dermatologist, ZO Skin Health™ is not your ordinary skin care, and this is not your ordinary return policy. We don't want quick sales, and certainly we don't want unsatisfied customers.

Here's what we do want. We want to provide you with high performance products that deliver skin health and provide real results. If you are not completely satisfied, please return any product purchased from ZOSKINHEALTH.COM for a refund. Complete instructions are included in every shipment. Please contact customer service at XXX.

*** I deleted the contact info...you never want to post email addresses on public forums due to web crawlers that harvest email addresses and sell them to spammers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI for people who are planning on ordering directly from the ZO Skin Health site...

- If you do the ZO Challenge, be sure to print out your recommendations, or it will make you do it again from the start.

- And when you print out your ZO Challenge results, make sure that everything prints correctly BEFORE you leave the screen...mine printed portrait (and should have been landscape) and chopped off part of my recommendations.

Dr. Zein Obagi is not your ordinary dermatologist, ZO Skin Health™ is not your ordinary skin care, and this is not your ordinary return policy. We don't want quick sales, and certainly we don't want unsatisfied customers.

Here's what we do want. We want to provide you with high performance products that deliver skin health and provide real results. If you are not completely satisfied, please return any product purchased from ZOSKINHEALTH.COM for a refund. Complete instructions are included in every shipment. Please contact customer service at XXX.

*** I deleted the contact info...you never want to post email addresses on public forums due to web crawlers that harvest email addresses and sell them to spammers.

hi bethany, is there a return policy?? i didnt know that. i would like to return the sunscreen i bought, but i didn't know the website had a return policy.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
my face feels GREAT the am following one night of using the Overnight Recovery Cream slight peeling but not reddness or burning sensation. So doday i will be using the daily Power Defense. Think Iam alos going to order the eye cream

Red Head, are you saying that the Overnight Recovery Cream is causing the peeling?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
dm26 wrote:
bethany wrote:

hi bethany, is there a return policy?? i didnt know that. i would like to return the sunscreen i bought, but i didn't know the website had a return policy.

DM, the return policy for their website was included in my post (I included it again here)...if you bought it from ZO directly, it looks like you will have no problems returning it to them.

Or did you buy it from Nordstrom's? If so, you will probably need to return it there...hopefully Donna or Justin will weigh in here for you.

BTW, can I ask what you didn't like about it? I was thinking about trying it, but would love your feedback first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
It does have the Retional in it but its very slight but my skin feels very soft I will not be using it every night until I build up to it

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
It does have the Retional in it but its very slight but my skin feels very soft I will not be using it every night until I build up to it

Rileygirl's comments indicate that these are definitely far more potent than what many of us have used in the past...I am going to be working up slowly as well since I tend to be so sensitive.

The products seem to be very high quality, a little goes along away, and if the results are there, they could very well be worth the money.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
These are just a tad below what you would get on the RX Obagi system so Iam going to take it slow and not use them everyday or night but so far so good

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
dm 26--

I reiterate what bethany posted, if you're not happy with any ZO product, we encourage you to return it. The instructions for return were included on the packing slip. People like the sunscreen because it's tinted (so there's no ghosting), and although it's positioned as a primer/sunscreen, a lot of people use it instead of any kind of make up foundation. But if you're not happy, send it back! We aim to please.

It's good to check, though. Dr. Obagi is all about results-oriented products, so sometimes your skin will experience this change--a temporary tingling, a wake up call to your cells--so it's good to check to see if your reaction is normal and to be expected!

PS If you need instructions on how to return the Oclipse, let me know.

Donna Queen

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 am      Reply with quote
dm26, did you try the ZO sunscreen again after you stopped all your other products to see if you still got tiny pimples from it?

Just an update from me on the sunscreen. I love it! It has caused no problems for me. I walk my dogs daily and am outside in the yard a lot. I have not had any new freckles pop up at all with all my time in the sun. This is the mark of a great sunscreen, in my mind. I have only used 3 other sunscreens in the past that I have not freckled right through and they all left the dreaded white tinge. This product is a definite repurchase for myself.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I have tried 2 more products from this line. The TE pads and the Daily Power Defense. This is just an initial mini-review.

TE Pads: These remind you of the stridex pads a lot of teens use! The main ingredient is Salicylic acid at 2%. I believe in acids (in moderation) so I wanted to try these. This is surprisingly strong and actually felt like it burned my forehead. I did have minor flaking/dryness around my chin the next morning after initial use. I will be using these a few times a week. I also want my son to try these out for his mild acne.

Ingredients: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Salicylic Acid 2.0%

OTHER INGREDIENTS
Water, SD alcohol-40B, Propylene Glycol, Urea, Triclosan, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Santalum Album Extract, Phellodendron Amureuse Extract, Hordeum Distichon Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Fragrance.

The 2nd product that I have just tried is the Daily Power Defense. This is the 1 product I am extremely excited about using. On the ZO website, this is what it says for Concerns: "Pre-mature aging, lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, texture and firmness". Everything I am fighting!

The ingredients are very good with ultrasomes and roxisomes. Taken from Remergent website regarding roxisomes and ultrasomes: "Roxisomes: liposomes containing the first enzyme to help the cell's genetic material protect itself from free-radical damage. The repair activity, captured from a tiny mustard plant, helps remove the signs of oxidation in two key places: the nucleus and the cell's energy-making mitochondria. Ultrasomes: Liposomes engineered to carry an extract from a marine microbe, intensifying the skin's ability to repair sun-inflicted DNA damage, speeding recovery reaction, and reducing the appearance of post-sunburn peeling."

This is a light lotion, comes in a pump-type bottle (like the radical night repair); goes on nice and is really light feeling. Sinks right in and leaves no stickiness. My face feels very soft after use and I actually don't feel like I have a product on. Does not burn, sting, or irritate my skin. Another cosmetically elegant product from this line. I'll report back after I have used the entire bottle.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Jojoba Esters, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beta-Glucan, Lactose, Lecithin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Mimosa Tenuiflora Leaf Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Micrococcus Lysate, C14-22 Alcohols, Safflower Oil/Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Cetearyl Glucoside, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Palmitoyl PG-lino Leamide, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730).
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |