Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does Anyone Know the Shelf-Life of SkinMedica Vit C Complex?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Someone just told me that he/she thinks the shelf-life of this product is 2 years. There is one for sale that is now 15 months old and the seller thinks that there should be 9 months good life to it yet. Do you agree? Seems pretty long in the tooth to me, but I don't use the product (yet). Wink

Thanks!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco I really don't know what the shelf life should be. However, 15 months old! I would pass. My first container of this lasted over 2 months and of course was snow white all that time. Why don't you email SkinMedica they are usually very good with answering emails. Unless that email has to do with how exactly they measure their pH Rolling Eyes
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try again to find the email link on the SkinMedica website.....

I found it! Sent them this question. Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
call them they have their # on the website. I think it lasts a long time, I love their vit c its the best I think on the market.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Poco, let us know please, when you have the answer from Skinmed. I'm on my 4th tube of their VitC and like it very much - and would like to know it's shelf life (a tube lasts approx. 8-9 weeks for me and stays snow white the whole time).
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I will post what I find out. I took the advice to call their number. But the whole Cust Service dept is in a meeting. Yeah, right! A meeting on a Friday afternoon? I'll bet they're all at the pub! Laughing
roxy4477

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMedica's Vit C has a 2 year shelf life. The product contains no water and is in a air tight container so the product is stable for 24 months.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just MHO - but I would pass. 15 months is pretty old for any beauty product - but esp. a Vitamin C one - (Vitamin C is inherently unstable in solution - which is why many manufacturers have such a problem keeping their products usable)

I would also question how the seller has kept the product - if it's been exposed to any heat or light - then the shelf life is affected.

Unless it's a really, really, really good deal on this product - I think you might spend your money elsewhere on a better (younger!) product.

Just my two cents, though...

Smile
mimi57
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder since this is my 'c' of choice, just how old are the ones I buy on skin care sites at medi-spas [but no more buying at these spas they are too darn much] it's only sales with me now and stocking up on sale times.
I digress as usual...
how do we know how old our fresh bottle is if there's no exp. date to give us a guesstimate?? Question
I think anything costing 50 and over should have an exp. date., if our food does we really have a right to know.
roxy4477

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
roxy4477 wrote:
SkinMedica's Vit C has a 2 year shelf life. The product contains no water and is in a air tight container so the product is stable for 24 months.

SkinMedica just launched a retail site selling their products. They are as fresh as you can get and the Vitamin C is only $85.00
Since it's a gel and not a water based serum it has a 24 month shelf life. I would not buy anything on ebay because most of the products on there are from doctor's office trying to "unload" expired products they can't sell in their offices.
It's buyer be ware for sure!
roxy4477

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
mimi57 wrote:
I wonder since this is my 'c' of choice, just how old are the ones I buy on skin care sites at medi-spas [but no more buying at these spas they are too darn much] it's only sales with me now and stocking up on sale times.
I digress as usual...
how do we know how old our fresh bottle is if there's no exp. date to give us a guesstimate?? Question
I think anything costing 50 and over should have an exp. date., if our food does we really have a right to know.

There is a lot number on the box that you can reference when calling the SkinMedica cust service.
mimi57
5% products discount

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:34 am      Reply with quote
roxy4477 wrote:
roxy4477 wrote:

SkinMedica just launched a retail site selling their products. They are as fresh as you can get and the Vitamin C is only $85.00
Since it's a gel and not a water based serum it has a 24 month shelf life. I would not buy anything on ebay because most of the products on there are from doctor's office trying to "unload" expired products they can't sell in their offices.

Roxy4477 ty...never thought about that re: the products on ebay may be from doctor's offices trying to "unload" expired products they can't sell..makes total sense - I just looked and read on a site it's 18 months but really if you buy it fresh unopened/sealed kept in a cool area I agree it's fine - also I buy mine on sale online it's cheaper but do agree if you want fresh as can be I'm sure it's right from their site which I've seen recently but I buy mine for 20-25 percent off so I stock up like a bandit Wink.
I pay about about 58.00 for a bottle during these these sales, pretty good deal!
I am so pleased my skin is smooth and plumper with this I'm nearly 52 and just today my grade school teacher ran into me at Kohl's - he said I look the same and great..I really adore that man LOL!!
I'll be using this C as long as I live.
PS: discovered Obagi Nu-Derm sunblock today, a small tube sample - it's clear zinc a high % Nu-Derm, it is very nice Very Happy and although I bought his 'ZO sunblock-primer' which is great however in reality it's overpriced and silly to be this high when we need to apply a good amount to the skin not a dab!
So I'm not going to be getting that one again, it was 85.00 + ship & handling 90+ and I will save it for my special days, really this Nu Derm was clear in color not masky and as good as the new ZO sunblock in many ways with higher protection spf 35 not sure if it's rating is high by pros but I keep out of the sun and I'm so careful, Nu Derm being only 38.00 a good sized tube will be my new sunblock for daily incidental exposure and will skip DHC it lends a white cast like my Shiseido also dryish looking but not this Nu Derm.
I rambled..I'm so tired and do that when ready to hit the sack lol.<p>
roxy4477 wrote:
roxy4477 wrote:

Roxy4477 ty...never thought about that re: the products on ebay may be from doctor's offices trying to "unload" expired products they can't sell..makes total sense - I just looked and read on a site it's 18 months but really if you buy it fresh unopened/sealed kept in a cool area I agree it's fine - also I buy mine on sale online it's cheaper but do agree if you want fresh as can be I'm sure it's right from their site which I've seen recently but I buy mine for 20-25 percent off so I stock up like a bandit Wink.
I pay about about 58.00 for a bottle during these these sales, pretty good deal!
I am so pleased my skin is smooth and plumper with this I'm nearly 52 and just today my grade school teacher ran into me at Kohl's - he said I look the same and great..I really adore that man LOL!!
I'll be using this C as long as I live.
PS: discovered Obagi Nu-Derm sunblock today, a small tube sample - it's clear zinc a high % Nu-Derm, it is very nice Very Happy and although I bought his 'ZO sunblock-primer' which is great however in reality it's overpriced and silly to be this high when we need to apply a good amount to the skin not a dab!
So I'm not going to be getting that one again, it was 85.00 + ship & handling 90+ and I will save it for my special days, really this Nu Derm was clear in color not masky and as good as the new ZO sunblock in many ways with higher protection spf 35 not sure if it's rating is high by pros but I keep out of the sun and I'm so careful, Nu Derm being only 38.00 a good sized tube will be my new sunblock for daily incidental exposure and will skip DHC it lends a white cast like my Shiseido also dryish looking but not this Nu Derm.
I rambled..I'm so tired and do that when ready to hit the sack.Image
System
Automatic Message
Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |