Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Overview of some Yonka Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All, I know, I know, I've reviewed too many Yonka products, but I got a few PMs lately from members asking for advice on Yonka -- so I thought I might as well make it a "public" announcement about certain products.

For those of you who PMed me, I hope this is helpful; if not, message me again and I'll try to improve Smile

CLEANSERS:
If you have oily skin, definitely go for the Gel Nettoyant. It is the MOST refreshing gel I have ever used and I swear by it. It removes all make up (yes, even mascara and other eye make up and is GENTLE enough to use around the eye area). It is not a real "sticky" gel -- it's more like "thick water" and glides on very very smoothly on your skin. I think my skin improved from using the Gel Nettoyant simply because I spend more time massaging the gel into my skin (it is SO SO smooth). It has a geranium smell to it (at least I think that's what it is) and is bluish-green in color.

Cleansing Milk v. Cleansing Creme: The Cleansing Milk is thicker -- kind of like a creamy texture and doesn't smell as good as the Gel Nettoyant. The Cleansing Creme is supposed to be for sensitive skin and has a slight tinge of peppermint. I am a huge "minty" fan so the mint in the Cleansing Creme actually does NOTHING for me -- it's a very slight "minty" feeling but it's there. I only bought each of these once (just out of curiosity) and I still swear by the Gel Nettoyant. The Gel Nettoyant does not dry out your skin (thank goodness). I actually think the Cleansing Milk and Cleansing Creme is hard to "wash off" -- as if it leaves a residue (though I'm sure it doesn't). If you have really dry skin, perhaps the latter two Cremes are your best bet.

TONERS:
Well, Yonka has two toners -- one for oily skin and one for dry skin. Use the one that's right for you Smile Sorry, that's blunt but that's about all the advice I can give! Laughing You can use the lotion in two ways: 1) You can spray it on some gauze or cotton ball and wipe your face with it. OR 2) you can spray it all over your face and press a tissue against your face to let your skin soak up the lotion (and the tissue will soak up residue). The second way is more of a "waste" because I always spray a lot more than I need (the tissue ends up getting a nice facial hee hee hee), but it's a good way not to have to scrub your face with a cotton ball or gauze. My aesthetician (Yonka certified) uses the 2nd method (with the tissue) and she says it helps keeps the skin supple and free of "scratching." I guess cotton and gauze can still scratch your skin to some degree? Confused

ACNE SOLVERS:
I have acne and oily skin so I think I am well-qualified to answer this question. I am not, however, able to talk about any of the anti-aging or brightening/whitening products (sorry Embarassed ).

Definitely for acne spot treatment, use Yonka Juvenil. It is by far the best acne spot treatment ever. If you ever have one of those spots underneath your skin (you know there's something there but there is nothing on the surface to "squeeze"), use Juvenil. The spot will either disappear or the dirt will surface so you can squeeze it (bad, I know, but we all do it). AFTER you squeeze a zit, wash the area, and re-apply Juvenil. Juvenil helps keep other bacteria from spreading and helps the healing process of that area (since it'll be red/dry for a while).

Word of caution with Juvenil: when I first started to use it, I used it all over my face and it caused (what I thought was) a massive breakout. I went nuts thinking that the product "didn't work" -- but it just worked TOO WELL. By using it all over your face, the Juvenil will purge your skin from all the dirt underneath. It's a great feeling after a few weeks (getting rid of the zits) -- but it's a tough few weeks to get through because you'll feel like the product isn't working.

Nowadays, I don't use it all over my face (and if I do, it's probably not that bad because the first "purging" probably purged everything that I could imagine). It's definitely a great spot treatment. It really does work in 24 hours (or less) for me. If I see a spot, I just dab on some Juvenil and the spot will either disappear or give me something to "squeeze."

How to use Juvenil: Shake the bottle, bump one to two drops into the palm of your left hand. Use your middle finger on your right hand and dab some Juvenil onto the finger -- then press the area that you are wanting to treat. Reverse hands if you're left-handed (I'm right handed so I use my right hand as my dominant hand, obviously Laughing ). Alternatively, you can pump a few drops into Creme 15 or Creme PG and apply it that way (read below).

Best acne creams: Creme 15 or Creme PG. The directions from Yonka's site say to use one creme in the morning, one at night, blah blah blah. Do what works for you. Creme 15 is a lighter-textured creme -- more like a lotion and does not leave a residue feeling on your skin. Creme PG is more of a real "cream" and is a bit greasier, in my opinion -- BUT IT IS GREAT FOR DRY SKIN. My skin has been really dry due to the Northeast weather these days (I'm usually quite oily). Creme PG hydrates my skin right up -- all the while controlling acne and sebum, too! So for oily skin, I would stick with Creme 15. For dry skin (occasionaly dehydration, etc.), go with the Creme PG.

Juvenil + Creme = wonderful. Okay, so how to use the Juvenil with a Creme? First, squeeze a dollop (is that even a technical term? Embarassed ) into the palm of your left hand. Then shake Juvenil and pump 2 drops on top of the creme. Then, using your middle finger (or whatever finger you choose) of your right hand, mix the Juvenil and creme together so that it becomes one substance. Now, use the same finger and evenly distribute the new substance onto your face and rub in thoroughly. Again, this is a way of using Juvenil "all over" your face so if it's the first time you're using Juvenil, be careful of a massive "purging" of acne and dirt. If you don't get a massive purging, then congrats, your skin is clean! Very Happy

Emulsion Pure is also an acne treatment. It is basically a concentrated version of the Yonka Lotion (toner). I use Emulsion Pure when I inadvertently pick at my skin and cause some redness. I pour Emulsion Pure onto a gauze (cotton soaks up too much product and wastes it so gauze is better to use) and then leave the gauze on the red spot for 10-15 minutes. It smells soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and it relieves the redness after. It's so strange how it works but it's a great product. It's a pretty small bottle, though -- and you have to use quite a bit to drench your gauze (you want to make sure the gauze is wet and concentrated before you put it on your red spot) -- so it's a bit expensive due to the size of the bottle and the amount you need to use. But if you don't get red too often (and don't pick at your skin), then you might not have to use it that often!

PHYTO 58: I use this in the evening -- it DOES have a tingly feeling and leaves me with a rosy glow in the morning. I'm not sure what's in it that produces the nice radiance but it's a nice treat!!!!!!

Hmm, okay, I think that's my two cents as of now. Hope this helps! And there are always more reviews to read if you do a search!

Lisa
[/u]
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thats a great review of Yonka products!

Thankies!
Aga
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:23 am      Reply with quote
WOW !!! that's a great review
thx!!!!
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:34 am      Reply with quote
does anybody know how to get yonka products in australia? they sound so good. Smile
Mabsy

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
does anybody know how to get yonka products in australia? they sound so good. Smile

I got mine from EDS (quite some time ago). I have not seen them in Australia as yet.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hey Boston -

I didn’t see reviews of the Yonka masks so I wondered if that meant that you had never tried them? Because we have similar skin-types, I’m most curious to hear any feedback re: the ‘Yonka Mask 103' for Normal/Oily Skin. Also, I wonder if you’ve ever tried the Decleor Cleansing Gel and – if so – how it compares to the Gel Nettoyant?

Thanks!
Austin
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Austin,

I have used the Yonka Mask -- 103 for oily skin. I usually mix in a bit of Juvenil for it. I don't know why I forgot to list it . . . strange Smile

Anyway, it's a great mask to use 2-3 times a week. Mix in some Juvenil if you have problem spots, and sometimes some Phyto 58 or Creme 15. After about 8 minutes, the mask will be pretty dry -- that's when you spray your face with Yonka Lotion to hydrate and let the mask sit for another 6-7 minutes before you wash off. Very good for tightening and cleansing the skin.

I have used Decleor Cleansing Gel, and to me, it seems like any other gel -- not as "thin" as the Yonka Gel which is the Yonka Gel's prime characteristic. You could blindfold me and put 5-6 different cleansing gels in my hand and I could probably tell you which one is Yonka (you can cover my nose too). The Yonka Gel is just SO light and not like normal gels that are sticky and gooey.

Smile
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa,

I got the EP and Juve.

To my surprise the EP does work! After picking and squeezing I put it on for 15 min and the redness was gone!

But I am not sure about Juve though.
I had a small spot, I put Juve on last night , and this morning it got much bigger and I did squeeze it and stuff came out, but now the spot is bigger than before and it hurts and theres more stuff in it..... IS that normal for Juve? It seems like its worse with the size and the pain.

Aga
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
YES -- it's normal because the Juvenil is helping to purge all the dirt that's beneath the surface. I had the same reaction when I first started -- my acne got worse and worse before it got better -- but only because Juvenil really helps to clean out your skin. So don't fret -- just be patient with it. Keep dabbing Juvenil on the spot, squeeze it, clean it, more Juvenil . . . just be patient Smile
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Excellant Review!! I can back up all the pros for the gel nettoyant, lotion, juvenil and creme 15 it's such a great line of products! I'm in new zealand and have ordered my yonka stuff of either EDS or ebay. Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Well hell, it sounds like I might have to take my Decleor Cleansing Gel back to Sephora for a refund and go next door to my beauty boutique and buy the Yonka Gel Nettoyant!! The only thing I really like about the Decleor cleansing gel is that it contains Ylang Ylang, and since the Aromessence oil has done such wonders for me I’m thinking that the more Ylang Ylang the better!! Maybe I could get the Yonka Nettoyant Gel and add a few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil myself...?!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so now my lemming list just got much longer Confused Does anyone know if the Juvenil or Emulsion has alcohol in them? Alcohol reaks havoc on my skin!

Thanks for the awesome review!!!!
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yonka uses all natural products so I seriously doubt that there is alcohol in their products. I would email, PM, or call EDS just to make 100% sure but I'm pretty positive that there is no alcohol in the products. Alas, Yonka Girl has been stumped so please refer yourselves to the powers that be (i.e., the EDS ladies) =D
Mabsy

Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it does have any alcohol but I would not be surprised. I know that Dr H lists alcohol on their products because alcohol is used in the extraction process of their natural ingedients. However this alcohol is derived from fermented grains etc The EDS ladies or emailing YonKa would be your best bet.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies for your input with the alcohol. I will try emailing EDS and post their reply when I receive it. Have a great day!!

Smile Lisa
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Ok ladies I found out from EDS via email that Yonka Juvenil says "alcohol free" on the bottle. I hope this helps those who are interested. Although I don't have acne I do get the occasional pimple and clogged pore (especially when wearing a heavy sunsreen). Does anyone think that Juvenil is an overkill for me?? I'm really interested in trying this line especially Juvenil and something for redness and hydration. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Very Happy Thanks and have a great weekend!

Lisa
Mabsy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa - thanks for the update! Btw, I don't have acne myself, just the occasional pimple etc but I've been using YonKa Juvenil at night under Decleor Essential Balm as a preventative as well. So far so good. Of course, I do use it (or MDF) when I do get a pimple or two or a bunch of clogged pores.
Pyrophantasm

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hey lisa,

I have a question about the creme PG, i tried using it and afterwards, for what seemed like an hour or so, my skin looked oily, so i had to use the lait nettoyant to wash my face again and just apply the toner. as for juve, i've tried that as well and i had some major red spots, the morning after. as for phyto52, it only seemed to make my face develop more blemishes. i'm not sure. i'm discontinuing my use of phyto and creme PG. and oh, i have oily and acne prone skin..

thanks...
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Creme PG will leave you oily, which is why I recommend using Creme 15 as your foundation/make up base if you need one. I actually use Decleor's Hydra-Matte Regulating Fluid and a few drops of their Ylang Ylang as a make up base to help the oily-ness of my skin.

I don't use Phyto 52 (I use 5Cool so I can't really determine the issue with that product.

With Juvenil -- what were the red spots like? Are they bumps of acne? If you read the reviews of Juvenil that I've written, you will understand that Juvenil will likely make your skin react in two ways:

1) All the dirt beneath your skin will be "purged" and will come to the surface as acne (and yes, it'll make you hate the product but hang in there because Juvenil will really cleanse the skin), OR

2) Any acne that you have will just disappear.

I don't know why there are two results but that's the result I see. Sometimes I have a zit approaching and I dab on some Juvenil and it'll either make the zit "ready to pop" or will make it disappear completely.

Red spots -- are they dry spots? I can't imagine what they are but it could possibly be that you may have an allergic reaction to some herbal product in the Juvenil? Might want to check with your derm or doctor on this.

Good luck!
Lisa
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
chunlisa, I'm just starting to use Dr. H's Cleansing Cream and the jury is not yet in. I saw a difference the first day but not since, of course I've not been faithful Rolling Eyes

I have a question for you. I guess I'm so damned skeptical. IF the DR. H doesn not work after a month or so, do you think the Juve would work for my problem? I have many blackheads on my chin and nose and over all larg pores everywhere except my outer cheeks and along my jawline. These are ancient clogged pores. I mean I think some of them are nigh on 30 years old Laughing (I'm 52 with very oily skin)

Do you think that Juve would *purge* my blackheads? I do not have acne/breakouts. My clogged pores seem to be content with just sitting there being happily clogged. I feel like if I could just GET them empty, then I could KEEP them empty.

Thanks!
Red
Pyrophantasm

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:27 am      Reply with quote
NOTED. no more creme PG for me. thanks for the informative bit. I don't really do make up as im a guy, well, i would have 'cept i don't have the time to put them on. kidding. i did notice that putting on Juve does help make the squeezing easier and faster. Im just worried about the hyperpigmentation spots they might create? does the Yonka skin lightening duo do much? i know you're the Yonka goddess and it surely is inappropriate of me to ask of your opinion on Skinceuticals Photo+/B5 Gel? but, whoops, i already did. bad munky. Very Happy

thanks.

chunlisa wrote:
Yeah, Creme PG will leave you oily, which is why I recommend using Creme 15 as your foundation/make up base if you need one. I actually use Decleor's Hydra-Matte Regulating Fluid and a few drops of their Ylang Ylang as a make up base to help the oily-ness of my skin.

I don't use Phyto 52 (I use 5Cool so I can't really determine the issue with that product.

With Juvenil -- what were the red spots like? Are they bumps of acne? If you read the reviews of Juvenil that I've written, you will understand that Juvenil will likely make your skin react in two ways:

1) All the dirt beneath your skin will be "purged" and will come to the surface as acne (and yes, it'll make you hate the product but hang in there because Juvenil will really cleanse the skin), OR

2) Any acne that you have will just disappear.

I don't know why there are two results but that's the result I see. Sometimes I have a zit approaching and I dab on some Juvenil and it'll either make the zit "ready to pop" or will make it disappear completely.

Red spots -- are they dry spots? I can't imagine what they are but it could possibly be that you may have an allergic reaction to some herbal product in the Juvenil? Might want to check with your derm or doctor on this.

Good luck!
Lisa
Pyrophantasm

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:56 am      Reply with quote
[repost]
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
red77 wrote:
I have a question for you. I guess I'm so damned skeptical. IF the DR. H doesn not work after a month or so, do you think the Juve would work for my problem? I have many blackheads on my chin and nose and over all larg pores everywhere except my outer cheeks and along my jawline. These are ancient clogged pores. I mean I think some of them are nigh on 30 years old Laughing (I'm 52 with very oily skin)

Do you think that Juve would *purge* my blackheads? I do not have acne/breakouts. My clogged pores seem to be content with just sitting there being happily clogged. I feel like if I could just GET them empty, then I could KEEP them empty.
I'm not ChunLisa, but I would like to recommend Ylang Ylang oil or Ylang Ylang Balm (both of which are made by Decleor). Y-Y is fantastic for drying up blackheads (it doesn't get rid of them completely, but dries up the little "plugs" enough so that you only have to exert a TINY bit of pressure to squeeze them out of the pore. Once that is done, THEN the Dr. H CC should help to keep the pores clean and clear thereafter...assuming, of course, that you use it faithfully (at *least* once per day!!)!

HTH,
Carrie
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Oooooooo. I never squeeze! I'm really afraid it'll make things worse. Shock I did my fair share in my younger years, though...
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with CareKate on the blackheads bit. Juvenil is definitely something to use to purge the big zits. Blackheads might nto really get "purged" since they're stuck anyway but the Ylang Ylang definitely will help getting rid of those suckers.

As for the Yonka lightening line -- I have not tried it (sorry that I assumed you were a girl, Pyrophantasm! My bad!) but it's worth a shot since it's reputable Yonka Smile

Lisa
System
Automatic Message
Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |