Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sue, Please keep us posted with your progress & thanks so much for sharing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I finally ordered. I have seriously been wanting to order Obagi Nu Derm for more than a year. I'd fill my cart, then chicken out. I'm getting married in September and would love to look my best. I'm a bit scared of the peeling , but encouraged by so many EDS positive stories. Rileygirl in particular has been a wonderful educator! I appreciate everyone of you who has taken time to document your experience. I think I may start a new thread and take weekly pictures for any future Obagi Nu Derm customers. It's a big purchase & time commitment, but I think I'm ready.

On an aside note, I mistakenly bought the wrong Blender. I hope to get a hold of EDS before it's mailed. I want the one with Hydroquinone. I can't believe I did that after looking it at the products for so long.

I'm hoping to interact with those of you who have used the system along the way. I really couldn't be more excited! Coleen Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I got my package from EDS, and have re-started the program, I don't really remember when was the last time I used Obagi, but the first time was 10+ years ago.

I have tried not to peel and having a red face in front of everyone, because I have to meet people everyday. I am now the first week, still no one is asking me what is happening to my face. I apply a very thin layer for everything. If I have an important meeting the next day, I will totally stop Obagi the day before.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I finally ordered. I have seriously been wanting to order Obagi Nu Derm for more than a year. I'd fill my cart, then chicken out. I'm getting married in September and would love to look my best. I'm a bit scared of the peeling , but encouraged by so many EDS positive stories. Rileygirl in particular has been a wonderful educator! I appreciate everyone of you who has taken time to document your experience. I think I may start a new thread and take weekly pictures for any future Obagi Nu Derm customers. It's a big purchase & time commitment, but I think I'm ready.

On an aside note, I mistakenly bought the wrong Blender. I hope to get a hold of EDS before it's mailed. I want the one with Hydroquinone. I can't believe I did that after looking it at the products for so long.

I'm hoping to interact with those of you who have used the system along the way. I really couldn't be more excited! Coleen Laughing

That is so exciting, C4ward. I am excited for you. I think it is a great idea to take pics but I personally think once a week will be a lot! Maybe you can think about once a month? There are some weeks where it really "looks" as though nothing is happening at all (I know I did the weekly pics!!) and that can be very discouraging, especially if you are red and flaky!

Good luck, and I will be watching your progress. I think you will be very happy with your skin. Just remember, Always wear the sunscreen, and if you will be in the sun for longer periods of time, wear a hat! Very Happy
Emma_N
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great!!!
But I want to know if it has side-effect??
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl. Your posts have been an inspiration to me. I actually communicated with you a bit a year ago about the program, but got afraid of the peeling. With my wedding coming up middle of September, I want to look my best! Very Happy I'll aim for once a month photos. What thread are your photos on? I know I've seen it, but there are just so many Obagi Nu Derm threads. Thanks so much for your excitement! I SOOO appreciate all your input!
Coleen (C4ward)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Coleen, I honestly don't know myself where my photos are! You are right, there are a ton of Obagi threads and I have definitely lost track! Good luck to you. I'll be following your progress!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
How about their gentle cleaner ? Can anybody compare it wiht frezze cleaner?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on the Obagi NuDerm since 1/28/09, almost 9 weeks. I still have alot of peeling, esp in the afternoon. Although, my face is alot clearer, its still pretty red most of the time. What difference will I see in the next 9 weeks??

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
congrats for completing 9 weeks.
you'll see less redness and improved glow as time goes on.
hang in there
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I've been on the Obagi NuDerm since 1/28/09, almost 9 weeks. I still have alot of peeling, esp in the afternoon. Although, my face is alot clearer, its still pretty red most of the time. What difference will I see in the next 9 weeks??

Continued fading of pigmentation, some reduction in fine lines if you have any. The redness may or may not go away. The peeling may or may not subside. This is all very individual. Stick with the entire 18 weeks!
blumenauer

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have just recieved my order for Obagi 20% vit C. I have some light wrinkling due to an overzealous IPL treatment and want to reduce the amount of damage that may be caused by this.

I would like to hear any reviews on this product or any similar products in terms of wrinkling or damage recovery.

thanks

I was happy to recieve a free, full sized bottle of obagi cleanser as well !

thanks EDS

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
now i am in use of C10~~~~
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question about Obagi. I have been using the product (NuDerm) for 3 weeks. 1st week only did retin A & blender every other day. For the last 2 weeks I have used all the products daily. I have minimal peeling around the mouth area. No peeling any where else and only a little redness. I hear everyone talking about peeling all over. Is this normal or should I be peeling more? Did anyone else not peel? Is it working? Thanks for your input. I am enjoying the reading everyone's experiences.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
VanessaB, what percent of Retin A are you using?

There are a lot who don't peel (and I never called it peeling, as it is mostly flaking of the skin). The mouth area will be everyone's biggest area that they see the major flaking from (due to the movement).

You are very early on, and have really only been using the products daily for 2 weeks. Give it some time and see if you start having any flaking. Make sure you are using the correct amount of all the products. But, again, not everyone has the major flaking and yes, the products are still working. Hope that helps.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl. Thank you for replying to my post. I have read alot of your posts and you seem like the expert Very Happy. I am using .05 retin A. I noticed on a post of yours that you didn't have any fading of dark spots for a while. I have spots on my forehead pretty bad. I'm 38 and fair but had lots of sun damage from my teens.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, do you put the obagi under your eyes or just to the bone? I have read alot of different views. Do you use any of the C line?

thanks, Vanessa
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Vanessa. I used all the products as close to my eyes as I could. The only thing I would tell you about that is to make sure you apply the products well before bed time, as the blender/RA will "travel" so to speak and if not really absorbed in well for at least 1 hour, it can get in your eyes when you sleep.

The .05% is perfect, just keep on going. It 3 months before my darker spots started to fade, but then it was really quick after that!

Good luck!
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Do anyone know whether it also works on asian skin? Heard so many good things about it, but still hesitate to try...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
wylone wrote:
Do anyone know whether it also works on asian skin? Heard so many good things about it, but still hesitate to try...

Definitely, it will work on all skin. Do a board search, as there is a thread already about Obagi and Asian skin!
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
wylone wrote:

Definitely, it will work on all skin. Do a board search, as there is a thread already about Obagi and Asian skin!

Thank you so much:) I will definately do more research about it
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I ordered C10 from EDS 6 months ago,and a stinging sensation happened on my face after my prime usage.
but there is an question that confuse me: because of the unstability of VC, why it is suggested to use at day time~~? Question Question
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 5:01 am      Reply with quote
vacarno wrote:
I ordered C10 from EDS 6 months ago,and a stinging sensation happened on my face after my prime usage.
but there is an question that confuse me: because of the unstability of VC, why it is suggested to use at day time~~? Question Question

The C is suggested to use in the day time as extra protection for your skin from the sun when used with your sunscreen.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
[quote="blumenauer"]I have just recieved my order for Obagi 20% vit C. I have some light wrinkling due to an overzealous IPL treatment and want to reduce the amount of damage that may be caused by this.

I would like to hear any reviews on this product or any similar products in terms of wrinkling or damage recovery.

thanks

I was happy to recieve a free, full sized bottle of obagi cleanser as well !

Hi Bluemenauer!
How are you liking the Obagi Vit C Pro 20%? I'm also in the midst of doing Nu Derm and thinking of adding this product. How are you doing with the Nu Derm? Thanks.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |