Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
michxly wrote:
I just wanted to mention I was a bit hesitant on trying the entire regime due to a period of irritation that many other forum members have mention so I just bought the clear and have been using that 3-4 times a week at night only. I've seen a difference in the clarity of my skin and a reduction in some hyperpigmentation on my skin. A great product I will def be re-ordering! Smile

That's great, michxly. Some people are lucky and they can get by with 1 or 2 of the products. Unfortunately, most will need the entire regimen. Glad to hear the Clear works for you!
Jewell

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
What a great thread...
it is so encouraging to read everyone's experiences! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
So today one of my coworkers had to come and ask me if I was suffering from allergies or something because my face was all red Embarassed I guess I was thinking it wasn't really that bad but when someone points it out to you then it must be, lol. Any tips for minimizing the redness? Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
So today one of my coworkers had to come and ask me if I was suffering from allergies or something because my face was all red Embarassed I guess I was thinking it wasn't really that bad but when someone points it out to you then it must be, lol. Any tips for minimizing the redness? Thanks.

Use a good whitening sunscreen and power on top! Laughing Even with that, the redness shows through. The people at work always wanted me to have my BP checked since my face was so red!!
SunDapple
5% products discount

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
moosejavian wrote:

Use a good whitening sunscreen and power on top! Laughing Even with that, the redness shows through. The people at work always wanted me to have my BP checked since my face was so red!!

My family forbid me from wearing a hot pink sweater because my face matched it. They said it was too much pink. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
SunDapple wrote:
My family forbid me from wearing a hot pink sweater because my face matched it. They said it was too much pink. Very Happy

Oh, that is so funny, SunDapple! At least your family has a good sense of humor about the whole process! Laughing
caswucher

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for making me laugh SunDapple Laughing Keeping a sense of humor through this process really helps! A friend recommended CoverGirl Advanced Radiance foundation and I found it does a pretty good job of toning down the "tomato face".
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Another question, about how long does the Obagi kit last? I imagine we'll need 2-3 sets to complete the 18wk regimen? I have the 57g of 3 to 6 in my set. Thanks!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Another question, about how long does the Obagi kit last? I imagine we'll need 2-3 sets to complete the 18wk regimen? I have the 57g of 3 to 6 in my set. Thanks!

Hi Moosejavian,
I had to reorder the Clear about every six weeks while I only needed one more Blender and Exfoderm during that time period. I also chose to use a different cleanser, toner, and sunscreen after I finished the Nuderm ones.

I never re-ordered an entire kit; I just replaced items as I ran out of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

If you are using the "normal" amounts then:

Your cleanser will last all the way through and longer. The toner runs out quickly and it depends how much you use each time as to how long that lasts. The Exfoderm and Blender at 1/2 gram a day should last until you hit the 4th month, so you will probably have to repurchase those 1 time during your 18 weeks. The Clear at 1 gram twice a day needs to be repurchased every 30 days. The sunscreen will depend on how much you use at a time.

Hope that helps!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks kims and rileygirl! I just finished all the posts on this thread last night. Kims, how has obagi been for you? Have you achieved the end result you were hoping for?

I also read that some of you skip the sunfader, I found that's the one that really stings and makes me red in my am routine so I think I will skip that and just use a sunscreen. I have the Eminence organic mineral sunscreen powder and use a foundation with 15spf, do you guys think that would be enough? I spend the day indoors. Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
I also read that some of you skip the sunfader, I found that's the one that really stings and makes me red in my am routine so I think I will skip that and just use a sunscreen. I have the Eminence organic mineral sunscreen powder and use a foundation with 15spf, do you guys think that would be enough? I spend the day indoors. Thanks!

The Sunfader causes a lot of problems for people. You can definitely try that combo for your sunscreen, especially if you are just indoors all day. Just keep a watchful eye out, as if you see any pigmentation coming back, you will know that it is not a strong enough combination.
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
So today one of my coworkers had to come and ask me if I was suffering from allergies or something because my face was all red I guess I was thinking it wasn't really that bad but when someone points it out to you then it must be, lol. Any tips for minimizing the redness? Thanks.

This is so funny Laughing my boss asked me everyday for weeks if I had an allergic reaction to something, I kept saying no, but since I hadn't said anything in the beginning I haven't dared to tell him about Obagi and in the end he forced me to take a day off to go and see the doctor Laughing
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone use obagi rosa clear hydrating complexion corrector? I am using Obagi unDerm for 2 years now, my skin still look good, but just a little dry and sensitive, especially on the sunny day, my friends will ask me if I am ok... since I have been using obagi for so long, I am thinking to using other obagi products to help my skin's sensitive.. Any suggestion?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I completed the whole 18 weeks of Obagi Nuderm last year. My results were so great that two of my coworkers started the program. One of them in particular had acne scarring that is pretty much gone. I was red as a beet the whole time and was often embarrassed, but it was worth it. It really varies between people because one of my coworkers just had the slightest peeling in the beginning and never got red.I peeled heavily and was red the whole time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I completed the whole 18 weeks of Obagi Nuderm last year. My results were so great that two of my coworkers started the program. One of them in particular had acne scarring that is pretty much gone. I was red as a beet the whole time and was often embarrassed, but it was worth it. It really varies between people because one of my coworkers just had the slightest peeling in the beginning and never got red.I peeled heavily and was red the whole time.

Hi c4ward! It's nice to hear from you again and get an update. I was starting Nuderm about the same time you did last year. Sounds like you had great results! Are you on maintenance now?

I did 28 weeks before maintenance. Things are going pretty well with my skin. Now, I'm concentrating on my very sun-damaged chest area. It's always something!!

P.S. Did you get married this past Fall??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims!
I'm on a maintenance of Blender/Tazorac twice a week and Claer once a week keeping my results. I didn't end up getting married (not my choice), but my skin looks good Smile. I experimented with 302 for a while and still use those cleansers. I did stop the Obagi NuDerm while on 302. All in all, I give high marks to Obagi Nu Derm and count it a positive experience. I've recently started a skincare line that suggests using Tazorac ( or some other Retin A) twice a week and the other five days with the new product. Thus far, I'm very impressed but waiting until I've used it at least a month to post.
What I really noticed from Obagi Nu Derm was discoloration stopped being such a problem.
Kims, I'm so glad the Obagi worked for you. I do remember when we were the ones who just started!
Coleen C4ward

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Coleen
I'm using the Obagi products 2-3 times per week with the exception of retin a which I still use nightly. So far, I've been able to keep the pigmentation at bay which is a really big deal to me! I may start Round 2 in April -- a yearly round of Nuderm is recommended. I'm hoping to get by with just a six week stint. I'm anxious to see if the second time around will offer any more improvement!

P.S. (again) I'm very sorry to hear that your wedding plans didn't work out. A lot of times, things tend to work out for the best! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims. I do believe that's true!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Hi Kims!
I'm on a maintenance of Blender/Tazorac twice a week and Claer once a week keeping my results. I didn't end up getting married (not my choice), but my skin looks good Smile. I experimented with 302 for a while and still use those cleansers. I did stop the Obagi NuDerm while on 302. All in all, I give high marks to Obagi Nu Derm and count it a positive experience. I've recently started a skincare line that suggests using Tazorac ( or some other Retin A) twice a week and the other five days with the new product. Thus far, I'm very impressed but waiting until I've used it at least a month to post.
What I really noticed from Obagi Nu Derm was discoloration stopped being such a problem.
Kims, I'm so glad the Obagi worked for you. I do remember when we were the ones who just started!
Coleen C4ward

Ok, you Must tell me about this new product you are using!! (Did you have any luck at all with the 302?)

I am also very sorry to hear that your wedding did not happen, Coleen.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl.

Okay, I was going to wait a month, but how can I hold off on this forum? I had skin cancer years ago and the same doctor who diagnosed me invented this line. He used to really endorse Remergent and told me this is very similar. http://www.dnaegfrenewal.com/
I can't believe I spent this much on skincare. I'm officially skin care crazy! SmileI've been going to him for years and really like him as a person. I have a feeling already that it is similar to Remergent.He's very conservative in what he will and will not do to patients. I've never seen anyone in his office looking plastic(You know what I mean?) I was walking in with another patient whose skin radiated and she told me she was 60 and swore by this new line. I just started , so I really can't tell you anything except I love the packaging. I've taken "before" pictures just for this forum and will post them if I notice a difference. I just want to look the best I can without injections (although, I have done botox in my forehead in the past).

I really liked 302, but I'm not totally sold. Part of my skin obsession is trying new products. I still have the 302 Drops and use them on my hands and decollette. I also LOVE the regular and normal/dry cleanser. I found I prefered the Calm Skin Eye Serum to the 302 Eye Serum. The simplicity & philosophy of 302 really grabbed me. The one thing I couldn't ever get out of my mind was that Retin A has so many clinical studies showing it really works. I'm pleased that this new line encourages a Retin A lotion twice a week. Dr. Moy is always so busy, that I've often gone to Dr. Helen Fincher in his office and REALLY love her too. Her skin looks great and she's about my age and all she really uses is Tazorac. I know Dr. Moy has test groups out there (of which I wish I'd been a part of).
So my cat is out of the bag! I'll keep you all posted!
Coleen - C4Ward

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. - Dr. Moy and Dr. Fincher used to be out of U.C.L.A. but for a variety of reasons moved to Beverly Hills. I was a little nervous going to "that part of town" but it still has the same welcoming feeling and specializes in skin cancer.

P.P.S. - Sorry to hijack the Obagi Nu Derm thread. I highly endorse Obagi Nu Derm , got amazing results, and am sure I'll do the cycle again sometime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, Coleen! I will be anxiously awaiting your report on this skin care line! I cannot wait to see your before and after photos!! (I am just going to start a trial with the new TNS Essential Serum (and continue my Retin A), but I am always on the lookout!)
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to ask if there is a difference in using a tretinoin gel or cream? I have the Stieva-A gel 0.025%. I have used it by mixing it with the blender and also by applying it after the blender. I noticed it doesn't really mix well with the blender so I've just applied it after. TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Just wanted to ask if there is a difference in using a tretinoin gel or cream? I have the Stieva-A gel 0.025%. I have used it by mixing it with the blender and also by applying it after the blender. I noticed it doesn't really mix well with the blender so I've just applied it after. TIA!

The gel is not recommended just for the reason you are seeing, it does not mix well with things. You need to use the cream tretinoin, which is what is recommended with Nu Derm.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |