Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bonheurgirl
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your sharing ,I have no idea about it. now I am interested in this brand.
Lucinders

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone.... I am a newbie to this and have just received my obagi nu-derm starter kit today. I am really looking forward to getting started, however am a little bit nervous about the whole peeling/redness that everybody seems to experience - as I work in a male dominated environment I think I would be quite self conscious in work! My derm has advised me to use Avene Retrinal Cream 0.05% in conjunction with the blender, as this will prevent or minimise redness and flakiness. Can anyone tell me if this is so? Thanks Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Lucinders wrote:
Hi everyone.... I am a newbie to this and have just received my obagi nu-derm starter kit today. I am really looking forward to getting started, however am a little bit nervous about the whole peeling/redness that everybody seems to experience - as I work in a male dominated environment I think I would be quite self conscious in work! My derm has advised me to use Avene Retrinal Cream 0.05% in conjunction with the blender, as this will prevent or minimise redness and flakiness. Can anyone tell me if this is so? Thanks Very Happy

I would think it would minimize the flakiness by using the retrinal product, but you definitely may have redness. Most of the redness (IMHO) is caused by the Exfoderm. Please report back how you do with the Nu derm and the Avene product. I am curious if this will work as well as the Retin A. Good luck!!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had not heard of this retinal product but it got good reviews, I would like to know how it compares to retin a in overall results.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to Obagi Lucinders, let us know how you are doing on it. I like what it is doing for my skin but it does get old having it flake, being red, although my redness isn't too bad, and the tightness.
Mike, how are you doing?
My brown spots are definitely fading.
Lucinders

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for your help! Much appreciated! I am not starting the treatment until Sunday as I have an event this weekend. However I am a bit confused on a few things.. my derm said to use the clear am/pm everyday, is this correct? Exfoderm to be used everyday also. I have to use the blender everyday pm and the avene retrinal cream every other day.. do I mix these creams together or put on one after the other?
I hope somebody can clarify this for me.... Confused
mike1987
5% products discount

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Lucinders wrote:
Thanks everybody for your help! Much appreciated! I am not starting the treatment until Sunday as I have an event this weekend. However I am a bit confused on a few things.. my derm said to use the clear am/pm everyday, is this correct? Exfoderm to be used everyday also. I have to use the blender everyday pm and the avene retrinal cream every other day.. do I mix these creams together or put on one after the other?

Hi Lucinders, if i am not wrong, you are supposed to apply clear first, then mix the blender with your retrinal cream on the palm of your hand before applying it. All the best!

Hey Buffy:), breakouts is still there and my face seems to turn redder.But i am applying every other night so my results might be slow.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Lucinders wrote:

Yes, Clear twice a day. Exfoderm after the Clear in the morning. PM use your Clear, and then mix your Blender/Avene Retrinal together and apply. Make sure you rub in the Clear well, and then go on to your next step. One of the keys of Nu Derm is the complete massaging in of the creams.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Ok, a few more days into the program. Will be 6 weeks Monday. One day I love it and the next day I kind of hate it, if that makes any sense. This week major flaking, which is fine if I don't have to go to anything too important but hard to cover up and look decent if I do. But, I also like it when it flakes bacause I know I am uncovering new, pretty skin.

Riley, I know you have lots of experience with Obagi, maybe you can answer this for me. I am beginning to question the advice the nurse at my office gave me. When my skin feels really tight and dry, I asked her if I could use Obagi Action, b/c I read somewhere that is what it is for. She said "oh, no, that actually stops the ACTION of the program". She sold me Clenziderm moisturizer and told me I could use it liberally when my face felt dry. I am beginning to think that is wrong and whenever I call the office, she is the one who is supposed to answer all my questions. So, what do you think?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Whoops, hit submit too soon. I wish Obagi had an 800 number to call for questions, I can't seem to find one. The office where I purchased mine is not a derm office, but rather do surgery's, etc. and sell the Obagi.
Mike, sorry you are still having the breakouts, hope the program soon gets you some results from this.
Lucinders, see you got answer to your question. Good luck on getting started.
Oh, yesterday was one of the days I hated Obagi, LOL, my face just looked so dry and wrinkled, in between the flakies and I thought, oh this is just not working, then today I got up and it looked better. Just enough to keep me going I guess.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:

Riley, I know you have lots of experience with Obagi, maybe you can answer this for me. I am beginning to question the advice the nurse at my office gave me. When my skin feels really tight and dry, I asked her if I could use Obagi Action, b/c I read somewhere that is what it is for. She said "oh, no, that actually stops the ACTION of the program". She sold me Clenziderm moisturizer and told me I could use it liberally when my face felt dry. I am beginning to think that is wrong and whenever I call the office, she is the one who is supposed to answer all my questions. So, what do you think?

In my opinion, no moisturizers should be used with Nu Derm unless you are having excessively dry skin. I am not sure why your nurse feels that the Clenziderm moisturizer is ok, but not the Action, which is the moisturizer made for Nu Derm. However that is to be used sparingly when you are having the excessively dry/flaky skin - not daily. I have never used the Action or any of the Clenziderm products, but I know they can all be mixed and used together. If you aren't liking the Clenziderm moisturizer, you could always buy the Action and see if that is better for you. Just remember that no moisturizer should be used daily or excessively, only when truly needed. Hope that helps!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley, that is kind of what I was beginning to suspect from everything I could read or find out about using moisture while on Obagi. I actually have Action and like both it and the Clenziderm, but I didn't buy the Action from the office, a friend gave them to me. I will try to keep from using either of them as much as possible, I know that eventually, the Obagi is supposed to get your skin to the point where you don't need moisturizer but I have had dry skin since a child, so not sure if that will happen for me or not. But, I want the nuderm to work as quickly as it is supposed to so will try to minimize use of either moisturizer. Thanks again.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post that I used absolutely no moisturizer today or tonight when I did my nighttime routine. It is/was hard as my skin feels tight and itchy, especially around my nose, but I think I can do it and will see if it gets better each day I skip the moisturizer, even though it was Obagi, I don't want to slow down my progress.
Oh, I do use the elastiderm eye cream, I was told that was ok to use with the Nu-derm and would be good for mature, aging skin. Hope it helps with the fine lines and wrinkles around eye area and the lift of the upper lids.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Just wanted to post that I used absolutely no moisturizer today or tonight when I did my nighttime routine. It is/was hard as my skin feels tight and itchy, especially around my nose, but I think I can do it and will see if it gets better each day I skip the moisturizer, even though it was Obagi, I don't want to slow down my progress.
Oh, I do use the elastiderm eye cream, I was told that was ok to use with the Nu-derm and would be good for mature, aging skin. Hope it helps with the fine lines and wrinkles around eye area and the lift of the upper lids.

I know it can be really hard for some people, but it does make it quicker. Just remember that you can use either of those 2 "moisturizers" when you are excessively dry, just try not to use either daily.

Any eye cream is fine. Good luck with the Elastiderm. That was the only Obagi product that didn't do anything for me, unfortunately! I keep thinking about trying it again and sticking with it, as I only used it for 6 weeks, so I'll be watching your progress with it (especially if it helps your lids!!). Very Happy
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:13 am      Reply with quote
That's how long I have used the elastiderm eye cream too Riley, 6 weeks. I just bought another jar so will use that one up as well and keep you posted. Of course started it at the same time I started the Nuderm system with retin A, so will I know if it is that or the elastiderm eye cream or ???? I just hope it all works together, along with the Serum C to help.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, how are your Obagi faces today? I woke up to minimal flaking today, which seems odd since I used no moisturizer yesterday, might just be where my face is on this day.
Another question for you Riley, our experienced leader, Wink , do you use Obagi C-serums along with the system, or another C-serum? I just added that a couple of weeks ago, I know it is good for your skin but really don't know what all it does do, when I filled out the survery on the Obagi site, it receommended I use it along with my Nu-derm.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Hello everyone, how are your Obagi faces today? I woke up to minimal flaking today, which seems odd since I used no moisturizer yesterday, might just be where my face is on this day.
Another question for you Riley, our experienced leader, Wink , do you use Obagi C-serums along with the system, or another C-serum? I just added that a couple of weeks ago, I know it is good for your skin but really don't know what all it does do, when I filled out the survery on the Obagi site, it receommended I use it along with my Nu-derm.

I personally didn't care for Obagi C serums, so I used Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic with the system. I believe that particular one (Skinceuticals) helped fade my pigmentation faster (though I credit this with either the E and/or Ferulic acid and not the C as I have used a ton of topical C products and they never did anything visible for my skin). Topical C is an antioxidant that is supposed to help protect your skin from free radicals, and it has been shown to help collagen production.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Rilegirl, do you think it would be reasonable to substitute the NuDerm cleanser with the Rosaclear cleanser?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Rilegirl, do you think it would be reasonable to substitute the NuDerm cleanser with the Rosaclear cleanser?

Yes, it is fine (you can also use the C-RX cleanser and skip the toner). However, I was told that the Rosaclear cleanser has the exact same ingredients as the Nu Derm cleanser for dry skin! I bought the Rosaclear, but I can't remember what the Nu Derm cleanser for dry skin is like and I didn't check the ingredients out, so I can't tell you if that is true for sure or not!
Lucinders

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. I've just started my nu-derm this morning and am excited to start seeing results! I will revert in a few days to let you know how I am doing.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
buffy45 wrote:
Another question for you Riley, our experienced leader, Wink , do you use Obagi C-serums along with the system, or another C-serum?

I personally didn't care for Obagi C serums, so I used Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic with the system. I believe that particular one (Skinceuticals) helped fade my pigmentation faster (though I credit this with either the E and/or Ferulic acid and not the C as I have used a ton of topical C products and they never did anything visible for my skin). Topical C is an antioxidant that is supposed to help protect your skin from free radicals, and it has been shown to help collagen production.

Obagi is the first C serum I have tried, so don't have anything to compare it too, thanks for your reply Riley. The Skinceuticals sounds good.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
However, I was told that the Rosaclear cleanser has the exact same ingredients as the Nu Derm cleanser for dry skin!

Yes, the description sounds very similar!

I have just strated my second cycle ( I was supposed to start it long time ago, but forgot ))

I'm not sure if I should use the Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 as a sunsreen. Burnout Clear is probably a much more suited option...

buffy45 wrote:
Obagi is the first C serum I have tried, so don't have anything to compare it too, thanks for your reply Riley. The Skinceuticals sounds good.

I second that. Skinceuticals is much better than the Obagi C serums or Vivier. But I'm now using a Skinceuticals knock-off - Cosmetic Skin Solution Vit C+Ferulic, it is much cheaper with the same ingredients.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Keep us updated Lucinders and Sunshine.
Sunshine, did you do the full 18 week regimen the first time?
I am started week 7, sigh., it definitely is a love/hate situation so far with me and Obagi, some days I look in the mirror and love what I see, how soft my skin is, etc. Other days, I see worse wrinkles than before, I guess/hope that this is normal, what skin goes through before it peels off to reveal the new prettier, hopefully, less wrinkled skin underneath it.
The dryness, I HATE HATE the dryness, I have always had dry skin anyway and with this, it is so dry and tight, I can hardly stand it. Hopefully this part will start to correct soon.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Where is the best place to purchase the Skinceuticals for the best price?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Keep us updated Lucinders and Sunshine.
Sunshine, did you do the full 18 week regimen the first time?

No, I've only done it for 6 weeks. Raw skin and tons of flakes is not a very pretty sight Smile

Besides, I do not have hyperpigmintation, just 2 acne scars. So I was looking to achieve firmness and reduction in fine lines.Once I saw the results I stopped the torture. Smile

I bought my Skinceuticals CE Ferulic on Ebay and the Cosmetic Solutions CE Ferulic from their website:
http://www.cosmeticskinsolutions.com/
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |