Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FaceMaster
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo,
What do you mean when you said find a microcurrent device that doesn't make your face spaze out?

..do you mean that the currents on the facemaster and tuo visa were too strong for your face?

Why did you return the facemaster? How long did you use the tuo visa before realizing it was doing nothing for you?

Hope you don't mind the questions..as I am interested in a microcurrent device...but have no experience with them..and you have had experience with two!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
I am eager to look at the info at the sites you posted.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
And...............do we know what one that will be? I found this one but the price is a bit up there but lower than anything I have found so far in my google search.

http://yourlizzy.com/micro-current-photon-non-surgical-face-lift-machine.html

I have this one - it just sits in my bathroom gathering dust. I find it really time consuming and awkward to use. After a while my arms really start to ache from holding up the probes. I think it's much better for giving someone else a treatment - it's hard to do it on oneself. I think I paid around $300 for it on Ebay.

I just recently purchased the Tua Viso - I think it works on the same principal as the other devices, it just doesn't have the separate probes - they are together on the device, which IMO makes it easier to use. As for the twitching and zapping I love it! The sensation from the TV is much stronger than from the microcurrent machine. I'm really hoping that all the twitching is exercising my facial muscles.

However, I'm not convinced that ANYTHING can fix sagging skin. I'll be interested to see how Kassy goes with the Face Master though.

Texas Star - thank you so much for your good wishes - they're much appreciated. I'm having my ovarian cyst removed on 15th April so I'm looking forward to getting my insides back to normal - now, if only I could fix that sagging on the outside!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Frodo,
What do you mean when you said find a microcurrent device that doesn't make your face spaze out?

..do you mean that the currents on the facemaster and tuo visa were too strong for your face?

Why did you return the facemaster? How long did you use the tuo visa before realizing it was doing nothing for you?

Hope you don't mind the questions..as I am interested in a microcurrent device...but have no experience with them..and you have had experience with two!

The facemaster didn't do anything for me and felt it was a waste of time and money. The tua viso made me feel uncomfortable when the area I was doing would twitch. Maybe that's suppose to happen. It only twitched when using it not afterwards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Frodo wrote:
And...............do we know what one that will be? I found this one but the price is a bit up there but lower than anything I have found so far in my google search.

http://yourlizzy.com/micro-current-photon-non-surgical-face-lift-machine.html

I have this one - it just sits in my bathroom gathering dust. I find it really time consuming and awkward to use. After a while my arms really start to ache from holding up the probes. I think it's much better for giving someone else a treatment - it's hard to do it on oneself. I think I paid around $300 for it on Ebay.

Keliu, whip that sucker out and try to follow along with this technique.. It will probably take you an hour or so to do the 3 recommended passes, but it might be well worth it.. (Rome wasn't built in a day dearie... Laughing )

http://wms1.streamhoster.com/lifelinem/wm9_300kbit_microcurrent.wmv

BTW, this is the routine I'm going to try with Face Master... Wink If that shows any promise, than I'll spring for a better device!

ETA: I love this video And many more are available for other gadgets!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

The facemaster didn't do anything for me and felt it was a waste of time and money. The tua viso made me feel uncomfortable when the area I was doing would twitch. Maybe that's suppose to happen. It only twitched when using it not afterwards.

My main problem with the TV was I couldn't mimic the same contraction on each side of my face, and it took forever and I got frustrated.

My 2nd attempt with the FM will be used with the principles from the above video link..

I want the true electrical stimulation, without the contraction.. (I'm already lopsided enough.. Embarassed )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
The video is excellent, great find Kassy, and the machine does seem to be on the same order as the Facemaster only the Facemaster is a home version.
Toby Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The video is excellent, great find Kassy, and the machine does seem to be on the same order as the Facemaster only the Facemaster is a home version.
Toby Very Happy

Exactly my sentiments.. Very Happy

I'm anxious to see if it does anything positive..

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend that is interested in selling a Facemaster for 50.00, pm me if you are interested. I think she used it for a couple of weeks and discovered she wasn't a gadget person. Rolling Eyes
Toby Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

http://wms1.streamhoster.com/lifelinem/wm9_300kbit_microcurrent.wmv

BTW, this is the routine I'm going to try with Face Master... Wink If that shows any promise, than I'll spring for a better device!

ETA: I love this video And many more are available for other gadgets!

I do already have this video (thanks to you, I think you posted it on another microcurrent thread) - plus I purchased an educational CD on how to do microcurrent facials from a beauty school - I still think the TV is easier to use. I actually like the contraction of the muscles that the TV provides - my microcurrent machine just gives a slight sensation of current, plus you have to use the gel with it. The TV doesn't require any gel. BTW I looked up what I paid for the machine - it was AUD$381 so that's only US$270. It's exactly the same machine that is sold on the yourlizzy website but is much cheaper on Ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
Frodo,

Jasminerosey, the Tua Viso does make your face contort all over the place - and the pull is amazingly strong. However, you can control the power, so you can turn it up and down. My reason for trying the TV was because I didn't like doing the facial exercises manually and was hoping I'd get the same results from using a gadget. I actually quite enjoy the sensation it gives, plus I find it quite relaxing to sit in front of the TV holding it in one hand with my face spazzing out of control! Who knows what the heck it's actually doing though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my FM and it should be here on Tuesday...Wish I would have saw your post before that Toby!!!! ha ha....

I am interested to see what it does for my face because all I need is just a little bit of umpf in this face of mine....with all those great reviews on the FM, I figured it can't hurt to try it out...if I don't like it, I like the fact I can return it to HSN.....

Oh lord, I cannot believe I am getting another gadget!! Laughing I swear, before I met you guys, I would have NEVER dreamed of getting all this stuff!!!!! My checkbook hasn't looked the same since joining last year.....but I am lovin every minute of it!! Bad Grin

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been tempted to get a Facemaster for years. I used to spend a lot of time on a forum on Suzanne Somers' website and there were a lot of good results posted there. I agree that Suzanne is looking a little scary these days, but I think that has more to do with some weird hair and makeup choices.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well...my FM arrived a day early! ha ha....the experiment starts..........

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the FM about 2 years ago, and after trying it a couple of times, it is now resting peacefully in a drawer!!
I found it really complicated and time consuming to use, and I never got to the point I could do it without a mirror. That, and the fact that I felt or saw no benefits, turned me off.
So, now I alternate quite happily between my "Buerer" (LLLT), and Dermawand...while I contemplate the purchase of a Baby Quasar!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I can see where it will be a bit time consuming in the beginning. I had to go step by step with the video last night, but it wasn't too bad...I have a medium sized mirror that I place near my computer and just paused the video after they demonstrated each step. I figure a week or so of doing that I should have the steps down and will be able to do it on my own without video.

Don't think I noticed much after first treatment but my face did feel very fresh and alive. I didn't mind the feeling it gave my muscles but there was lots of twitching and my fillings didn't bother me...It stated you may or may not feel the twitching but I felt it in nearly every spot I worked.

Now as far as I understand, the serum they sent along with the conductor solution can be used as a conductor as well? I can see where you may have to go through a lot of it and really, there must be something else that can be used as a conductor, something cheaper to purchase say at Walmart or Walgreens.....any ideas on that would be appreciated!

So first thoughts...the procedure wasn't half bad and I know once I get the hang of it I will feel more comfortable using it. Although once again my kids thought this was a bit bizarre!!
Will try their method for a while and see what happens...then I will try the manual and directions from the link Kassy provided, printed them off at work this past weekend. Nothing wrong with mixing it up to see what results I can obtain.....

Was wondering....would it be ok for me to continue Ageless along with using my FM?? I don't want to overkill.....

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Bren21,
Loulou has answered in her forum louiseannette.proboards.com that it is fine to use the tuo visa with Ageless, so I would imagine that it would be fine to use the facemaster with Ageless also.

SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I have experimented with the face master. It sort of puffed up my eyes a little bit, but not much else, so I sold it on ebay.
I gave it a few months.
About the conductor gel: Some of the gals on her site said aloe vera gel works or just plain water.
I tried it when I ran out, and it did work.

I like Suzanne...and think she means well, but her face master did nothing for me. Her diet did though!
I am thinking she looks kind of odd lately because she is having her entire face injected with something. I don't know that she is, but something is odd looking!
She looks puffed up, as if her kidney's arn't working or something. Maybe its the face master, it puffed up her face likes it did my eyes?
(I am new. Its sort of feels weird to just jump in and start talking, but I guess, what else does one do but just jump in?)Smile
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what this device is suppose to do. Can you use it on your 11's if you have botox? Does it stimulate the muscles?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the Facemaster is a muscle stimulation device. It is supposed to exercise the muscle via micro currents. I am not sure if you can use it with botox...but I have Juvederm in my NL's and more recently in my marionettes (big waste of cash by the way for the marionettes!! they are STILL there) and supposedly you cannot use it on fillers. I on the other hand have thrown caution to the wind and are using it where I have had fillers because that is where I need the help. As far as botox goes, the purpose of tox is to relax the muscle...it seems to me the Facemaster being a stimulator would be contradictory to what you are trying to accomplish with Botox....I could be wrong though!

sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I get it. Thanks Bren. I wouldn't use it near my botox. But could use it for the lower half of my face. do you think it is worth it?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Welcome:).....as far as being worth it, I have only done 2 treatments thus far and although I have not seen great improvement after 2, I like the way my skin feels after treatment. It does seem like it firms it up a bit and we will see if I can get some lift out of this after a few weeks. But so far I do like it....

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Post 5th treatment report with the FM and I do believe I see some tightening going on. Face does look and feel firmer...its looking "lifted" and quite youthful. Although its not totally BAM in your face lifted, it is enough to notice and my NL's and marionettes look decreased as well. I had a small problem area under my chin where my neck starts...skin was looking a bit lax. Now I can honestly say that area is tightening up and looks nearly 80% better which means the northern territory must be heading more north! I do have one tendon or something that seems a bit stubborn... So far no issues to report with my fillers and believe me, I have been using that sucker in my filler areas. Also, my lips look fuller and more upturned especially my upper lip as far as fullness goes, which I think is helping with my marionettes......have to say I am loving what I am seeing with my Facemaster and if this continues I will definitely be keeping this little bugger.
As far as ease of use goes...I have no problem. I watched the video a few times and went along with it, now all I need is the little pamphlet that shows the areas to do and I can do it sans video. I am sure I will have the moves down in no time flat and will be able to nix the paper as well. Takes me about 20-30 minutes yet though....but that's ok! As long as I keep seeing these good results.....

To be continued!!!!

Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Posting so i can watch this thread, I just got a facemaster and have used it three times. Jury is still out on my opinion, I'll be giving it a good run before I decide.
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, sorry for being gone so long. Is anyone getting better results with the FM? I'm looking for something to give my eyebrows a little lift.

Sun May 19, 2024 6:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |