Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FaceMaster
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
echoecho wrote:
Follow up:

I used the Facemaster tonight on the highest setting and it caused my left ear to start making pumping/thumping noises. It lasted for over an hour, not fun believe me, in fact very very worrying.

I'm now at a cross road, this device has given me so much: with a shorter chin, toned cheeks, and plumper lips which is something that has of course always appealed to me. All of that and without surgery. I dont want to use a machine that could possibly have health damaging affects no matter how well it works. I have botox done but this is much more important as it has to do with hearing.

What should I do?

So are you saying that you had thumping noises in your ear after you stopped using the machine? I don't know why that would happen and have never heard of anything like that happening to anyone else. I would definitely stop using the machine for a while. Next time you use it, use a lower setting and see how you go. Keep us updated.

The noises started towards the end of the treatment. It feels like it's coming from within the ear.

The thumping is still there even after waking up today so approximately seven hours later. Which is strange because when talking to Nurse on Call to get some reassurance they said it could last anywhere from a few minutes to hours but will only be temporary, they also said there is an artery near the ear which we can sometimes hear pumping and this might be the sound (doubt it though).

I searched the internet last night for Microcurrent side affects and this was not listed as one of them. It's really strange because no one else on this forum has had any related side affect.

I dont think it's the setting because during the first few uses it was used on the highest without the booties and it never gave me any issues. It wasnt until last night when using the device on the highest setting again that it happened.

I will take your advice and stop using it for a while, which is really unfortunate because the results might start to wear off but it's my hearing so dont really have much of a choice.

I'm really stumped for any ideas as to what could be happening.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
So when you spoke to Nurse on Call did they say what would have caused this to happen?

I just Googled "thumping sound in the ear" and there's allot of stuff there to read. Seems to be a fairly common complaint.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
So when you spoke to Nurse on Call did they say what would have caused this to happen?

I just Googled "thumping sound in the ear" and there's allot of stuff there to read. Seems to be a fairly common complaint.

I googled "ears microcurrent" and nothing at all cam up relating to it. I assumed people probably type in different names for it.

They didn't say what could have caused this to happen but what the nurse did say was that there is an artery behind the ear that we can hear sometimes, not the cause of it. If the noise continues well in to today I'll give them another call.

For now... I'm going to do the search as you wrote it and see what comes up.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Heres a diagram of the ear http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/hearing/tinnitus.htm note the facial nerve is right next to the cochlea. Maybe the affect that the microcurrent machine has over the facial nerve can cause issues with the cochlea resulting in Tinnitus which is a condition of the ear which causes an an abnormal noise in the ear to be heard? God it's so confusing. Embarassed

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Heres a diagram of the ear http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/hearing/tinnitus.htm note the facial nerve is right next to the cochlea. Maybe the affect that the microcurrent machine has over the facial nerve can cause issues with the cochlea resulting in Tinnitus which is a condition of the ear which causes an an abnormal noise in the ear to be heard? God it's so confusing. Embarassed

Tinnitus is a ringing in the ears - I don't think this would be your issue. You could have made a muscle in the ear start to spasm and that's what you're hearing. Don't panic, I'm sure it will settle down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
echoecho wrote:

Tinnitus is a ringing in the ears - I don't think this would be your issue. You could have made a muscle in the ear start to spasm and that's what you're hearing. Don't panic, I'm sure it will settle down.

I am starting to panic but it seems to have stopped, so will try not to. Dont know if it will start again or not. Your explanation sounds allot more likely than mine. I'm sure if everyone was having this problem there would be more information about it on the net. Thank you, I'll leave it for a while and then update when the noise is hopefully gone although at this moment it seems that anything that gives me dramatic results comes with side affects.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
How long do you think I should stop using it for before resuming?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
How long do you think I should stop using it for before resuming?

I'd leave it at least a week. Your face isn't going to fall apart in that amount of time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Good point. I just dont want to be in the position where the affects even if they are temporary ware off especially right before my birthday.

Although it of course would give the area a chance to heal if there is anything wrong with it. Also one good point is it would give me a chance to retest a few retired devices that seemed to do nothing for me. I will use the STOP tonight instead. Can you use the AALS after the STOP or vice versa without it cancelling one of the others out? I was using the AALS and then the FM?

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I have been using the Face Master for three months and it has worked miracles in toning my face up which I like, what I dont like is the new look it has given my cheeks.

I have come to the conclusion that while cheek bones look great on me, cheek muscles do not. In fact because of the way my face is shaped it actually makes me look aged. Accentuating my nosiable folds. Confused

Does any one know about how long it takes for the muscles to return too normal upon stopping usage of the Face Master?

P.s. I will be continuing to use it for the eyes, lips, jaw, and feathering as it has really helped those areas.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Anyone?

QueenBofOB
5% products discount

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 am      Reply with quote
It's strange how all of these different gadgets have different effects on different people.
I bought a FaceMaster a year ago because I was impressed by the results on the live models on ShopNBC and also the host. They all looked refreshed and relaxed.
I used mine every day for about 3 months faithfully, this past summer and discovered that I developed 2 large VERY noticeable dimples/holes in my chin that gave me an old lady appearance, at least 10 yrs older than I am (53). I was able to correct this by having Juvederm injected and thankfully 3 months later they haven't reappeared. But I did stop using the FM because of it and it didn't do squat for my formerly sagging jowls, either.
Since using my Led light (DPL and just ordered Lightstim) for almost 2 mos. I am VERY happy with the results and don't have any plans of trying microcurrent ever again. I'm really hoping to replace the injectables with Led therapy, so far so good.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi QueenB and other FM users,

So you feel the LED is in fact giving you some lower face improvement? Any double chin or under jaw issues with you and if so has LED helped? I am looking into Skin Dream but so far have not seen any lifting evidence on people.

For all of you familiar with FaceMaster, it seems that this can target the muscles that cause downturned mouth and sagging mid cheeks that cause NL's more than the Tua's . Is that true? I too have had Myotonology and this does seems similar, just not as strong. I also did not see results even with the Myo for my lower face. Great for eyes and defining cheekbones though! I was having weekly treatments for while. It is expensive.

I am fighting the pull to come to the conclusion that surgery is the only thing that will give me back the cleaner angles of youth and the prettiness I miss. My friends who have done it do look great. I can see the tell tale signs but it is the trade off. I just don't have the money for a face lift and it is risky. I had my eyes done and I wish I had taken another route to fix things. Wrinkles are fine but I actually don't have any at 55 so that is not my focus. My skin is not loose either. I am the kind of face that pouches down below and flattens everywhere else. I also don't have a prominent jaw and those faces seem to age better in profile at least (one reason for all implants we see these days I guess). Scalloped jaw line, cheek and mouth area flatness, longer square lower face, double chin and the loss of the right angle at under jaw to neck junction, down turning mouth corners is robbing me of my looks. You can't see past this stuff. At least I can't. It makes such a statement. I mean who can can smile all day! That seems to be the only way to hide it. But here is another problem. I also have strong muscles to my face and the lower face is a challenge. I can't build there because it makes my smile tight and small. So how do I lift that jowly mushy stuff without creating tighter thicker muscles to sides of my mouth besides cutting? I don't want to look fuller there. I am full enough as it is. I would love to look hollow there to tell you the truth. That would be better! Oh and by the way I am not overweight.

Facial exercises are a problem there too. So far for me the best facial exercise results for the lower face has been Facercise because it does not build to the lower cheeks and inhibit my smile, but still not enough improvement on jowls and double chin. In all fairness I do have to say I am not horribly bad off. I look way younger than my age but I can see the direction things are going. When I am tired I look horrible too and to my eye very much my age. Also I started drinking coffee because I am so busy. Only one cup on some days but I think it might age us. What do you guys think?
havana8

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
So you feel the LED is in fact giving you some lower face improvement? Any double chin or under jaw issues with you and if so has LED helped?

I'm not sure how significant the sag she is referring to but I ran across this comment from Marta on TIA regarding her experience with LEDs and sagging:

Amongst the best things I have found so far are LED light (especially for sagging – but it is something you need to keep up with)…
http://truthinaging.com/dear-marta/do-anti-wrinkle-creams-really-work

Not sure if you have seen these threads but some have expressed seeing lift and/or improvement in the jowl area with the Yamuna Ball and/or the Safetox device.

HTHs! Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
mommydearest wrote:
So you feel the LED is in fact giving you some lower face improvement? Any double chin or under jaw issues with you and if so has LED helped?

I'm not sure how significant the sag she is referring to but I ran across this comment from Marta on TIA regarding her experience with LEDs and sagging:

Amongst the best things I have found so far are LED light (especially for sagging – but it is something you need to keep up with)…
http://truthinaging.com/dear-marta/do-anti-wrinkle-creams-really-work

Not sure if you have seen these threads but some have expressed seeing lift and/or improvement in the jowl area with the Yamuna Ball and/or the Safetox device.HTHs! Smile

I've been faithfully using my AALS for almost 4 1/2 years and can tell you from my experience it will NOT "correct or reverse" a sagging lower face.. (Neither will the facemaster in my experience.)

What I will tell you with the utmost honesty & certainty is that the AALS will put a real halt on future sag & give you the prettiest skin of your life.

Lets face it, as long as we are breathing, the aging process continues.. There are certainly things you can do/use on your own to slow the hands of time to a crawl, but the only quick fix or reversal of severe sag would be surgery and/or fillers..

At just shy of 62 I am happy to say I am happy with the subtle improvements I've been able to achieve at home, and I'm more than happy to have just slowed to a crawl, the dreaded aging process.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy-what is the AALS?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Hi Kassy-what is the AALS?

It's a hand held LED device for at home use.. BIG and ongoing commitment of your time for good results..

Here's a thread I started on it about 4 years ago;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

If you read the 1st 5 pages and the last 10 pages you'll probably know if it's for you.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 28, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |