Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't mean to scare everyone about castor and emu oil but that is what i have read on EDS and the GoW forums. i did a quick search and found this:

Quote:
Studies in which Emu oil was applied to mice demonstrated that the topical application of emu oil increased the synthesis of DNA in the epidermis which is a measure of increase in the proliferative activity of the epidermis. The increase in pigmentation and hair of animals receiving emu oil demonstrates that the topical application of emu oil can stimulate melanogenesis and hair follicle development and growth. The histological analysis demonstrating an increase in the thickness of the epidermis and size and length of the hair follicle provides strong evidence that the topical application of emu oil stimulates skin growth, hair growth and induces the proliferation of the cells around the hair follicle.

from http://www.hairloss-research.org/emu.html

i don't mean to imply that emu will cause everyone to grow beards but i am a little hairy and don't want to stimulate any more follicles! lol.

in regards to castor oil, it has been used since ancient times for hair growth and has been discussed on EDS a few times.
Kris

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
L'oreal, Olay for me
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I didn't mean to scare everyone about castor and emu oil but that is what i have read on EDS and the GoW forums. i did a quick search and found this:

Quote:
Studies in which Emu oil was applied to mice demonstrated that the topical application of emu oil increased the synthesis of DNA in the epidermis which is a measure of increase in the proliferative activity of the epidermis. The increase in pigmentation and hair of animals receiving emu oil demonstrates that the topical application of emu oil can stimulate melanogenesis and hair follicle development and growth. The histological analysis demonstrating an increase in the thickness of the epidermis and size and length of the hair follicle provides strong evidence that the topical application of emu oil stimulates skin growth, hair growth and induces the proliferation of the cells around the hair follicle.

i don't mean to imply that emu will cause everyone to grow beards but i am a little hairy and don't want to stimulate any more follicles! lol.

in regards to castor oil, it has been used since ancient times for hair growth and has been discussed on EDS a few times.
Kris

Thanks a lot for this clarification -- I've noticed my face getting ever so slightly hairier since my younger years, so it's good to keep an eye on this. I don't like emu oil so I don't have to worry about that one, and OCM with castor oil breaks me out... but I never would have even KNOWN about the hair growth factor if it weren't for EDS!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Anything skincare product from Estee Lauder and Cetaphil with SPF content is on my no no list!!! Too much allergic reaction with my skin. Those products DO NOT like me! Sad
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Clinique
Shiseido
Murad
Proactive
Estee Lauder
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Skin care has bha,several time it makes me have acne.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

Quote:

Kris

OMG!!!! Shock
I was considering trying both Emu oil and OCM, but I`m a bit hairy too, so think I`ll better keep away from them. Speak to the hand
Northerngirl, you will not become hair from taking castor oil your mom gave you, but if you will be treating for ex. your eyelashes with it, they are supposed to become thicker and stronger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
thank you, skincareaddicted, for letting us know!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh...what a waste of money perricone was...I bought the whole line..even the lip stuff... Embarassed
Lou
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny about Perricone as I have a friend who loves the Perricone (that she can afford Mad ). I told her she should look on Ebay to buy more as that's how I am able to "afford" Leaf & Rusher.

But I have read many negative reviews online of the Perricone line...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder for me. First time I purchased something, I had an allergic reaction and took it back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
For me it is CPs. There are lots of people for whom CPs work, unfortunately I am not one of them.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
i don't like clinique lotion, it never really sinks in skin
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:43 am      Reply with quote
for me it`s cheaper "mass-market" lines- L`oreal, Nivea and Garnier. Especially Garnier! - like putting vaseline on your face!
needless to say, they do nothing...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
this trend is very useful. Thx!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Emience Organics and Dr. Hauschka are on my NO GO list!! Amoung a ton of others not worth mentioning...
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
clinique 3 step,its smell is so terrible
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Landcome is awful... clinique as well.. just bad!!

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried sooo many different products, but things seem to stop working for me after awhile, as if I become immune to their benefits. Tried the Olay microdermabrasion kit, junk, did nothing, smelled like orange cleaner. I used the Clinque 3 step, it also did not work well, the astringent was way too strong,and broke me out. I did use their bar soap for the acne prone and it worked for a while, then stopped. I do love the coverage of their (Clinique)foundation.I use that to cover my freckles on my nose and t area. I also like their daily defense spf cream. I tried the DDF glycolic toner and hated it,it smelled like rubbing alcohol,and was too harsh. I loved Proactive for the first 6 months of use,then I think I needed to take it down a notch as it started to dry out my face. I still like their toner though. It gives you a nice smooth look and glow and smells good, but the repair cream stains colored sheets and towels, we use white sheets now anyways...lets see, Olay foaming face wash is gentle and gets off the eye makeup, but needed additional acne treatment for blackheads and all. Now I am buying a Tua Viso for my skin, and hope that will bring some firmness in, since I just turned 30, and have some mild ageing. My main problem is sun damage,or freckling, whatever you call it. I tried Retin-a and liked it ok, but does get some irritation, tried the Retin-A micro, and I did not like it at all. Hydroquinone cream worked for me in 2000, but I think it messed with my pigmentation since before I never had dark freckles, and now I have alot more,could be age? Who knows. I like Revlons shimmer lipstick. It is the most moisterizing. But I have been too scared to try too many others since this one works. I love Mary Kaye revitalizing eye gel. I do not put wrinkle creams on my eyes,they burn no matter what brand I use. I love Mary Kaye eye shadows only, and the rest of the products break me out,or do nothing. I use Maybelines Volume mascara. It is my favorite and has been for years now. I am interested in that eye lash growth stuff, revitalash is it? As for my acne, I have learned NOTHING will work unless I do my part and drink tons, tons, of water and sometimes add lemon juice.(Speaking from experience of using accutane, several meds.)OH, and the main reason I wanted to write, I tried that expensive(to me anyways) Strivectin S.D, and I could say maybe, if you stared hard enough at my tummy, you could say they faded slightly,I still have red ones that have not gone away. Sooo, I think I would have kept that 130. dollars. That is how much it cost me at Ulta beauty salon then. I tried Avenos face bar, and it feels good, but nothing special. I tried Ambis face bar and it really dried my skin so I left it alone. I think it is not to be used on caucasian skin? Not sure on that. I tried Murads beauty pills that claimed to give you collagen and youthfulness in your skin, well I didnt stick to it long enough because it seemed my face started to break out simultaniously.Don't know if the two are linked or not. I did not want to find out, so I threw it away. I tried Neutrogenas copper cream, and it did not work, I did notice my face got more hair, since I think copper peptides makes your face hair grow. Don't quote me on that- not sure. I used alot of drugstore items obviously and most really never worked. I have learned that good quality skincare products are not in Wal-greens. Also knowing that what works for you may not work for me. I had dermabrasion at the plastic surgeons office and loved that, but for 100. a session, and multiple sessions at that, I am not rich. I would like to find something made with natural based ingredients, or something non cancer causing to make my complexion even, with no freckling anymore. Eating healthy and drinking water,exercise, taking herbs and supplements are your baselines for beauty and then, well maybe like most, I will be in search for that miracle in a bottle.
apple886
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I hate Clinique, the staff is so hard sell and no effect in my skin
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Pantene anything.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would add this product to my no, no list:

I received 2 generous sample tubes of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Dry-touch Sunblock, SPF 70 when I ordered something else, and I saved it till I knew I'd be in the sun for a longer period. Well, we went to my nephew's Cub Scout fishing derby Sunday, about an hour's drive away, and I rubbed the sunscreen on my arms before we left the house. It went on nice enough, looked a little white, but seemed to absorb; just as we were arriving at the derby, I noticed that everywhere my arms had touched the pale gray leather upholstery, steering wheel, doors, console, etc., it looked as if I had marked on them with soft, white chalk and that in the bends of my elbows, the lotion had creased, and was flaking off, making even more of a mess.

I may take it on my hiking trips and apply it just before we start to hike and then wash my arms before I get back into my car, but I'm not sure I'll buy anymore.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I hate Clinique and Smooth E.
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say NO NO NO to Chanel and Clique! Sad
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Quote:

Kris

OMG!!!! Shock
I was considering trying both Emu oil and OCM, but I`m a bit hairy too, so think I`ll better keep away from them. Speak to the hand
Northerngirl, you will not become hair from taking castor oil your mom gave you, but if you will be treating for ex. your eyelashes with it, they are supposed to become thicker and stronger.

wouldnt this problem apply to those taking MSM as well? so is that on the NONO list too?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |