Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, Like cubancurls, I'm wondering about the longterm effect of using a device like this. At some point do you have to apply more and more suction? Thank you! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Jolie lip pump for 2 weeks. It does work, but my lips slowly deflate to normal - not by the end of the day, but within an hour. Rather defeating the purpose if I wanted to have bigger lips for an evening out or something. I'd have to take the device into the ladies room and pump every 30 min. Laughing

I'm wondering though, if the effect would last longer if I were taking the collagen supplements? Or perhaps would the plumping effect last longer the more often I pumped, like lip exercises of a sort?

I like the way my lips look afterward mainly because the lines above them seem a bit diminished. Anyone have some "long term" experience with Jolie or LL they can share?
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry, but I just can't read through 46 pages of replies. Would one of you knowlegeable ladies help me select some oral HA from this site? It seems there are 3 types of HA; one made from chicken sternums, one made from hen combs, and the last made from HA sulfate, a vegetarian option (preferable).

Thanks in advance for help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I have both the Jolie Lip Plumper and the Lusious Lips Device. I much prefer the Jolie Lip Plumper by far! I use it about three or four times a day and find that my lips are staying plumper longer, I even notice the difference when I wake up in the morning. The Lusious Lips Device does not plump up your lips any more or make the plump last any longer and it is made of a hard plastic and gets red dye on your face. I find that the Jolie Plumper is made of rubber and conforms to my face much better and does not mess up my makeup when I refresh the plump during the day and it is much cheaper!!
mirre

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I tried reading through as many of the entries on this thread as possible. However I read slow, my eyes are terrible and well, there are 46 pages lol.

I stumbled upon this site while trying to research collagen supplements that I had seen in the store recently.

I was just wondering of the ladies who have been using HA supplements, other than lip plumping, have you noticed any other affects? I know one lady told of how a scar on her nose changed, and dry feet were considerably affected. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed results to fine lines, stretch marks or other scars, or any changes to any other areas of the body?

I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Renea wrote:
I recently tried a product...called Synthovial 7, and it's pure Hyaluronic Acid. It seemed to work great for me, but I was wondering if you guys are getting better results than myself by using HA products with Collagen II? Also have any of you tried any of these other products with HA?
Renea - I can’t speak for the others, and I while I haven’t tried any of the products you specifically listed, in the early days of my search for the ultimate lip plumper – before I discovered that the secret was taking the HA/Biocell Collagen Type II supplements orally – I tried rubbing a pure HA serum on my lips and it did absolutely nothing, other than made my lips feel really dried out, like it was sucking all the moisture out of my lip tissue, which is bizarre because hyaluronic acid is supposed to be a humectant that is supposed to help attract moisture and seal it in.

Anyway, my personal feeling is that applying any type of HA product *topically* to your lips is a waste of time. I think that your best bet is to get yourself some HA supplements and try it for yourself. The trick is the make sure that you take a HA/collagen supplement with “Biocell Type II” collagen in it – that’s the ingredient that gives the single most dramatic results. Also, you have to make sure you take enough of it – it has to be at least 50mg of hyaluronic acid per day, but you know all this because you took notes, right?! Wink Seriously, though, if it’s gonna work for you, you should start to see results within the first 24-48 hours.

Since these supplements did not work for every single person who tried them (although the majority did see results), you may not want to order a huge supply of them right away. If you’re in the U.S. and have a Whole Foods store near you, you might just want to go there and buy a bottle of Source Naturals Hyaluronic Acid supplements (they’ll be in the “joint health” section of the vitamin/supplements aisle) to try at first. Then, if they don’t work for you, you can return them to Whole Foods for a refund. But if they *do* work for you, then I highly recommend ordering them online (I got a great deal atwww.iherbs.com) because you can find some really great prices (i.e.: twice the amount of pills for the same price you paid at Whole Foods).

Other benefits that some EDS members have seen from taking HA/collagen are: relief from chronic dry/chapped lips, plumping up of fine lines/wrinkles in under eye area, and dry, flaky, nasty, calloused, scratchedy old feet have become markedly smoother. Basically, it’s like these HA/collagen supplements are ‘intelligent’ enough to identify the areas in your body that need more moisture or plumping, so that’s where they go to work first....

If you try the supplements, please let us know how it goes for you.

Good luck!
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I re-posted CareKates post for you as it has a link to iherb where she purchased the type recommended, as well as listed the brand. I haven't tried this yet as I just joined in August and Soooo much to try!

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi;

I was wondering - did anyone using the HA capsules notice any change in the eyelid area? Can it add more collagan there? Because my eyelids are too droopy and I cannot see the lower ones - I hate the way that looks and I'm wondering if any of you have experience that would indicate that HA will remedy this for me?
It owuld mean alot to get an answer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:
Hi;

I was wondering - did anyone using the HA capsules notice any change in the eyelid area? Can it add more collagan there? Because my eyelids are too droopy and I cannot see the lower ones - I hate the way that looks and I'm wondering if any of you have experience that would indicate that HA will remedy this for me?

I am soooooo glad you asked this, I have the same issue and started the thread best really best eye cream that is lifting, so far not much but temporary results for most, I just didn't think about the HA for eyes!
Thanks for posting, I will be anxiously waiting for answers with you!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Andrea38 wrote:
Hi;

I am soooooo glad you asked this, I have the same issue and started the thread best really best eye cream that is lifting, so far not much but temporary results for most, I just didn't think about the HA for eyes!
Thanks for posting, I will be anxiously waiting for answers with you!

DM

Well Ladies, I've been taking HA caps for approx. 6-7 weeks now and I certainly have not seen any improvement in my upper lids. I wasn't looking for it to work there, but I definitely would notice a change. I don't know, maybe I haven't been taking it long enough?? As far as lip plumping, it's strange. I can "feel" that they are plumper but I don't really "see" it. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird,
That was the impression I got reading the original thread, then people would sometimes have peeling (not bad) and after a while they saw the plumping! I have to get some to add to my ever growing list of supplements. People also noted color returning to that of childhood, nice if it works. Keep us posted.

TIA
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Songbird,
That was the impression I got reading the original thread, then people would sometimes have peeling (not bad) and after a while they saw the plumping! I have to get some to add to my ever growing list of supplements. People also noted color returning to that of childhood, nice if it works. Keep us posted.

TIA
DM

Too busy to read whole of thread. Please, what do you mean by 'color returning to that of childhood'? Hair? Eyes? Lips?

I'd sell my soul (well not quite!) just to get rid of grey hair...

Also, not clear on whether the overall consensus is that of 'HA does plump lips'!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
semayden,
Sorry on the thread many noted LIP color returning to the rosy lip color of childhood taking the HA! I wish it would bring back pigment to the hair, I am also sick and tired of dying mine, but with mixture of almost black and loads of snow white, I am stuck with coloring my hair!

Hope that clarifies things!

DM
ETA
My brain is on overload! Forgot to mention that yes people reported plumping with continued use of HA and HA+collagen. I haven't had time to try it yet myself but this is what was posted on the thread. I will try it as soon as I het a chance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
semayden,
Sorry on the thread many noted LIP color returning to the rosy lip color of childhood taking the HA! I wish it would bring back pigment to the hair, I am also sick and tired of dying mine, but with mixture of almost black and loads of snow white, I am stuck with coloring my hair!

Hope that clarifies things!

DM
ETA
My brain is on overload! Forgot to mention that yes people reported plumping with continued use of HA and HA+collagen. I haven't had time to try it yet myself but this is what was posted on the thread. I will try it as soon as I het a chance!

Thanks DarkMoon for the quick reply. God bless you and yours... Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
semayden,
You are welcome, I just wish it was better news on the hair color! But the plump pink lips sound nice!
DM

5% products discount

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I picked up a bottle of H.A. yesterday. I took 100 mg. last night and this morning. So far nothing. I needed a boost of collagen because of the retin-a I put under my eyes. oh boy don't try that! Can't wait to see if my lips get plumper too. 45 and a mess -I'll try anything Sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
howdy59,

I don't think many things would show overnight results unfortunately! I think it takes a little while and will be different for each individual as to how fast it kicks in, just the impression I got reading the thread.

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I think I might of picked up the wrong one. Mine doesn't have the collagen type II in it. Crying or Very sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
howdy59,
It has been a while since I read the entire thread but as I recall carekate started with just HA supplements then added the collagen II as a separate supplement later to kick it up, I can't swear 100% but I am pretty sure that is the way she had to buy them to use both.

HTH
DM
ETA I saw Dr. Oz by chance on TV sometime within the last 2 weeks and he was discussing skincare, collagen supplements were brought up as a question. His response was it is very fragile and our stomach acid destroys it before it gets to any part of the body as a supplement. You may want to save some money and use just the HA or investigate his statement further.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
ok, so this is what the guy at vitamin world recommended that I take and I'm not sure if this is right or not- hydrolyzed Collagen 1,200 mg. contains 10% H.A. acid (120mg)-bottle says to take 3 a day. Hope this is right - cost over 20 bucks. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate any help.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
As far as the collagen I am inclined to take a doctors word over a salesperson (in regards to it's usefulness as a supplement) but it can't hurt you. When I get a chance to pick some up or order I think I might just use HA alone.
Here is the link to HA on iherb the brand Carekate recommended is Source Naturals, there are 3 pages of HA alone on the site so I can only link to first page.

http://www.iherb.com/Hyaluronic-Acid
HTH

IMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone interested in taking collagen supplements may want to read this:

http://www.paulabegoun.com/2009/01/05/drinking-collagen-liquid-youth-or-the-latest-anti-wrinkle-gimmick/

I know the author isn't a medical doctor, but she does back up her article with scientific research. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I trust Paula's research in most areas -- she does her homework (unlike the celeb MDs who give opinions based on guesses and anecdotes rather than research).

I don't know if ingesting collagen helps, and can't say it's done much for me, but it's not expensive -- well, the capsules aren't -- and I'm giving it a 6-month try.

My own impression, having tried a lot of the plumpers out there, is that the best thing you can do for your lips is to stop using lipstick and chapstick and to apply moisture to your lips as frequently as you can. That's all that many of these overpriced lip serums do - keep your lips moist. And of course, drink plenty of water.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa,
Actually that is the first time I ever saw Dr. Oz, I like to research myself to find out information from valid research sources. I just mentioned it as I keep an open mind and did suggest that people look into it further. The web has a wealth of information as well as misinformation, this leaves us with the choice to do some digging to see what may and may not work.

IMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know much about Oz -- have seen a few minutes on Youtube -- seems like a smart guy, good self-promoter, no knocks on him for that. I expect he has a crew of people helping him do research for whatever programming he prepares, but where he (and others) get into trouble is when answering unscripted questions. He pauses, then punts. It's good entertainment, but science it aint.

I think if there were a surefire way to increase lip volume, everyone would know about it and this debate would be over. Meanwhile, we're all spending megabucks in search of the latest miracle, and who's going to complain about that?
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |