Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Red, Where do you get the Rexall? I will try that next. Do you have the ingredients of that as well?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Hi Red, Where do you get the Rexall? I will try that next. Do you have the ingredients of that as well?

Hiya Laura,

I get the Rexall from Walmart. I think it's probably not too different from the kind that Walgreen's has. It's powder in a capsule, just straight HA, no collagen.

I tried Jarrow HA once, which was also powder in a capsule. It had collagen in it, but I honestly didn't see any more results with it than I do with plain old HA.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I like Kielh's
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just checking in to say - I stopped taking the HA caps, because my lipfusionX arrived, and I wanted to try it alone.

So I guess I've been using it alone. Just at night for about five nights, maybe.

WOW.

I am amazed. I love this stuff and dont ever want to run out!

It's how I would expect to look if I'd had my lips 'done' for £300.

Really thrilled. Smile
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Red. I think I will try that next. I am not getting the results I want yet. Sad Maybe in time. I am 38 years old and my knees are sooo bad. So maybe the HA is going to other places first. I seriously would not doubt it.
I guess I should buy the lip plump like the rest of you. I just told my husband about it. He thinks we are all so silly. He thinks I look fine the way I am. Oh but this is for me I tell him. How I wish my upper lip was plump. At least now when I smile I can see SOME lip. Ha ha. Before I would see a straight line. So there's something!!

Did I tell you all I came back from Arkansas with my husbands 3 year old Grandson. We are going to be adopting him. The state granted us custody. Sad but happy at the same time. I refuse to let aside my lip plumping adventure just because I am taking care of a 3 year old...ha ha. My kids are 12 and 13 so they help out (Hubby too) so I can sneak on the computer from time to time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Catski
I guess I better try some lipfusion too. Do you have any before and after pictures?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl? I've probably read it somewhere, in some thread or earlier in this one, but do you take HA capsules for your lips? And did it work for you? Thanks..
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Scalawaggirl? I've probably read it somewhere, in some thread or earlier in this one, but do you take HA capsules for your lips? And did it work for you? Thanks..

Yes, I do. I've been taking Source Naturals Skin Eternal HA but just switched over to NSI as I use their supplements for almost everything else.

I also am a regular user of copper peptides (goes on lips, too), DMAE (as well on lips), Luscious Lips (pull 3x top/3x bottom for 6 seconds each twice a day) and lastly the LF XL. My lips are looking quite lovely these days and I'm very happy w/the above combo.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait until my birthday, so I can get some copper peptides!

I *thought* I was buying DMAE at Whole Foods last week, but at the last moment the acronym escaped me, and I ended up getting...DHEA. I'm not entirely sure what it does. The word "metabolite" is in there somewhere, so it must be a good thing.

Laura -- congrats on adopting the grandson! My husband lived in Arkansas when he first came to America.

Just give the HA time. I have the same problem -- it mostly goes to my uneven hips -- but I kept at it, and I see a bit of plumpness. I doubt anyone else can really tell, since my lips aren't small to start with. I wish I could get the results from LF XL that Catski is getting! *rife with jealousy* Laughing

Speaking of which -- before/after pictures would be AWESOME!! Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Wow!!

I pumped my lips up before leaving for work. Just now, about 40 minutes later, I went into the bathroom, and my lips are still plump! I think it's a definite that 5-second pulls work for me. That, and my "trick" of pulling the entire device, thus pulling my entire mouth.

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I am beginning to see real visible evidence that the LF XL is working!

Last night I pumped my lips up (I get a better, longer-lasting result if I make sure that my ENTIRE mouth goes into the device -- kinda scratches, though), then I exfoliated with baking soda and toothbrush, then I applied LF XL. (I had also been using LI Xtreme, and the regular kind with cinnamon leaf oil added throughout the day.) When I woke up in the middle of the night, I applied more LF. This morning I woke up with my bottom lip rather puffy! Smile

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy!! My lips are staying plump! It's been almost four hours since I first plumped them, and I've topped up once, just a bit. I guess the pump peeps were right -- it DOES start to last longer as you go!

My lips are going to look so good tomorrow at Thanksgiving -- of course, the only drawback is, my family will ask me what's "wrong" with my lips. They think that being related gives them liscense to ask impertinent questions! Ah well, gotta love them. Cool

Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought about the HA caps: while they don't make me look like Angelina Jolie, I do think they help a bit. The rest of my skin has improved, too (people have mentioned dry skin on feet, etc). They seem to help with slight lip-plumping starting about an hour after taking them. So I no longer bother taking them at night - just first thing in the morning. Since it's not cumulative, there seems to me to be little point in taking them overnight. Cheaper, too...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Red, what do you think is the main procedure that is causing the plumping? Do you think it is the Rexall? The lip plumper Lucious Lips, or the lip fusion etc...???

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Red, what do you think is the main procedure that is causing the plumping? Do you think it is the Rexall? The lip plumper Lucious Lips, or the lip fusion etc...???

I'm not Red, Laura, but I think the Luscious Lips conditions our puckers to plump and stay that way with the use of other things like HA (this helps w/joints, dryness and a host of other things besides plumping lips - my knees don't crack much anymore since I've started this). The Lip Fusion XL is a topical that plumps (works for me, too) but it is definitely temporary. In other words, I think all of these things work together to help the lips look their best.

Not to compound the matter but there's another thread about a product that might be a good addition to the routine:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175627#175627

I'm going to try it out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Well, my plump is lasting.. I haven't timed it tho, but quite awhile... That helps, doesn't it...LOL

They still go down some after using the pump, but are keeping more and more...

I have to tell you about my BRILLANT idea...LOL

I had the bright idea to try to plump the sides.. I'm just not happy with the way they don't plump up.. Soooooo, about 5 days ago, I took the pump and moved it to the sides of my mouth.. Now this was tricky, because it isn't made to fit that part of your face.. But I did it.. I didn't hold the pull long at all, 2-3 seconds, as in conditioning.. After the first time doing this, within an hour tops, I had bruises on both sides of my mouth... One on the top side of my lip, the other on the bottom lip, other side...LOL I laid off for a day, then did it again.. The bruises didn't get worse, whcih was good.. They are almost gone.. I just make sure to NOT get as good of a suction going on... It seems to help plump the sides, for me anyway.. If you do it tho, be CAREFUL!

I wished tho it would have made my mouth wider, so I would have had to get the Jolie lips...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

I agree with Scalawaggirl -- the lip pump helps other things work. Since I've been using the pump, LipFusion and Lip Injection have begun to actually do something for my lips. Not enormous results, but SOMETHING, and it seems to get better. I am the slowest of the slow, apparently, but I think my lips are learning!

Kiki -- I will have to try that! Although, I seem to be able to plump my entire mouth in the usual way, using the pump. But, if I plump the sides too...maybe my plump will last longer!

It definitely takes me less and less pulling to get my plump. I pulled three times at five seconds each this morning, and my lips blew up promptly. My husband and I are staying here with my mom for Turkeyday, so of course she got all dramatic. "What is wrong with your lips?????????????" Dear me. Older people from the country are SOOO afraid of anything different!! Rolling Eyes

Sorry. That probably wasn't very nice...

So, I haven't pumped too much today. I think I will, before we go to the movies! Very Happy

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Thanksgiving lip plumping friends!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was awesome. I know mine rocked the house! Laughing

Not too much change here in my lip pump adventures. I find that my plump lasts longer in the morning. During the day, when I replump, it doesn't last very long. It does last longer than before, though.

Last Saturday morning, I think it lasted about 45 minutes to an hour! So, still seeing a bit of progress.

I'm thinking about re-conditioning, because I read on the Luscious Lips forum that a couple of people re-conditioned and then started getting results.

This is my ninth week of use.

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I can tell that my lips ARE growing, bit by bit! I have been pumping them up prodigiously in the mornings, and today, hours later, I noticed that my lips were still somewhat plump! I can especially tell when I look at my profile in the mirror. Even now, in their natural state, they look larger, and my lip line has certainly expanded, particularly on the bottom lip.

So, in a couple more months, I will probably be able to keep them at the size that I want! Very Happy

MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I can tell that my lips ARE growing, bit by bit! ... So, in a couple more months, I will probably be able to keep them at the size that I want! Very Happy

Yay for you, Red! I'm so happy for you that you are seeing results!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Well I'm still plumping 3x a day,six 5-6 second pulls which lasts better than longer pulls. I can't remember exactly when I started this but I'm about a week behind Red Devil. I get a very nice temporary plump, which doesn't last too long, and I'm kind of tiring of the 3x-a-day thing. I admit I've been looking at some posts on Silikon 1000 (a permanent injectable) on some other forums.... tempting but the 'permanent' thing wigs me out.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Well I'm still plumping 3x a day,six 5-6 second pulls which lasts better than longer pulls. I can't remember exactly when I started this but I'm about a week behind Red Devil. I get a very nice temporary plump, which doesn't last too long, and I'm kind of tiring of the 3x-a-day thing. I admit I've been looking at some posts on Silikon 1000 (a permanent injectable) on some other forums.... tempting but the 'permanent' thing wigs me out.

I have heard that Radiance is semi-permanent (1-2 years) and is injectable. I think I read about someone else on here who had that done, and it cost about $600. I've read about a doctor here in Atlanta who is certified to perform these injections. Needless to say, the idea is still flitting about in my head! My biggest concern is that my mother would flip out!

Taleene

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I just recently joined this site however, I've been reading faithfully. I was wondering if anyone thinks there is a difference between the lip pumps? IGIA is much cheaper, do you think they are all the same? Also has anyone tried the new City Lips xtra strenght or something? Thank you ladies Very Happy
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've owned BOTH the IGEA and the LL.. They are EXACTLY alike...

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |