Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
TCA peel around the eyes for wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chabang
5% products discount

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello all, has anyone tried using a TCA peel around the eyes for fine lines? I saw a pic of an Obagi blue peel and noticed it was applied closely around the eyes, almost up to the lash line. I looked around on some forums like 'makeme heal' and seems some of the women over there have tried it with good results. I've decided that no cream will do anything but hydrate and I'm going to have to get aggressive if I want to do something about these crow's feet.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chabang,
I tend to agree with you -- although I keep hoping and trying that a cream or serum will eventually work.

I've never used a TCA peel, but I did use glycolic acid (50% ) on my under eye area about three weeks ago. I applied the ga and afterwards applied emu oil on the area. I did get some peeling for a few days. I didn't see any real improvements, but didn't think I would the first time. I'm planning on repeating the process.

ETA: I'm planning on purchasing the MD forte eye cream and the TNS night eye repair! Have you read that thread? Still hoping!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
chabang wrote:
Hello all, has anyone tried using a TCA peel around the eyes for fine lines? I saw a pic of an Obagi blue peel and noticed it was applied closely around the eyes, almost up to the lash line. I looked around on some forums like 'makeme heal' and seems some of the women over there have tried it with good results. I've decided that no cream will do anything but hydrate and I'm going to have to get aggressive if I want to do something about these crow's feet.

I'm using a 12% TCA and I have done it around my eyes twice now (not too close to the lashline, but on the lines around my eyes). Nothing noticeable at this time, but I am planning to continue with the TCA every 3-4 weeks for many months to see. (I was actually even thinking about getting a lower percent TCA cream and using it weekly to see if that would work!)

Good luck if you try it and please keep us posted if you get results or not!
chabang
5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I hadn't thought about using glycolic acid although that might be a good idea since less irritating (although probably less dramatic results also). 12% seems like a good place to start. Some of the women on makemeheal used 30% and 40%!! around the eyes. I think the 40% was administered in a doc's office though. I have some 25% TCA purchased from Original Skin Store. It may be too strong but I was thinking that if I just used one layer it would be allright. I'll let you know what results I get if I decide to do it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
chabang wrote:
I hadn't thought about using glycolic acid although that might be a good idea since less irritating (although probably less dramatic results also). 12% seems like a good place to start. Some of the women on makemeheal used 30% and 40%!! around the eyes. I think the 40% was administered in a doc's office though. I have some 25% TCA purchased from Original Skin Store. It may be too strong but I was thinking that if I just used one layer it would be allright. I'll let you know what results I get if I decide to do it.

I am with you. I am a little afraid of too high percent of TCA for home use. I think you probably would only need 1 layer at the 25%. Please do post results if you decide to try it!
sunlit
5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I got rid of those cross hatch fine lines under my eyes and completly rid of lines when smiling from using MD Forte Eye Rejuvination and the TNS Eye Cream. I use the MD Forte in the morning and TNS at night. I still want them to be firmer so I used a 30% Glycolic Acid Under my eyes a week ago and plan on doing it weekly for a few weeks to try to get the skin a bit firmer as well as using the other two products. My eyes are looking amazing though - back to when I was in my early 20's. If your going to use a peel under your eyes start with the 30% Glycolic and work your way up. My eyes can tolerate anything and never get irritated but even the 30% made them a bit red which surprised me!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
sunlit wrote:
I got rid of those cross hatch fine lines under my eyes and completly rid of lines when smiling from using MD Forte Eye Rejuvination and the TNS Eye Cream. I use the MD Forte in the morning and TNS at night. I still want them to be firmer so I used a 30% Glycolic Acid Under my eyes a week ago and plan on doing it weekly for a few weeks to try to get the skin a bit firmer as well as using the other two products. My eyes are looking amazing though - back to when I was in my early 20's. If your going to use a peel under your eyes start with the 30% Glycolic and work your way up. My eyes can tolerate anything and never get irritated but even the 30% made them a bit red which surprised me!!

Hi Sunlit,
I appreciate your post. As per the other eye care thread, I'm planning on purchasing the products you've mentioned. Hopefully, using the TNS and MD Forte plus doing glycolic peels, I can get my eye wrinkles under control!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
sunlit wrote:

That sounds like great results, sunlit. I went back to the TNS/MD Forte combo last night around my eyes. How long were you using the combo before you had such great results?
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
i've had about five 25% tca peels in total for scarring but asked my derm to apply some around the eye area, as i have some fine lines. i don't recall how many times we actually applied some to that area but i really didn't see any difference in that regard.
sunlit
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I used the MD Forte cream on it's own for a week or so with a little bit of improvement and then added the TNS when I got it as a sample. I think I used it for another 3-4 weeks (I bought a jar) before they were 90% gone and then it just got better and better until they were gone totally - only recently. I also use retin a once or twice a week under my eyes too.
chabang
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
The results you've had with MD and TNS sound amazing. I figured that it would cost around
150$ w/ shipping to get both products which is a little pricey for me right now. And that little bottle of TCA was calling my name so I took the plunge this morning since I was off work.
I washed my face and used an alcohol wipe for the upper and lower eye areas. I then used one of those cosmetic q-tips with a pointy end and applied some of my Kiehl's Imperiale eye balm (it's very thick...kind of a vaseline texture) right around the upper and lower lash lines of both eyes to protect them. I used the flat end of the Qtip to apply the 25% TCA peel. I just did one light layer on both eyes, upper and lower. I stayed about 1/2 away from the lash line. It started stinging immediately and the on the left eye, I got an immediate frost on the area below my brow. This is annoying because I don't think the peel will be equal depth on both eyes since the right eye area did not frost at all (stung alot though). Oh well, I wasn't going to do 2 layers so I waited about 4 minutes and then rinsed my face w/ ice cold water. 12 hours later it just looks crinkled and leathery. I've done several TCA peels on my face so I feel a little familiar w/ what to expect. I'll keep you updated on my results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
chabang wrote:
I just did one light layer on both eyes, upper and lower. I stayed about 1/2 away from the lash line.

Wow, you are brave! So, you did the eyelid, too? Good luck. I hope you get great results. I look forward to hearing how it goes!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
You certainly are brave, Chabang! I'm not sure I could try it on the eye lid. I'll also be interested in hearing about your results!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you know that my eye peel is done....all the flakies seem gone today. The skin around my eyes was tight and leathery for about 3-4 days then started peeling. It really didn't look bad. I keep the skin moisturized and kind of 'tacked' down the loose pieces starting to peel. Also I wore my glasses at work so that it wouldn't be as noticeable. I really like the results. The wrinkles are improved very slightly and the other thing I've noticed is that the crepey texture of my upper eyelid (you know when you pull on your eyelid to apply eyeliner and the skin looks all crepey and old-ladyish) has improved quite a bit. I know TCA peels stimulate collagen and help to tighten and thicken the skin so I'm hoping this will also improve. I plan to wait a month and then do again.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
That's good news, Chabang! I've taken the plunge and ordered the TNS but I'm holding off on the MD Forte for now. I'm planning on alternating the TNS and retin a while also doing some periodic glyolic peels on the under eye area.

I just don't know if I'm brave enough to do the
upper eye lid just yet. I would imagine I'd be wearing my glasses as well. Putting in contacts could be a little tricky!

Thanks for the update!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the update, chabang. I have to ask, though, how did the TCA feel on the lids? I just cannot imagine, as it stings well enough on my thicker skinned face!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chabang - congrats on the good results. I'm sure your results will improve as more weeks go by and the collagen builds up.

I've found that when I use TCA that my eyes really burn and water. Because of this, I've always been afraid to put it too close under the eye. Did you have any eye watering? Did you do anything special to avoid it?

TIA
chabang
5% products discount

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I did apply a thick eye balm (Kiehl's) right around the lash line with a q-tip before doing the peel just to be safe. My eyes didn't burn or water but the skin did a little. It really wasn't too bad though since I only applied one layer (which was enough to get a pretty good frost on the upper left eyelid/brow bone area). I've found when I use TCA peels that the first layer really doesn't sting that badly....it's the second or third layer that really intensifies the burn.
jbrooke
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend any undereye TCA peels? Has anyone tried Platinum Skincare TCA peels?

Thanks!
Jen
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |