Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

gap between each obagi nuderm 6 week cycle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Please can nay one tell me that how much gap do we have to give between each cycle of obagi nuderm...i am on my week 3 and once the 6 week cycle is completed,should i wait for some certain time period before starting the nex cycle of another 6 weeks ? plzzzzz someone help me.
thanks Smile
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
If this is your first time using obagi Nuderm than you should be doing the full 18 weeks that is what Dr.Obagi recommends. After that you go on maintenance.After a year you can do the 6 weeks or some of us do the 18 weeks again it is all about what your skin is looking like at that time.

Some questions:are you using the whole system or just the retin A. Are you using sunscreen?And are you seeing a doctor or did you order it yourself? If you are doing it yourself there are alot of threads that will be very helpful.We also have Rileygirl she is our expert on Nuderm and I'm sure she will be along shortly to help.Feel free to ask questions there is alot of ladies here that have done it and willing to help.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Leggy is correct. If you are just starting Nu Derm, then you go right through all 3 cycles without a break in between. You do a total of 18 weeks and then you go on maintenance.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
oh my Gosh u both are so helpful.....thank u soo much for ur information...i have another question...
I am now about to complete my 3rd week on obagi nuderm,,i am using the complete kit,,i never talked to any doctor about it,,,i bought this kit onlnie...i am using obagi for the first time and so far so good...i have already started seeing a difference in skin..i had a very very blotchy complexion and it has become 80 percent improved in these 3 weeks but i have heard that people get a very perfect skin by using this and perfection is not the case for me rigth now...do you think if i continue using it,it would be the same life changing experience for me as others...i do agree my skin tone is 80 percent better already but ofcourse there is redeness on my face a few pimples and some blotchiness now...
I am not using sunblock as i dont work and i stay at home.if i go out for grocery etc,then i do so at night...but plz tell me if i should use the sunblock even when i am home cuz ofcourse the lights are on:)
How log would it take for my skin to get prefect,,,i mean flawless Smile i am desperatley waiting for that miracle since my skin was amess before starting obagi...
Thank u soo sooo sooo much to both of you for help.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
maheen, I am not sure you will have perfect skin, but after 18 weeks on Nu Derm your skin should be looking very good. You will be very happy. You are very early on in the 18 weeks, so just keep on using the products every day as they are supposed to be used. I would say to use sunscreen daily, as even if you are indoors as light is getting in through your windows and you don't want to use hydroquinone and retin a without a sunscreen. Your kit should have come with sunscreen. It is going to be a long slow process. Some days your skin will look really good, and other days your skin will not, but at the end of your 18 weeks I would say your skin will have a great improvement!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
thanks alot Riley girl for your prompt reply...
Plz can u suggest another good sunblock for me...i hate the obagi one,it gives me a white residue...Is there another sunblock that looks very natural and less oily with a high spf and may be a pgysical sunblock..is there a good name in ur mind..

And yes you are right i should wait see,,,if my skin that was a total mess is already doing better in a matter of 3 weeks,,it means there is much more improvement time left...
Thanks alot !
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Also can i do the 24 weeks cycle instead of 18 weeks ? and can i also use it when i am pregnant since after completing the 18 to 24 week cycle,,,i m going to try having another baby..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I am not sure what physical sunscreen to recommend, but if you search through this forum, I am pretty sure there was a thread recently about favorite physical sunscreens. I use a sunscreen by 302 that I am finishing up and am not sure what I will be using next either!
(I'll see if I can find the thread and post the link back here for you.)

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I am sure you will get some names of sunscreens to check out in this link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31447
deborahecooper
5% products discount

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
My derm recommended Colourscience sunscreen to use with the Obagi...i react to some of the ingredients in Obagi. I really like the Colourscience and it is a physical block, so it will not cause a reaction and lasts all day. Super easy to use with the built-in brush and AMAZING price here at Essential Day Spa!!
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl, i cannot take the dryness anymore...after almost 8 weeks look like 80 year old lady, i ..... i just cannot take it anymore, cry.....
deborahecooper
5% products discount

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if anyone can tell me what the 'maintenence' for Obagi is? I've been using it for 2 months and love it. What do you use when you are not using the system?
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
deborahecooper wrote:
Wondering if anyone can tell me what the 'maintenence' for Obagi is? I've been using it for 2 months and love it. What do you use when you are not using the system?

i do know the maintenence

use obagi 2,3 times a week, and use the #3(clear)and #4 on different day.

deborahecooper, can i ask you if your skin feels dry?? do u use any moisture at all?

(i feel i am asking everybody this question these days....obagi drys me nuts now)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
rileygirl, i cannot take the dryness anymore...after almost 8 weeks look like 80 year old lady, i ..... i just cannot take it anymore, cry.....

hellenzqq, why don't you try to back off on the amount of products you are using and use your Blender/Retin A every other day for a while. Have you tried the Obagi Action? That is supposed to be used sparingly when your skin is very dry.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
deborahecooper wrote:

Normal Obagi maintenance:
Clear 3 days a week in the morning
Exfoderm 2-3 days a week (on alternate mornings from your Clear)
Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 nights a week.

On your "off" days when you are not using Obagi, you can use whatever you want!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Also can i do the 24 weeks cycle instead of 18 weeks ? and can i also use it when i am pregnant since after completing the 18 to 24 week cycle,,,i m going to try having another baby..

You can certainly do a 24 week cycle with Obagi.
I actually went for about 28 weeks before going on maintenance.

I would definitely check with my doctor in regards to using the products with hydoquinine in them and retin a during pregnancy. For me personally, I would not use them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
maheen1 wrote:

You can certainly do a 24 week cycle with Obagi.
I actually went for about 28 weeks before going on maintenance.

I would definitely check with my doctor in regards to using the products with hydoquinine in them and retin a during pregnancy. For me personally, I would not use them.

Neither Retin A or Hydroquinone should be used if you are pregnant. Also, if I am not mistaken they shouldn't be used when you are trying to get pregnant.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |