Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well... I have used obaji Nuderm before with great results..but lots of peeling and red face days.

I've been using cp's now since last fall with some retin a micro gel..but not faithfully. I have enjoyed what cp's have done for me..but they don't give me the baby face skin nuderm did.

So, I've been toying with the idea of going back on nuderm and working it in with the cps...very much like you described. I think that would work really well. But I am guessing.
What I've been doing these past two weeks..is taking part in the Estee Lauder two week challenge. They gave out free samples of their new illuminating skin serum that gets rid of redness and sun spots and discoloration...
So, I've been using that to see if it works..because I didn't want to be on the clear if I could help it. (hyroquinone)... I also have been using green cream instead of retin a..
My hope is to see if these products give me the same results as nuderm ..because it was not so pleasant going through the ugly stage..but I will if this doesn't work.
btw..wasn't going to post yet..going to wait for another few days or a week... but I think this Estee Lauder stuff works pretty well. The one big sun spot I've had under my eye has lightened a lot...I want to see if it fades away then let the forum know of my results. I also think my pores look smaller
As for Green Cream? I've used that before..and it works really well.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi thank you for your reply.Do you mean just use the clear, no other obagi product would this be enough ,i was thinking the blender mixed in with the retin a at night then the clear in the morning with cps somewhere slotted in.Did you get results with just the clear ,im a bit wary of the whole hq thing but willing to give it a go.Toninght my face looks a bit saggy which ive never noticed before .Last night i put super cps on over the retin a this is the first time ive used the super ive used the regular cp for 2 weeks,maybe it too early for the super.How long before you seen results.kind regards xx

marcia - it sounds like you're moving too fast with the CPs. I don't hear you saying you've been diluting them at all and you've moved up to the Super CP serum after 2 weeks only? That's really fast and most ppl see some reaction from that like lax skin, or some sort of loosening of the skin or even blemishes moving up to the top. I'd slow way down on the CPs it were me.

I diluted the regular CP serum to start and it took 4-6 weeks before seeing some sort of improvement with that. I don't have spots, though. It was firmness and texture changes that I saw in the beginning. It even took about 4-6 weeks to move to full strength on the regular CP serum before I moved up to a stronger one. You really should slow down on your use of the CPs.

I would not mix the CPs in with the Obagi either. Try one or the other and stick it out. Obagi is a long program and so are the CPs. You need to be committed to see if they work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
What level Green Cream do you use?

hotdocgirl wrote:
Well... I have used obaji Nuderm before with great results..but lots of peeling and red face days.

I've been using cp's now since last fall with some retin a micro gel..but not faithfully. I have enjoyed what cp's have done for me..but they don't give me the baby face skin nuderm did.

So, I've been toying with the idea of going back on nuderm and working it in with the cps...very much like you described. I think that would work really well. But I am guessing.
What I've been doing these past two weeks..is taking part in the Estee Lauder two week challenge. They gave out free samples of their new illuminating skin serum that gets rid of redness and sun spots and discoloration...
So, I've been using that to see if it works..because I didn't want to be on the clear if I could help it. (hyroquinone)... I also have been using green cream instead of retin a..
My hope is to see if these products give me the same results as nuderm ..because it was not so pleasant going through the ugly stage..but I will if this doesn't work.
btw..wasn't going to post yet..going to wait for another few days or a week... but I think this Estee Lauder stuff works pretty well. The one big sun spot I've had under my eye has lightened a lot...I want to see if it fades away then let the forum know of my results. I also think my pores look smaller
As for Green Cream? I've used that before..and it works really well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi hotdocgirl thanks again ,Sounds like the EL is doing a good job i will look forward to hearing your end result.I just cant make up mind about the obagi i keep going back and forth.Green cream who makes it and whats in it? -------------------------------------------- Hi foxe thanks also for your reply i think you are right i am moving too fast so i will go back to the regular cp as had no problems with that ,i am way to impatient .I just feel the cps arent going to do much for the freckles age spots etc,but feel they will work firming my skin so thouhgt mixing obagi and cps would be ok.Maybe not.Also what do you think about the retin a and the cp on top ,do you think they will work well together?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been using CP Serum over a year and this summer started alternating with diluted Super CP Serum. The Super CP Serum is ok, think I have frequent uglies with with it though. Am wondering if I should just stick with with the CP Serum which no longer really builds my skin. I've been using CP over the summer rather than RA due to living at a high altitude.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Gretchen..

What I did was start to use my cp's more sparingly. Someone on the thread mentioned taking the weekend off. I do that now...seems like uglies have gone away with that strategy. I've seen on the SB forum, Dr. Picakart say "less is more" with cp's..so I fight my urge to overuse the products in hope of more results.

Just to update..I am using green cream...and now estee lauder new skin illuminator to get rid of a few brown spots cp's have failed to tackle. So far so good. My brown spots have greatly faded in just four weeks of using the estee lauder skin illuminator. I'm only half way through my green cream. Will report back on if it works as well as retin a. Smile
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Well I just ordered some of the CP Serum to add to my Osmosis regime - cant wait to try this! Wink
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I love my CP's and wouldn't be without them. I use Tri and Skin Signals cream, alternating nights.

I don't however really feel like they have done much for age spots. I have very slight pigmentation under my eyes which nothing seems to be working on!!

I feel CP's have improved my tone and firmness and thickness of skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
B- I agree and have had the same results.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Let me begin by saying I love cps. It has been the method I used to remove some old scars, as well as providing a general "well being" to my face and body. However, I seem to have an issue with the Protect and Restore. My skin freaks out and I get little tiny irritation bumps like irritated hair folicles. Anyone have any ideas as to the ingredient in here that my skin hates?? Never had an issue with retinol, cps, or products with lavender, and its only this CP product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Well I got my first Skin Biology CP Serum today! Smile I got the basic CP Serum and thought I would start from there after reading what people had to say here - I figured it was best to start off slowly and then work my way through the range. I hope this one is strong enough for my skin. I have quite sensitive skin anyway so I'm sure it will be fine.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

Just to update..I am using green cream...and now estee lauder new skin illuminator to get rid of a few brown spots cp's have failed to tackle. So far so good. My brown spots have greatly faded in just four weeks of using the estee lauder skin illuminator. I'm only half way through my green cream. Will report back on if it works as well as retin a. Smile

How is the combo working for you, hotdocgirl? Are you using CP's at all with this trial, or just these 2 products you mention?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Rgirl..
My brown spot is almost all faded..and the green cream seems to be exfoliating my skin as well as retin a did. I'm using green cream level 6 right now. May do one more bottle that way..then go up to to level 9.
However..right now my skin is not exactly as changed as when I did obaji nurderm..but much less irritation..and less cost.

I still have to increase my green cream usage..that may make a difference..I'm still not using it every single night..they suggest working up to that..and even using it twice a day.
Also..on Makeup Artists Choice..they have a new fade cream that I'm tempted to try..just because it is even cheaper than the estee lauder illuminating cream I'm using now. but the estee lauder stuff does work. ( All these temptations to switch..I have to keep myself under control). But I love finding the cheapest way to get r done.

I don't know about you..but I think it takes using all sorts of things in combinations to get the results. Overall..the cp's have tightened my face.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Rgirl..
My brown spot is almost all faded..and the green cream seems to be exfoliating my skin as well as retin a did. I'm using green cream level 6 right now. May do one more bottle that way..then go up to to level 9.
However..right now my skin is not exactly as changed as when I did obaji nurderm..but much less irritation..and less cost.

I still have to increase my green cream usage..that may make a difference..I'm still not using it every single night..they suggest working up to that..and even using it twice a day.
Also..on Makeup Artists Choice..they have a new fade cream that I'm tempted to try..just because it is even cheaper than the estee lauder illuminating cream I'm using now. but the estee lauder stuff does work. ( All these temptations to switch..I have to keep myself under control). But I love finding the cheapest way to get r done.

I don't know about you..but I think it takes using all sorts of things in combinations to get the results. Overall..the cp's have tightened my face.

Thanks, HDG! Yes, I agree that it takes a variety of products to get results. I don't believe there is 1 miracle product out there (at least for me). So, are you still using the CP on the nights you are not using the Green Cream, and if not, will you go back to the CP's eventually?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I've been using both together... I put on the green cream after my estee lauder illuminating cream...then wait a few minutes and put on my ss serum or ss cream. I alternate between those..using one in the morning..one at night..then I take weekends off.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I am waiting on some Osmosis products to arrive ( The Stem Cell serum and the Replenish)

I want to use them without stopping my CP's (Tri & SS Cream alternate nights, Lacsal in mornings)

I think I can cocktail the two Osmosis products? I have just started on Retin A .25% most nights (with no problems so far) been using it about 10 days.

so I use..
PM.. cleanse, Retin A, wait 30mins, CP's (LED about 4 times a week) then a moisturiser, also NCN DNA Serum! Now I want to add in the Osmosis, anyway know at what stage I could add stem cell and replenish in?

AM is .. cleanse, NCN's DNA serum, Vit C and sunscreen.

also regarding the CP's I have been alternating between SS Cream & Trid, I am wondering if I should move up to something stronger? I don't want to ''stagnate'??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I am waiting on some Osmosis products to arrive ( The Stem Cell serum and the Replenish)

I want to use them without stopping my CP's (Tri & SS Cream alternate nights, Lacsal in mornings)

I think I can cocktail the two Osmosis products? I have just started on Retin A .25% most nights (with no problems so far) been using it about 10 days.

so I use..
PM.. cleanse, Retin A, wait 30mins, CP's (LED about 4 times a week) then a moisturiser, also NCN DNA Serum! Now I want to add in the Osmosis, anyway know at what stage I could add stem cell and replenish in?

AM is .. cleanse, NCN's DNA serum, Vit C and sunscreen.

also regarding the CP's I have been alternating between SS Cream & Trid, I am wondering if I should move up to something stronger? I don't want to ''stagnate'??

Bermie - maybe you could try alternating the Osmosis actives (Stem Factor/Replenish) w/ your other actives like the Vitamin C and the Copper Peptides. You could even use the Retin A on a alternate basis (it's been proven to work when used like that, but I'd wait until I've used it for a year before doing that).

Since the Osmosis Replenish already has some GHK CP in it (along w/ other antioxidants), try alternating that one w/ the CPs at night. No need to double up on your CPs. And I don't think you need to move up to something stronger - but it all depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to tackle some scars, then using something like the Super Cop 2X is warranted. But, either one that you're already using is strong enough for most.

In the morning, why not try alternating the Vitamin C w/ the Stem Factor (or using the Stem Factor daily in the AM). I saw on the instructions for the Stem Factor that it can be used just once per day, so that might be a good place to fit it in. Vitamin C stays in your system for up to 72 hours after application (if you have a good one that actually gets absorbed well and isn't oxidized already), so you don't need to apply that daily anyway.

What are your goals that your working on anyway, Bermie? Not sure if I know.

Edited to add: I just peeked at your siggy and see your main concern is sagging and some pigmentation. I don't know how long you've used the CPs, but they worked really well w/ firming my skin up.

*Another note - you might want to apply your Retin A after you've done the LED since you're not suppose to use the LED on Retin A (it might destroy the vit A in it)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:55 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the info foxe, always appreciate it,

yes sagging is my main issue and CP's have definitely helped with toning and firming. But there's always room for improvement!!

thanks re the Retin A and LED, I wasn't sure about that, also didn't know Replenish had copper, so I will alternate that.

thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure the Replenish doesn't have a lot of GHK in it, but alternating it w/ some stronger CPs like those from Skin Bio sounds like a game plan. There's so many products that tempt us to try, aren't there?? It's really hard fitting them all in sometimes. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
As you stated foxe, Replenish doesn't have much GHK - it's way down in the ingredients list. I'm using it with my Skin Biology CP Serum as I just got the basic CP Serum - they go fine together... Very Happy that said I only started on the CP Serum last week so not a huge result yet but my pores seem more refined - so this is a good start! Wink
lulu68
5% products discount

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I thought I had read about this on this thread but a search didn't help....

Do CPs work against temporary fillers? I'm considering getting some for my deep NL grooves but obviously I don't want to negate the effects. (Don't suppose anyone knows if the AALightstim would affect them either? - I'll post that question on that thread though)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I have fillers (Juvaderm) and I have been using CP's for quite a while now and definitely don't think they negate the fillers.

I also use and LED (not lightstim) and found no problems either. Maybe just wait about a week after having the fillers done.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I have fillers (Juvaderm) and I have been using CP's for quite a while now and definitely don't think they negate the fillers.

I also use and LED (not lightstim) and found no problems either. Maybe just wait about a week after having the fillers done.

Thank you Bermie! I can't remember the brand they use where I go (it was quite a few years ago that I had it done) but I know they're temporary and only last a couple of months.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been long time retin A/ CP lover (I've worked up to Super CP serum and been on that for a while now).

Actually, I've been thinking of changing... wondering if I hit a plateau. I haven't seen much improvement in the past year... maybe I've maxed out the work they can do?
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:32 am      Reply with quote
UmEnis wrote:
I've been long time retin A/ CP lover (I've worked up to Super CP serum and been on that for a while now).

Actually, I've been thinking of changing... wondering if I hit a plateau. I haven't seen much improvement in the past year... maybe I've maxed out the work they can do?

But what kind of improvement are you expecting? You can't be getting younger a la Benjamin Button. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |