Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zorilla
5% products discount

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sister Sweets!

Skin Signals has GHK in it, right? It was so hard to decide. I was considering returning it as it is unopened, but maybe I'll use this until it's done and then try the GHK cream. I'm oily, too, but I'm finding the creams to be best.

For the scar, it sounds like AHAs, Supercop and needling is the way to go. I'm excited to see results!
zorilla
5% products discount

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe and Sister Sweets,

I thought I'd let you know how things are going.

After that scary experience with the uglies, I went off all actives for three weeks. So many things happened with my skin at that time. As I've read others have experienced, I felt my skin doing all sorts of things, it felt like it was moving, repairing...it really freaked me out, but I kept the faith and continued to do research. The acne scar I talked about is not really visible now - and my face has tightened up considerably - I felt the left side of my face just collapsed and now it's actually tighter than before. I felt I lost some subcutaneous fat, but that even seems to be coming back. My sculptor friend kept asking about my face saying it looked more toned.

A week ago I tried to reintroduce CPs - Skin Signals - I just put it on lightly, but experienced immediate sag the next morning so I felt I wasn't ready yet and/or had to dilute it more as I reintroduced it. Yesterday I felt my face was ready to try again, so I diluted Skin Signals and this morning everything looks great, so I'll continue with this.

I really think my skin needs to take regular breaks from actives and I guess this whole experience has taught me to listen to my skin. I don't know yet if I can work up to stronger CPs or do maintenance with something like a GHK cream, but I definitely think my skin will tell me Neutral

The whole thing threw me off balance and I became devastated and obsessed, but I guess the end result is I have a program now that really seems to work. CPs are certainly not for everybody! I wouldn't ever want to go through that again - I looked seriously 20 years older (I'm 42) but I suppose since I'm seeing results I'm keeping faith in them and learning how to use them for my particular skin.

Thanks again for your advice!!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds fantastic. You've listened to your skin very well and it sounds like everything turned out well for you. A lot of people do get really scared after getting the uglies and do not want to touch CPs again afterwards. I'm glad you're going to give them a 2nd chance. Do take it slowly, as you can tell, the skin needs a chance to get use to them first. Dilute or use every few days at first and see how that progresses.

Thanks for coming back and telling us how it went, too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have been finding that I can use CPs less than I use to now. I've also gone back down to just using the Super CP serum - I think my skin likes the simplest CP the best. I may try the Skin Signals again soon but the Super CP serum is a nice, inexpensive one and seems to be working nicely right now.

I've also been using a lot of the Copper Sun this summer and that seems to protect me pretty well. My skin does not tan much and can react pretty poorly to the sun. But the Copper Sun has been my go-to sun product for daily (short term) exposure. Considering that I don't tan easily, I am getting some color that is even and has not burned.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
oh, that's good information, I was wondering about sunscreen, I've read somewhere that regular sunscreen can conflict with CPs?
It's really hard to know what to believe, I think I've read practically everything there is about Copper Peptidess on the internet and as you know, a lot of it can be conflicting.

I read earlier in this thread you've cut back on Retin A? May I ask you why? I'm still using it as well, but I think I'll give myself breaks with that, too.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla wrote:
oh, that's good information, I was wondering about sunscreen, I've read somewhere that regular sunscreen can conflict with CPs?
It's really hard to know what to believe, I think I've read practically everything there is about Copper Peptidess on the internet and as you know, a lot of it can be conflicting.

I read earlier in this thread you've cut back on Retin A? May I ask you why? I'm still using it as well, but I think I'll give myself breaks with that, too.

Don't remember when I said that about Retin A, but I'm currently using it nightly now. I do use SS daily as well so I don't get sun damage and I'm doing good on that.

Skin Biology (and Dr Pickart) do not recommend using chemical SSs (there is lots of bad press on them - hormone disruption, skin absorption, free radicals, damage to coral reefs, etc), but they do offer TiO2 in the Copper Sun. They say that 'uncoated, pure Titanium dioxide is a simple molecule that stays on the skin's surface and has few breakdown products",

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla- take it nice and slow. I have tried the gamut from Dr. P but now only use the GHK products - I think they are all I need. I also use copper peptide serum from NCN skin care.
As a sunscreen alternative (no SPF - correct me if I'm wrong Foxe).. Day cover has some protection for the face.
For body I do like Copper sun.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder on the Day Cover sis - that's one I don't really use, so I forget about it.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to both of you! I'll look into it. I'm a bit concerned with adding another layer of CPs right now (copper sun) when I have to experiment with going really slowly!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Day cover for the face, hands, chest - extremely mild - never had an issue, even in the earliest of times. Copper Sun I've only used on the body and no problems but I don't have sensitive skin.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have been lurking for a bit and read quite a lot but I have a few questions about my experience with copper peptides. My story is a little different but yet the same, I think.

At the end of November of last year, for the first time in my life, I contracted poison ivy. Of course I did not get it like people normally do but had a case of systemic poison ivy. It was in my system after touching my left wrist but over the next month it appeared randomly over my entire body, the worst place being my eyelids. My eyes were swollen closed and they put me on a course of steroids and after a week the swelling went down. My eyes have not been the same since. I am 43 but good skin and had maybe a tiny bit of sag beginning and have always had hooded eyes, but after the poison, there is a lot of sagging and wrinkles and weird texture. Similar to the pits and bumps of an orange. I tried Retin A and it help tighten a little and fixed the texture a tiny bit but nothing to really be happy about. Then I learned about copper peptides and did quite a bit of research.

So a month ago, I started with the CP serum watered down about 4 drops CP to 6 drops water every third day as I have sensitive skin. Then I moved to every other day and last week every day, still diluted at the same amount. Monday everything started looking worse; more wrinkled, worse texture and sagginess more pronounced. I am not sure if I progressed too quickly and should back down to every other day or is this the damage moving to the surface? I also use the Exfol Serum as well as emu oil and I have ordered the TTT. I stopped using the CPs for four days and was just applying the emu oil .I emailed Dr. Picart and he said to go back to every third day and it may take time to get where I need.

So, in the opinion of other CP users experiences, should I just push through and continue on or do I need to give more of a break to my eyes? They really can't look much worse then they do or did for that matter. I just want my eyelids back and if I am on the right track and it just takes time, I am all for that. Just not sure of what stage I am in.

I apologize for the length! Any and all feedback is welcome Smile
zorilla
5% products discount

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could help you out with this, Falling Feather! I don't know much about poison ivy, but what I am finding out about Copper Peptides is that you really have to listen to what your skin is telling you. I would say back off if you see sagging and give yourself enough time to recover. Add it gently rather than forcing yourself through. I'm by no means an expert, but this is what I'm learning. Good luck with your recovery!
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Over a year since I used copper peptides.. And still there is copper peptide solution trapped under skin..
If I squeeze out a pore with a lancet ...some of the black coloured copper peptide solution comes out.....
I would not recommend these products to anyone . My pores are permanently destroyed for using cps.. I had never had a problem with my pores until after I started using cps.Now I cannot get rid of these pitted pores, and cp solution is still trapped in my skin.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:54 am      Reply with quote
gouldbergvariations wrote:
Over a year since I used copper peptides.. And still there is copper peptide solution trapped under skin..
If I squeeze out a pore with a lancet ...some of the black coloured copper peptide solution comes out.....
I would not recommend these products to anyone . My pores are permanently destroyed for using cps.. I had never had a problem with my pores until after I started using cps.Now I cannot get rid of these pitted pores, and cp solution is still trapped in my skin.

I don't know what is in your skin, but it's not copper peptide solution. You think it would stay in your skin, without absorbing, for over a year? Impossible.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly.

gouldbergvariations, you must never have seen blackheads before. It sounds like you happened to develop them at the same time you used cp's, hence the confusion. What you're describing sounds like you're squeezing blackheads, which are only congested pores with the surface having oxidized (hence the "black").

Your pores aren't "permanently destroyed", you're being dramatic. After reading some of your past posts and it sounds like with your history of acne you're frustrated and blaming cp's. Try going for a facial for help extracting the blackheads and then focus on ongoing maintenance to keep your pores clean. In time they should shrink down again.

CP's aren't a single-product magic solution. They can only be PART of a good skincare regime. Cleansing and exfoliation is very necessary. I doubt that any similar topicals can do their job without this.

I'm not suggesting that you go back to using them, but it sounds like your issue isn't with cp's at all, but with simple congestion.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sure, I have seen blackheads and know their consistency and texture. The black stuff is pure liquid, with a bluish tint and there is no viscosity whatsoever. Similar to water. Hmm, I wonder what else it could be. In the end, copper peptides only gave me increasingly noticeable pores.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Right now (this week only) Skin Biology is offering their new 3% GHK Cream at 40% off - down to $99 from $177.

OK - I caved in and bought some! It really is quite a good deal and I couldn't resist. Rolling Eyes

I usually use the 2nd gens (much less expensive) and have good luck with them, but I am currently using the Super GHK Serum and loving it, so I jumped at the deal they were offering on the new 3% GHK. And I thought I had a large enough stockpile and didn't need anything for a while. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
falling feather wrote:
I have been lurking for a bit and read quite a lot but I have a few questions about my experience with copper peptides. My story is a little different but yet the same, I think.

At the end of November of last year, for the first time in my life, I contracted poison ivy. Of course I did not get it like people normally do but had a case of systemic poison ivy. It was in my system after touching my left wrist but over the next month it appeared randomly over my entire body, the worst place being my eyelids. My eyes were swollen closed and they put me on a course of steroids and after a week the swelling went down. My eyes have not been the same since. I am 43 but good skin and had maybe a tiny bit of sag beginning and have always had hooded eyes, but after the poison, there is a lot of sagging and wrinkles and weird texture. Similar to the pits and bumps of an orange. I tried Retin A and it help tighten a little and fixed the texture a tiny bit but nothing to really be happy about. Then I learned about copper peptides and did quite a bit of research.

So a month ago, I started with the CP serum watered down about 4 drops CP to 6 drops water every third day as I have sensitive skin. Then I moved to every other day and last week every day, still diluted at the same amount. Monday everything started looking worse; more wrinkled, worse texture and sagginess more pronounced. I am not sure if I progressed too quickly and should back down to every other day or is this the damage moving to the surface? I also use the Exfol Serum as well as emu oil and I have ordered the TTT. I stopped using the CPs for four days and was just applying the emu oil .I emailed Dr. Picart and he said to go back to every third day and it may take time to get where I need.

So, in the opinion of other CP users experiences, should I just push through and continue on or do I need to give more of a break to my eyes? They really can't look much worse then they do or did for that matter. I just want my eyelids back and if I am on the right track and it just takes time, I am all for that. Just not sure of what stage I am in.

I apologize for the length! Any and all feedback is welcome Smile

I missed your post earlier falling feather, and I hope everything has settled down for you. I'll bet with your skin already in a really sensitive state, that you might've added too much too soon on the CPs. I've heard Dr Pickart tell people that you need to baby your skin back to a normal state when it's damaged like this before you can jump in with the stronger stuff.

You got some good advice, I hope everything has worked out for you. If you're still having problems, let me know or try to contact (call) Skin Bio - they're very helpful there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I've also been using a lot of the Copper Sun this summer and that seems to protect me pretty well. My skin does not tan much and can react pretty poorly to the sun. But the Copper Sun has been my go-to sun product for daily (short term) exposure. Considering that I don't tan easily, I am getting some color that is even and has not burned.

I have to add that this has worked out really well for me this summer. I have a condition called Polikoderma of Civatte that causes serious sun damage on the decollete with discoloration and sensitivity (to chemicals. perfume, sun, etc).

My decollete is looking FABulous this summer and I believe it's due to using the Copper Sun followed by Keys Soap's Solar Rx on a daily basis.

I have an even color (and I'm not a tanner, but this is color for me) and I've not had any rashes nor sensitivities. I've even been able to apply perfume near this area without incident- which in the past would've caused redness, a rash or itching.

Solar Rx has ZnO in it and I have never noticed any ill effects from combining that with CPs (even though it's been said not to use the two together).

I also use the Copper Sun on my arms and they look great too. (No other SS used).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Right now (this week only) Skin Biology is offering their new 3% GHK Cream at 40% off - down to $99 from $177.

OK - I caved in and bought some! It really is quite a good deal and I couldn't resist. Rolling Eyes

I bought some too foxe. I hope I don't like it. Smile It would be pretty expensive to keep repurchasing. I guess it will depend on how long the jar lasts. I love my GHK serum, I figure this will probably be even better.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I don't post a whole lot on the forums, mostly over on the Herzog thread. I've been a very happy Herzog user for almost 3 years now. I have been very pleased with the products (overall). It cleared up my skin and I rarely have any pimples any longer. I was dealing with a serious, to me, case of acne when I started and was able to get things back to normal.

The things that have NOT improved (nor worsened) is the strip of sun damage across my forehead from the stupid sunroof in the car. I also struggle with texture issues and my skin often feels rough and like it's never exfoliated.

I am looking to either add products to my Herzog line or switch entirely. I've read through this thread and feel like this might be an option.

My skin goals are: improve my sun damage if I can, keep my skin from feeling/looking like a flaky mess. I'm not trying to look 20 again or remove every wrinkle on my face. I'm also not looking to use a dozen different products. My skin does best with one wash/product application a day and that's it. More than that and it rebels.

I currently use the following:

Vita-A-Kombi with AHA (daily)
Essential Mask (lately, not enough)
Vita-A-Kombi 3 (as spot treatment)

I also have the two moisturizers for extra moisture (Vitamin H and Apricot). I live in the Pacific Northwest and despite all the rain it's very dry here.

I've used the various cleansers and find them annoying to use, though good. But my go-to products are the top three. I wash with a cetaphil style wash in the shower.

I thought with the peptides from Skin Biology I'd just get a bunch of the sample kits to try it all out. I don't want to spend hundreds if I can.

Any recommendations or should I go with something else?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi taligator,

I've never used the Herzog line, but I would think it might be best to introduce a new line, like the CPs, on their own. I'm not sure the two would play together very well - LOL.

If your acne seems under control, but you're not getting results on sun damage, then the CPs would be a good product to try. Maybe set aside your fav KH products and try some of the CPs and see how things go. I found they worked great on texture problems on my skin, plus they firmed things up.

You could try one of their kits. It looks like you might want to get one with an exfoliator in it since a couple of your fav KH ones have that. I like the Lactic 10 one, but they have a couple of others.

The problem with CPs is choosing which one! They have sooo many.

I have oily skin so I tend to go with the serums. However, I do like the creams and I don't seem to have any problems with the Skin Signals cream or the new 3% GHK one. In fact, I do have some drier areas and these 2 creams help keep those areas smooth.

I started out with the regular CP Serum, which is easy to dilute for beginners, and that worked out fine for me then and I've gone back to it many times over the years. It's inexpensive and works really well. If you have dry skin, though, try one of the creams for that. And, I recommend using one of their exfoliators. They are gentle enough for daily use and work well with the CPs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks foxe!

I'm good to put aside my Herzog for awhile. I have product left, so it's a good time to put it away so that if the CPs don't work I can just go back to them.

I'm going to try 1-2 kits I believe, so I can get a little bit of everything.

My skin tends toward the dry side so I'm certainly getting some of the emu oil. I'm also looking forward to the cleanser.

I'll keep my progress posted. I may even post photos. Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't looked at SB's trial packs lately, and I'm not sure there's one there I'd recommend (though they do have a lot of good ones). For you, I'd think, the simplier, the better.

They have a very nice cleanser, BTW, if you want to try that out. I really like it.

For CPs, you should try the CP Serum, to start. It is easy to dilute and you can work your way up from that one if you need more remodeling. For an exfoliator, give the Lactic 10 a try. It's a pretty moisturizing one on me. For every $50, you get a free (generous) sample, so you should try one of their creams, like the Skin Signals cream or the Tri Reduction one.

Good luck, and remember to start out slowly. These are pretty strong and you could see some uglies if you go too fast.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking of this kit:

Facial Regeneration Test Kit

1 CP Serum (1 oz)
1 LacSal Serum (1 oz)
1 Exfol Cream (.25 oz)
1 P&R Classic Cream (.25 oz)
1 P&R High Retinol Cream (.25 oz)
1 P&R Day Cover Cream (.25 oz)
1 Emu Oil-S (.25 oz)

It gives me a variety of products and then add on the cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |