Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
HI!
How much time do you have to wait (after applying CP) to moisturize the skin if you DO NOT want to push the CPs in deeper? My Skin is super dry in the winter and I can't skip that step.

I am on my second week of Skin Signals CREAM. Using twice per week. Going slow... Smile

...and thanks hotdocgirl for your help on an earlier post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
HI!
How much time do you have to wait (after applying CP) to moisturize the skin if you DO NOT want to push the CPs in deeper? My Skin is super dry in the winter and I can't skip that step.

I am on my second week of Skin Signals CREAM. Using twice per week. Going slow... Smile

...and thanks hotdocgirl for your help on an earlier post.

erg - you're probably fine having a short wait time with the Skin Signals Cream, especially after having used it for a few weeks (even though it's just a few times per week). Skin Signals cream is one of the gentler/weaker CPs. Maybe wait until the SSC is absorbed before using your moisturizer? 10 minutes or so?

How are things going w/ the SSC?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks foxe, good to know! My skin is so dry I need a moisturizer at night.

Things are going good. I haven't seen any results yet - but really don't expect to see anything for at least a month or so.

Next week, I am going to move up to 3 times per week - still applying emu oil first.

Thanks for all the advice! I'll post any updates. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
thanks foxe, good to know! My skin is so dry I need a moisturizer at night.

Things are going good. I haven't seen any results yet - but really don't expect to see anything for at least a month or so.

Next week, I am going to move up to 3 times per week - still applying emu oil first.

Thanks for all the advice! I'll post any updates. Smile

I wouldn't expect to see much in results until you've graduated to using CPs full strength for a while. If you're doing 2 different methods of diluting, it will take a long time. (emu first plus only a few times per week is pretty cautious - esp for a gentle CP).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
ahh.... I was afraid of that. I guess CPs are kind like Goldylocks... not too much, not too little... just the right amount!

I think I will start next week by not diluting with emu.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
erg..

just to let you know..I used cp's (cp serum) almost everyday now for two months..and have used skin signals cream for the past two nights.

You could be waiting forever for results if you keep going that slow. But...I understand not wanting to overdo it..that is when people get into trouble.

btw..I am loving that skin signals cream!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

btw..I am loving that skin signals cream!

What do you love about it, hotdocgirl?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
well.. at first I thought the bottle was very small..but after using the product... a little goes a long way.

Also, after two months of using the cp serum which is not cream based; it is nice to have a "cream."

Also..my skin is looking really good. Don't know if I posted this to you ..or in another thread. But I saw my first signs of "uglies" on Sunday! it just so happened to fall on a day that I was out of town and forgot my cp's ..so I didn't use them the night before. It was not overt obvious to most...but since I watch my skin so close I saw some wrinkling on my skin..which usually has none! After taking two days off.the signs on "uglies" went away...I've been using my new SS cream every night since..and decided to use it in the a.m. as well..alternating with the rest of my cp serum.

I have to say at this point my skin is starting to look youthful..as in clear and light in complexion..the sag around my chin is gone..and the flesh-like mole on my cheek is almost flat.
With all that said..I want to wait another full three weeks before I make a conclusion on all the SB products. Why? Because I know placebo effect is a real thing... I could be fooling myself and want to wait 12 weeks to make a full decision on copper peptides. I think so many of us get excited and want to see results and imagine them. So I want my opinion to really help people starting out.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, hotdocgirl. I definitely appreciate your honesty with your trial. You are right, the placebo effect is very real. I look forward to hearing your thoughts after 12 weeks of CP use! I just started using the super GHK but am interested in the skin signals!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, hotdocgirl. I definitely appreciate your honesty with your trial. You are right, the placebo effect is very real. I look forward to hearing your thoughts after 12 weeks of CP use! I just started using the super GHK but am interested in the skin signals!

A huge DITTO on the thanks! I will be watching for your updates as well, thinking about starting CP's this year myself. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am definitely noticing improvement on the sun-damaged skin on my chest area. It is the only skin I have that is showing some serious signs of aging, particularly in the morning.

I use DMAE twice a day and have recently started using CPs twice a day. I took a long time to work up to twice a day. I don't do it every day, but at least 4 times per week. I use the Super GHK Cream in the AM and the Skin Signals serum PM. I follow it with a KH cream (no oxygen - either the Chocolate or the Additional Sweet).

I had quite a large area of damage. Some of the area doesn't look damaged at all and the skin that is still slightly damaged is much better. The lines aren't as deep.

I haven't used it on my face at this point. There was a post earlier in this thread that said hydrogen peroxide may cancel out the benefits of the CP. Has anyone else ever heard this? I love my KH products, but I no longer use my VAK cream over the CP. The days I don't use CP twice, I use the VAK cream on my chest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Beme,

Here is Lacy's post on the KH thread including the link to skinbiology's site about oxygen and CP's. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6398661

Lacy53 wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

You shouldn't be using GHK-Cu peptides with hydrogen peroxide products. The GHK peptide is considered fragile and breaks down easily, so in effect you are wasting your copper product when you layer it with a Karin Herzog product which contains hydrogen peroxide (VAK-1 or VAK-2). Or so the theory says! Both of your products (PSF Bio-Copper Serum and SkinBiology's Super GHK Serum) are based on the GHK-Cu peptide.

I think, I've heard about not using CPs and KH oxygen products as well, do not recollect the source... Lacy53, do you mind sharing the source? Smile

Sorry I have been posting on the fly this weekend and making errors in my posts. As far as references for my statement goes, you can look for articles online about peptide fragility; there are a few. Information specifically about GHK-Cu and hydrogen peroxide are discussed here:

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/3970061395?r=3310043395#3310043395

I usually check the SkinBiology forum for information on GHK-Cu; Dr. Pickart is a reliable source.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
You can use VK2 with second generation CP's.
I prefer to use them at opposite ends of the day.
CP's are miracle workers on firming the neck and keeping the bust area youthful too. Love them. They have been the best find in my skin care regime as far as products go. Stick with them - the results take a while but they are real and lasting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets - Would you mind fully detailing your procedure for "firming the neck"? Thanks
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
You can use VK2 with second generation CP's.
I prefer to use them at opposite ends of the day.
CP's are miracle workers on firming the neck and keeping the bust area youthful too. Love them. They have been the best find in my skin care regime as far as products go. Stick with them - the results take a while but they are real and lasting.

Sister Sweets am I correct in saying that the Skin Signals Solution is 2nd generation? I started using it on your recommendation.

The CPs are definitely improving the damaged skin on my chest. It was looking loose and wrinkly - the first place I really noticed aging. I know it is because I had been badly sunburned there a few times. There has been definite tightening on my chest. It isn't 100% there, but there are spots that are. The spots where the lines were the deepest are improving and the spots where the lines weren't as deep are now line free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Be - Skin Signals Solution is 2nd gen, but the Skin Signals CREAM is a combo of 1st gen and 2nd gen.

I've had some significant tightening of my neck and improvement in my sun damaged decollete too. I've only been using the Suntan lotion on my chest for the last 8 mos or so and have seen a lot of those sleep winkles disappear (the ones from sleeping on my side) or diminish. Horizontal lines on my neck have gone by-bye too. Dancing I actually had a good friend make a comment the other day about my 'lack of wrinkles' on my chest!! She actually said I didn't have ANY.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Time2Be - Skin Signals Solution is 2nd gen, but the Skin Signals CREAM is a combo of 1st gen and 2nd gen.

I've had some significant tightening of my neck and improvement in my sun damaged decollete too. I've only been using the Suntan lotion on my chest for the last 8 mos or so and have seen a lot of those sleep winkles disappear (the ones from sleeping on my side) or diminish. Horizontal lines on my neck have gone by-bye too. Dancing I actually had a good friend make a comment the other day about my 'lack of wrinkles' on my chest!! She actually said I didn't have ANY.

Foxe that is great news. So you only use the suntan lotion on your chest and not any regular CP product? I have started fairlady's regimen for the neck chest area of the CP at night, and I am using the Lactic Power 10 in the morning. I would love to get rid of the sleep wrinkles!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl - I do just use the Suntan Lotion(or Body Lotion), nothing else. I should try the Lactic 10 there though, since it's suppose to be good for skin that doesn't like BHAs.

Before trying the Suntan Lotion (which is just the Body Lotion w/ some TiO2 in it), I had tried some BND (liked it, but it's expensive) and CP Serum (skin didn't like that) along w/ BHAs (a no-go) and Retin A (helped some). I did have some success w/ the 302 Serum there too, but since my face didn't like that, I just used it up on my chest til it was gone.

I had just about given up trying CPs after my first experiment with them thinking my chest was rejecting them, but the weaker one seems to be doing the trick.

I like using the Suntan lotion since it has the TiO2 in it and my chest IS sensitive to sun, so I'd prefer to always be protected (even in the dead of winter up here). Also, it's a steal with the combo purchase of the Body Lotion, so I use the Suntan on my upper (chest and arms - that might get some sun exposure) and the Body Lotion on my legs. In the summer, I used the Suntan all over in the AM and the Body Lotion in the PM.

edited to add: I do use an occasional DIY vit C Rolling Eyes But that's only occasionally

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,

Is it an absolute no no to use a basic moisturizer (nothing with actives) over the CP serum's at night if you choose not to initially "push" them in when first starting? I am asking for the face although I would assume it's the same wherever using it???

Thanks. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Foxe! I hope I get the great results you got on your chest. That and my neck (and arms!) are my most neglected areas. I am very bad about putting products of any kind on those areas!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
DM - I've never used any moisturizer besides an occassional emu oil. I find the CPs get rid of any dry skin good enough for me.

But, if you have some moisturizer that you want to use, I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. Why not try it and let us know how it goes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DM - I've never used any moisturizer besides an occassional emu oil. I find the CPs get rid of any dry skin good enough for me.

But, if you have some moisturizer that you want to use, I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. Why not try it and let us know how it goes?

Thanks I plan on starting soon, so never using the SkinBio just wanted to know in case I find it drying. Also just trying to use what I already have here! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Foxe that is amazing !! I would love to get rid of those horizontal lines; I never thought that was possible. I'm going to start using the CPs on my neck as well as my chest. I wish EDS sold the Skin Signals Cream as well as the serum.
Which products do you use on your chest and neck?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Time2BeMe

I usually only use the Suntan Lotion or Body Lotion on my chest. My face gets what ever I'm using on my face - usually the Skin Signals Serum (lately) or Super CP Serum.

I can remember going thru some huge changes back when I first started using CPs on my neck and seeing 'red' marks inside those horizontal wrinkles before they started changing. They would diminish after those red marks appeared. It was like a 'peel' had been going on. I saw those things happen for a few months, and then I stopped using CPs for a while. It's only been recently (this year) that I've seen other improvements and they've happened so slowly that I didn't notice it at first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen the wikipedia info on CPs? Just happened to come across this today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_peptide_GHK-Cu

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |