Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Severe Dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gold_Yellow
5% products discount

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have been searching for some product that would help me with my Dark Circles around eyes. Nothing in this world seem to be working. I must have spent a fortune trying out products Crying or Very sad

anyhoo, I just wanted to check if anyone had good experience with some dark circle product out there
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Hylexin and it helped a bit, but it is too expensive. I am thinking of trying Cellular Skin Rx Eye Bright - they sell it here - and it is less expensive. There are some other threads where people are discussing what has worked for them
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well. Gold. I was on the same boat for a couple of years that my under eye circles go so bad, I bought so many concealers, tried all kinds of eye moisturizers and treatments(even with vitamin K) and let me tell you, I never thought that Obagi Nuderm would do the trick!! I am sooooo happy. Now, I only need one coat of concelear and that'it. Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I don't worry if I don't apply any at all. I have been using Obagi for only one month. I was not going to use it under my eyes, but then I said, what the heck! and start using it after the second week of treatment, I don't use the Exfoderm nor Toner under my eyes though.

I might sound like an advertisement but I wish everybody be as happy as I am for the results after living for a long time these ugly under eye circles that made me look 10 years older, tired and ill.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Margarett - hi! Which Nuderm product did you use under your eyes? Was it the whole line that had the effect on you circles, or just one product? I am looking to try a new product, so I am really interested.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Alexes, the whole treatment is called Obagi Nuderm. I use the one for dry-sensitive skin. I also use Retin A and Vitamin C with it. Itīs a treatment of 6 or 7 products and you need the prescription from your doctor for the Retin A, but I hear that Obagi sells its own Retin A. I bought the Obagi Nuderm Treatment in this site. There are many posts in these forums about this treatment, please read about them. It is not an easy treatment, you would get peeling, redness, irritation, dryness the first weeks and maybe the 14 weeks and later you need to go on maintenance. I used it for hyperpigmentation, but I said, oh well, I am going to do it for my eyes too, and it is working!!!! It is a very harsh treatment some women do not finish it because they say that you get worse before getting better and when they go through the bad part is really scary to them, I can understand that. I expected the worst, it has not happened. I got a lot of peeling, dryness, around my mouth the first 3 weeks or so, then a bit less, sometimes more than other days... but the red tomato face comes and goes. I expected worse than that, but nope, just that. Let me tell you, itīs been four weeks and OMG, my skin has not been this good in years!!! an my under eye circles are almost gone!! and itīs been only 4 weeks, there are still 8 more weeks or so to go, so I cannot imagine if my skin can get any better Shock

There are a lot of very nice people here to help you through if you decide to take the leap, but please read about it, itīs not an easy treatment. My skin is not very sensitive, just dry sometimes and I have olive oil complexion, thatīs why is not so hard on me. I would think fair skin people suffer the most.

Good luck alexa and Iīm here if you have any questions I can answer.
Gold_Yellow
5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
margarett
I was planning on going for fotofacial, well not completely sure if it would help,but somehow wanted to give it a try
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
GoldYellow, I've heard about it, but doctors or dermatologists don't offer you a guarantee that it will get rid of the problem and I am not planning to throw my money away. I've consulted plastic surgeons and another option would be fat transfer to the lower lids in my case, but I don't have that kind of money and I am not planning on surgeries any more.

Please keep us posted if you go for the Fotofacial!
Gold_Yellow
5% products discount

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
margarett,
I met a doctor 2 days back for fotofacial, she said I need atleast 4 to 5 sessions.

They dont do only for dark circles but I need to get it done on my complete face Confused

The main concern I have is, she said she will not be able to do on the top of my eye lid, which is dark too, but only under the eye.

My dark circles are completely around the eyes

anyhow, I felt she was charging a lot. am planning to meet 2 or 3 docs before I decide.

will update you once done
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 25, 2024 8:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |