Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Does excessive hair loss in women usually begin at age 40+?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just turned 40 and since then all hell broke loose with my hair shedding problem. I used to have a ton of hair and it did not fall all over the place everywhere I go like this.

5 years ago, I remember my older sister telling me she had a hair loss problem when she turned 40. Her solution was to eat more chicken to get more protein in her system, and drink lots of water, and also cut her beautiful long hair short.

Is there any other woman facing the excessive hair loss problem? If so, when did it happen for you?

What did you do or try to resolve this problem?

For me, I tried Regenix Hair Treatment kit. It did not work with the kit, and it was too expensive to order more treatment solutions without knowing it'd work for sure.

I'm trying Ecrinal ANP40 now. It's not worked for me yet. I'll be done with the box in 2 more hair wash sessions.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Natalyn....excessive hair loss does not usually start at age 40 unless there is an underlying reason for it. When I was in my late 40's I was losing a lot of hair. I tried everything to help the problem but nothing worked. Anyways, to make a long story short it turned out I had anemia and one of the symptoms is excessive loss of hair. Once I got my iron levels back to where it was supposed to be the problem went away.

I would suggest for you to go to your doctor and have a physical with blood work done to see if there is any underlying medical condition. A hormonal imbalance could also be a cause. That would be the first step I would take.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I second leeleedeedee's recommendation of blood work. My hair was falling out by the handful, so I had my doctor order a blood panel and discovered it was a thyroid hormone issue. It is difficult to resolve the problem without knowing the cause, especially if it is hormonal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
I second leeleedeedee's recommendation of blood work. My hair was falling out by the handful, so I had my doctor order a blood panel and discovered it was a thyroid hormone issue. It is difficult to resolve the problem without knowing the cause, especially if it is hormonal.

I 100% agree with this...I have had both stress related issues which showed no blood issues, as well as another occurance which was thyroid related.

Start with the bloodwork!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hair loss can simply be genetic or it can be a sign of another underlying health issue. I agree with the previous posters:

Get a CBC (Complete Blood Count). Have them check your thyroid, Iron level, Vitamin B and D levels. Also have your hormones checked. If your testosterone is too low, your progesterone is too low or your estrogen is too high or too low it can cause hair loss. Easily corrected with bio-identical hormone replacement therapy

Not everyone agrees on bio-identical hormone replacement but I do. I have been using Bio's (low dose) for about a year now for PMS and it has done wonders for me. Educate yourself and see if it may be a solution for you - should the hormone test indicate a problem.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
With respect to Iron...specifically ask to have your Ferritin levels tested also. This is your iron store level and this number will drop before you become "clinically anemic". This test isn't usually part of an Iron panel so needs to be requested. Even low normal Ferritin in the presence of normal Iron levels can cause hair loss. Ideal Ferritin levels are around 70 even though the low end of most lab ranges say 12 or 20 is still normal.
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 18, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |