Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WHICH SUNSCREEN TO USE AFTER LASER RESURFACING?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I need a very strong sunscreen (the BEST!) since I've just had laser resurfacing.

The one I use now is SPF 30+++ with 5% zinc and titanium. It's awesome, matte finish (not oily), but I don't know if it's strong enough.

Any suggestions? I need something that has a physical blocker (zinc, titanium) and that won't break me out (very oily skin).

Any drug store suggestions?

I ordered Heliocare, so I will be taking that as well.

Thanks everybody!
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Think I said in another post, but Obagi Rosaclear Sunblock SPF 30 has 15.5% zinc oxide and 2% titanium dioxide. It's very light and has a slight tint so as not to leave you with a ghostly white sheen.

Hope this helps.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
May I refer you to this thread....

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36990&sid=215e00d162946c2715768d4186c45504
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips!

I may buy the Obagi Rosaclear SPF 30 for my post-op laser resurfacing.

Has anyone tried that one? I can't find any reviews.

Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:
I need a very strong sunscreen (the BEST!) since I've just had laser resurfacing.

The one I use now is SPF 30+++ with 5% zinc and titanium. It's awesome, matte finish (not oily), but I don't know if it's strong enough.

Any suggestions? I need something that has a physical blocker (zinc, titanium) and that won't break me out (very oily skin).

Any drug store suggestions?

I ordered Heliocare, so I will be taking that as well.

Thanks everybody!

Just curious, but what sunscreen did the place you are having the laser resurfacing recommend?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Jan Marini MMU (w/ SPF 20) is sold in physicians offices for use on post procedure skin.

It's a nice MMU - great texture and goes on smoothly. It can do two things at once (makeup/SPF)

You can find it online too. I think EDS carries some.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Heliocare have a gel (SPF50). Texture is like a moisturizer. I know some dermatologists apply it on their patients post-procedure here in my country. It is a chemical sunscreen with some antioxidants.

Alternatively a physical sunscreen like Avene mineral cream (SPF50). The European brands physical sunscreens have better protection because by regulation their UVA protection (PPD) have to be at least one-third of the SPF. The drawback is that they give heavy white cast.
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard good things about Avene.

I'm thinking of trying Avene, Obagi Rosaclear SPF 30, or Elta MD.

Which one's the best for my situation?

The doctor said for sunscreen, it's a trial and error. Not much help. Laughing

Thanks for the tips!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:

The doctor said for sunscreen, it's a trial and error. Not much help. Laughing

Oh no! Most definitely not much help! Good luck. I hope you find a great one!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
After my CO2 laser, my doc gave me Elta. It works great and has a slight tint to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR. Which type of Elta MD did you get? There are so many types!

I need something non-oily and non-comodegenic.

Maybe I'll get Elta MD instead of Obagi or Avene. Besides, summer is coming soon and I will need the strongest sunscreen just for everyday things, and that's not even talking about if I were to get a laser procedure done!!!

Never tried it before, but I'm hoping that Heliocare (which comes in this week) will help. Anyone think it works?

Any other tips?

Any other secret tips for making the redness go down quicker? Now, I play the waiting game.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:
Thanks AnnieR. Which type of Elta MD did you get? There are so many types!

I need something non-oily and non-comodegenic.
Never tried it before, but I'm hoping that Heliocare (which comes in this week) will help. Anyone think it works?
Any other secret tips for making the redness go down quicker? Now, I play the waiting game.

I just ordered the Elta MD Physical version...I can let you know what it's like when I get it. I also just got a sample of Anthelios 60, but that is a chemical sunscreen.

I have used Heliocare (the supplement, not the gel), and it DOES work. I take it before 2+ hour drives when traveling for work in the Florida sun, and it has definitely kept my hands from burning, even though I had burned through the same sunscreen in the past.

Tamanu oil does wonders for reducing redness, once your skin is fully healed (as in no open wounds). You can mix it 50/50 with emu oil or use it buy itself, and it greatly reduces inflammation. However, you do not want to use anything that reduces inflammation for 7-10 days after your treatment so that you can fully benefit from the wound healing cascade that kicks off collagen growth, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, Nimue (our sunscreen queen) just gave this brand a thumbs up on the physical sunscreen thread, which means I'm going to have to try that too!

http://www.burnoutsun.com/sunscreen_sunblock.htm

See page 3 of this therad for her comments:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36990&start=50

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Bioderma has a chemical sunscreen (Tinosorb M) that is specially for laser treatment

http://www.bioderma.com/en/nc/the-products/what-s-new/product/action/230.html

Not sure if you'd find it in the States.

However, Skincare Central does have a couple of Bioderma & Avene sunscreens.

http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-sun.html
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I had to go look up the exact label. It is Elta MD UV Physical, SPF 41.
It does work good and it is pretty thick.
They sent samples with me directly home after the laser and then I went back and bought a tube.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am peeling like crazy and nothing will cover it up. How do I go to school and get out of this one?! Laughing

Any tips (besides Biafine) on how to cover it up?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Biafine and Aquaphor were my staples, but i didn't have to leave the house so that part was easier.
As to the peeling, I found that wearing no makeup looked better than trying to cover it up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Biafine is working pretty well.

I'm expecting/ hoping great results from this 40 micron double pass Micro Laser Peel!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:
Biafine is working pretty well.

I'm expecting/ hoping great results from this 40 micron double pass Micro Laser Peel!

Skitahoe, please keep us informed about the results! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 25, 2024 12:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |