Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dermalogica - I need a daycream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smil

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I have never tried dermalogica, but maybe I should? My skin need a lot of mousture, but I also got some impurities. Could someone recommend me something?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi there if your skin is quite dry have you tried the Dr Hauschka Rose day cream or the Quince cream, I know these get good reviews.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
No, I have'nt tried them. Are they working on impurities as well?
Joom
5% products discount

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I use Dermalogica Active moist which is quite good for dehydrated skin. When I've needed extra moisture I've used Dermalogica Intense Moisture Balance. I've never had a problem with either of them causing any spots.
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hey there

If your skin needs a lot of moisture, try boosting your regimen with a hyaluronic acid serum underneath your creamy moisturiser. If youve got impurities and may be breakout prone, this means you can use a lighter moisturiser (say Active Moist from Dermalogica) without feeling that your not moisturising enough because youve got the HA serum underneath.

If you want to go for a more 'natural' slant then try Decelor's Angelique Oil underneath a moisturiser. To be honest I cant think of too many moisturisers that are great at dealing with breakouts and are hydrating. I do use La Prairies Purifying System Hydro Repair which is awesome at dealing with impurities but doesnt cut it as well (although better than most designed for breakout-prone skin) in the moisturising department. I always use a HA serum underneath this.

Thats my 2 cents. Just a few principles at trying to tackle moisture and dealing with impurities.

HTH

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Farouk wrote:
Quote:
I always use a HA serum underneath this.

Hi Farouk,

What HA serum do you use? Is it easily accessible online? I've never tried an HA serum, and it may help my chronically dry, but not flakey, skin. My skin may actually be a between dry and normal, but I don't like the feel when it's not moisturized. I also want to eliminate the potential risk of lines and wrinkles due to lack of moisture. I'm constantly dabbing on eye cream!

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and used to use Dermalogica Skin Smoothing cream with no problem. I now use Avene light hydrating cream which is good for combo skin.
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals makes a hydrating b5 gel and cellex-c makes hydra b complex and their skin hydration complex. All of these can be purchased online from EDS.
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceutical B5 Gel is wonderful. Try this with your current moisturizer.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am a big fan of Dermalogica's Active Moist, it is very light though and I sometimes use their Skin Smoothing Cream at night when I want a bit more moisture instead.
Summer time though.... perfect.
Im a combo/oily skin type btw.
Another Dermalogica suggestion for during the day ( with an SPF15) is DayBright which is very non greasy and light but protects and leaves you with a soft glow that does not interfere with makeup lasting power or anything. Smile
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend that you go to a Dermalogica salon, get someone to look at your skin and then try some samples.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I've tried active moist, skin smoothing & intensive moisture balance and I think (from memory) skin smoothing was my fave. I know none of them broke me out or anything like that, but active moist didnt seem to be enough moisture for me and intensive moisture balance was too much for day time use (would be better as a night cream unless your skin is really dry). The hydrating serum is lovely also, not the slightest bit greasy but really hydrating. You can use it under another moisturiser or alone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I have been trying the intensive moisture balance from samples I got from EDS, and I can say that I really like the smooth texture and suppleness it causes to my skin.... Has anyone been using it on a reg basis during dry months?
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just started with Caudalie for dry skin and I like it so far.
Tried Dermalogica long time a ago when I didn't need it so I can't tell if it did any good or not.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have a few more samples remaining to make a judgment. It's very dry here right now, so I don't feel like it's too much moisture....
peachy3001
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Smoothing cream is the best
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
peachy3001 wrote:
Skin Smoothing cream is the best

does it cause breakout? do u use it day & nite or?
What serum to go under?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |