Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Occitane review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been a fan of L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream and when the last tube ran out I went to get another. While I was at it I also bought the Shea Butter Foot Cream, Verbena Salt Scrub, Verbena Shower Gel and got samples of Immortelle Eye. What do I think of them?

Foot Cream: Love this, it's lighter and runnier than the handcream, and smells of lavender (well it's lavendery to me, my sis says it's pepperminty and she doesn't like it. I don't mind, once its on your foot you can hardly smell anything). Your feet are left moist and light, perfect at the end of a tiring day.

Verbena Salt Scrub: I love the smell, very lemony, but I don't care for its texture - it's salt in oil, so it's messy to use. But when its rinsed off it leaves your skin soft and mooth. I can't leave it on very long, though - I get itchy when the salt's on me.

Verbena Shower Gel: Like the scrub, I love the lemony smell, but it doesn't lather very much (probably being a gel). It really wakes you up in the morning though.

Immortelle Eye cream: It gave me milia. Period.

I would buy the foot cream again, but not the shower stuff. I think I prefer creams to gels in the shower/bath. I'm never buying the Immortelle eye cream.

Hope that helps somebody decide to buy or not to buy! Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews, I have always really walked past L'Occitane. I have never really thought that it looked very good and it has always seemed over priced to me.
I do fancy tring the soap, I have been told it is very similar to my beloved Molton Brown Very Happy
The Shea Butters look like they would make good hand creams too Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the tub of 100% Shea Butter and am curious to try it on my hands and feet. I also want to try it on my two year old who suffers from terrible dry skin, especially during the winter months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Using the L'Occitane Shea Butter on your two year old is a good idea, I was looking at some of the ingredients in the Johnsons Baby skincare line and they contain so many chemicals.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
If you want to buy some of the soaps (or any other L'Occitane) stuff, rosebud, then try to get to Bicester Outlet Village. The shop there has them at much reduced prices.

Sometimes Debenhams also have L'Occitane sets reduced in their sales.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I use the L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. It is wonderful, nice and thick, love the light scent and it comes in a small 1 oz. (30 ml) purse size tube and a large 5.2 oz (150 ml).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip Majorb Very Happy . I always stock up on the Neals Yard soaps when they are on offer in the shop, I have so much soap I think it will be next year by the time I will come to buy the L'occitane.
It's taking me months to use up 1 bar!!!Laughing
I am in Debenhams regularly so I am sure I will see it on offer. Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
This Product's on QVC.com Too! Read all your fab reviews and wanted you to know - probably favorable price point. Wink
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I love, love, love Neal's Yard Remedies.

I've only once managed to visit the little London shop, which is absolutely brilliant - spent over an hour in there! Would love to go again.

Luckily, a wee gift shop and also our local John Lewis branch stock a range of NYR stuff, but not everything, sadly.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
FYI All - I was referring to the L-Occitane Review Subject available on QVC.com. Wink
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely love the L'Occitane shea butter soap, so much so that I will not use another soap, it's so moisturising, can even be lathered up between your hands and used as a shaving foam and it doesn't go all slimy as it's triple milled (meaning tightly compacted). In fact I've just counted my stock and I've got... wait for it... 27 bars of it!! It retails for £3.50 but Bicester had it for £1 each a while back so I stocked up big time!

The shea butter hand cream is their biggest seller, it's fab, so thick and moisturising, I use it just before bed, great for dry hands. The liquid soaps are lovely too, they've also got shea butter in. The range is expensive but I think it's come down in price a bit. Worth a go.
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree that the Shea butter soaps and hand cream are the best! Thanks for the heads up on the Immortelle. I was curious about it. I'll definitely stay away from it esp since i am very prone to milia. The Verbena Salt Scrub sounds nice, though. Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love the L'Occitane Shea Butter. I use it for my lips, cuticles and hands.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE their shampoo and conditioner and I'm going the Olive Radiance mask....the facial moisturizers are nice too...the olive radiance and the immortale. GREAT PRODUCTS!!!
EsthiGirl

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Their perfumes are so yummy! I personally like the vanilla Smile
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 am      Reply with quote
EsthiGirl wrote:
Their perfumes are so yummy! I personally like the vanilla Smile

I know! I love their solid perfumes, especially Magnolia!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
i am also a fan of l'occitane, but more hooked on the fragrance than the ingredients Laughing

fragrance-wise i have tried and loved eau d'azur (mimosa), verbena, vanilla and eau d l'occitan (bought for my hubby). i recently got the relaxing candle which smells good unlit but somehow the throw isn't that great Sad

as for product, the cleansing water is my favorite make up remover.it's great at removing waterproof mascara and doesn't sting at all. a little goes a long way.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
The only L'Occitane product I have tried is the Immortelle dry oil (exilir?) and it is super fabo. My skin glows when I use that at night. At the moment I only use it on nights when I have done a peel or microderm, but my skin loves it.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Love their products, havent used any of their face care, but their body stuff is great. Love Love Love their verbena anything, its very clean lemony smell.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
My first experience with L'occitane was when I bought a body lotion, shower wash and hand cream to give as a gift set. The SA threw in some samples for me to try. I liked the products so much, I decided to keep everything and had to buy my GF something else. Laughing
vvpmelon
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
The shea butter handcream is the best. I have tried Jurlique, C&E, but I always come back to this one.
yengsia
5% products discount

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I like rose bath, smell very good.
Xavierienne

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
One of my favourite products is the l'Occitane shea butter shower cream in milk. Smells like heaven!!! Doesn't foam too much. I've tried the shea butter hand cream and it's nice as well but besides it's wonderful smell I don't find it moisturizing any better then many good drugstore hand creams. It's still nice though for the fragrance alone!
Alicia
5% products discount

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
i think the cherry blossom shower gel and the body lotion smells really nice

the rose facial spray is nice too! Very Happy
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. It is a nice product, but I really dislike the thick smell.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Vitamin C Lactic 15% Vitamin C Firm & Bright Serum (30 ml / 1.0 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |