Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WARNING! Korres Magnesium Wheat Proteins Shampoo is for Men
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this on skinstore.com because when I read the description on the web site, it did not state it was only for men. The ingredients sounded really good.

Much to my surprise, when I received it, there's small print on the bottle "men's shampoo."

I freaked out and called Customer Service. She said, "Oh, you can see in the picture it says men's shampoo on the bottle." Yeah right, and I am superman with x-ray vision! That is much worse than reading the fine prints. My vision is not that good.

I asked skinstore.com to update its web site to include in the product description that this shampoo is for men. They insist that women can also use it. So I guess if they want to state that, too, I'll be happy. But I don't want anyone else surprised by their failure to tell us that the shampoo is only for men; at least that's the description on the bottle, which you'll see when you get the product. The prints are small even on the bottle, and the color of the prints blends in with the bottle pretty well.

So don't say I didn't warn ya!

As of today, they have not yet updated their web site to tell the public that the shampoo is supposed to be for men. I tried the shampoo this morning, and I have not yet turned in to a man. So that's one good thing.

http://www.skinstore.com/p-6942-korres-magnesium-and-wheat-proteins-toning-shampoo.aspx

Quote:
description for Korres Magnesium and Wheat Proteins Toning Shampoo This product meets our natural beauty standards with a high concentration of quality natural botanicals while keeping harsh chemicals to a minimum.

The Korres Magnesium and Wheat Proteins Toning Shampoo is clinically proven to help prevent hair loss and to improve hair strength. The multi-mineral combination of Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese and Zinc works to restore energy to scalp cells thus fortifying fragile hair, from root to end. At the same time, provitamin B5 increases hair body and reduces the rate of splitting. Rice and Wheat proteins remarkably enhance elasticity and protect the hair from breaking.

Benefits:

Help prevent hair loss
Improves hair strength
Protects the hair from breakage
Gives hair more body and reduces split ends
Dermatologically tested
Mineral oil and silicone free
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't normally bother whether a skincare or bodycare product is for men or women. Sometimes I've compared the ingredients and there's no difference except for the packaging and scent. More companies are doing this nowadays to expand their consumer base. Men would be more open to using the product if it came with a more masculine look. Just that maybe a product for men would be stronger/harsher since their skin for the most part isn't as delicate as ours.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
OPPS.. Sad
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
All the features of this product sounds as though they'd be just fine for most women, barring allergies to any of the ingredients (wheat itself is high allergenic).

Fifty years ago, women weren't supposed to be doctors, lawyers, MBAs, architects, etc either. Obviously, someone in marketing thought it would be brilliant to position the product this way, but who cares what marketing thinks? Male hair is no different from female hair!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I agree I wouldn't worry about it being for men. Although they should have the description updated so one else is suprised.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
haha.. sounds like something I would do! Please let us know if this product works for you! I've been looking around for something like this...there are a lot more of these types of products in Asia and not so much here in Canada which sort of sucks..

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that men's hair should not be too different from women's hair, but men go bald faster and that's normal for them. So there may be some difference there.

I think the benefits listed for the shampoo are more of interest to women:

Benefits:

Help prevent hair loss - ok, this one is of interest for men
Improves hair strength - not sure men care that much about this one
Protects the hair from breakage - Men have hair breakage, too? Isn't their hair too short to suffer breakage?
Gives hair more body and reduces split ends - Again, I can't imagine my SO worry about this one.
Dermatologically tested - Men usually don't care about this.
Mineral oil and silicone free - I don't think they care about this either.

So after reading the benefits, I was still not clued in to this being men's shampoo. Seems these benefits are something women care much more about. Anyhow, I'll definitely report back if I turn in to a man, or if my hair loves the shampoo or hates it.

Just after the one use though, seems ok. During shampoo, I had just a few hair falling, but when I used a conditioner (different brand), I got tons of hair falling. During the day, I am not seeing as much hair falling around left and right, but it is still falling.
vivian zhou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I will never try it if it's for men.
saharas

Sat May 02, 2015 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
The problem isn't that it's marketed towards men and says for men on the label.
Although the scent is pleasant, it smells very manly. That is the issue, that you don't want to smell like a man when you're a woman.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2015 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
It doesnt matter. Hair is hair, so a shampoo geared for men is good for women too and vice versa. Its marketed for men but heck, women can use it as well.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I guess that the fragrance is different
System
Automatic Message
Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology LacSal Gentle Exfoliation Cream - Small (56.7 ml / 2 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Doctor Babor Cleanformance Renewal Overnight Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |