Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Shea Terra Organics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
priusgal
5% products discount

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Anyone order from them? Their products, shea butter soap logs/bars are awesome as are their oils and creams. I'm expecting a delivery today. Yay! They have a 30% discount "dec30", and are fair trade certified.

- Dark Choc sugar stone exfolating cream
- Rooibos Vit E Reparative Face Cream
- Marula Shea Butter Smoothee
- Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser
- Moroccan Rose Water

I'll be playing later today with all my new yummy products. Very Happy

Note: I'm in no way affiliated with this company. Just want to share a great place with good products.
havana8

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting a thread on Shea Terra, priusgal. I am very interested to hear how you and anyone else makes out with their products. Smile
priusgal
5% products discount

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana8. No one responded to my post so I didn't think anyone cared. Embarassed Their Choc Exfoliating cream smells devine and leaves my skin soft and smooth. Their Marula Smoothee body cream smells a little odd but is very hydrating. Another product I purchased was Savon Noir L'Eau De Gommage w/argan & olive oil, a thick loose paste. Directions say to spread on your face and body, get in a hot shower for about 10-15 minutes, without the water hitting you, then after 10-15 min take an exfoliating mitt and rub the gommage into your skin then rinse off with cool water. My skin felt awesome afterward and I was so relaxed. The rose hips black soap cleanser leaves my face clean and smooth. I use the rooibos face cream on my retin A nights. I'll mix the rose water with some clay I bought to make a mask. I hope someone else sees this and chimes in with their experience with Shea Terra products.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this line. I bought the brick African black soap and my 16 year old daughter said it is the only thing she uses to keep her acne away. Sometimes I forget to put a piece out and she is so lazy she will not go get one and uses another cleanser and she breaks out. I just ordered the cleanser with rose hip oil and have used it only once so it is too early to tell. I have a couple of oils and love them.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the liquid and bar black soap from STO and like them. I like the bar better, but it is REALLY messy to use, so I only use the bar at night when I have more time.

I just received the dark chocolate scrub. I haven't tired it, but it smells like brownie batter. Yummy.

I may try one of the smoothies next month. Smile
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Of the products I've tried I really love what I've bought from Shea Terra.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the updates! Smile Any suggestions on which scents for the body products are the most appealing? Also, has anyone used the Night Nourishment Nutrient Facial Serum? I like the look of the ingredient listing:

Night Nourishment Nutrient Facial Serum
Ingredients: marula oil, baobab oil, argan oil, lettuce seed oil, shea nilotica, 5% vitamin E, yangu oil, carrot seed oil, tamanu oil, cert. organic Egyptian black seed oil, lavender essential oil, cape chamomile essential oil
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm making up a wish list because, as per someone on the QVC forum, they have a nice sale sometime in January.

The black soap is something I really want to try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
I have both the liquid and bar black soap from STO and like them. I like the bar better, but it is REALLY messy to use, so I only use the bar at night when I have more time.

I just received the dark chocolate scrub. I haven't tired it, but it smells like brownie batter. Yummy.

I am interested in this dark chocolate scrub,yummy. Would you please share with us how does it work later??? Very Happy
priusgal
5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:

I am interested in this dark chocolate scrub,yummy. Would you please share with us how does it work later??? Very Happy

Hi Katy - The choc scrub is delicious. I used it on my hands and feet and it leaves them smooth and moisturized.
priusgal
5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Someone posted over on the QVC board that they're having another sale this month:

code: January30

Their smoothees are nice, very moisturing. I have the Marula smoothee and it smells a bit like almonds.
priusgal
5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:47 am      Reply with quote
CODE IS: jan30
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have not used and shea butter before; will it melt like oil when we apply it on skin?

I use vaculifter right now and would like to know if it can replace facial oil.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Moroccan Vanilla Mint cream; it smelled wonderful:
http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/Moroccan-Menthe-Vanilla-Argan-Olive-Anti-aging-Hand-Body-Lotion_p_198.html

The only complaint I had about the product was that it is really thick. Because it is in a bottle with pump, the pump doesn't work very well. If it was in a jar, it would be much better. I had to dig the cream out after a few days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love this line. Unfortunately, they discontinued my favourite product, the Redbush and Rose face cream. It smelled like heaven and was great for the neck. I don't like the chocolate shea cream much as it gets behind my nails and looks dirty. The Lavender shea butter is wonderful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order today. Got my 30% off (jan30 is the code). I really wanted to try the black soap and they just got it back in stock. I didn't order any of the butters because I have tried numerous other brands and they are always too greasy and messy putting it on. I love chocolate but only the kind that you eat. Wink

5% products discount

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I just placed an order today. Got my 30% off (jan30 is the code). I really wanted to try the black soap and they just got it back in stock. I didn't order any of the butters because I have tried numerous other brands and they are always too greasy and messy putting it on. I love chocolate but only the kind that you eat. Wink

Hi Frodo - please post back when you get your black soap and let us know what you think! Did you get the bar soap or the liquid?
priusgal
5% products discount

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks for the updates! Smile Any suggestions on which scents for the body products are the most appealing? Also, has anyone used the Night Nourishment Nutrient Facial Serum? I like the look of the ingredient listing:

Ingredients: marula oil, baobab oil, argan oil, lettuce seed oil, shea nilotica, 5% vitamin E, yangu oil, carrot seed oil, tamanu oil, cert. organic Egyptian black seed oil, lavender essential oil, cape chamomile essential oil

Havana 8 - I've heard good things over on the QVC board about this product. Its definitely on my list of things to try!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
......Also, has anyone used the Night Nourishment Nutrient Facial Serum? I like the look of the ingredient listing:

Hi Havana,

Have you bought the serum yet? If so, I love to see your comments.
priusgal
5% products discount

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 am      Reply with quote
There is another 30% off sale during February:
code: feb30.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Night Nourishment Nutrient Facial Serum. Can't wait to try it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
My favorite product is their Pink Guava Shea Body Nectar Spray Oil--it smells *amazing* (at least IMO). The delivery system is terrible though; I was hoping for a nice spray, but it comes out in a fast stream and splashes everywhere. I transferred it to a glass bottle with a pump (an old Suki body oil bottle), and that works much better for me. Totally worth the decanting work, though. Smells so yummy, and a nice moisturizer, too.

I tried their Mint Marrakesh Indigenous Black Soap Elixir on my face a couple years ago (this was before they had specific face washes); I had read that it might help with acne scars, but I didn't notice a difference--and getting any of the mint near my eyes was a problem! I'd be interested if other people like their facial washes now.

Finally, I love argan oil, and I purchased it from them once. Excellent, but I can find it for less money at Garden of Wisdom. Every few days I mix a drop or two of tamanu in with my argan oil at night, so their serum looks really appealing...

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 am      Reply with quote
The treatement oil looked nice to me because it was a blend of so many nice oils - seemed more economical to buy this premixed than to buy all the oils separately.

I might have to check out the Pink Guava Shea Body Nectar Spray Oil. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am a big Shea Terra fan - thanks to Antonia (I have one jar of the red bush and rose face cream left which I use on neck and chest and sometimes hands. It's marvelous.)

My newest favorite items from Shea Terra are the Lemongrass African Black Soap Elixer which I use on my face. It is the best - face is clean, clear, gently exfoliated - Marvelous cleanser for me.
Ghassoul clay which I combine with the rose water toner. This is a lovely "spa" day ritual. I always do this before I go somewhere special - it makes the face soft and glowing and nicely hydrated. (and I have oily skin but it can appear dehydrated in this winter blah).

Another good site for ghassoul clay is Zamouri Spice. com... Or you can try Mountain Rose organics - they have it too.

I also have the Nourishment oil from STO - This is the combo of oils. I do not use this everyday but probably two nights a week. It is the "heavier" of the oils I use - Other nights I use either Baobob or Marula. (These you can get at STO also) - I love all of them. Great on hands too.
I use the Rooibos and Vitamin E serum on top of the oils I put on. This is a lovely product for me. And works on oily skin just fine.

They combine easily with Copper Peptides which I use at least once per day and sometimes twice.

These products are great - No SLS, paraben free, no artificial fragrance. The product is Fresh and I like that it is a small company and their commerce helps employ folks from small villages in Africa. It's a real win-win.

Edited to add.. Use code Feb30 for 30% off until Feb 16th.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am MAD with Shea Terra for discontinuing the Rosepetal and Redbush. I'll try the soap, Sis. Thanks for the up-and-up Smile

Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |