Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunscreen Advice from Marie Veronique Organics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.mvorganics.com/blogs/mvo/5914157-natural-sunscreen-myths
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting this.

BFG
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Jom...this is a very interesting article and I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much for posting the link.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried this line and in particular, her sunscreens? Would love to hear feedback.

BFG
havana8

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Have any of you tried this line and in particular, her sunscreens? Would love to hear feedback.

BFG

Not sure if you've seen this but there were a few comments from ShastaGirl starting with this post, going down the page: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6385732#6385732
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, about 2 years later and I still use MVO. It's my favorite, even though I've tried many others. Pratima is a nice second.

This is the one I use in light tint:
http://www.mvorganics.com/products/moisturizing-face-screen-spf-30

I've tried some of the other MVO products. I didn't like the eye serum. The anti-wrinkle serum was ok, I got a sample, but didn't buy. The vit c powder is supposed to be good but I've not tried it. The sun protection oil is nice as well and does sink in (at least for my semi-dry skin).

They used to do samples for a minimal fee ($3?). I'm not sure if they still do, you might have to email them. If you place an order you can request they add a sample of something else you want to try and that used to be at no cost.

PS: I am not affiliated with MVO, just like their sunscreen!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
thank you, BFG
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Shastagirl, can you compare the MVO to Pratima? I love the Pratima so I would like to know the differences in the 2. TIA!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Shastagirl, can you compare the MVO to Pratima? I love the Pratima so I would like to know the differences in the 2. TIA!

Well, the biggest difference is the tint. I get MVO in the light tint so it doubles as a foundation.

I find that the MVO is a bit more matte. The Pratima (rose face version) leaves a very slight sheen. Not a biggie for me, but a difference between the two.

Both are zinc and have natural ingredients. MVO may actually have more oils in it, but I think the Pratima seems more moisturizing. It's odd, but I think it has to do with how the MVO soaks in.

I've not gotten any color with either of them. They both stay "put" when you put them on, unlike some others I've used.

One last thing, the MVO is more expensive. $40 for 2 oz and the Pratima is $18 for 2 oz. With the MVO, I avoid having to buy foundation, so I justify it that way Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Shastagirl. I may give the MVO a try when my Pratima runs out. Appreciate your help!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Yes, about 2 years later and I still use MVO. It's my favorite, even though I've tried many others. Pratima is a nice second.

I've tried some of the other MVO products. I didn't like the eye serum. The anti-wrinkle serum was ok, I got a sample, but didn't buy. The vit c powder is supposed to be good but I've not tried it. The sun protection oil is nice as well and does sink in (at least for my semi-dry skin).

They used to do samples for a minimal fee ($3?). I'm not sure if they still do, you might have to email them. If you place an order you can request they add a sample of something else you want to try and that used to be at no cost.

Hi ShastaGirl, This is one of the sunscreens that I am using also and I like it. I am wondering how many squirts/pumps you use to cover your face? I am not used to using a tinted product so I feel like I'm using less of it then I would other products. I want to make sure I'm using enough for sun protection. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I just checked the link out that Shastagirl provided. I had never seen MV before, and I must say her skin is really lovely (and her neck/chest area, as well, which I am the most jealous of!).
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Hi ShastaGirl, This is one of the sunscreens that I am using also and I like it. I am wondering how many squirts/pumps you use to cover your face? I am not used to using a tinted product so I feel like I'm using less of it then I would other products. I want to make sure I'm using enough for sun protection. Thanks.

I tend to use two, sometimes three squirts of the MVO. I do find the containers sometimes clog up, so not as much comes out.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I called MVO to see if they have samples for sale and they said they do not sell samples. If you want to ask for something in particular when you order something they will send it to you with your order. And if you buy one tint of sunscreen and ask for a sample of another tint if the sample tint is a better match you can send back the full size of the one that didn't work and they will send you a full size of the one that did work.

Anyway she said that since I live in the area I am welcome to come over to their offices and test out the products for myself before deciding to purchase. The woman I talked to said that Marie is there all day on Saturdays so I could have a consultation with her if I want to. So, I might make a little field trip over to Berkeley tomorrow.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Anyway she said that since I live in the area I am welcome to come over to their offices and test out the products for myself before deciding to purchase. The woman I talked to said that Marie is there all day on Saturdays so I could have a consultation with her if I want to. So, I might make a little field trip over to Berkeley tomorrow.

Ooh, exciting Jom. Please report your experience if you go see her!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking at the website again and I noticed that they have a coupon code for a free 1/4oz Anti-Aging Oil+ with every purchase. With the code ELLE. Until June 9. I have purchased that oil but haven't used it on a regular basis but it is a very nice oil.

http://www.mvorganics.com/pages/elle-magazine
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

I tend to use two, sometimes three squirts of the MVO. I do find the containers sometimes clog up, so not as much comes out.

Thanks ShastaGirl that helps. I did receive a sample of anti age oil and the other tint color of sunscreen when I ordered last time. (this was without asking) if anyone is interested.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD, how did you find the anti-aging oil? I went ahead and ordered the sunscreen and I asked for a sample of her C product. Not sure I will get that, but I am curious about it!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
CookieD, how did you find the anti-aging oil? I went ahead and ordered the sunscreen and I asked for a sample of her C product. Not sure I will get that, but I am curious about it!

Rileygirl, I haven't used it yet because I'm still testing different products and didn't want to mix and match. Sorry I couldn't help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
So I went over to Berkeley today and met with Marie Veronique. She is a lovely woman with great skin and it was such a beautiful day here in the Bay Area today - very sunny and not too hot. I learned a lot from her. She has formulated a new retinol 1% product that is all done it's just with the marketing people. While I was over there she was whipping up a batch so she gave me a full 1 oz. bottle of it for free! She says that in her research she is finding that retinol is better for aging skin that Retin A. Retin A is good for young people with acne but retinol is a more gentle alternative to Retin A and better for aging. She says it is the law of diminishing returns you get to a certain point with Retin A and it just isn't worth it anymore. One percent retinol is more effective for aging skin than Retin A.

When I walked in she was in the middle of a speech on Vitamin C. She sells these capsules of Vitamn C - l-ascorbic acid. She says that l-ascorbic acid is the ONLY form of Vitamin C that is effective (emphasis hers). She was adamant about this. She says in order for Vitamin C to be effective it has to 1) be l-ascorbic acid, 2) be at least 10% concentration and 3) be fresh. She sells capsules of Vitamin C powder, l-ascorbic acid at 10%. She has put a LOT of research into her ingredients and her products.

She cannot get excited about cleansers. She didn't even try to sell me one of hers she said I don't need it. She said in the morning all you have to do is rinse your face with water. If you wash with soap you're 50% less protected. At night, she said to cleanse with an oil.

She also has said that in her research she has found that using a sunscreen that has antioxidants in it is more effective than those that do not have antioxidants.

She recommends using her new 1% retinol product with the Vitamin C capsules at night. She said to break open a capsule and mix it with the serum and apply it. Or use any other serum or oil as a base. So I bought some of the capsules to experiment with. She says l-ascorbic acid stays on your skin for three days so you can go a few days without using the Vitamin C (I know not new news for EDSers).

The routine she recommended for me was:

AM
rinse with water
use Anti Aging+ oil (which I have)
sunscreen

PM
cleanse
Anti Aging+ oil
retinol serum mixed with Vitamin C capsules

I bought the Vitamn C capsules and the moisturizing sunscreen in light. She was not big on trying to sell me products.

The sunscreen application goes on better with an oil or moisturizer underneath it.

She says what a lot of folks on this forum say, that when it comes to anti aging the only two ingredients that are PROVEN are Retin A/retinol and Vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid).

Her Vitamin C capsules also contain niacinamide, n-acetyl glucosamine and alpha lipoic acid.

I believe most of this information is on her website I just have not read her website in its' entirety.

As a side note, I don't know if I was more excited about talking to Marie or about the great suction hooks I found at the Crate and Barrel Outlet today. Just place them on the wall and push back on a clip and the hook magically clings to the wall! Just what I needed and only 3 bucks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for reporting back, Jom. I am very interested in her C capsules and asked for a sample of that. Let us know how you like them, ok? Glad to see her recommendation on the cleansing routine, as that is what I do, and I am also glad to hear she is pro A and C.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi jom, yes, thank you Cool

She says that in her research she is finding that retinol is better for aging skin that Retin A. Did she explain why? we have seen other links to this here recently.

She says that l-ascorbic acid is the ONLY form of Vitamin C that is effective (emphasis hers). She was adamant about this. S Did she explain why the others are not effective...I mean there is research on the others, so would love to know her rationale.

If you wash with soap you're 50% less protected. At night, she said to cleanse with an oil. yes, corroborated elsewhere.

She also has said that in her research she has found that using a sunscreen that has antioxidants in it is more effective than those that do not have antioxidants. yes, corroborated elsewhere. Thought her write up was good on her site, did she add anything further?

Hey, good deal on the hooks! Smile

BFG
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi jom, yes, thank you Cool

She says that in her research she is finding that retinol is better for aging skin that Retin A. Did she explain why? we have seen other links to this here recently.

She says that l-ascorbic acid is the ONLY form of Vitamin C that is effective (emphasis hers). She was adamant about this. S Did she explain why the others are not effective...I mean there is research on the others, so would love to know her rationale.

If you wash with soap you're 50% less protected. At night, she said to cleanse with an oil. yes, corroborated elsewhere.

She also has said that in her research she has found that using a sunscreen that has antioxidants in it is more effective than those that do not have antioxidants. yes, corroborated elsewhere. Thought her write up was good on her site, did she add anything further?

Hey, good deal on the hooks! Smile

BFG

Hi BFG,

As far as the retinol goes she says that it is the law of diminishing returns with Retin A you get to a certain point and it is more irritating than helpful. It's overkill for aging skin. Retinol is better for aging skin because it is not as irritating and does not cause the dryness that Retin A causes. It is just much gentler.

This is from her website on l-ascorbic acid (she has done a LOT of research and this was her conclusion after doing the research):

"Vitamin C in its water-soluble form (l-ascorbic acid) is extremely effective as an anti-oxidant, and it also repairs past damage, lightens sun spots and stimulates collagen production. The problem with Vitamin C is that it oxidizes rapidly in liquid, becoming a prooxidant, creating free radicals rather than neutralizing them. Skin care companies have tried to resolve the l-ascorbic acid problem by replacing it with oil-soluble forms (Vitamin C-esther, ascorbyl palmitate), however studies show that these versions are much less effective than l-ascorbic acid.

MVO solves this problem by delivering Vitamin C in powder form and in capsules. This allows you to dispense the exact amount you need and ensures that it's fresh each time.

To make sure you are getting effective Vitamin C in your skin care, check the label for l-ascorbic acid. If it's a Vitamin C serum, chances are you will be getting an oil soluble version of Vitamin C, rather than l-ascorbic acid. If it is indeed l-ascorbic acid, check the color of your serum. If it's yellow or orange, your Vitamin C has begun to oxidize. If it's brown or dark brown your serum contains only prooxidants and will be doing your skin more harm than good."

I used the retinol product she gave me mixed with the Vitamin C capsules last night and my skin looks great this morning. I used it under my eyes, I wasn't as careful with it under my eyes as I am with the Retin A and the lines under my eyes are gone. It really plumped them up better than anything I have ever used. I don't know how long the effect will last. The Vitamin C capsules are a little grainy, it feels like some of it does not absorb so I'm planning to call or go back to ask about it.

Riley, what are you planning to mix the Vitamic C capsules with?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi jom, if I get a sample, I figured I would mix it with the anti-aging oil. What do you think? I would try the anti-aging oil by itself first just to make sure I don't have any reaction.

ETA: LOL. I just realized that I would need a Serum and not an oil to mix the capsule with! Well, now I have no idea what I will mix it with! I will have to give that a little thought!!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi jom, if I get a sample, I figured I would mix it with the anti-aging oil. What do you think? I would try the anti-aging oil by itself first just to make sure I don't have any reaction.

ETA: LOL. I just realized that I would need a Serum and not an oil to mix the capsule with! Well, now I have no idea what I will mix it with! I will have to give that a little thought!!

Marie said you can mix the capsule with the oil or a serum. She also said you could just mix it with water. Aloe vera gel would probably work as well.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |