Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Brazilian Wax anyone ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Not for me Elfie. You couldn't possibly get such a close shave, of course the results also would be according to what type, colour etc.
I think the best thing I have ever done in my life was to have laser treatments. Specially the bikini line responds really well. The corser the hair the more effective the treatment is.
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
What about the pain? I have had laser on my legs, and it hurt. I can't imagine what it feels like on the «sensitive» spots.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
For those who exfoliate prior to shaving, which product do you use? I'm so prone to ingrown hair on my legs Sad
Louise Clemson
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Before going for waxing or shaving, and after, I use MD Formulations glycolic body scrub. It's fantastic I don't have a problem with ingrowing hairs now but I'm one of the unfortunate who gets huge lumps from them once I've shaved or waxed!! Confused
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I can say it loud and proud that both my boyfriend and i absolutely LOVES my brazillian was Exclamation
For me, i got really thick hair, and it killed me when i had mine done. Maybe a 9.5/10 score for pain level? But i must admit i dont have a very high pain threshold.
You feel so much more hygeinic after it and feels fresh all the time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
wow another old thread (I'm starting to feel right at home again!).

For thre record I've not returned to teh torture and humiliation salon, but I now use a seiko close shave (I think it's called. I use it every other day, have no problems with ingrowing hairs and it's baby smooth. Plus no issues with slicing yourself either. In fact it is safe enough to use on testicles ...and you can imagine how tricky THEY would be to shave! Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
You'd have to have a very trusting partner thats all I can say Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've shaved for years... Always just left a landing strip. I'd always get such horrible ingrowns and razor burn, different shaving gels/creams and aftercare products would help a little, but wouldn't get rid of the problem completely...

I was never brave enough to get waxed... I went straight for laser! So far I'm loving it! I've had 4 treatments and about 50-55% of the hair is GONE! And every time the regrowth gets finer and finer... Pretty soon I'm going to have to see an electrologist as the laser is really only effective on dark, coarse hair. It's a little expensive, but it's definitely worth it! Just be sure to do some research first... There's good laser practicioners and bad ones... Bad ones can leave you with scarring and all kinds of other problems. The good ones only give you hair free, smooth skin!
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I've probably tried it all. Shaved with a regular razer and epilator. Done salon Brazilian wax and home wax. It'll look & feel good for a couple of days before itching and ingrown problems hit again - regardless how much I exfoliate beforehand and cream I put after that. I have 4 lasor treatments done and am happy with the results so far. Having said that, I must forewarn you that it's painful. I've been recommended to use topical gel to numb that area first before treatment. However, I'm not sure if that has any side impact on s*x life though.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
The Queen wrote:
You'd have to have a very trusting partner thats all I can say Laughing Laughing Laughing

well that's the beauty of it. Even after a bottle of shiraz and without my specs I just cannot cut myself with it. Guapaboy was up for being a gineapig, on the testes front but he is so hairy everywhere else I wouldn't know where to stop. I do think the fact he is willing to let me do it gives an indication of how safe it is though Laughing

5% products discount

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:47 am      Reply with quote
HELP! How often do you exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs? I have waxed for years, and have terrible ingrown hairs and scarring. Shaving is even worse. I do exfoliate and use TendSkin but it only relieves the problem slightly. Exfoliating even seems to irritate the skin more than help! Does anyone have any other products to suggest that you have had great results with preventing and HEALING ingrown hairs? I would be very grateful. Sad
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I've eventually had to admit defeat with ingrowing hairs in the bikini line area through epilation, shaving or waxing. Anti-ingrown remedies and exfoliation don't work for me. So I'm currently using a battery powdered shaver called the Seiko Cleancut. Although you do need to trim the hair down to a couple of millimetres or so short before using it, which I do by using the Shavy Femini.

Unfortunately, this doesn't leave the area 100% smooth and you need to have a quick trim every day, but it looks fine and there are no ingrowing hairs.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I had this done a few years ago for my anniversary. NEVER AGAIN ! I felt so unprotected without any hair. Maybe people get used to it. I guess if you had to wear a swimsuit all the time, it would be okay. Personally, I'll just do the bikini wax from now on.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I've eventually had to admit defeat with ingrowing hairs in the bikini line area through epilation, shaving or waxing.

I've recently had an IPL brazilian done and can confirm that what they say is true - there are no ingrowns with IPL hair removal. I'm not sure if I am all that happy with the results of my first session but let's wait and see what happens at the second one which is two weeks from now.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
majorb wrote:
I've eventually had to admit defeat with ingrowing hairs in the bikini line area through epilation, shaving or waxing.

I've recently had an IPL brazilian done and can confirm that what they say is true - there are no ingrowns with IPL hair removal. I'm not sure if I am all that happy with the results of my first session but let's wait and see what happens at the second one which is two weeks from now.

If I can save up the money, I'd dearly love to do the same. It would be such a relief to finally be free of all the hassle, and I wouldn't mind having to get a top-up every now and again if necessary.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Mabsy;

How many session will you do in total? Also - what is the cost (per session or the whole package)?
I've been doing Brazilian wax and/or shave for years Embarassed ! I would love to be able to get rid of hair for good.
Thanks, R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I did laser hair removal on bikini and underarms, hurt like a bugger so I'm wondering if it would hurt even more getting closer to more sensitive parts? Hmmm, doesn't seem fair that men don't have to worry about doing these kind of things to themselves does it ladies? Smile
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I rofl reading your posts! Amazing something so delicate a topic can be such a fun discussion.

Anyways - I shave everything off most times; otherwise when I have time in my hands I'd experiment with um, patterns haha. Laughing (but usually they look hideous and I end up being bald.

I'd never wax, can't stand even the thought of it. I'm not the hairy type, but I once waxed my legs and it was still big time owie, so I don't dare do it down there.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, Smile
I have had brazilian wax many a times and i have found using tend skin a few days before and especaily after any hair removal will rid ingrown hair, inchness etc.
Right now i am getting laser which is working out great for me.
And tend skin really works
Mabsy

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Shirley M wrote:
I did laser hair removal on bikini and underarms, hurt like a bugger so I'm wondering if it would hurt even more getting closer to more sensitive parts?

I can answer that - YES! However, I think this is because of pigmentation changes in the skin (the darker the colour the more energy is absorbed, hence how the hair is killed) not because of getting close to the sensitive areas (though it could be both).
Mabsy

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
How many session will you do in total? Also - what is the cost (per session or the whole package)?

I've been told I'll need 5-6 sessions. Keep in mind that I am pale and have dark skin. If you have darker skin/lighter hair then they have to turn the power down and you may need more sessions. Each session costs me Au$155 (though this is a special price they have going). HTH
rgw0125w
5% products discount

Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have been shaving completly for about 6 months, in the beginning I had really bad razor bumps and ingrown hair, a girl told me to use a small spray bottle with 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 water. Works like majic no more bumps or ingrown hairs. Just shave and spray before you get out of the shower!
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I've had bikini, semi-Brazilian (don't know what it's called officially), full Brazilian and "baby". With all of them came the pesky, annoying ingrown hairs. I managed to keep it mostly under control with Tend Skin, scrubby mitt, etc., until I got this one, almost cystic, ingrown hair that just would NOT go away. It became painful and resembled a pencil eraser -- red and lumpy.

Out of desperation, I tried using Tazorac on the waxed area, concentrating on the boo-boo. Tazorac makes a mess of my face 'cause it's just too strong but it seems to be doing the trick so far on my nether regions -- two weeks post-wax and no ingrowns (except for that damned eraser, which is thankfully getting smaller). I have been careful not to apply it to the inner lip area and have experienced no irritation or tenderness. (I must heartily congratulate myself on an experiment that actually worked for once; some of my other ones haven't been nearly as successful. Laughing )
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
My boyfriend has always refused to have sex with women who have waxed themselves completely bare – he says it makes him feel like a child-molester because the woman looks prepubescent!! He doesn’t mind the landing strip, but completely bald is a no-no...just something else you might want to consider!

Carrie

My husband is just the same.
I tidy up around the edges so when I'm in my swimmers I'm not sprouting but apart from that I'm natural.
He likes it.

Also, the idea of him having one is revolting to me. Iam happy with his hair.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Just wanted to check on your progress.

I'm hoping to finally start laser hair removal on my legs, then maybe underarms and bikini, early in the New Year. Was wondering whether you'd still recommend IPL? And also what your results in hair reduction have been so far?

There appear to be 2 options available in my location - IPL and Lumenis LightSheer diode laser. I'm wondering which to choose.

My skin is very pale and my hair ranges from dark brown (on legs and underarms) to dark, gingery blonde in the bikini area.

Does anyone with experience of either of these (or other laser hair removal treatments) have any advice or recommendations?
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |