Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Brazilian Wax anyone ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Sangria1269 wrote:
nah, the laser thing (if done properly), you are good to go when you leave, and everything is fine down there. what is with the whole bald thing anyways? I dont understand it, wouldnt it seem like guys would WANT a reminder that they are with an adult? Bizarro.
I wouldnt recommend the Nair down there, anything that is strong enough to dissolve hair makes me skeptical that it doesnt affect your skin or lymph nodes.

Personally I could care less what my husband liked in my "grooming" habits! Laughing I prefer the no hair look, hair down there is just really physically uncomfortable for me, besides I would hope that looking at boobs would be enough for him to remember that he is with an adult!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Sangria1269 wrote:
nah, the laser thing (if done properly), you are good to go when you leave, and everything is fine down there. what is with the whole bald thing anyways? I dont understand it, wouldnt it seem like guys would WANT a reminder that they are with an adult? Bizarro.
I wouldnt recommend the Nair down there, anything that is strong enough to dissolve hair makes me skeptical that it doesnt affect your skin or lymph nodes.

Personally I could care less what my husband liked in my "grooming" habits! Laughing I prefer the no hair look, hair down there is just really physically uncomfortable for me, besides I would hope that looking at boobs would be enough for him to remember that he is with an adult!

Amen, sista! I'm the exact same way as VS, which is why I've scheduled my first bikini laser appt for monday. The laser knocked out my armpit hair in just two sessions, so I can't wait to see what it does to my bikini area!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Veet or Nair hair cream remover. Works great and it's painless. It doesn't remove your hair from the roots but a brazilian wax is painful and the hair grows back just as quick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man. I said I wouldn't do it, but there I went. A (what I thought was going to be)Brazilian. I specifically said "landing strip" but before I knew it she had done the whole enchilada. And it HURT!!
Just like diderot said: "a fresh piece of boneless chicken"!
I thought Oh well, it'll grow back, and paid the bill and left.
Well now I am just sad, I look so weird!
It's Parissa strips for me from now on!!

5% products discount

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:50 am      Reply with quote
i have gone for regular brazilian wax regularly for the past 2 years and have decided to go for laser. It feel so clean after the wax!
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:02 am      Reply with quote
alley0808 could you please kepp us posted on how the lazer treatment goes? That would be great if you could because I am intruiged, but worried about pain and about it not all going away etc.

Thanks!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I've had 6 laser treatments on my underarms, legs, and bikini....and that was over 2 yrs ago. I LOVE IT. I got 2 coworkers, 2 friends, and my sister sucked into it too. After they saw my results. It was the best investment. I mean no more shaving...well, actually I get a few hairs here and there. But that takes a quick little swipe of the razor and its done. I used to spend a good 1/2 hr in the shower..and still have stubble the next day. The best part is that my skin is just so smooth and soft and shaving was leaving me with itchy stubble and nixs. Waxing/Sugaring was great for a yr, but then I got horrible ingrown hairs and that left me with scars. The bikini actually only costs about $800 for 5-6 treatments, spread out about 3 months apart each time. I love that I no longer get those nasty ingrown hairs or bumps in my bikini line. The nurses at the medspa that I went to are awesome, and you decide on what you want taken off, and the amount. I am not going to lie about the pain....it hurts pretty bad. I used a numbing cream, 2 advils, and it was horrible. Obviously, that area is pretty sensitive...but it was temporary and the results are great. Once you get over the initial pain of it. You will see some regrowth, but in the past 2 yrs I would say about 80-90% of the hair on my underarms, legs, and bikini are gone and the ones that are there are sparse and quite thin. Plus the best part is that in the summer, I never have to think about getting in my swimsuit. You should make sure you are a good candidate, even though they say that they have new lasers for all hair/skin types. I only think it really works well if your hair is darker than your skin. Also, the thicker or coarser the hair the easier it catch on the laser. The upper lip, arms, and some parts of the thigh were useless because the hair was lighter and thinner.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I skimmed through the thread, but just want to get an up to date opinion on the following.

1. Is the best result with coarse/thick hair, or fine/thin/sparse hair.

2. Do you have to let the hair grow out, and if yes about how long?

3. Is having it done downtown totally and utterly humiliating?

Many thanks....I think. Confused
alley0808
5% products discount

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
i share the same view with Yomama606 - its one of my best investment. I have also got rid of hairs via laser for underarm, hands & legs 2 years ago. Well, as you would have imagine, its more painful down there. But its worthit cos its not as painful as waxing! if u can handle waxing, u have no problem with lazer. Well, the lady doctor i visit is very assuring, which helps a lot.

As mentioned by Yomama606, u will not get rid of the hair entirely. there is still be a little hanging around and laser is good for coarse n dark hair.

i hope this helps! Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I skimmed through the thread, but just want to get an up to date opinion on the following.

1. Is the best result with coarse/thick hair, or fine/thin/sparse hair.

2. Do you have to let the hair grow out, and if yes about how long?

3. Is having it done downtown totally and utterly humiliating?

Many thanks....I think. Confused

I did laser treatments on my legs and bikini area many years ago.

Yes, results are better on areas with thicker and darker hair. I would say that perhaps 20 or 30 per cent of the hair grew back after laser treatments, but they were lighter and thinner than before. The remaining hair can be treated with electrolysis.

My laser therapist told me to shave about one - two weeks prior to treatment. It depends on how fast your hair grows.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Actually they made us shave the day of treatment or 1 day before, so you aren't hairy or letting anything grow out like with waxing. That is what used to annoy me about waxing. The only thing you can't do is wax, pluck, or use hair removal creams for 2-3 weeks before and after each treatment. So basically you should only shave for that time being. They recommend you not tanning as well. Once you complete a treatment, you have a good 2 months of no hair growth. Which is awesome.

The laser works best with dark, coarse hairs. So lower legs have better results as opposed to the fine hairs on your thighs. The upper lip is also hard to treat.

As far as being humiliating, its not that bad. I am a little bit of a prude and couldn't believe I was getting this done. But the nurse put me at ease and they are so professional and its pretty quick. I guess as a woman if you have been waxed or even to the OB/GYN...this is no where near as embarrassing.
meg715
5% products discount

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
hmm.. It still sounds painful. I think ill stick to shaving! I shave everday it takes only a few minutes. If i dont shave every day i will get ingrown hairs but its become part of my routine and i dont even think about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Someone just shared this waxing video with me, and it cracked me up, so I thought I would share. It starts a little slow, but gets prgressively better! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRKo113xwA

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
yes-yes, this IS painful! Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all for the helpful info. I think I'll be stuck with shaving though for one more summer. Vacation is coming up in August, and I wouldn't have enough time between now and then to grow it out and have it zapped.

That video was hysterical Laughing
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Someone just shared this waxing video with me, and it cracked me up, so I thought I would share. It starts a little slow, but gets prgressively better! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRKo113xwA

Laughing Laughing This is hilarious!! Laughing Laughing

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
CupcakeOrTwo

Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here and a little late to the party, but I thought I'd chime in. I've been getting Brazilian waxes (everything gone, front and, ahem, back) for about 4 years after several years of shaving (I'm 35). I go to a great salon where they use hard wax (no strips...they put on the wax, let it harden, flick the corner up and pull). In my experience, I have never had any itching, dryness or ingrowns—any decent salon will give you post-wax instructions that tell you to exfoliate the area to prevent these problems. I don't even begin to see new growth for about 3 to 4 weeks. I'm completely smooth for that long. The new growth is baby fine and not itchy at all.

I'll never go back to shaving. Now that was uncomfortable. I'll gladly endure the slight and brief pain of waxing to avoid the pain of razor burn, ingrowns and prickly stubble. Surprised)
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with those who said that laser was a great investment!

I have fair skin but dark, coarse hairs and it took about five sessions for them to disappear from my armpits, belly and bikini area.
The few that still may come out are so sparse and thin, as to be invisible and I was finally able to get rid of ingrown hairs, which looked horrible.

The pain is OK, especially if you use a numbing cream.

I am actually thinking about doing my legs, since in the long run it is economical, considering I have had professional waxing monthly since 1982!

I should mention that my facial hair is still there, allbeit much sparser and thinner, after 23 sessions! But, then, my derm had warned me that facial hair is much harder to get rid of than bodily hair.

Anyway, everything looks so wonderfully clean afterwards, unlike waxing and electrolysis that always left my skin irritated for days.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I had laser treatments for my upper lip and it was painful. I can only imagine how painful it must be to have your hair removed down there with a laser. It seems that keeping hair manicured down there is a necessity for personal hygiene. So, I use hair removal creams where ever I can and shave where ever I can. I have thought about waxing never a Brazilian but I am too chicken about pain!
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
As someone mentioned about the "baldness factor" when you get older and things could get a bit, umm.. saggy down there. It DOES, I can tell you that. It's a natural thing as you age.

So think twice about lasering it all off, because you just MIGHT not like the way things look as you get older. Confused Unless you don't care about what you like by that time. Very Happy
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I spent most of my life since puberty plucking, shaving, threading,waxing etc. All the while complaining about the constant up keep! My mother has always told me that do not look at it as such a bad thing because after menopause you have a substantial loss of hair including body hair and then comes the sagging. It seems that the older woman who need the coverup are left without it and younger woman who do not need the coverup have lots of it!
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
I spent most of my life since puberty plucking, shaving, threading,waxing etc. All the while complaining about the constant up keep! My mother has always told me that do not look at it as such a bad thing because after menopause you have a substantial loss of hair including body hair and then comes the sagging. It seems that the older woman who need the coverup are left without it and younger woman who do not need the coverup have lots of it!

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
carebear

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I will never go back to razor-shaving or waxing again since using the Seiko Clean Cut Shaver. I have been using this great product for over four years. I razor-shaved and waxed for almost eighteen years. It is a small, stainless steel, one "C" battery operated, cylindrical shaped shaver (approx. 4" high by 1" diameter) that was made just for pubic hair removal. It almost looks like one of those shavers for removing fibre pills on knit fabrics. No more
"nicks/cuts/ingrown hairs/irritation" for me ever again. Best of all its, fast, safe, and easy. Gals, you gotta try it! Unfortunately, in Canada, the Seiko Clean Cut Shaver can only be ordered online. It is somewhat pricey but well worth it. Buyer beware, there are cheap knock-offs on the market that will not last long.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:36 am      Reply with quote
carebear wrote:
I will never go back to razor-shaving or waxing again since using the Seiko Clean Cut Shaver. I have been using this great product for over four years. I razor-shaved and waxed for almost eighteen years. It is a small, stainless steel, one "C" battery operated, cylindrical shaped shaver (approx. 4" high by 1" diameter) that was made just for pubic hair removal. It almost looks like one of those shavers for removing fibre pills on knit fabrics. No more
"nicks/cuts/ingrown hairs/irritation" for me ever again. Best of all its, fast, safe, and easy. Gals, you gotta try it! Unfortunately, in Canada, the Seiko Clean Cut Shaver can only be ordered online. It is somewhat pricey but well worth it. Buyer beware, there are cheap knock-offs on the market that will not last long.

sounds like advertising

5% products discount

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I've done brazilian waxing for several years. My third time I actually tried using hard wax at home... let's just say I didn't finish, and the pain was so bad that I couldn't coax my arm to pull after doing a few strips. I've done underarms, legs, and face at home, but always go to a salon for the brazilian. My hair grows quite fast, so I get stubble in about 2 weeks, but it's way better than shaving, and I let the hair grow a bit before getting it redone. I'd suggest laser if you can afford it - in the long run you will probably save money, and have far fewer sessions of pain!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |