Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Brazilian Wax anyone ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Let me just say, I am so glad to have consulted you girls first, before doing anything I might regret Pray

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
Didn't really think about him when I did it last nite, I guess I will find out soon Embarassed
So....what was the verdict?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
OUCH....oooohhhh shaved it all off...has the itching started yet??

I'd be frightened to get mine lasered off just incase I was pretty wrinkled down there!! Laughing

I've always used my Venus!..Had a waxing twice before holidays but nothing more than that..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Eve, I would go to another salon to have it done. I didn't like the attitude of 'ooh why do you want to do that then?' I found it to be intrusive. That said it didn't hurt much and the regrowth was very slow. I didn't get any ingrowing probs either, maybe because I body brush. I usually shave using a Venus and I would NEVER get it lasered! Shock ...though I suppose if you did have it lasered and you changed your mind, you could always wear a merkin Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Liz, speaking of merkins...one of my Brit friends was telling me a few months ago about a show on Brit TV dealing with pubic hair wigs!!! Here’s her direct quote:

“Which reminds me there was this program on tv last week here called hairy women, it was gross. There was these women who were having their pubic hair waxed off completely (ouch!!!) and fitted with a wig!!! Yes a pubic wig - this man has made a fortune out of it. Some are even made of real hair yuck. This women stood there bald as anything and this bloke glued a bright pink wig on her and fluffed it up and combed it out – yuck!!. And to have one made of real hair too - obviously someone else's hair: GROSS!!!!”

Gosh, I’m so sorry I missed it. I’m sure Stone Phillips would love to cover that topic sometime on “Dateline - NBC....” Unfortunately, Americans tend to be a bit prudish about these sort of things so you’d never see anything like that on American TV unless it was one of the pay-TV cable channels.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
you guys have the weirdest TV shows! My grandma told me last summer that she had watched a program about waxing and that they showed pam anderson getting a full wax down there... Shock

I'm more shocked that my 85 year old granny is watching this garbage!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it’s not like half the world’s population hasn’t already seen Pam’s sn*tch.... Bad Grin
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hahahahahahahahahaha
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
that's true...but it's my granny~!!! most grannies don't even know who pam anderson is!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
mmmmmm missed that show Carrie! As to merkins, I believe that the only maker is actually an american company AMC. If you google merkins it comes up. I had also heard that in some chat rooms merkin is a slang for american based upon your lovely leader's pronunciation
"We 'mer'cans must join together..." Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:30 am      Reply with quote
ok, I changed my mind.....so glad, it was just a shave !!!

carakate, verdict ? get the hint....

D Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
ingrown hair is aweful
anybody know how to prevent it?
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been a total convert to the "bald" look for probably about 4-5 years. I always just shave and after awhile you get really good at it and fast too Laughing As for the ingrowns and itch...I find it same as your legs so what is the big deal Confused Guess if you have sensitive skin on your legs it would be sensitive everywhere Shock Anyway I love it and will never go back....I always feel so much cleaner Very Happy
Aukue
5% products discount

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
The product Tend Skin is in"tended" (wow that was smart of them!) LOL for ingrown hairs and I have used it for that on the external areas of the bikini area when having brazilian/sphinx or ? bikini waxes. Also find I get less ingrown hair with the hard wax that doesn't use strips of cotton/muslin. So for me, less ingrown with stripless type waxes. Some people do have a tendancy to ingrowns (myself included) but it's also important who is doing it, the angle they are pulling at etc. so as not to disrupt the follicle over time.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Aukue wrote:
The product Tend Skin is in"tended" (wow that was smart of them!)
FYI - there’s a recipe for homemade TendSkin in the “~~~DIY Skincare Recipes ~~~” sticky thread in the SkinCare Forum.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Wow THIS is such a great forum to have joined, thanks! You're just too good!! Very Happy Thanks for being so on the ball!!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
As we're talking about such a delicate subject, let me tell you my story....... I bought a home electrolis kit, the one where you are supposed to zap the hair with a little electric volt and then it just comes out easily with this tweezer like thing, well imagine how long it would take to do your whole lulu, there I was for about 3 hours and each one was the most painful experience of my life until I realised I hadn't actually switched the machine on!! Hair grew back within 2 days!! Oh the perils of being a woman!! Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
As we're talking about such a delicate subject, let me tell you my story....... I bought a home electrolis kit, the one where you are supposed to zap the hair with a little electric volt and then it just comes out easily with this tweezer like thing, well imagine how long it would take to do your whole lulu, there I was for about 3 hours and each one was the most painful experience of my life until I realised I hadn't actually switched the machine on!! Hair grew back within 2 days!! Oh the perils of being a woman!! Smile

rofl Have you used that home kit again? Does it actually work?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes I tried again, with it switched on this time!! Didn't hurt as much but the hair didn't grow back any slower. Waste of time and money in my opinion.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been shaving ever since i was 17..and im 20 now.. I was always told by my mom that it wouldnt look right..that i'd look like a child. But I wanted to give it a try, and i did. I feel so clean not having hair down there; i attempted to grow it back in a few weeks ago and wax myself(Keep in mind i tried growing it out for 2 weeks, and only got 1/8-1/4 of hair...). big mistake. I waited until the parents were away, put some music on, put the wax on and got the strips...when it came to the pulling part i freaked out because i knew i couldnt pull it fast and just get it over with. i attempted a fast pull once...and it hurt like crazy! so in the end i had a bunch of left over wax on me that i had to get off with baby oil and sugar scrub. then i shaved it all off again and never spoke of the incident with anyone until now. Also, the area i pulled the strip off of bruised on me within 20 minutes of doing it...it was scary:(

5% products discount

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I had one of those home electroysis machines some years back I didn't like it either. Man that brings back memories I found I couldn't hack it and I think it's collecting dust somewhere. Good to get the "mystery" out of brazilian bikini waxes. My friends went to the Vegas Beauty Expo for professionals last year and they saw a demo of not only a female brazilian BUT listen to this..yes a MALE one! Shock They had it up on the big screen (zoom in cam and all) as the room was so full. A friend of mine in Vancouver also used to do male bikini waxes in varying degrees. So us girls are not alone in this either anymore! Imagine that!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Funny topic....I use Brazilian Microwave Hair Remover Kit for Private Parts by Surgi-Wax. You can purchase it at Walgreens for $6.00 USD. I think I've found this at Walmarts as well. It's a microwave wax, that does not require cotton strips. The trick to keeping the wax from ripping your skin out is to apply an oil to the area to be waxed prior to application. Ripping hair out of your skin is never painless, but I've found this to be the best home solution. (I use this on my underarms and legs as well!) And there are topical numbing creams available, over the counter, that can be applied prior to waxing.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
i went to this brazilian waxer lady...and she always puts baby powder on the area before waxing. It is sooo much more painless!! I recommend putting baby powder before waxing.
Aukue
5% products discount

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yep that's right, baby powder with the strip wax, but oil for the hard wax..as they are different systems. Powder absorbs excess moisture and protects sensitive skin as waxing does exfoliate. I have to use powder when using strip waxes as my skin is sensitive. But when using the hard wax I use the pre oil (but only very little). I can't spell today!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
do ppl exfoiliate the area to avoid ingrown hairs?
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |