Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)
Crown Natural Make-up Brushes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
All bar one of the Crown brushes I own are from the Luna series and are all natural fibres; apparently many of the brushes from Make-up Geek and Coastal Scents are rebranded Crown. When purchased directly from the manufacturer, the brushes are not marked or labelled in any way and all have different length handles.

IB124 kabuki & BK31 mini flat bronzer (Italian badger, ~$15)
The IB24 has densely packed bristles and plenty soft enough not to irritate my sensitive skin. This brush does occasionally shed a hair, but is still my favourite Crown brush! I found the BK31 disappointing for the price: scratchy and a little sparse on hair so I returned it unused for a refund.

BK40 oval shadow (badger, ~$6) & BK15 oval shadow (sable, <$4)
Both these brushes are very densely packed and the sable is particularly soft; I have not noticed any shedding from either one. The badger brush arrived 40% (4mm) bigger than listed - website since amended - so rather too large for applying shadow to hooded eyelids. A lovely brush nonetheless which I opted to keep.

BK18 & BK42 pencil brushes (sable-goat mix, <$4)
These two brushes are very similar, I am not sure why Crown offers them both in the same fibre blend and handle design. The BK42 I received is 40% (3mm) bigger than listed, making the BK18 smaller in every dimension even tho the stated tip length is larger. One online review claims the black dye bleeds during washing, but there is no problem when applying powder products. The bristles are quite stiff which I like for working in the crease of hooded eyes.

BK36 angle blender (badger, <$5.50) & BK30 blending fluff (badger, ~$4.50)
Have not used the angle blender yet as the brush arrived with the bristles in disarray, so had to be returned and replaced. The blending fluff is super soft and the right density for the task.

BK16 mini smudger (sable, $3), BK33 mini smudger (badger, ~$4.50) & BK35 angle brow (badger, <$3.50)
The only one of these three I would re-purchase is the BK33, which has stiff and densely packed bristles so is suitable for both smudging and precision shadow application. The soft and petite BK16 has half the bristles of BK33, so would be of most use to those who line and smudge under the lower lashes (which I don't). The first BK35 I received had a 'step' cut into the angle and its replacement is not stiff enough for working powder into denser eyebrows.

Crown Customer Service
Due to an initial error on my part then receiving faulty items, there were e-mails flying back and forth between myself and Crown. CS responded to queries promptly, complaints helpfully and were courteous at all times. My main reservation is poor quality control, having received a couple of brushes which were not the stated size and a couple more which had been badly trimmed. However I would still recommend this company to UK residents on a budget as Crown do not quibble over returns.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a new mineral foundation brush, have you ever bought a base brush from this company and if so what were your thoughts?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:47 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
I am looking for a new mineral foundation brush, have you ever bought a base brush from this company and if so what were your thoughts?

The IB124 I reviewed above is a kabuki so would work for mineral foundation. My other base brushes are Sigma which I have also reviewed here on ESD.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm not big on Kabuki brushes, much prefer a nice fluffy long stemmed brush, that can be used in stroking motions will have to have a look at your other reviews Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
They have these for sale on HauteLook for about half off pretty often, I want to jump in on the next one so I can try them, cheaply.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
I'm not big on Kabuki brushes, much prefer a nice fluffy long stemmed brush, that can be used in stroking motions will have to have a look at your other reviews Smile

Not all kabuki brushes have stumpy handles, they simply have very dense bristles. Perhaps watch some of the Sigma video reviews, I really think they could be exactly what you are after. Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |