Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do these ingredients have any potential?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I am a member of clix research basically you join then you get the opportunity to take part in product trials I recently have been sent a day cream with spf30 and a night cream below are the ingredients I haven't noticed any of the good ones I've read about hear but the night cream is supposed to help with hyperpigmentation.

Ingredients
DAY CREAM:
AQUA, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, OCTOCRYLENE, GLYCERIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZOTRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, LAURYL LACTATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, DIMETHICONOL, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, ACRYLATES/VINYL ISODECANOATE CROSSPOLYMER
PARFUM, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, LAMINARIA DIGITATA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, UREA, BHT, TREHALOSE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, ETHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, BENZOIC ACID

NIGHT CREAM: AQUA, PPG-5-LAURETH-5, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, CETYL ALCOHOL, OCTADECENEDIOIC ACID, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/ VP COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, PARFUM, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, RUMEX OCCIDENTALIS EXTRACT, TETRAHYDROXYPROPYL ETHYLENEDIAMINE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, LIMONENE, CITRAL, COUMARIN, GERANIOL, ISOEUGENOL, BHT, CITRONELLOL, METHYL 2-OCTYNOATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, ANISE ALCOHOL, EUGENOL, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, CINNAMAL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CANARIUM LUZONICUM GUM NONVOLATILES, POGOSTEMON CABLIN OIL, VETIVERIA ZIZANOIDES OIL
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:41 am      Reply with quote
In short: No. The creams contain a ton of fillers and not much except for a trace of key ingredients. The night cream wont help much with hyperpigmentation either, the only active ingredients are listed after perfume which actually makes them inactive. If you have your own favorite creams I wouldn't put it on hold to give these products a shot.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Yeah that's what I thought I'm a bit of a product addict so to get things for free seemed great but no good if their useless hopefully might get some decent products to try I will keep checking the ingredients list I sort of know what key ingredients but the rest is just lost on me.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm just as bad Razz but it's always fun to get free products Very Happy

Do you mind if i ask what brand these products are?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Eee gads! I'd run. Free doesn't mean it's worth it to put it on your face.
Lots of junk and parabens. No way.

flick24 wrote:
I am a member of clix research basically you join then you get the opportunity to take part in product trials I recently have been sent a day cream with spf30 and a night cream below are the ingredients I haven't noticed any of the good ones I've read about hear but the night cream is supposed to help with hyperpigmentation.

Ingredients
DAY CREAM:
AQUA, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, OCTOCRYLENE, GLYCERIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZOTRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, LAURYL LACTATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, DIMETHICONOL, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, ACRYLATES/VINYL ISODECANOATE CROSSPOLYMER
PARFUM, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, LAMINARIA DIGITATA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, UREA, BHT, TREHALOSE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, ETHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, BENZOIC ACID

NIGHT CREAM: AQUA, PPG-5-LAURETH-5, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, CETYL ALCOHOL, OCTADECENEDIOIC ACID, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/ VP COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, PARFUM, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, RUMEX OCCIDENTALIS EXTRACT, TETRAHYDROXYPROPYL ETHYLENEDIAMINE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, LIMONENE, CITRAL, COUMARIN, GERANIOL, ISOEUGENOL, BHT, CITRONELLOL, METHYL 2-OCTYNOATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, ANISE ALCOHOL, EUGENOL, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, CINNAMAL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CANARIUM LUZONICUM GUM NONVOLATILES, POGOSTEMON CABLIN OIL, VETIVERIA ZIZANOIDES OIL

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what brand it is they don't tell you, guess that's so you not biased in any way they came packaged in pink and green pots I also got a green tea shower gel but haven't used that yet.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 am      Reply with quote
The brand appears to be Oriflame Optimals.

A little tip for you all, if you copy and paste all the ingredients (not individually, the whole paragraph) into Google and search for it, you'll quite often discover what the product/brand is Smile
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Youll have to tell us the ingredients list for the cleanser, if it dosent contain any nasties like sulphates or parabens then you can use that. In my opinion you dont need an expensively great cleanser as it's going to go down the sink anyway, your better off spending the money on other products.

Thanks Josh I tried one of the peel off masks and dint really like it, so didnt purchase another product off them after that, and now after seeing this ingredients list if most of the products they sell have ingredient lists like this then I certainly would never buy another product from them, department stores like Loreal and Dove have better ingredient lists than this one.

flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip Josh tried it with the cleanser but wow I'm too lazy to pinpoint it. It does have parabens in so probably no good but your right echoecho its just a body wash so I'm gonna use it anyway.

As you can see lots of parabens

Aqua ∙ Sodium Laureth Sulfate ∙ Sodium Chloride ∙ Cocamidopropyl Betaine ∙ Glycerin ∙ Parfum ∙ Benzophenone-4 ∙ Disodium EDTA ∙ Propylene Glycol ∙ Phosphoric Acid ∙ Tetrasodium EDTA ∙ Citric Acid ∙ Sodium Hydroxide ∙ Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract ∙ Sorbitol ∙ Sodium Sulfate ∙ Linalool ∙ Limonene ∙ Magnesium Nitrate ∙ Ethylparaben ∙ Methylparaben ∙ Phenoxyethanol ∙ Propylparaben ∙ Butylparaben ∙ Magnesium Chloride ∙ Methylchloroisothiazolinone ∙ Methylisothiazolinone ∙ CI 19140 ∙ CI 42090 ∙ CI 14700 Exclamation
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:29 am      Reply with quote
flick24 wrote:
Thanks for the tip Josh tried it with the cleanser but wow I'm too lazy to pinpoint it. It does have parabens in so probably no good but your right echoecho its just a body wash so I'm gonna use it anyway.

As you can see lots of parabens

Aqua ∙ Sodium Laureth Sulfate ∙ Sodium Chloride ∙ Cocamidopropyl Betaine ∙ Glycerin ∙ Parfum ∙ Benzophenone-4 ∙ Disodium EDTA ∙ Propylene Glycol ∙ Phosphoric Acid ∙ Tetrasodium EDTA ∙ Citric Acid ∙ Sodium Hydroxide ∙ Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract ∙ Sorbitol ∙ Sodium Sulfate ∙ Linalool ∙ Limonene ∙ Magnesium Nitrate ∙ Ethylparaben ∙ Methylparaben ∙ Phenoxyethanol ∙ Propylparaben ∙ Butylparaben ∙ Magnesium Chloride ∙ Methylchloroisothiazolinone ∙ Methylisothiazolinone ∙ CI 19140 ∙ CI 42090 ∙ CI 14700 Exclamation

I think thats a good idea, if it does make your skin dry then you can just discontinue it's use but it was free so may as well give it a shot.

Not liking these ingredients lists so far Confused

System
Automatic Message
Sat May 25, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |