Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz)
Favorite or Must Have Supplements
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
CherrySilver wrote:
If I were going to take (yet another) pill, it would be for the reservatrol, coQ10 or something else I can't get in dosage I'd like from my diet.

I have been taking resveratrol ( 98%) for the past 2 years, 250 mg twice a day and I have noticed that I can eat almost anything I want without my weight going up! I also go the gym almost everyday but that I have been doing for a decade...

Recently I added turmeric extract and I feel it's melting the fat away... it has also helped with some minor joint inflammations....
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CherrySilver wrote:
If I were going to take (yet another) pill, it would be for the reservatrol, coQ10 or something else I can't get in dosage I'd like from my diet.

I have been taking resveratrol ( 98%) for the past 2 years, 250 mg twice a day and I have noticed that I can eat almost anything I want without my weight going up! I also go the gym almost everyday but that I have been doing for a decade...

Recently I added turmeric extract and I feel it's melting the fat away... it has also helped with some minor joint inflammations....

which resveratrol brand do you take? i've taken it before and never noticed much
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi, flfl, I take trunature brand available at Costco in the US.. it has 98% pure resveratrol... before I discovered this brand I was taking Biotivia brand but it was very expensive and I think it's discontinued now...
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
So I know that the body produces hyaluronic acid, so would taking a supplement result in the body producing less of it by itself?

Or is it more recommended for 40+ people?

I'm 21 - is there anything I should be taking? Currently, I'm taking a Multi Maxx
a greens+ supplement and a CLA with a EGCG.

"Should be taking" for what goals? CLA plus EGCG - are you trying to lose bodyfat? Does your current diet consistently meet or exceed your government's healthy eating and physical activity recommendations? Either has a profound effect on your need for both macro- and micro-nutrients. Of particular interest to you might be long chain omega-3s because few Westerners eat sufficient oily fish. These are key to the health of every cell in the body, have anti-inflammatory properties and research suggests they support weight management. The ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is critical, but Western diets are heavily weighted towards omega-6 plus you are supplementing CLA from that same group.

Good question on the HA! Cool AFAIK there have not been any long term studies looking at prophylactic HA supplementing. Young people's joints have far more high MW stuff in their joints than older folks, likely in their skin too. So you *should* be able to produce all the HA you need depending on your diet and lifestyle. If your body is under stress (smoking, alcohol, dietary imbalances, heavy exercise, ageing) the body prioritises essential processes over repair and maintenance: supplementing low MW HA could encourage optimal production. Unless you feel you have a clear need for systemic HA, you could use it topically much more cheaply.

I am a fan of limiting supplements to what you cannot get from food and targeted multi-taskers, taking into consideration your health issues or lifestyle. As far as any herbal remedies go you are already taking the proven antioxidant EGCG, plenty of anti-inflammatory EFAs and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients from fruit and veg. Assuming you use sunscreen and do not smoke, that should cover the bases IMO. Very Happy

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:

"Should be taking" for what goals? CLA plus EGCG - are you trying to lose bodyfat? Does your current diet consistently meet or exceed your government's healthy eating and physical activity recommendations? Either has a profound effect on your need for both macro- and micro-nutrients. Of particular interest to you might be long chain omega-3s because few Westerners eat sufficient oily fish. These are key to the health of every cell in the body, have anti-inflammatory properties and research suggests they support weight management. The ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is critical, but Western diets are heavily weighted towards omega-6 plus you are supplementing CLA from that same group.

Unless you feel you have a clear need for systemic HA, you could use it topically much more cheaply.

I am a fan of limiting supplements to what you cannot get from food and targeted multi-taskers, taking into consideration your health issues or lifestyle. As far as any herbal remedies go you are already taking the proven antioxidant EGCG, plenty of anti-inflammatory EFAs and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients from fruit and veg. Assuming you use sunscreen and do not smoke, that should cover the bases IMO. Very Happy

Yeah, I'm trying to lose body fat and build muscle. I've also been taking protein powder. My daily calorie count is within a normal range, somewhere between 1500-2000. Aside from daily walking, I do weight training, cardio HIIT (skipping romp, running intervals, squats/lunges etc) and cardio classes. I'll look into omega-3s.

I find that hyaluronic acid helps with my dry patches, but one topical applications is enough so I'm sure there's no need for a supplement.

I don't smoke and wear sunscreen religiously. A blood test about 2 years ago did reveal a B12 deficiency.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I take a multi, additional B group, primrose and a 3,6,9 omega supplement.

I totally agree about diet and exercise asreigneing supreme.

Just wanted to add does anyone know much about ATP supllements? I noticed osmosis skincare have it and say its great for energy and even weight loss.Not sure if anyone wanted to add any info on this one, as I havn't researched it much?!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
I take a multi, additional B group, primrose and a 3,6,9 omega supplement.

I totally agree about diet and exercise asreigneing supreme.

Just wanted to add does anyone know much about ATP supllements? I noticed osmosis skincare have it and say its great for energy and even weight loss.Not sure if anyone wanted to add any info on this one, as I havn't researched it much?!

I have been taking Peak ATP supplement from swansonvitamins and it has made a lot of difference. I feel energized even at home but it truly shows its effect in the gym! It's great. Recommended dosage is 2 caps a day but I take one.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to lose body fat and build muscle. I've also been taking protein powder. My daily calorie count is within a normal range, somewhere between 1500-2000. Aside from daily walking, I do weight training, cardio HIIT (skipping romp, running intervals, squats/lunges etc) and cardio classes. I'll look into omega-3s.

I don't smoke and wear sunscreen religiously. A blood test about 2 years ago did reveal a B12 deficiency.

When are you taking the protein powder, hopefully within twenty minutes of completing your workout? Is it whey you are using?

Be sure to choose a supplement rich in long chain omega-3s, the ones found in oily fish or marine algae. As you are exercising regularly your needs increase, so look towards the higher end of the range (1-3g DHA & EPA per day). The conversion rate of the short chain O-3s from plant oils to the useable long form is only ~10%, so these do not represent good value for money.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Evening Primrose Oil
Lots of Water
A long walk 1x day
Sleep
A good laugh a few times a day
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add
Fiber breakfast Oatmeal, raisin bran, etc.
It doesn't have to be complicated
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of all things oily being good for us, like omegas, even olive supplements, but thats just me. Im not endorsing fatty foods of course, you know what I mean. LOL
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:32 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
Evening Primrose Oil
Lots of Water
A long walk 1x day
Sleep
A good laugh a few times a day

how long of a walk?
CherrySilver
5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
flfl wrote:
which resveratrol brand do you take? i've taken it before and never noticed much

What dosage were you taking? I've found that when I increased my dose to at least 200mg, then I started to see the same effects the daler saw.

I'm taking a micronized resv (RevGenetics brand) -- the micron size is only 1.5 and is absorbed 220% better as opposed to regular resv which is about 150-225 microns. But, then again, you may see effects from the regular stuff, too.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi folks, I might want to share my accounts. as of late I found a new line of work where the entire day I need to remain out in sun, trust me, I truly disdain that, following not many days at work, I got an occasion, when I awaken and see my face in the mirror I got stunned, my face and arm was soo tanned that the shade of the skin is seeming as though an earthy colored chocolate tone. my better half additionally didnt like this tone so she to me to get d-tan or she will part ways with me. As my compensation is low, I looked at Tanning Price in my Region.
Presently, I think it would be great to get d-tan at home by some home stuff. could you all assist me with this?
Yaroslav Fadeev

Tue May 31, 2022 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Foreo UFO 2 and Foreo Bear 👍
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 08, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |