Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin care tools specifically for body. Discussion?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello
I read a lot of threads here, and of course most are about our faces, etc. I am in the know about the tools, etc. I am very interested in tools for the body. I have read about a few, (vaculift, POSE, etc) but wondered if anyone is interested in posting about tools for body specifically. I bough Tua Tr'end for body and it would take me hours and hours to just do part of my body it seems. I am small, thin, but have very lined/saggy skin on legs due to things out of my control. (health stuff). I eat great, workout etc so it is not that. I need to tighten and lift skin. I dont need to loose inches/size.

I truly want POSE but there are so few reviews or good ones. I know some like vaulift but it is not going to work for me, based on other health issues/injuries. So is anyone using ultrasound or High freq device on legs and not spending 5 hours a day, lol???

Any products you think actually work well? I see people talk about FYOLA and SKINDREAM etc but it still seems they are more for face.

thanks so much.

SK cat
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am only using the Clarisonic body brush in the shower.

Sometimes I spend a pretty penny on body lotions.
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I am only using the Clarisonic body brush in the shower.

Sometimes I spend a pretty penny on body lotions.

Thanks Skincare
- I have not done much brushing much, a little. Really looking for something more aggressive that can work on connective tissue and tightening..even tho I know lots of people have success with dry brush...mine is way more than cellulite...it is just layers of lines and lines of weathered looking skin and i am under 100 lbs....and if i bunch up my skin it looks like an accordian fan or just an accordian...it is bad....

Lotions have not done much for me, but thanks so so much for answering. I know everyone has different skin, preferences. Dermaroll is OUT too. Cant pierce skin..did it on face and it was brutal and needles are not ideal for me.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Clarisonic is not dry brushing. You should look it up here on EDS.
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Clarisonic is not dry brushing. You should look it up here on EDS.

thanks
i was reading it too fast, sorry. I do know Clarisonic is not dry brushing, sorry. I did not however know they had a body brush, so thanks....I will check it out.

Smile
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Check out the thread on the Pose. Some people had good results on the stomach with lax skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Check out the thread on the Pose. Some people had good results on the stomach with lax skin.

Ava
Love your name, beautiful
Thanks, yes POSE is something at top of my list, lemming for it, yet I am holding off as it seems only a few people were digging it and getting results. I will probably go that route...just not sure. TAX time, my refund will go to my skin, lol. Its odd because I am so small, but my skin looks like a folder paper fan....(due to connective tissue disease) and its amazing how much lose skin I have on my little bod, lol. ARGH Rolling Eyes

I would so No Lipo but I cant do that either do to injuries in hands/and leg...would be too painful so I need device.
have a great day and thanks for responding.

I wish the Tua Tr'end body did not take so much time...since I thinnk it could work, if you had 4 hrs a day, lol Bad Grin
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
If price is not a serious issue, then one top-notch device I've heard of is the "WellBox":
http://www.wellbox.com/index.php

It's a massage-type device, but it is very expensive!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
If price is not a serious issue, then one top-notch device I've heard of is the "WellBox":
http://www.wellbox.com/index.php

It's a massage-type device, but it is very expensive!

Thanks CM
I had to lol Laughing about price "not" being an issue, it is -unfortunately- a big issue. But thank you, yes I have seen wellbox but that is soooo far out of my league, I would need a sugar daddy and a lotto ticket to afford it...lol. I am shocked I spent what it costs to get Tua Trend, I never spend money on self...so that was a hard nugget to swallow Shock

Appreciate your post....thanks
cat
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, price is an issue for me, too, and similarly, the WellBox is so far out of my price range that it's not even funny! But I didn't want to make any assumptions, and maybe someone else on here with the money will want it... Anyways, this is a great idea for a thread, and I hope others will post good suggestions Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Yes, price is an issue for me, too, and similarly, the WellBox is so far out of my price range that it's not even funny! But I didn't want to make any assumptions, and maybe someone else on here with the money will want it... Anyways, this is a great idea for a thread, and I hope others will post good suggestions Smile

CM
I agree, great to post about things even we can't afford, others may be able to. I am so glad people are responding to this thread. I wish there were a whole section on body tools, lol. But I am happy to have a thread. For sure. Sick of looking at my accordian looking legs. lol. No matter what my diet, workout etc, it is not going to change so I need a tool.....bring me the tools...ha ha... Laughing
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Also, if you widen your definition of "tools", another thing to consider is self-massage. One popular one that I like is Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo. It's a knuckle-based massage that supposed to break down cellulite, and there's a thread on it on EDS at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34409.

My experience is that it does work, but only over long periods of time (a few weeks to months) of solid commitment, and not quite as dramatic as the "before and afters" on the website.

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Also, if you widen your definition of "tools", another thing to consider is self-massage. One popular one that I like is Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo. It's a knuckle-based massage that supposed to break down cellulite, and there's a thread on it on EDS at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34409.

My experience is that it does work, but only over long periods of time (a few weeks to months) of solid commitment, and not quite as dramatic as the "before and afters" on the website.

HTH Smile

thanks again...
I can't doNo Lip due to serious injury in left hand, and different injury in right,and too pressure on the thigh. I have a nerve, bone, joint disease which is very nasty, lol so I have to be pretty careful about certain types of treatmentss which is why I am looking for something like the POSE or ultrsound. I DO appreciate yout help, and have heard No Lipo works well for some. Sigh...me and injuries....a mess. Mad
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:48 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:

When money is an issue....and honestly it is for most of us, I look to Craigslist or ebay(I'm in the USA). I bought a Wellbox off of craigslist for 150.00...perfect condition. I also bought an aeropilates that sells for 400-800 dollars for 150.00 on craigslist. I highly recommend the aeropilates for toning up the body like nothing else I have ever done. It really makes a difference with cellulite on the lower body areas because of the rebounding aspects(totally different from the standing rebounders)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQCJZ-bVdY&feature=player_embedded#!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Toby, you are amazing, and so resourceful. Thanks for the great idea!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

When money is an issue....and honestly it is for most of us, I look to Craigslist or ebay(I'm in the USA). I bought a Wellbox off of craigslist for 150.00...perfect condition. I also bought an aeropilates that sells for 400-800 dollars for 150.00 on craigslist. I highly recommend the aeropilates for toning up the body like nothing else I have ever done. It really makes a difference with cellulite on the lower body areas because of the rebounding aspects(totally different from the standing rebounders)

hey there Toby
You are always a wealth of info....you responded to me before about POSE/STOP which I STILL want. You still having luck with this?? anyone ever take pics they want to share? I so want to see how this thing works. Cellulite is just one big issue I have but its the other stuff thats worse, its like my skin has so much laxity and only way i can think to describe it is it looks like a folded paper fan, makes me sick.. Confused

ARGHHHHHHh - I do work out all the time...and nothing has ever changed that...its a health/tissue connection disorder..
thanks for response....you rock......!!!!!
have a good day
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Toby"]
cm5597 wrote:
Yes, price is an issue for me, too, and similarly,......... I also bought an aeropilates that sells for 400-800 dollars for 150.00 on craigslist. I highly recommend the aeropilates for toning up the body like nothing else I have ever done. It really makes a difference with cellulite on the lower body areas because of the rebounding aspects(totally different from the standing rebounders)

Hey Toby
me again, lol. Rolling Eyes (such a pest I am, lol)
One question for you, as I have looked at the AeroPilates before online. It says shipping weight is 100 lbs. OMG. I am concerned that this would be too heavy to lift/move around room/house. I have knee, back and two hand injuries..tho I do work out a lot..but I would not have strength to move this. Does it come with training wheels..lol??? I mean can you move it around? Its pretty big and i think it would take up a lot of space...so I would want to pull it out and use it, and hide it. I have a small condo...small..

thanks
cat
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
The big reason I mention the aeropilates is the rebounding does a major job on lymph drainage in the body and that helps rid one of cellulite.
I can do hours at the gym and even do the Zumba classes and see no difference but when I do the cardio rebounding on pilates the thighs look way difference....mind you...it has to be on going to keep the better look. As far as the Pose and the Stop, I really like both of these gadgets and if I had all the time in the world I would be doing them on a continuous bases. But if I have 20 min. and need to chose the best for my time it would be aeropilates....cardio benefit,toning benefit, and dealing with cellulite....all at the same time. Skincarecare,the pose is effective to diminish cellulite but it takes a lot of time for the treatments....even though I am petite the thigh area takes forever with the small head on the unit and also it takes time getting the skin surface warmed up. And for heaven sakes there are two thighs to do Laughing
Since you are having skin issues that are from a medical condition I would contact the company for the Stop and Pose and get their advice.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
Hello
I read a lot of threads here, and of course most are about our faces, etc. I am in the know about the tools, etc. I am very interested in tools for the body. I have read about a few, (vaculift, POSE, etc) but wondered if anyone is interested in posting about tools for body specifically. I bough Tua Tr'end for body and it would take me hours and hours to just do part of my body it seems. I am small, thin, but have very lined/saggy skin on legs due to things out of my control. (health stuff). I eat great, workout etc so it is not that. I need to tighten and lift skin. I dont need to loose inches/size.

I truly want POSE but there are so few reviews or good ones. I know some like vaulift but it is not going to work for me, based on other health issues/injuries. So is anyone using ultrasound or High freq device on legs and not spending 5 hours a day, lol???

Any products you think actually work well? I see people talk about FYOLA and SKINDREAM etc but it still seems they are more for face.

thanks so much.

SK cat

Hi SKC,

I have a Tua Trend that I use a lot on my legs and all over my body. Definitely time consuming, but the way I try to get around it is to wear short shorts so that the wires don't come off and wear a cardigan or jacket with pockets to go hands free. I know the instructions say to lie down while doing certain areas, but honestly, I don't think it makes a difference. I've been seeing pretty good results by doing it this "multi-tasking" way.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

Another way to promote lymph drainage and tighten body skin is simply stand on your toes and DROP your heels to floor. Hold onto the back of a chair or whatever is handy and do it as FAST and dropping as HARD as is comfortable to do. Not only will it kick-in the lymph's but your calves will begin to build giving at least the lower part of the leg a younger firmer look. Do as many reps at one time as your calves can stand. BTW this is also great for maintaining bone. Smile

5% products discount

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Hi Everyone

Another way to promote lymph drainage and tighten body skin is simply stand on your toes and DROP your heels to floor. Hold onto the back of a chair or whatever is handy and do it as FAST and dropping as HARD as is comfortable to do. Not only will it kick-in the lymph's but your calves will begin to build giving at least the lower part of the leg a younger firmer look. Do as many reps at one time as your calves can stand. BTW this is also great for maintaining bone. Smile

Wow, this is really interesting. How often can this be done? Also, does this affect the skin everywhere, or just the legs?
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
julie2010 wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Hi Everyone

Wow, this is really interesting. How often can this be done? Also, does this affect the skin everywhere, or just the legs?

Hi There

Do it everyday.. It affects the entire body and skeletal structure Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby: Thanks for sharing the differences you see in cellulite reduction with the rebounder versus other things you do--that's very interesting!! Smile

Deb: That's an interesting idea, too! Any chance you're putting together some tips or a program on maintaining bone mass in the body as we age?

Mon May 27, 2024 12:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |