Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Careprost review & updates!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Ageless If We Dare (used to be called Ageless If You Dare) is a facial exercise program. There is a thread on here about it if you're interested in trying it; although, many people (myself) included either had a heck of a time getting it to download onto their computer or didn't get the program at all after ordering it. Terrible customer service!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
hi sandooch,
the exercise you described is very similar to one in the Flex Effects program. I will keep on doing that. The one pulling the eyelids does feel strange to do.
Thank you for posting this.
I just checked your signature, though, and no longer see anything about the eye creams you used. Can you repost that?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I believe that most facial exercise programs have this basic eye exercise but with a different spin on it. Although, I've recently started to notice that doing it the way I was doing it was making the area above my brow wrinkle, so I now hold them up with the heels of my hands and gently press the rest of my hand over my forehead so that it can't wrinkle up. Don't know if it makes any difference, but it makes me feel better than I'm not seeing any wrinkling going on while doing it. Wink

I'm still using the same eye creams that both claim to help with crepey eye skin. I'm not seeing any difference with either of them regarding this; although, my crepey skin is not looking any worse. I am using DDF eye cream and bareMinerals eye treatment. Once I use these two up, I'll probably move on to something else though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed that I didn't update my pictures. I've added my 11.5-week pictures (one without mascara and one with mascara).

Start:

4.5 weeks:

8 weeks:

11.5 weeks:

11.5 weeks with mascara:

It's actually almost been 16 weeks in 1.5 weeks and post another updated picture then.

Stay tuned!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Looking awesome sandooch, I am really happy for you! Smile
Looking forward to your next set of pictures!

I just ordered one from ReLuma with cytokines I just can't do the prostaglandens with my sensitivities, wish me luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, DarkMoon.

Good luck with the ReLuma. I can't wait to read about your results with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks so much, DarkMoon.

Good luck with the ReLuma. I can't wait to read about your results with it.

Thanks sandooch!

I am really impressed with yours! Just beautiful, I am hoping this one I ordered is not irritating for me and works! I would love to have mine darken! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Lotusesther. Very Happy

DarkMoon, that's one thing I haven't noticed with Careprost. But I guess that might be due to the fact they started out black. Laughing Many have said that their lashes got thicker from using it, and that was one thing I was also hoping for. It doesn't seem to me that they are any thicker though.

Oh well, I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth, I guess. At least they're longer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thank you, Lotusesther. Very Happy

DarkMoon, that's one thing I haven't noticed with Careprost. But I guess that might be due to the fact they started out black. Laughing Many have said that their lashes got thicker from using it, and that was one thing I was also hoping for. It doesn't seem to me that they are any thicker though.

Oh well, I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth, I guess. At least they're longer.

I think it just boils down to everyone is unique, you may eventually get the darkening and more thickness! I will be crossing fingers for you! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Many have said that their lashes got thicker from using it, and that was one thing I was also hoping for. It doesn't seem to me that they are any thicker though.

Sandooch, just an FYI that I am using Lumigan...more expensive, but that was all that MedsMex offered and I was already placing an order from them.

I am about 4 weeks in, and my blonde eyelashes are much darker, and have increased in length and number (lots of new lashes have come in). I don't know if each lash is thicker, but since there are more of them, they look thicker overall.

Maybe try that when you run out of your current stuff?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to check the ingredients between Lumigan and Caerprost, as far as I have seen they are exactly the same, unless of course something has changed very recently!

sandooch wrote:
I know it's only been 4 1/2 weeks since I've started to useCareprost, but I just wanted to see if maybe my lashes looked a little longer than when I was doing RapidLash. I'm not sure if I see a difference yet. They are definitely not thicker but they may be a little longer. Sorry for the terrible coloring on the Careprost picture (blech...red veins much?). The other two were taken with my daughter's good camera, which is broken. That's way there is such a difference in quality. Sorry about that.

I've also been doing Ageless If We Dare for 3 months, so I think my eyes are starting to look a little less hooded. I'm working on smoothing out the crepey skin there by testing two different eye creams (see my siggy), but it's still too early in that test to review them.

This is what my lashes looked like before starting RapidLash:
Here they are after 12 weeks on Rapidlash:
And here they are today after 4 1/2 weeks on Careprost:

What do you guys think? I know I'm supposed to wait for the full 16 weeks of use, but I was anxious. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
You may want to check the ingredients between Lumigan and Caerprost, as far as I have seen they are exactly the same, unless of course something has changed very recently!

Generics are not always 100% the same, despite the labels. To quote DM, "Don't knock it until you've tried it!" Very Happy

Editing to add: I'll start taking some pics and we can see how things pan out for me down the road.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Not knocking it and not trying it, my eyes are too sensitive as I am sure you already know.

You may check that the active ingredient is exactly the same and in the same percentage. Smile

Careprost. Careprost eye drops. Bimatoprost ophtalmic

What is Careprost eye drops?

Careprost eye drops are a medication licensed to reduced increase intraocular pressure in patients with intraocular hypertension or glaucoma. The active ingredient of Carepost is Bimatoprost that belongs to a group of medications called prostaglandin analogue. During clinical application it was found that Bimatoprost significantly increases eyelashes growth when is applied on the upper eyelid. Bimatoprost is currently sold under the name Carepost and Lumigan, which are used to decreases eyelashes growth and Latisse which is used to increase eyelashes growth making them longer, darker and thicker. Actually there is no difference between Careprost, Lumigan, Bimat and Latisse. All of them contain the same active ingredient - Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03% 3 ml, possesses identical effects and eye pressure and eyelashes growth. Careprost is currently manufactured by Sun Pharma.

How does Careprost work?

The active ingredient of Careprost - Bimatoprost is a synthetic compound, prostaglandin derivative. After application the medication improves circulation of fluid in the eyes and thus decreases high intraocular pressure. By decreasing intraocular pressure, Careprost helps prevent damage to the optic nerve. Along with decreases intraocular pressure, Careprost can be applied on the upper eyelid to promote eyelashes growth. Bimatoprost makes eyelashes darker, longer and thicker. The effect is usually observed in 8-12 weeks. Action mechanism of Careprost in related to activation of anagen phase (growth phase) of eyelashes growth, making this phase more intensive

http://www.drugs-health.com/womens-health-careprost-c-77_123.html

Lumigan

LUMIGAN® 0.01% and 0.03% (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) is a synthetic prostamide analog with ocular hypotensive activity. Its chemical name is (Z)-7-[(1R,2R,3R,5S)-3,5Dihydroxy-2-[(1E,3S)-3-hydroxy-5-phenyl-1-pentenyl]cyclopentyl]-5-N-ethylheptenamide, and Its molecular weight is 415.58. Its molecular formula is C24H37NO4. Its chemical structure is.

LUMIGAN® 0.03% contains Active: bimatoprost 0.3 mg/mL; Preservative: benzalkonium chloride 0.05 mg/mL; Inactives: sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8-7.8.

http://www.rxlist.com/lumigan-drug.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
...During clinical application it was found that Bimatoprost significantly increases eyelashes growth when is applied on the upper eyelid. Bimatoprost is currently sold under the name Carepost and Lumigan, which are used to decreases eyelashes growth and Latisse which is used to increase eyelashes growth making them longer, darker and thicker. Actually there is no difference between Careprost, Lumigan, Bimat and Latisse. All of them contain the same active ingredient - Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03% 3 ml, possesses identical effects and eye pressure and eyelashes growth. Careprost is currently manufactured by Sun Pharma.

Did you mean INCREASE? My heart just stopped!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
...During clinical application it was found that Bimatoprost significantly increases eyelashes growth when is applied on the upper eyelid. Bimatoprost is currently sold under the name Carepost and Lumigan, which are used to decreases eyelashes growth and Latisse which is used to increase eyelashes growth making them longer, darker and thicker. Actually there is no difference between Careprost, Lumigan, Bimat and Latisse. All of them contain the same active ingredient - Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03% 3 ml, possesses identical effects and eye pressure and eyelashes growth. Careprost is currently manufactured by Sun Pharma.

LOL. I am sure that is a typo on their part! We know it increases lash growth!

Good catch Claudia!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Yep..that's what happens in unprofessional marketing BS...lots of typos! I would skip that as a reliable source. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Yep..that's what happens in unprofessional marketing BS...lots of typos! I would skip that as a reliable source. Rolling Eyes

Very good point Bethany, but wouldn't that then knock out a very popular skincare product right now hmm ! If memory serves, tons of wrong ingredients listed over and over on bottles, boxes and labels Confused
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
I just noticed that I didn't update my pictures. I've added my 11.5-week pictures (one without mascara and one with mascara).

Start:

4.5 weeks:

8 weeks:

11.5 weeks:

11.5 weeks with mascara:

It's actually almost been 16 weeks in 1.5 weeks and post another updated picture then.

Stay tuned!!

I am very impressed with your results. I like that you have posted pictures. They truly show it is working.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Loopy, I also think they are thicker, not nec each lash, but you definately have more lashes too me, not just longer. I think the longer these products are used, and the lash cycle happens, they do get thicker
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

Very good point Bethany, but wouldn't that then knock out a very popular skincare product right now hmm ! If memory serves, tons of wrong ingredients listed over and over on bottles, boxes and labels Confused

Oh, I don't disagree with that, but I think this thread is about Careprost, right?

I just shared some info about MY initial result with a different product and offered to take pics to see if they do perform differently and help Sandooch pick the product that is best for her...then it turned into some ingredient postapalooza for DM in order to negate my well-intentioned suggestion. (something I think you have mentioned disliking yourself on other threads)

Take away for me...why bother to make suggestions or provide pics if I have to deal with hassle. Not worth it for me. PASS. I'll just pm people instead of posting in the future. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
hmm I just have a differing opinion about the active ingredient being exactly the same?

I did understand all offers of help are welcome on any thread? Then people can decide for themselves what they choose to do/buy. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Oh, I don't disagree with that, but I think this thread is about Careprost, right?

I just shared some info about MY initial result with a different product and offered to take pics to see if they do perform differently and help Sandooch pick the product that is best for her...then it turned into some ingredient postapalooza for DM in order to negate my well-intentioned suggestion. (something I think you have mentioned disliking yourself on other threads)

Take away for me...why bother to make suggestions or provide pics if I have to deal with hassle. Not worth it for me. PASS. I'll just pm people instead of posting in the future. Rolling Eyes

I seem to have offended you here, was NOT my intention at all. I know your in marketing and took your reply very seriously about marketing, products and how it reflects on the integrity of Companies. I do defer to you in that field, its one I do not work in or know anything of, so thank you for educating me.

This is about eyelash's and hers are looking great and I think actually fuller!! I think your offering to post pictures to show the comparison is grand! I for one love to see the differences in lashes with or without any of these products! I think we are all interested in longer, lusher lashes Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I seem to have offended you here, was NOT my intention at all. I know your in marketing and took your reply very seriously about marketing, products and how it reflects on the integrity of Companies. I do defer to you in that field, its one I do not work in or know anything of, so thank you for educating me.

This is about eyelash's and hers are looking great and I think actually fuller!! I think your offering to post pictures to show the comparison is grand! I for one love to see the differences in lashes with or without any of these products! I think we are all interested in longer, lusher lashes Very Happy

Tiny, no problem. The only reason I even offered up a suggestion was because Sandooch mentioned that her lashes are not as thick as she would like after 11+ weeks and since I am seeing very different results, I thought she might want to consider something else when she runs out.

A little history....I have used the 2nd gen (as in strongest) version of Revitalash for years, which contained the same bimaprost ingredient derivative as Careprost/Lumigan/Latisse. Right after the FDA stopped all sales of Rapidlash and Jan Marini, I bought a bunch of the Rapidlash from an ebay seller for a steal, but was on my last bottle. It definitely made my lashes longer and slightly darker/denser and they looked very similar to Sandooch's current lashes

Since I was ordering from MedsMex, I decided to order some Careprost as a replacement...unfortunately they only had Lumigan so I went ahead and paid the higher price. Rolling Eyes I started it about a month ago, and have been frankly floored by the additional results I have already gained in darkness and additional lashes...there are a TON of new lashes coming in, and I never expected that since I had been using Revitalash for so long. Thus my suggestion to Sandooch to perhaps try it and see if she gets any additional results.

Regarding the above posts...we all know Careprost is a generic version of Lumigan. However, generics are NOT always formulated exactly the same and that should always be kept in mind...my doctor will only prescribe the brand name version of certain meds because he feels they outperform the generics. So if the generic doesn't work, it certainly doesn't hurt to try the branded version.

And marketing materals are just that...marketing spin, and if they have major discrepancies (like "decreasing lash size," wrong ingredients, etc) that is a red flag and that source should not be considered a high quality resource. People on EDS should be a little more critical about what they post, and screen it before they share with so many others. (clinical comparisons are always better than marketing comparisons).

But regardless what OTHERS see as personal results, individual results do vary greatly and people should try various things so that they find the best solution for THEM.

FYI...I will start taking pics, and will PM progress shots to select people going forward.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I more than agree on generics not "always" being the same. I too take "the real" name brand for certain issues due to that very fact!!

I can add, I've tried several of these various brands and find the all work about the same on me, only difference is one might take a bit longer than the other. I stopped due to discoloration on lids. But again name brand vs. generic can differ
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |