Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Best Skincare Product(s) for sagging skin and wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
letsfaceit

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 50, thin faced, and in the last year, my skin has really started sagging, especially around the sides of my mouth. It's like who is this person in the mirror...Yikes! I have totally lost volume in my checks, and have a lot of wrinkles that have popped up like overnight around eyes and on the sides of my face. I'm a very expressive person so when I smile I have deep folds now that look like I'm my mother. My skin is dry and dull.

I've been looking at Murad's resurgence line and LifeCell. 1)Any thoughts on these? 2)Is one better than the other? Both together? 3) Or, other suggestions on what products you're using for Sagging, and for wrinkles. I'm looking for correction and further prevention (or slowdown).

I've tried other products like Dermajuv, Strivectin, and those haven't seemed to work for me.

So, thank for your input :)
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I feel your pain. I too have taken after my mom with the sagging skin around mouth and deep puppet folds along the nose to mouth area. I do not think anything in a bottle will correct gravity. Have you thought about fillers? My mom is in the process of consultations and she is 80 years young.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 am      Reply with quote
hattie wrote:
I feel your pain. I too have taken after my mom with the sagging skin around mouth and deep puppet folds along the nose to mouth area. I do not think anything in a bottle will correct gravity. Have you thought about fillers? My mom is in the process of consultations and she is 80 years young.

sorry, don't mean to stray off-topic
but, please keep us updated somehow on how it all works out for your mom... (80 years young, I love it...)
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I will keep you posted. She is a card. She has two male friends. One during the week who "does for me" the week-end friend "he pays attention to me" LOL!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
No skin care products will improve sagging if it is already there. Facial massages and microcurrent are 2 things that can improve sagging per feedback from members here.... To improve the condition of your skin in general, I suggest Retin-A (or retinoids or retinol), vitamin C+E would be a good start. As long as you moisturize your skin AM/PM (since you have dry/dull skin)... Weekly peels (or every 2 weeks) is also important to improve the condition of the skin... A sunscreen of at least 30 SPF or more... Eat healthy and be active..... Good luck! Smile
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Letsfaceit,

I can feel your frustration. But actually, you must have very good genes. Many women (like myself) start having these problems before they turn 40.

I've got my wakeup call when i was 38. An esthetician at ski resort was mumbling while treating me that " Women don't take care of themselves and then want her to perform a miracle in one hour". Before that moment i was under impression that i was alright with my routine.

Only when i've got here on EDS few years ago i understood how right she was. My skin was severely dehydrated with all signs of premature aging.
I did not use sunscreen every day! I did not use vitamin C serum or any other active and really working anti-oxidant! I was not exfoliating my skin properly! Expensive creams i used to fix the damage did nothing to me, because my skin was not prepared to accept them.

Long story short - you can fix it. Like jade-1234 said, Retin-A, vitamin C, sunscreen and i would add facial exercises to address the sagging from inside in addition to micro-current from outside. Also infrared led panels made a big difference for me.

Have fun!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C and sunscreen are my best advice! Also drink lots of water and eat healthy -- what you put into your body will show on the outside!
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
No skin care products will improve sagging if it is already there. Facial massages and microcurrent are 2 things that can improve sagging per feedback from members here.... To improve the condition of your skin in general, I suggest Retin-A (or retinoids or retinol), vitamin C+E would be a good start. As long as you moisturize your skin AM/PM (since you have dry/dull skin)... Weekly peels (or every 2 weeks) is also important to improve the condition of the skin... A sunscreen of at least 30 SPF or more... Eat healthy and be active..... Good luck! Smile

Thats true! However, Retin-A should be paid attention.
jennybistro
5% products discount

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey dear, don't get upset. One of my friends also faced the problems of sagging skin and wrinkles. She had wasted a lot of money on a number of products, but finally she came across
Dermasome Gold as a solution for her wrinkles and sagging skin. It not only moisturizes the skin but also evens the skin tone and pigmentation. She is very happy with it, may be you can try it, as well.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
After my hysterectomy in 2004, my skin started to age quickly. Woke up and there were fines lines, etc.and thought what is happening!!
Now that am 50 and have been on this forum for quite a few years I can say my skin looks really good overall, although I do obsess. But this forum saved my life!
For me having botox occasionally takes a few years off and will smooth out the glabelar (11's).
Next I have had filler in the nasolabials and a bit in the "puppet lines" below my mouth and lip creases. I don't have to have that done often (every couple of years) because my own collagen "grows" around it and for me it has lasted years, which I know isn't always the case. It also serves to "lift" and plump up making the sagging and wrinkles less obvious.
Peels have been instrumental in evening out the skin tone and refreshing it.
I have had IPLs and the EXCEL laser which has helped with the rosacea, skin tone and redness.
But product-wise, the IS Clinical Proheal, Active and Super Serums have really helped my skin retain its glow. Phyto-C has the same basic line. I also use a wide variety of heavy moisturizers at night. Algenist is my current favorite.
Under eye cream is a must for me and DDF has been a good one although I have a bunch of samples to try right now before I reorder. But just using one of any kind makes a difference.
I am leaning toward the Pico or that type of device to use at home. I have a Baby Q but cannot say it really has done much. I do derma-roll every 6 months which brings on a light peel. I have a vacu-lifter but it seems to bring stuff to the surface for me and I spend a few days purging.
I have been using Paulas Choice BHA 9 and that has helped with my SH so I will see how that goes.
My number one and the cheapest beauty secret though is my smile. I know that when I smile, it lifts everything and the wrinkles are way less obvious. People tell me they hear my smile in my phone voice, haha. Its a good practice and it also lightens my mood!
Good luck and I am sure you will find something that will make a difference for you! I love this place!!

Sat May 25, 2024 12:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |