Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is There Anything That Can Make Eyelashes Stronger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RhiannonOHara

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
A whole chunk of my lashes fell out when I used my eyelash curlers. I used the eyelash curlers very gently, I don't understand how this happened. I now have a big section missing, and I'm so upset as my eyelashes are my best feature.
Is there anything out there that can make eyelashes stronger and grow quickly please?
Thank you, Rhiannon x
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear that. I use castor oil on mine and find it really effective at making them healthier and thicker looking.

People have recommended biotin (I think?) for general hair growth, and I'm sure that people here will recommend both readily available over the counter and prescription stuff for lashes.
Good luck!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
snowshoe
5% products discount

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear that. I use castor oil on mine and find it really effective at making them healthier and thicker looking.

How do you apply it? Do you use a spoolie, or rub it on the eyelids and lashes like makeup remover? Also, how long do you keep it on the eyelashes/eyelids?

5% products discount

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

Biotin with calcium. Your hair (all hair) and nails will improve. You should notice it within a few weeks.

Abi
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I rub it in with my fingers (sometimes to remove makeup, even though it's quite thick) before going to bed and have never had a problem. Getting it to the roots is probably helpful, so using a wand wouldn't work as well.
I don't do it as often anymore because of the rinse off OCM blend for cleaning my face & eye makeup off. I include a lower percentage of castor oil in it and even then it seems to nourish my lashes well.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've had really good luck with Skin Actives Lash and Brow Serum...I did something similar last year.Make sure you apply it to the base of your lashes as it will not help if you apply it to the lashes themselves.You can buy it at skinactives.com;I believe it costs about $8.00.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
This sometimes happens when the Curler rubber pad cushion becomes gunky with mascara and the lashes stick to it. Remember to replace the pad from time to time.
I feel sceptical That castor oil would accelerate growth significantly, ditto Biotin supplements, which may strengthen hair and nails, but results would take time! I have used both Latisse and Careprost which work brilliantly, but again take months to see results. You could try an otc like Ardell or No. 7 Fanomenal lash serum: but since you generally have great eyelashes may I suggest patience - in a few weeks your lashes will grow back in naturally.
sunita1211

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well every woman dreams of being able to maintain movie star quality eyelashes.
There are things that you can do to ensure that your lashes remain healthy and to make them stronger as well.

Try these few simple tips and you will get thick long eyelashes

Take a supplement of vitamin B called Biotin on a regular basis. This is usually a supplement that is used to strengthen your nails and the hair on your head, but it has been effective in the strengthening of eyelashes, too. Biotin can be found at your local health supply store and is relatively cheap.

Avoid rubbing your eyes when you are tired. Rubbing your eyes can weaken your eyelashes, causing them to become loose and sometimes even fall out. Try rubbing the area above or below your eyes instead.

Use a good quality mascara. Do not skimp on the quality of your mascara, this could lead to weak brittle eyelashes. Cheaper mascara can make your eyelashes, which could cause them to fall out more easily and weaken them.

Using a cotton ball apply a thin layer of olive oil to your lashes before bed. The olive oil will moisturize your lashes while you sleep, and will strengthen them over time.

Apply a coat of Vaseline to your eyelashes before bed each night using your finger. This is an alternative to the olive oil trick above, and can be just as effective. The Vaseline will moisturize and protect your lashes while you sleep, and help to make them stronger.

Close your eyes and extend the application of your facial moisturizer to your eyelashes. A thin layer of moisturizer applied before your mascara can keep lashes supple, even after makeup is applied.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sunita - is this copied and pasted from somewhere? Because I'm not sure if that's allowed....... at least without quoting the source.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Angelcat47 wrote:
I've had really good luck with Skin Actives Lash and Brow Serum...I did something similar last year.Make sure you apply it to the base of your lashes as it will not help if you apply it to the lashes themselves.You can buy it at skinactives.com;I believe it costs about $8.00.

I second SkinActives Lash & Brow serum. I've had issues with my lashes falling out from different mascaras. I swear the only mascara that works on my lashes so far is Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes and every time I try some other brand, my lashes fall out. I've been using SkinActives Lash & Brow serum and my lashes are growing back quickly. Plus I switched back to Tarte's mascara. In all honesty, I would suspect your mascara if I were you. I had switched to Jordana mascara after reading reviews on QVC and Makeupalley and was looking for a cheaper product. But I've had my lashes fall out when using other expensive mascaras like Lancome. My lashes always look long,gorgeous and fan like when I use Tarte and I have to think that it is because Tarte is more natural than other mascaras. I also had good luck with 100% Pure's mascara except that it tended to smear under my eyes. But these two are the only mascaras that I've found to date that don't make my lashes fall out.
Abigail
5% products discount

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Somewhere I saw a post asking for a good price for latisse but can’t find it now so I’ll post it here.

You can purchase it from the UK w/RX

You’ll find it at 'In house pharmacy' you can get Careprost 3ml 1 bottle for $30.00 and the more you buy the cheaper it gets.

I've heard a few horror stories of purchasing it for $10.00 in other countries and a short time later the credit card goes shopping without the owner. Just not worth the risk.

Abi
Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Castor oil on your lashes at might should make then grow , and stronger and shinier.

Inexpensive time honoured way!
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bear in mind ,what causes your eyebrow fall ,may be
a weak immune system.
You have to check the basics(for example chloride in tap/shower water may result in alopecia areata in scalp and eyebrows.i would not be surprised if it could also contribute to eyelash fall.so the solution here is a filter).

Castor oil will thicken the hair,but its unlikely to eliminate the cause of this symptom.Be detective to your case:)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Castor oil on your lashes at might should make then grow , and stronger and shinier.

Inexpensive time honoured way!

Castor oil and other oil based lash conditioners do help condition lashes. I use one by Silk Naturals and my lashes do not break off and look better. I don't think I have accelerated growth or length. I have been using it rather consistently for over a year.

I have used Ardell in the past also. It also contains castor oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Angelcat47 wrote:

http://www.skinactives.com/Brow-and-Lash-serum-with-KGF.html

link to product

Thank you for posting this. It is listed at $9.50 which is a bargain. I recently purchased the new formulated Ardell lash and brow serum from Sally's for about $20.00. The original is better. I can't use the new one on my brows.

A couple of questions:

Is this a tube and you squeeze out the amount you need?

Or is there a mascara wand?

It does not really matter; but I can't tell from the photo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I use a little bit of pure Moroccan argan oil on those eyelashes with a Q-tip at night only.... It helps strengthen and condition those eyelashes... I also try to be gentle when I curl my eyelashes and not pull it... Good luck! Smile
RhiannonOHara

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thank you to all your replies, you have been all extremely helpful.
I think what happened, was that those eyelashes had reached there full cycle. I always clean the eyelash curler, so there wasn't a chance for my eyelashes to stick to the curler.
I have started putting vaseline on the base of my eyelashes every night to strengthen the lashes, which I have noticed is helping a lot.
Thank you all once again.
Take care, Rhiannon x
System
Automatic Message
Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Vitamin C Lactic 15% Vitamin C Firm & Bright Serum (30 ml / 1.0 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |