Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Of course Sunscreen, especially on arms and hands, I have always been pretty good about my face.
I wish I had started facial exercises earlier, I actually bought facercise 10 years ago, but I didn't look that bad then, it all fell apart at once Smile
Also Vitamin C.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
barefootgirl, hv you tried to apply the diluted vinegar to face? my friend told me that she also use vinegar on her foot for peeling and she hv tried to apply on her face once and the effect is same as the facial scrub and not irritated!

Not barefoot, but I do use ACV as a facial toner every now and then. I dilute it 1 part ACV, 2 parts water and just splash it around my face, leave it for 10min then wash it off. I believe its this that keeps the pimples away
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Accutane! This drug is a miracle drug--a godsend. I undoubtedly had the best skin of my adult life after I took accutane. Too bad they regulate it so much.

Oh, and lactic acid. It is the best topical for treating my acne, a surefire way to kill zits.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Remergent DNA serum, only just started to use it
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I wish I had started facial exercises earlier, I actually bought facercise 10 years ago, but I didn't look that bad then, it all fell apart at once Smile

Hi Lorimcp,

Many women who use Carole's Facercise program have achieved fab results. However, many need a one-on-one session with her to customize their routine to obtain their desired results. I fine tuned my routine by meeting with her a number of years ago in person, but now she offers personal training sessions via skype. You may want to check into this to get the most out of your routine. If that's the case for you, you may want to contact her at cmaggio@mminternet.com. I have been so impressed with her programs and skincare line that I created my own blog about her atwww.aprilevesblog.blogspot.com. All the best, Aprile Smile
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen, I basted on the beach without in the 70's. Also, I never used moisturiser. It is a wonder I even have any skin left!
kelly_un
5% products discount

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:30 am      Reply with quote
vit c serum and mild strength BHA and AHA lotions
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen, mild Copper Peptides for firmness, sycilic acid for acne, organic moisturizer, gentle cleansers.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
C serum and sunscreen. I am even ready to start my 12 year old on the C just to protect her skin - she's very fair - to prevent the freckling that is already starting. Though they do look cute sprayed across her nose and cheeks, I know they are just a reminder that her skin is being damaged by the sun.
Dannaadd
5% products discount

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
k! (orangewasabi) wrote:
fortunately, I have been using sunscreen all my life so the one thing I wish I had known is

OCM, Kukui nut oil & Camellia Oil -- basically I wish I had known the bennies of oil to oily skin rather than stripping my skin with harsher and harsher anti-acne products.

It seems a lof of people are talking about OCM on this board. what is OCM please? Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Dannaadd wrote:
It seems a lof of people are talking about OCM on this board. what is OCM please? Smile

OCM stands for Oil Cleansing Method. This is a good site to find out all about it:

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
The one would have to be a good sunscreen. I fried myself to the point of blistering as a teenager and in my early twenties. For some reason, the thought of wrinkling did not scare me - back then. Silly girl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I still can't figure out why vit C?
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of people mentioned vit C and sunblock. The two should be young girl's must-haves.

Bad Grin
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
nevava wrote:

well, it is claimed that vit C has the effect to prevent sun damage in deeper skin layers. And it combats free radicals, protects and stimulates collagen generation.... thus wards off skin aging... And of course it fades out freckles from sun bath...
nevava
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:50 am      Reply with quote
vikki_cooler wrote:
nevava wrote:

well, it is claimed that vit C has the effect to prevent sun damage in deeper skin layers. And it combats free radicals, protects and stimulates collagen generation.... thus wards off skin aging... And of course it fades out freckles from sun bath...

Thanks! Laughing
Vit C is not the only anti-oxidant ingredient, but everyone in this forum love it. Maybe it brings benefits in many ways.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Suncreen, and eye cream.
Mary11
5% products discount

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
The one would have to be a good sunscreen. I fried myself to the point of blistering as a teenager and in my early twenties. For some reason, the thought of wrinkling did not scare me - back then. Silly girl.

I did the exact same thing, MarieIG, and now I'm paying for it BIG TIME!!!

I wish I would've discovered Obagi earlier -- 5-10 years ago and used it then. It has only been recently that I've implemented a "full time" skincare routine. Better late than never!
I hope.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
ReVive products and OCM with castor and jojoba oil!!!
Tina89
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I would use the moisture cream early to hydrate my skin,instead of just cleaning the skin without anything to apply on the skin.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely started use Sunblock long time ago. The other products would be jojoba as make-up removal and moisturiser and camelia oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Vit C serum + sunscreen + taz.
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I think it must be sunscreen.
I didn't use any sunscreen until I was 20......
In that time, there was lack of beauty forum and information. I didn't know how important sunscreen was. So I have a lot of marks on my face!!
mariansc
5% products discount

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
diy VITAMN C SERUM. All the worthless, expensive creams I purchased to get rid of hyperpigmentation (hormomonal), even a prescription strength. LAA did the trick. Plus, rice bran oil, rosehip oil, plus soybean oil, and avocado oil. Great moisturizers!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |