Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Eye cream,neck cream and sunscreen is so important.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
If I recommend one: that is eye cream.

If I recommend two: eye cream and sunblock.

If I recommend three: eye cream, sunblock and toner.

For these, i am using kinerase intensive crem, dior, and Aesop parsley anti-oxidant toner.

highly recommend those.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
blackmamba wrote:
I wish I would have stayed away from salyic acid too, I used the neutogena acne wash for years and I think it did more harm than good.

Hi, I think PhaiG said was she wishes she kept away from benzoyl peroxide NOT salicylic acid.

BP is bad for the skin, but i don't believe think SA is. I agree about the neutrogena acne wash with SA though, but i think it's the other harsh ingredients in the neutrogena and not so much the SA that is damaging.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
blackmamba wrote:
I wish I would have stayed away from salyic acid too, I used the neutogena acne wash for years and I think it did more harm than good.

Hi, I think PhaiG said was she wishes she kept away from benzoyl peroxide NOT salicylic acid.

BP is bad for the skin, but i don't believe think SA is. I agree about the neutrogena acne wash with SA though, but i think it's the other harsh ingredients in the neutrogena and not so much the SA that is damaging.

Totally agree here. Salicylic acid can be very helpful, but that orange Neutrogena wash was very stripping -- way to harsh no matter what your skin type. And I, too, used it for years.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I'd tell my younger self that laying out on a reflective sunning blanket after coating myself with coconut smelling suntanning oil and BAKING for hours is NOT good! Smile

sunscreen.
sunscreen.
sunscreen.

Stay away from the likes of Clean and Clear, Seabreeze and other drugstore acne solutions.

focus on skincare first, makeup later.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
good firming and moisturizing cream

and SPF creams

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
It definitely has to be IS Clinical Active Serum. I wish I had this stuff in my teens, it would have stopped so many break outs.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C and Sunblock
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I would have used sunscreen, instead of baby oil mixed with iodine ... Rolling Eyes Embarassed Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen on my neck and hands. I also wish I had started MSM and other vitamins 10 years ago along with facial exercises. I actually had the book 10 years ago, but didn't ever stick with it.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
1) Sunscreen of 30 at least
2) Retin-A
3) C serum
4) better nutrition, no cigarettes! (I did quit, yay!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely sunblock.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
a good sunscreen, like everyone else...and used it on my chest. gentler cleanser, better quality anti aging products, eye cream...and stayed out of saunas as too hard on my face.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Most definitely sunscreen will be my number 1 product to use since birth.

Also I would have moisturized my face in the early years.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen, I started using when I was 18 but I should have started earlier but since mom was forcing me so =)

A good eye cream! I'm noticing some fine lines around the eye area =(

Drink more water and take care of my own health .. take vitamins, stay away from junk foods etc.

I've never used a neck cream and now that you all mentioned, which neck cream would you recommend? Thanks!
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Eye cream, neck cream and sunblock are important. Besides those, I think firming serum or cream are necessary.

face slack is much more terrible than fine lines or wrinkles.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
2) Retin-A
3) C serum
4)

Ditto except add facial exercises for my #4
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
1. No question, Devita sunscreen.

2. Best bath store acne gel- it's the gentlest acne product ever that's surprisingly effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
2) Retin-A
3) C serum
4) better nutrition, no cigarettes! (I did quit, yay!)

right! but No.4 for me - gentle/not overstripping cleanser

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Seriously, Sunscreen. I was born and raised in CA and everyone is tanned. I never went to any salons (lucky me) since I was always out in the sun. I prefer being pale over crispy anyday.

Wish I knew about:
1) Sunscreen
2) Retin-A
3) eye cream

Thanks for all the advice about the hands/neck. I always neglect those areas and focus on my face.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
wish i knew bout sunblock, dangers of sun, retinol, Sad Sad
saring
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
1) sunblock
2) eye cream
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
sunscreen, Vitamin C serum, apple cider vinegar for my feet, coconut oil for my hair
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
sunscreen, Vitamin C serum, apple cider vinegar for my feet, coconut oil for my hair

Barefootgirl, what is apple cider vinegar doing for your feet and how are you using it?
and what`s with coconut oil for your hair??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Sunblock, Vitamin C serum, and facial exercise.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |