Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Avocado oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
You guys are such enablers!

I picked up a ginormous bottle of avocado oil at the health food store yesterday, a little tin of shea butter AND a little vial of cinnamon essential oil. I plan to scoop out abit of the shea, pour in some cinnamon EO + avocado oil, mix the whole thing up and call it my new lipbalm. I wish they sold those lip plumper ingredients somewhere (ie, MaxiLip, etc) I could create the greatest lip plumper ever! Muahahahaha! Bad Grin
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
You know what, I was gonna post my verdict but didn't want to get everyone obsessed with their nipples....lol

I put it on ONE side, JUST ONE TIME, I DID notice the difference in color that same night before I take a shower. Really amazing, just ONE time. I was lazy too, I just used the lip balm on(the mixture with shea butter), can't imagine if I put plain avocado oil on.

I am going to start putting avocado oil ALL OVER my body after shower tonite, will see what kind of magic I will see. Hopefully baby soft, transparent skin tone Shhh

I KNEW this would happen! I'm going to need a vat of avocado oil! Laughing
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:

I picked up a ginormous bottle of avocado oil at the health food store yesterday, a little tin of shea butter AND a little vial of cinnamon essential oil. I plan to scoop out abit of the shea, pour in some cinnamon EO + avocado oil, mix the whole thing up and call it my new lipbalm. I wish they sold those lip plumper ingredients somewhere (ie, MaxiLip, etc) I could create the greatest lip plumper ever! Muahahahaha! Bad Grin

You think that'd plump my breasts? Wink
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
red77 wrote:
Agave wrote:

You think that'd plump my breasts? Wink

LOL!

It's so funny that the "grass is always greener." I recently went on BCP for health reasons and my breasts are straining to fit into my c-cup bra. I'm crying because I don't like having large breasts in the first place on my small frame, let alone having them get bigger.

Which reminds me of a theory I shared with my mom... when I use the lip plumpers, only my lower lip (which is naturally fuller) seems to show any noticable change. Likewise, I go on birth control and it feels like as soon as the first pill entered my mouth, they started to expand. I think with alot of these things, you need a decent amount of "stuff" to begin with naturally. I know some of my A-cup friends didn't notice much difference at all with the pill and it seems some very thin-lipped women don't see changes with the lip products.

So not fair!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - I don't know what to do with my other eye creams now Think I did an experiment on myself the other night, I had my doubt on using it on the lids bc it SHOULD make my eyelids droopy, it's OIL, so I soaked my eyelids with the oils one night(I was brave Razz ), I PUT A LOT on, to a point where I can't really open my eyes, then I went to bed and expect to see DROOPY eyes, I woke up with *FAT* eyes but in good way (like when I was a teen), eyelids were not droopy, but *plumped*, if you know what I am trying to describe.....the smallest bottle I have seen is 4ml. My feet are liking it too, so I am looking for the BIGGEST bottle out here, haha !

Aprilha - You can buy empty balm tubes from camdengrey for $0.7 each, $4.75 for 10, etc, but before I MASS produce it for my friends and family, I dug out my old lip balm and used it. Or you can buy a cheap lip balm out there for the tube. http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Essential&Category_Code=0801

Agave - I don't know if they will plump your breast, I just put it on ONE of my nipples ONCE. I bought a spray bottle (hard to find a good one out there), so I finally bought L'occitane's linen water, I prefer that kind of sprayer with a handle. Since last night, I have spraying my bedroom with this lavender linen water LIKE CRAZY, hoping I can fill the empty spray bottle with my avocado oil for my body and hair

red77 - if you don't put cinnamon oil in it, you can double it as an eye balm too, so it's less shiny on the eyes. Although the shea butter may make my eyes droopy ?? not sure. when I mix my balm, I mix in AS MUSH avocado oil as possible, just before the thing starts to turn back to texture of oil. I made a balm in a pot (with shea butter), and a stick (with beeswax) Wink

I RESTRAINT myself from using ANY lipgloss, lip color in the past 3 days, bc I want to see how much can avocado oil do to my lips. I admit it was really reeeaally hard on the first day, I never walk out my door with no color on my lips. The oil will bring back your own natural red/pink to your lips, but won't get any REDDER than your own natural color. After this INTENSE jumpstart, I will use it as a lipbase and night treatment, so I will never get caught with pale lips EVER AGAIN. I KNOW I won't be able to quit putting color on my lips, too tempting Laughing

P.S. remember to exfolitate your lips religiously too, exfoliate then avocado oil, YOU HAVE TO NOTICE the difference !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Okay guys, I'm convinced. Doesn't take much though!!!! I'll have feedback in a couple days for you!

Lori
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, diderot Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:

That's almost exactly what I did, except I used *cocoa* butter instead of Shea butter!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
BTW, it’s Cinnamon LEAF essential oil that works best as a lip plumper, not Cinnamon BARK oil – just wanted to let you know in case you’re not pleased with your homemade lip balm’s results!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using avocado oil for appx a week now...I have to say that my lip color has definitely deepened! I'm still waiting to see if it has a noticeable effect on my eye area. Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Avacodo oil sounds interesting. Do I need to get it on the WEB or do pharmacies and health food stores carry it?
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
ok, my newest discovery.....

I thought my lips got used to the oil, bc after a week, I didn't see the BIG difference which I saw initially. Too lazy to make another batch of balm, I put plain avocado oil on my lips tonite, and I saw the RED again. So I think, even though I TRIED to blend in as little shea butter/beeswax as possible, it must have affected the effectiveness of avocado oil. So I am gonna forget blending the thing, just use the pure oil on my lips. For the eyes, I also find that you have to put ENOUGH to notice a difference, but I know a lot of people will refuse to even try it. IF YOU decide to try it, you may see your eyes drooping/puffing a little in the first hours, JUST DON'T LOOK IN THE MIRROR and have faith, go to bed, you'll see what I mean when you wake up in the morning. Not sure if it works for everyone, but how much damage can one night do ? Confused

I hope all the trial and error, we will ALL end up with PERFECT lips, eyes, hands and feet Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Diderot -- I've been using it on my eyes and lips, straight, every night!! I am NOT AFRAID!!!!!

I havent noticed the puffy eye syndrome, though that seems to be how my eyes usually are anyway....but I do suffer from AVOCADO BLINDNESS if I overdo it at night! Do not avocado and drive! Very dangerous. Anyway, as I said before...STILL waiting for miraculous eye results...but lips are much darker! I should post a pic of it! I wish I had a before....
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Avacodo oil sounds interesting. Do I need to get it on the WEB or do pharmacies and health food stores carry it?
Health food stores and/or on the internet only, most likely. Unless you've got a "homeopathic" pharmacy in your area, it's unlikely they would carry avocado oil.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
chimera, I should have taken a BEFORE picture of my lips too Laughing

WOW, AVOCADO BLINDNESS Laughing then you are RIGHT ON !

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
My health food store did not have avacado oil. They had a lip balm with hemp oil, avacado oil and peppermint. It feels very good. I do not notice any color change it may not have enough avacado oil. I will look further something that makes your lips pinl and smooth at the same time seems great.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I bought a lip balm today that has avocado oil in it. It's a lovely lip balm but I dind't see any change in lip color. Like diderot pointed out, I think it must be pure Avo oil but I haven't tried it yet so I can't compare.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed that when the oil is on my lips they appear a lot smoother too! Has anyone else noticed this? I am sitting here at 7 pm (after I applied it last night) and they seem to be back to normal. Oh well. Wink
BabyBlues
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Is there anywhere on line that we can order avacado oil? I have checked our health food stores here to no avail.

I loved reading all of your posts! Very Happy
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone found this at Whole Foods? That is my last resort (I thought I was sure to find it at The Vitamin Shoppe or better still Harvest Market but no such luck.)

Whole Foods is not too far, but far enough to want to know if they will (most likely) have it.

Dying to try this, but so far coming up empty handed.........

Thanks -- Melissa
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I got mine at Whole Foods. It’s in the aisle where they have skincare/shampoo/personal hygiene stuff, and it’s grouped over near the body oils/bath oils stuff. I think I got a 4 ounce bottle for less than $5.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Carekate! One more "must do" to jam into the busy weekend.....
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the avocado oil for about 10 days twice a day. My lips might be slightly pinker they are definitely smoother.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Weather in Boston is finally warming up, so I don't feel like using 100% avocado oil on my eyes. I have been mixing it with Darphin intensive firming gel(which has proline in) half and half, it's great, firms up and hydrates my eyes. I will try mixing the oil with other eye products later.

So far, I made 3 lipstick balm for 3 people, they ALL love it.

P.S. I see more and more products out there with avocado oil in, never noticed that before.

Happy avocado-ing !

D

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Of all the products I have spent an insane amount of money on, I can't believe I found such success in the cooking oil aisle!!!

The number one thing I have wanted to address is under eye fine lines (followed closely by upper lip fine lines and dark circles.) I can't believe I could have done it from the start at the Grocery Store!!

Avocado Oil has worked magic on the fine lines under my eyes (as well as those dreaded squint lines too), I'm impressed. Have decided to branch out and try other body parts next.

I have used it on my lips for a few days and find once it dries they feel a little flaky (where they weren't necessarily before!) Anyone else find this? I guess I need to experiment with adding some kind of butter too!

Thanks to whoever discovered this one! What a find!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |