Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Jergen's "Natural Glow"-found self-tanner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:31 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
No kidding they are selling it with a mark up!!! The buy it now price is as high as $23.95 Shock Shock That is totally insane. Is it really worth it for that price?
I’ve actually paid more than $30 for a self-tanner (Decleor) before, so I wouldn’t bat an eye if Jergen’s actually charged $23.95 for Natural Glow – this stuff is totally worth it!!!

But I’m thankful that I *don’t* have to pay that much because I’m lucky enough to find it for less than seven bucks – even though I may have to go to two or three stores to find it when it becomes sold out!!

But before you cough up $23.95 to one of those Ebay crooks yourself, you’d be better off working out a deal with me or Lolli to send you a couple of tubes because we’re not going to rip you off....

Carrie

P.S. Thanks for the followup tip, pbsadhaka! I’m going to try the vanilla fragrance oil tonight....
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the shipping, I never understood that, why people charge so much for shipping when it does not cost as much! But i guess there is people for everything..people are actually buying them at those crazy prices, so I guess that is why they are going for so much!! In that case I will just buy my Decleor fake stuff. But not now, I actually did find myself a bottle of Natural glow and am very pleased with it, but I will buy whenever they stock my walmart!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I searched for Jergen's Natural Glow today. NO LUCK!!! My local CVS in MA said that it is back ordered. Shock Sounds like Jergens has a hot product. Checked out their website. They said they will email me when it is back in stock. Guess we have a winner here. Very Happy Hope the price stays nice and low.

Back to edit: you can get Natural Glow at: http://www.americarx.com/index.asp. I believe it is 6.49. I also checked out Ebay. Unbelievable!!!! Ebay sellers are getting 15.00 to 25.00 per tube. Bad Grin
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie, you need to buy it all up and flog it on ebay at a great profit, but remember only to charge me cost plus postage.OK. Then when you are rich beyond belief you can thank me for the suggestion.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I ordered from here to get mine

http://www.globaldrugs.ca/

Delivery was a lot to UK but maybe reasonable more locally.

The only problem with this stuff is that you only get 150ml in tube and that only lasted me 1.5 weeks Sad so you need 3 tubes just for a month really.
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I nosed around on ebay for Jergen's Natural Glow and didn't see any! Very Happy Just like most drugstore shelves Shock Spose it's selling out there, too? Shock
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Red, type in Jergens Natural Glow, not Jergen's, I don't think there is an apostrophy, I did the same thing when I first searched for it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Believe me there are many Natural Glows on Ebay. What I can't believe is all the bids that are willing to pay 20.00 for a 7.00 item. No thanks, I will wait. Rolling Eyes
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:42 am      Reply with quote
American RX.Com. 5% discount code: APRNWSLTRDC. The Natural Glow is 6.79. Shipping in US is 3.50 and .79 for each additional item.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen KMart listed yet as possible shopping stops for this product. I was there to buy storage totes this morning and thought I'd check it out. (Two CVS's, one Target and one Walgreens in my area are sold out.) KMart had a large display with at least a dozen bottles each of Fair and Medium. Try your local KMart!!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hurray! After shopping at over 8 stores I FINALLY found it at the 3rd Wal-Mart. I bought 4 large tubes at $4.44 each. Now I just hope it works. Laughing Will let you all know in a few days.
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Lolli Smile

I checked at my Walmart yesterday--big hole on the shelf where they should be Shock

ETA: Oh my! There are two pages of Jergens for sale on ebay Shock
Lolli--that was the key--I used an apostrophe.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome. Smile I know eBay just ignores periods in their searches it should be the same with apostrophes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to mention, our Wal-Mart has been out for a couple weeks now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Hurray! After shopping at over 8 stores I FINALLY found it at the 3rd Wal-Mart. I bought 4 large tubes at $4.44 each. Now I just hope it works. Laughing Will let you all know in a few days.
Well, if it turns out that you don't like it, remember you can always sell it on Ebay!
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff is great...it has banished my pasty white legs!! Shock

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree this product is AWESOME.....now I don't look pale. Just a nice healthy glow. Right on Jergens.
I use the medium and I am blonde, blue/green eyes.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Definately worth the arduous search. After only three applications of the light shade, my skin has a sun-kissed look about it. Good find, Carekate
schatze
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I tried several places before I found a tube of medium high on a shelf at Kmart. Walmart was supposed to get a shipment in a couple of days but they had two tubes of light, ditto my local pharmacy. I'm pretty fair, but the light color comparison looked too close to my current skin tone as a finished product. I find the smell better than the other self tanners I've used, but I wouldn't want it on my face where I would breathe it in all day. After 3 days, my legs have a warm glow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I found a tube that says "Designed for fair skin tones". I just found it today. Iy was the only color they had. I'm gonna give it a try tonight before bed. You're not supposed to put it on your face are you?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
One down, five to go! I stopped at two stores on the way to work this morning, trying to locate 6 tubes of NG in Medium for two pals in the UK. The first store was completely sold out, the second store had a ton of “Light” tubes, but only one left in the medium so my hunt continues....I should’ve kept my big trap shut and kept the Natural Glow all to myself!! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
You're not supposed to put it on your face are you?
You can if you want to! That's the brilliance of this stuff...lots of the reviewers on MUA say it's fantastic to use on your face -- much more believable than most self-tanners that are made for the face. It's also more 'forgiving' during application so you don't need to be an expert. It sounds like you bought the "fair" formula. If you find it doesn't give you enough color, you might want to graduate to "Medium" -- if you can find it on the shelves!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
oops I am in trouble. Waxed my friends legs the other day and put the jergens on one leg to see how she liked it. She phoned me up yesterday to say she has one lovely brown leg and cannot wear skirt/ shorts in public at moment. I was only showing her how great it is and it is more noticable if you do one leg cos then you can compare. I did offer to do the other leg.
Sorry Carrie to send you chasing all over USA.
There is no rush.Whenever will do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I finally found a sample size of the Jergans medium bundled with a John Freida hair conditioner.

At any rate, I was anxious to try the product, due to the rave reviews. Truthfully, the product was mediocre. If you are going to self tan and endure the residual odor, you might as well go "full swing" and use a product that really imparts a visible tan.

The color was subtle and probably nice if you are very fair. Otherwise I would opt for a darker formulation. My personal favorite is Sun Laboratories Ultra Dark Spray Tan. An island in the bottle!!!

Another good one is Savage Tan Mousse. Very easy to use and cheap. You can find it at Sallys.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I am apparantly allergic to this. I get little red itchy bumps after about two days of using it.

I have a tube of the light that is about 1/2 full that someone can have if they pay the shipping costs. I also have a new tube of the medium that someone can have for my cost (5.99) plus shipping. We can do everything via paypal. There is no use having this 'precious commodity' go bad sitting in my bathroom cabinate.

On a side note, I tried Neutrogena's Build-a-Tan Gradual Sunless Tanning. It is really nice. Not as moisturing as the jergens, but no rash, so that is a good thing. It gets darker a bit faster, I think it only took me two applications to get to the shade that i wanted. (I am very fair, and I only wanted to banish the pasties) No streaks and a very natural looking color.

Liz
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |