Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut V15 Doctor Babor Cleanformance Renewal Overnight Mask (75 ml)
Has anyone used Nira laser or compared to Tria Age lasers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
michele3873

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Been thinking of getting a facial laser. I have been looking at the Tria facial lasers and the Nira Skin Laser. Has anyone compared these two brands of lasers? Thoughts?

From the research I have done, Tria is a fractional Laser that works by destroying columns of tissue, denaturing the skin cells so that they die - giving your body the signal to start producing more Collagen to make up for the dead skin cells and destroyed tissue. One of the side effects of this type of laser is that it can cause redness and inflammation due to the tissue damage.

Nira is a non-fractional laser using newer P3 technology. The Nira laser heats the skin to the point where dermal cells send out Heat Shock Protein Formation (HSP) stimulating your cells to rejuvenate and increase Collagen production. NIRA does this just below the pain threshold and well below the point where the skin is damaged. Nira is advertised to be pain and irritation free.

Curious if anyone has used or compared these lasers. Both seem to get good reviews, obviously the issue people often have with Tria is the pain and redness. I am not a scared·y-cat but some of the reviews about how painful Tria can be, does give me pause. And if I can get the same or similar results without pain and redness, well that is definitely a plus.

With Tria there is separate lasers for face vs eye area. Nira states it is approved for use under the eyes, crow’s feet area, and around the mouth however it is proven safe for use on face and you may use it for other areas of the face. I am mainly interested in treating eyes, 11's, around mouth and possibly forehead.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Tria..I had considered it since Laser is one of the few tools I hadn't tried but I didn't think my issues warranted the time and recovery that came with it.

I decided to give the Nira a whirl despite the fact that my eyes do not have lines except when I smile and even the hollows that were threatening have gotten much better from other things I've done.
But it can be used anywhere on the face. I will do the eyes and around the mouth (the area that bothers me most) and take it from there.

After just a few treatments I can say this; if it does work it may be the best device I've ever gotten. It's amazingly quick to use and doesn't leave redness behind. And I don't find it painful at all..There is a mild pinch of heat but it's hardly a problem.
Truth is that you could do your whole face in little more than 5 minutes if you wanted to.

I'd love to see some results in 30 days but I plan more on 60-90 days to give it a fair shot.
But the ease of use is already a positive factor for me. That makes it so much easier to hang in there.
Kandi
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I have both the Tria and the Nira. I've had the Tria for years, and use it faithfully. My main issue is marionette lines, and it did not get rid of those. What it did do however is help with pigmentation issues (age spots) and overall skin tone of the face.

I have tried many 'gadgets', and this is the only one that has ever done anything for me. The rest sit in a drawer.

I decided to add the NIRA laser recently, so it is too soon to report on positive effects of that. I did take photos of my mouth region before starting it. My face is pretty tolerant of pain due to long term use of the Tria (which no longer even stings at all and for me was quite tolerable even in the begining), so I started with the highest level on the NIRA laser. The areas I normally use the Tria on, are no problem. Areas I don't normally use the Tria on (ex: above upper lip area) does hurt on level 5 with NIRA. It is a hot pinch, then goes away.

The Tria does leave me red, so I do it in the evenings only. Redness is mostly gone in the morning unless I get a little over-zealous the night before with it. The Nira laser also leaves me red. So, for me, there is some pinching pain and redness with the NIRA, but that is my own fault as I'm using it on the highest setting. I'm using it 2 times per day - morn/evening.

I don't know if the Nira laser can help with the marionette lines, but if it helps a little, that is a win for me. So far, facial exercise is the only thing that has offered any improvement of that area, but the improvement is not significant. I'm hoping if a little collagen builds underneath, coupled with facial exercise, maybe my mouth area will look a little better.

I will provide an update down the road on the Nira usage and if I think any improvement was noted for my face.
Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I have not compared them but when I was looking at tools I did come across the tria for 179$ on sale right now at the current body UK website- it is 219 on the US site. From my reading of reviews it seems that the laser is very mild and slow to work so the investment isn’t always worth the results but at this price point on sale I have been considering it . I didn’t pull the trigger yet because I don’t think it is really the right tool for me at this point and I am looking more at RF and micro currant.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2020 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
@Malishka31, Microcurrent, RF and Laser are all suppose to stimulate collagen but they address it in different ways. Microcurrent is suppose to stimulate and retrain muscle, RF is suppose to tighten sagging skin and Laser should trigger the repair of minor skin flaws like fine lines, sunspots and shallow scars.

In my experience the home devices all work to some degree but require a lot of patience and the understanding that the end results will never be as dramatic as professional treatments.
Kandi
5% products discount

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:41 am      Reply with quote
After using the NIRA laser on my marionette lines for 60 days, I was hoping to start seeing improvement. Yes, I understand it is marketed for crows feet as that is all they have FDA clearance for at the time.

Their claims say 'With The NIRA Skincare Laser, you will begin to see results after 60 days and see great results after 90 days.'.

Actually, I think my marionette lines look worse now after 60 days of twice daily treatment with the NIRA laser.

I also use the Tria laser, and occassional dermaroller on the same areas and have done so for years. Just the NIRA is a new addition to my routine, I have not changed anything else. I have some photos, but can't figure out how to add them. I plan to continue using the NIRA for 90 days at least.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Tria and wasn't sure I was seeing any results, so I stopped using it just because meh.... But now I'm interested in the Nira, because it's newer technology and I felt like the Before/After pictures were more impressive than Tria.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Damn I was hoping to see more positive results from Nira. I'm about to buy it but now I'm hesitant. Anyone else try it?
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:40 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Damn I was hoping to see more positive results from Nira. I'm about to buy it but now I'm hesitant. Anyone else try it?

I'd love to know also! what the heck can we use at home that actually works? I have the tria that I've had for years. Stopped using it as it didn't do a thing for lip lines and that was my main issue. Any suggestions?
Sigint

Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Hey! That's a good question. I'm more into skin rejuvenation NYC. However, I researched and found that both devices use different technologies to treat skin concerns.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15 Doctor Babor Cleanformance Renewal Overnight Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |