Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

*~~~~~~~DIY skincare recipe & discussion thread~~~~~~~~*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Angiemum

Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
Thanks for such a warm welcome DarkMoon, much appreciated Smile back is definitely improving, it was a stressful time being in hospital while pregnant with back injury, with a four and five yr old at home. But all three children are great, and i am on the mend! Glad to know someone else knows the stress of having lovely angels to raise, lol. I will definitely have a look at the recipes u mentioned, i have to rescue my skin badly! In a fortnight i'll be able to start mixing up all sorts of concoctions, and hopefully have some more to add. I am in australia, so i am looking at where i'll get my hands on the right lotions and potions, so to speak. Am riveted by so many ingenious recipes, and i am all for less chemicals. I am researching a way to make a stable, clean but fairly 'natural' base cream, hopefully i'll hit the jackpot and b able to share that too. Again, thanks for the welcome!

25yr old caucasian mama of three, dry to comb. skin, severe f/h wrinkles, VERY aged looking skin - happened only this year due to (i believe) x'trmly high stgth meds for back injury over many months, stress, smoking, dehyd'tion, poor skin care... But its only up from here, watch out wrinkles! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Just to give you some great info here is the index for the DIY recipes, plus down near the bottom is a list of web sites for supplies I think Havana8 put the work into getting all this together! I am sure your recipe will be added if not so already.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

HTH

DM

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, i'll definitely bookmark it. Those serums look fabulous... Well basically everything in the index does. Can't wait to get mixing...

Angiemum

25yr old caucasian mama of three, dry to comb. skin, severe f/h wrinkles, VERY aged looking skin - happened only this year due to (i believe) x'trmly high stgth meds for back injury over many months, stress, smoking, dehyd'tion, poor skin care... But its only up from here, watch out wrinkles! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Angiemum wrote:
Thanks for the info, i'll definitely bookmark it. Those serums look fabulous... Well basically everything in the index does. Can't wait to get mixing...

Angiemum

It really is great to have the index!
All those fabulous recipes makes me want to go buy a few lab coats Very Happy
DM

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm feeling u on that... And the thought that what i can make i can tailor to my skin... And not paying for ingredients that are just there to fill out the product. I also appreciate having recipes that don't have unhealthy toxic chemicals. However i haven't found 'natural' recipes that are potent like these. What a find, i am excited Smile

Angiemum

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I can certainly relate, so many great recipes and just so much skin Very Happy I love this as well when it comes to DIY you can tweak things to suit your needs! There are a lot of you gals from Down Under on the forum, ask here on the DIY thread I am sure they will be more than happy to help out with ingredients! I would love to visit there someday, but not in the cards right now!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, I want to share this with you. I have posted it on another thread related to eye bags but thought maybe here would be a good place to have it.

There is a DIY thing that someone shared with me long time ago. I have not tried this myself but she did it at her beauty saloon and her customers were loving it.

What you do after cleansing your skin is to apply an eye contour or moisturaizing or whatever you like, non grease, please.

Wait few minutes and then apply something that acts as a tuck. She used a collagen serum that I have and loooove, but told me that a home equivalent would be an egg white. Maybe one of those instant flash lifting ampoulles would work too.

Once is totally dry and you feel it tight you have to put 2 surgical tape straps or equivalent this way:

Just make sure they are no too close to your lower eyelid as it would be uncomfortable to close you eyes.

Wait for a while, but the longer you use it the better the results. Some of her customers would sleep on it.

When you take it off the skin is super-moisturaized and the puffiness gone, in case you have severe bags they would be improved but not 100% gone in just one session.

Hope this helps!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity,
Great post and pic! Now does have something to work her magic for upper lids? That would be fantastic!!
Very Happy
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

Could you be more specific?

I know if you have hollow upper eyelids oils do fill them temporarelly, (only upper lids, don't go lower as they will get very puffy, specially if applied at night) and if you have fatty eyelids I know she used some massage techniques to reduce puffiness and after apply some de-congesting cooling gel or something similar. But i guess for this one you could use the spoon at the fridge trick.

For eyelift she used microcurrents as far as I know/remember. But I know for sure facial exercises do the same as far as lifting the eye.

I gave her some dancing lessons and she gave me some good treatments for free, but I couldn't help myself keep asking about everything you can possibly imagine Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity,
Sorry for not being clear. It is the dreaded droop of the lids, brows migrating south! I know there are loads of temporary fixes. It does seem however to be quite difficult to "fix" short of going under the knife. Not an option!
DM
Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
DM,

I agreee. I think the best you can do is prevention, but once the problem is there and severe, no miracle will happen overnight.

However great improvement can be done if you are treating your body internally as externally.

You are your best (and most severe) jury for sure...
shaznibabez
5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
This is a reallt cool thread Very Happy loads of different ideas on homemade products!! I will be trying the ylang ylang oil similar to that of the decleor product.....will let you know how it turns out.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
DM,

I agreee. I think the best you can do is prevention, but once the problem is there and severe, no miracle will happen overnight.

However great improvement can be done if you are treating your body internally as externally.

You are your best (and most severe) jury for sure...

Zenity,

I take all the Garden of Life supplements for about 4 years now as well as some added ones, it is gravity as we age that gets the best of us, should have spent more time standing on my head LOL
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
shaznibabez wrote:
This is a reallt cool thread Very Happy loads of different ideas on homemade products!! I will be trying the ylang ylang oil similar to that of the decleor product.....will let you know how it turns out.

shaznibabez,
I can't agree more, this is great everyone sharing such wonderful recipes!
As far as Decleor, if you check out the ingredients on most aromessence's it is pretty easy to duplicate so much cheaper!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
LOL! You just made me laugh as memories came to me... When I was a child I was called "the upside-down kid" by my mom. Something that my little one seems to have on her genes too. I wonder if I should go back to that... Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity,
I know what you are saying after all the many years of gymnastics, ballet I spent a lot of upsidedown time myself, but I am afraid my 55 year old body just would not handle it anymore. I would most likely land on my bum and break my tail bone! Shock

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
How can I make something like this? It's the buzz on acne.

Activated Distilled Water
Sodium Chlorite
Aloe Vera
Mono-Atomic Zinc
Mono-Atomic Silver
Mono-Atomic Copper
Lysozymatic Enzymes derived from fruits and vegetables
Glycerin
Quar Gum
Soy Bean Oil
Stearic Acid
Vanillin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust,
Some of the ingredients are common and easily obtainable, others I wouldn't have a clue where to purchase them assuming you can. I am not at all sure you can purchase everything on the list.
Sorry I can't be more help
DM

5% products discount

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
HI
I have mild rosacea a have been using Metro Gel to keep it under control. I was having dryness and redness problems, so I started using my daughters Differin and new moisturizer. I am also prone to milia on my cheeks and under my eyes. I know that lightstim has rosacea light, but the rosacea seem to be under control and I am interested the anti-age light. I want to use it for wrinkles and sagging skin, collagen building and to reduce small broken capillaries. I have read the posts on this website saying that the age light is great. My concern it that the heat from the lamp will increase the rosacea. Has anyone with rosacea use the age light with success? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tina
havana8

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
HI
I have mild rosacea a have been using Metro Gel to keep it under control. I was having dryness and redness problems, so I started using my daughters Differin and new moisturizer. I am also prone to milia on my cheeks and under my eyes. I know that lightstim has rosacea light, but the rosacea seem to be under control and I am interested the anti-age light. I want to use it for wrinkles and sagging skin, collagen building and to reduce small broken capillaries. I have read the posts on this website saying that the age light is great. My concern it that the heat from the lamp will increase the rosacea. Has anyone with rosacea use the age light with success? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tina

Welcome to EDS, Sunshinetreasure. wave I've moved your post to the last page of the "Anti-Aging LightStim" thread as there are lots of LightStim users there who will be able to help you. Here is the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=495842#495842
lugubriouswaifs

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everybody, I just joined today but have been reading this forum for a while. I've been enjoying my ACV toner and just decided to try an aspirin mask. I have very, very sensitive skin so I decided to try using just 2 uncoated aspirin instead of the suggested 5 or 6. I mixed it with some greek yogurt, ACV, a few drops of honey, and a pre-made powder mixture of french green clay, seaweed, vitamin C and some other goods things. I left it on for about 30 minutes but it wasn't completely dry. The places it did dry are rather red and looked burned. Will this go away soon? Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
lugubriouswaifs,
Hello and Welcome!
To be honest without knowing exactly how much of all ingredients and what all the ingredients you have in your mix it is hard to give you an answer! Sometimes things don't mix well, or there is some one thing that caused the irritation.
I would apply some healing soothing oil or balm, I think you may have a mild chemical burn, but with information you provided it is just a guess on my part.

HTH
DM

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick response. It went away already... I guess I just panicked because I've never done it before/my sensitive skin. I'm very pleased with the results besides the worries about the initial redness. I think I'll just leave it on for 15 minutes next time and not increase the aspirin tablets until I'm certain about how my skin reacts.

I used this "Purifying Seaweed Facial Mask" by %100 Pure as a base for my aspirin mask. I got it as a gift and I really like it.

Ingredients: Organic Seaweeds(Kelp, Agar Agar, Bladderwrack), French Green Clay, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate), Organic Peppermint Leaves.

I have such big pores from years of acne and now that my skin is finally clear I'm searching for ways to minimize the appearance. I think the aspirin mask and ACV toner are going to do a good job with continued use. Does anybody else have any good suggestions for "shrinking" pores?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
lugubriouswaifs,
A few questions are you diluting the ACV or using it straight? And did you add more vitamin C or just what came in the premade mask?
Even with out adding you may have a wee tad too much acid in the mix, I just don't want to see you harm your skin. The ACV should be diluted to 50% and 50% water, distilled is best.

DM

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I dilute my ACV toner with a green tea/chamomile mixture and add a few drops of ylang ylang, lemon, and tea tree essential oils.

I didn't add any vitamin C to the mask and didn't put much ACV in because I know the strength can bother my skin. I might just leave it out next time since I use the toner.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |