Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
results fade after 3 months.... do you rotate products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
socalgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else found that a product that amazed you with the results at first, seems to not be so effective after 3-4 months? But then if you come back to it say 6 months later, it works again, though maybe not quite as well as the first time.

Just curious, this seems to happen to me but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it! Was thinking I might try consciously rotating the products I like every 3 months to see if that increases their effectiveness.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Every couple of months I do like rotate my skincare regime, it's like shampoo, it's good to change every so often Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have noticed that.
But please keep in mind, it takes products 3 to 6 months for it to work. You should never look for immediate reaction to your skin unless it is bad.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
i get better and better results with some products as time goes on but for some products, it's true that they worked amazing in the first 2-3 months for me and then don't seem to have that spark any more.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
No. I don't believe in products "wearing out". I think results become less noticeable over time because of the law of diminishing returns. In other words, at whatever age I am, my skin can only be improved to a certain point and after that point, any improvement would be so miniscule, I wouldn't notice it. So I stick with Retin-A/Sunscreen/AHAs/C+ Serum plus assorted peels, exfoliators, etc. Generally, unless a new ingredient comes out that has serious clinical proof to support, I stick with my tried-and-true. And, boy, the minute I go off my routine - NOW there's a change I can really see. For the worse.
socalgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, I don't think I've ever had the patience to try something hoping it would start working only after 3 months! Diminishing returns... well true, I am getting older no matter how hard I fight it, but honestly I hope I look better/younger since I've found this board!

Thanks for the input, I'll be trying the rotation, as long as I don't start getting diminishing returns and looking worse. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I really hope it works out.

I remember reading an article in (I think) Allure magazine about what Dermatalogist use and one had a comment about 3 to 6 months to notice a difference and don't rely on one or two week notice of change.

Also, my dermo said the same thing the first time I went to see one.

Please come back to this tread in three months and let us know what happens.

Bye for now. Very Happy
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I think rotating products works sometimes, but there are certain products I use all the time.

Some of the products I change every 6 months are:
- cleanser (I use a more moisturizing one in the fall/winter)
- Dermalogica Microfoliant (spring/summer only)
- Cellular Skin RX Polishing Grains (fall/winter in place of the Dermalogica Microfoliant)
- Night Cream (usually use a richer one in the winter)

Lori

Thu May 16, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |