Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)
Read any good books lately???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I started to read "Madam Bovary" and I really tried to read the whole book but it was a real drag!

I stopped and started to read "The Help" today. What a big difference between the two books. This one is more enjoyable to read.

I cried like a baby in that movie!!! its great

There's a movie? When was it released?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Just finished...

Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen - Great story, especially when you learn from the authors notes many of the events in this story are based on actual seperate events through out circus history. Which makes it much more funny, and way more sad! The movie was done well too!

The Revenger - Rory Clements - Historical Fiction, my fave! All I can say is wow! Grabbed this at the library on a whim. Clements has another book written prior to this one. Getting that one soon.

The kids an I are reading Captain Underpants. Because potty humor goes a long way to get little boys involved in reading!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
the help is brilliant Exclamation Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I started to read "Madam Bovary" and I really tried to read the whole book but it was a real drag!

I stopped and started to read "The Help" today. What a big difference between the two books. This one is more enjoyable to read.

last year sometime, it was very good!!! loved loved loved it, its prob out on dvd by now
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I need to look into the movie Tiny!

I'm now reading Defending Jacob by William Landay.
A real page turner!
Jadzaluk
5% products discount

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I LOVED Defending Jacob.. Lots of twists.
Along the same lines Gone Girl is a great one. The first few chapters are a lead in. The prose is snappy, but the plot truly thickens!
A compelling page turner.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I will have to try that, not heard of it.
I ordered Dark Places, also by Gillian Flynn. The reviews of that one looked really good as well.
Yes, I thought the Hunger Games was more for younger readers but it was an interesting read.
I am a huge fan of Diana Gabaldon, love all of the Outlander series. Very detailed and intense books filled with vivid descriptions and the Scottish Highlands (sigh). I have read and re-read them so many times! Can't wait for the next installement out next year!

I am with Annie the Outlander series are fantastic!!! Love loved all of them.
havana8

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Skincare wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Skincare wrote:

last year sometime, it was very good!!! loved loved loved it, its prob out on dvd by now

It's also on Movie Central right now--here's the listing of upcoming showtimes in case you have MC and want to DVR it: Smile http://www.moviecentral.ca/movies/index/8648/the-help#.UAmRqo7_TWF
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I was very disappointed with the ending, but a good read.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
How do you all find the books that you read?

Do you select the bestsellers from Amazon?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
How do you all find the books that you read?

Do you select the bestsellers from Amazon?

Yes. I have Amazon ebook and I get my books from there. The selection process is easy on Amazon because other people will write book reviews and that can help you decide if you want to read the book or not.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Defending Jacob was another excellent read and you really want to finish reading the book.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Finished Beautiful Disaster, very contemporary and a fun read. If you love Gone Girl, you will also love Dark Places by the same author.
Both great!
Reading The Winter Sea right now, so far very good!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have just finished Clash of Kings(2nd book of Series song of ice and fire)
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Another question: do you all mostly read fiction?

If not, what genres do you read most of the time?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 am      Reply with quote
jasonsmith9019 wrote:
I have just finished Clash of Kings(2nd book of Series song of ice and fire)

I don't know what the series is. What is the 1st book?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I read 99.9% fiction. I do like fiction though with historical fact, such as the Voyager/Outlander series.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm reading In the Woods by Tana French.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Defending Jacob was another excellent read and you really want to finish reading the book.

I posted this twice! lol
Well, it is worth reading.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered Everything Matters so looking forward to that!
I choose mine by Amazon, reviews, NY Times bestseller list and our local best seller list.
But there is a lot I do NOT.
I usually do my research on Amazon and read the premise and then the reviews to make up my mind.
I will also resell them or donate if I don't like them.
Finished the Anne Rice "Sleeping Beauty" series, not a fan, AT ALL. Never been so bored. I am a huge fan of hers, but this was too much and way over the top. This is her earlier work that has found a resurrgance since the Fifty Shades explosion, but not at all the same. Someone passed it on and I didn't know what I was in for. They are no longer invited to my house, haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm about to order The Closing Of The Western Mind by Charles Freeman.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Sat May 04, 2013 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I posted this twice! lol
Well, it is worth reading.

This keeps popping up as recommended to me on Amazon. Now I think I'll have to get it Smile.

I've recently read The art of racing in the rain by Garth Stein. It's basically a book about a family told from the perspective of the dog. Sounds a bit weird, but I found it a very moving read.

I finished The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult last weekend, and practically devoured it. Main parts of it takes place during WWII, following a Jewish girl and a German officer through the gruesome going ons in the war and the camps. a dominant theme is empathy or the lack thereof and dehumanizing. The end is a bit bleh though, but that's only 5 pages out of a long and gripping book.

Then I would like to mention The Passage by Justin Cronin. Downloaded this by accident, as it showed up amongst all the chick lit that Amazon normally recommends.
And be warned, this book isn't for everyone. For the first 100 pages or so, I was on the fence (having expected a romance with a little shopping and work stuff thrown in Laughing ), but then I was hooked. The story is about the survival of the human race after an outbreak of a virus that turns those affected in to something resembling vampires. So, yeah, it's a sci-fi/vampire/apocalypse sort of book.
I would say that if one liked Dark Tower by Stephen King, then this is definitely a book to get.

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I have not read a book for a long time. I read The Secret and The Power.
Both are very good and so true Smile
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
The book of the Negroes. Historical fiction and un-put-downable. Based on historical figures and an historical document.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 19, 2024 1:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |